008 The Diary

Perish in your arms

 

“You’re telling me that my job here is done?” Jinyoung raised one of his eyebrows as he stared at ake with confusion.

 

“Yeah.. You can go now. I’ll call you when I bank in the money..” ake grinned at him and back to the diary he had in his hand.

 

Jinyoung snorted. “You’re not going to tell me anything about the diary?”

 

ake looked at him. “Since when you’re this sensitive Jinyoung?” he narrowed his eyes.

 

“I did all the work while you sit there all day. You should tell me something..”

 

“That is none of your business..”

 

“It is now..”

 

ake placed the diary on his desk and stared at the furious Jinyoung. “I didn’t pay you to meddle with my business. I paid you to find the diary but not to know what’s inside it. Now get out. I need to do some reading..” ake said and put on his glasses.

 

Jinyoung scoffed. “Old man..” with that, he walked out from the room feeling more curious than ever. His phone rang and with annoyance, he answered the call. “Wae?” he asked, annoyed.

 

“Uri jinyoung ah~ did something happen?” a soft giggled was heard.

 

“I’m not in the mood Minah. Call me later,” before he could hang up, Minah said something to him that makes him interested.

 

“What do you say?” Minah asked and smirk crept on Jinyoung’s face.

 

“That’s fine with me,” he said and hung up. Another work, meaning another entertainment for him. This time, he’ll pay a visit to Minah’s ‘ex-boyfriend’. Nam Woohyun.

 

[FLASHBACK]

 

Woohyun stared at Minah in confusion. She was pointing the gun to him. “Minah ah~ what is the meaning if this?”

 

Minah smirked. “Oppa, it’s over.”

 

Those words shattered Woohyun’s heart. “What do you mean it’s over?”

 

“You’re such a fool to even believe our love is real,”

 

Woohyun scoffed. “It wasn’t?”

 

“I was pretending.”

 

Woohyun just stared at her with disappointment in his eyes. “Who are you?” he asked sternly.

 

“Kim Minah. The Red Phoenix Kim Minah,” she smiled alluringly.

 

Woohyun stiffened. The Red Phoenix was the famous assassin in the town. It was heard that she was a professional assassin that was hired to do a higher rank of jobs. Woohyun didn’t stand a chance.

 

“You don’t have to be too surprise Woohyun,” she paused and lowered her gun. “You see, you’re a rising new killer in town and you never imagine how many enemies you make. I need to live too, honey. So I accepted their request,” she explained and leaned closer to whisper something to his ears. “I was paid to kill you..”

 

Woohyun tried to pull out his gun but Minah was faster to kick in the tummy and hit her elbow to his jaw. Woohyun staggered, he backed away a little and avoided another kick she swings towards his face.

 

“Let’s just make this simple Namu. Stay still and I’ll kill you, everything would end,” she smirked and pointed her gun to him.

 

This time, it’s Woohyun who smirked. “Do you think it would be that easy? I won’t be fool twice,” he said and darted towards his opponent, avoiding her punch and going under and punches her in the stomach.

 

She coughed. “I always thought you were a gentleman.”

 

“I thought the same too.” He took out his gun and aimed it to her.

 

She smiled softly. “You won’t kill me Woohyun.”

 

Woohyun said nothing.

 

“You love me don’t you?”

 

Love. Out of all things, she blurted out the word love. That made Woohyun laughed. “I do. But not this way.” He said and pulled the trigger.

 

[END FLASHBACK]

 

Hoya walked through the grimy street of Seoul. It was midnight and all you can see is club lights flickering and loud music boomed faintly across the streets. A drunken man walked wobbly by the street, close enough that Hoya could smell the strong alcoholic reek coming from him.

 

That night, Hoya was on his way to see Dongwoo. He lost track of his job for a while. A lot of things he experience this couple of weeks made him forget the real reason he’s there.

 

Lee ake. He’s after Lee ake. He kept telling himself that. He’s on duty and he must not let anything came jamming his way. However, the more he tried to find out about ake, the less information he gets. At every place he tried to collect evidence to arrest that man, he will come up with nothing in his hands and that frustrates him.

 

While reflecting himself, he didn’t realize he had reached his destination. He glanced up to see the store sign saying ‘Infinite’, Dongwoo’s club. He entered without hesitation.

 

Everything inside was a mess. Chairs were thrown everywhere, glasses shattered on the floor and some tables were break into two. The first thing came to Hoya’s mind was Dongwoo. He bit his lips and crashed in the destroyed pub making his way towards Dongwoo’s office.

 

Leaning to the wall, was a wounded Dongwoo, clenching to the pain after he got beat up pretty bad. Hoya rushed by his side. “Yah, hyung! Gwenchana?”

 

Dongwoo looked at him and scoffed. “You’re here?” and tried to stood up but he dropped back to the ground as he his legs fail him.

 

“Who did this to you?” Hoya asked while examining his friend for serious wounds but he was glad nothing serious happened.

 

Dongwoo smiled. He said it was nothing and it was normal if you worked as an information giver. Some would beat him up if he got the latest news and some would try to kill him for it. He’s been through a lot of that but this time, something caught his attention and he has the urge to tell Hoya about it. “It’s ake..” he whispered.

 

That made Hoya perked up. “He did this?” and Dongwoo nodded.

 

“He found the diary..” Dongwoo continued. “The diary of Kang Pyojin. The incident happened 15 years ago. Something’s up and I know what’s he’s looking for..”

 

“What is it?” Myungsoo came in and stared intensely towards Dongwoo.

 

Both Dongwoo and Hoya turned towards his direction. “Oh, Myungsoo ah..” Dongwoo tried to smile. “Why does everyone have to be here at this time?” He laughed. “It’s embarrassing aish..”

 

“What’s up with the diary?” Myungsoo frankly asked.

 

Dongwoo’s face turned wryly. He didn’t plan to keep the secret to himself as he too didn’t really like what ake is doing. He wanted to tell Hoya about it because he knew, if he did, Hoya would put ake to jail. Dongwoo glanced at the curious Hoya, waiting for the answer from him. “Kang Pyojin’s diary.” He paused and glanced up to meet Myungsoo’s tense gaze. “Has the secret to a fortune. ake’s fortune.” Dongwoo started to explain.

 

“Pyojin was ake’s underling and one of his trusted minions. Same goes to Shinman. But one day, when Pyojin knew all the dirty work ake was doing, he wanted to get out from the gang but ake provoke him to stay. A kind-hearted guy like Kang Pyojin wouldn’t be fine with just that. So he hid a wholesome of ake’s money somewhere in Seoul. ake ordered Shinman to kill Pyojin but both of them were bestfriends. Shinman couldn’t kill him, instead he plead Pyojin to run away. Unfortunately, they struggled and Pyojin killed himself. The treasure, ake was after it all along. He didn’t get any clue during the years. But now, he knew the key to the treasure he’s hunting.”

 

“The diary..” Myungsoo blurted out and Dongwoo nodded.

 

“Yes. The diary. But the worst part is..” Dongwoo paused. “It has something to do with both Raeyeon and Hyejin..”

 

“What do you mean?” Hoya asked.

 

“Those two are somewhat connected to each other. If those two realize they have something in common, the key to that fortune is settled. That’s what they diary said. The thing is, ake hasn’t discovered what those two girls have in common. What’s more, those two are not in good terms with each other, so it’s even harder for him,” Dongwoo explained.

 

Myungsoo tried to put the puzzles together but the part where Hyejin and Raeyeon had in common were blank. He bit his lips and groaned in frustration. They have nothing in common if it were by Myungsoo’s perspective.

 

“Looks like a riddle to me..” Hoya blurted out. Myungsoo glanced at him, waiting for him to continue. “Those two did not have anything in common with each other. But maybe it doesn’t literally means ‘common’ as in traits..” Hoya continued.

 

“Yah~ my dongsaeng is something..” Dongwoo joked.

 

Now that Hoya mentioned about it. There must be something there. Something about those girls is the key towards another clue. Myungsoo sighed and brushed his hands through his hair. “This is getting complicated..” he muttered.

 

Well, things are getting complicated. Now that Hyejin heard all of their conversation from the door, she couldn’t help but to stared blankly. She followed Myungsoo, just because of her curiosity to find the diary; she ended up in the pub, standing not too far away from them. The truth is out. Everything that she thought was all wrong. About her dad, about Shinman, about ake and most importantly, about Raeyeon.

 

Her vengeance was the only thing that kept her where she is. But now that everything was just a waste, she can’t help but to feel regret. What the hell she’s been doing for the past few years were merely stupid decision of a stupid misunderstanding.

 

She took few steps backwards. Hoping Myungsoo didn’t turn to her direction and she was lucky she got out safely without having to face him.

 

The cold breeze brushed over her skin and she hugged her herself. Mix feelings stirred in her. It’s like she’s been fooling around this whole time not knowing whose the real culprit behind her father’s death. She’s been hunting the wrong person.

 

Lee ake.

 

She’s going to hunt him down. Even it means to get herself into trouble. 

~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~***~*~**~*~*~

A/N: phew~ done with this chapter.. hehehe.. how was it? comments are always welcome!! <3

Thank you for reading!!!!