012 Working Together

Perish in your arms

 

The night was still but the music beamed loudly inside the big mansion. ake is in for a deal this time and he didn’t want his allies to feel bored in a party like this. He had spent a lot of money on this one. He even turned his ballroom into a dance floor with the disco ball shimmering the big hall.

 

As Sungyeol stepped into the ballroom, his eyes went wide as he saw the changes his father did. “That old man got guts,” he said and let himself in.

 

Raeyeon was in her world of her own. She was boiling inside as she saw Woohyun coming out from Hyejin’s car. She shook her head.

 

“You’re okay?” Sungyeol asked.

 

“I’m fine,” she faked a smile.

 

Hyejin looked over to see Raeyeon, smiling to Sungyeol and they went to get something to eat. She sighed and placed her hand on her forehead.

 

“What’s wrong?” Eli wrapped his arms around her waist, trying to look friendly as the other girls were watching his moves.

 

“I don’t know what to say to her,” Hyejin said.

 

“Say what to whom?”

 

“Nothing,” she said and turned to search for Woohyun. She could see he too is uncomfortable when he looked at Raeyeon. Perhaps, something happened between them and Hyejin know nothing about it. She remembered him saying he’s not working as Raeyeon’s bodyguard anymore. She wondered why.

 

Hoya stepped in the mansion for the second time and looked around. It’s kinda big and he had forgotten his way through the mansion. The first time he tried to search for evidence, he was caught red handed by Raeyeon and some dudes came and attacked them.

 

He leaned himself to the wall and watched as the people around the room danced through the beat. He observed each and every face, the laughters, the hateful joy they’re enjoying sickened him. ‘Guess guild is not a problem to them,’ he said as he slipped his hands inside his pocket.

 

“Look at what we have here,” Taehee claimed as she approached Raeyeon and Sungyeol. “I thought you didn’t have a date today, Sungyeol shii.”

 

Sungyeol smiled cunningly. “I tend to keep her as a secret,” he said and drew Raeyeon closer to him. “But then, I think it’s time,” he said and he looked at Raeyeon.

 

Raeyeon smiled to him and placed her hand on his chest, trying to look as if they have the ‘special’ relationship. “Ain’t he sweet?” she smiled innocently to Taehee.

 

Taehee scoffed. “You suited well with each other,” she said strut off.

 

Sungyeol and Raeyeon looked at each other before they started chuckling. Sungyeol raised his hand for a high five and she slapped his hands in joy. “This is fun,” she said.

 

Sungyeol pinched her nose. “Aigoo, you acted so well,” he grinned.

 

“Don’t get me wrong, but I do have some negative feelings towards her,” she said, with a laugh. Just then, she saw Woohyun. She was about to ignore him but his action was suspicious enough that made her curious. He saw him slip to the other room. “Sungyeol ah, I need to go to the bathroom,” she said with a smile and Sungyeol nodded. She made her way through the crowd and disappeared behind the door.

 

Raeyeon followed Woohyun, she frowned at his movement. He was slick, she had to admit that. People didn’t even realize he was actually peering through the whole house.

 

“What are you doing here?” she asked him as she entered the room that he went into.

 

His eyes widen as he saw her. Quickly, he cupped and pushed her to the wall. His eyes narrowed at her and she could hear his breathing. “What are you doing here?” he asked.

 

She muffled under his hand before he remove it. “I asked you first,” she said and narrowed her eyes to him.

 

“Did anyone saw you?”

 

“I don’t-“

 

“Did anyone saw you?” his voice become louder and Raeyeon froze.

 

“I’m not s-sure,” she stuttered.

 

He cursed under his breath. He diverted his attention to the whole room; his eyes intensely searching for a place to hide.

 

“What’s going on Woohyun?” she asked, panicked overwhelmed her as she saw how he acted.

 

He went to the bathroom door and swung it open, cursed as he close it again. The room is too exposed. No place to hide. The only thing there was the closet which wouldn’t fit the both of them, the bed and the window; not forgetting some useless furniture that couldn’t help them any bit. Woohyun went to the window and open it. “Aish,” he said and turned to her.

 

“Do you mind telling me what’s going on?” Raeyeon asked.

 

Woohyun’s ears perked up as he heard footsteps drawing near them. He bit his lips and looked around. But in the end, his eyes landed on her.

 

“What?” she asked as her heart thud.

 

He rushed to her.

 

She blushed. “What is it?” she asked as his eyes were on her.

 

Without hesitation, he carried her and placed her on the bed.

 

“What the heck Woohyun! What do you think you’re doing?” she sat up and almost yelled at him when he cupped .

 

“Just follow my lead,” he said.

 

“Lead? What are you-“ she couldn’t finish her words when his lips crushed hers. Her eyes widen, she pulled away and covered .

 

“Trust me in this,” he said as he grabbed her wrist, lowering it. Slowly, he leaned closer and this time, softly kissing her.

 

The door swung open, Raeyeon wanted to see who was it, but Woohyun slide his hands through her hair, deepening the kiss; avoiding her from pulling away.

 

“Kids these days,” the big bulky bodyguard claimed and slammed the door close.

 

Woohyun was still kissing her when Raeyeon immediately pulled away. She looked flushed and embarrassed; but wanted to cry. “Did you just use me?” she asked him.

 

“We almost got caught,” he said.

 

“You used me twice Woohyun,” she exclaimed and this time, she didn’t regret it. She stood up and was about to walk out of the room when Woohyun caught her wrist.

 

“Listen,” he said.

 

“Let go of me Woohyun,” she said.

 

“I’m not letting you go the second time, once is enough,” Woohyun said, tightening his grip.

 

“I shouldn’t have trust you.”

 

Woohyun got angry and yanked her to him. He wrapped his arms around her waist and tightens it, trying to keep her from walking away from him. “I can explain,” he said.

 

She struggled, “I don’t need your explanation. Now let go of me,” she said.

 

“This might not be the time for me to tell you all of it but I beg you Raeyeon. Just trust me,” he looked at her with concern in his eyes.

 

She folded her arms. “Trust you, the last time I did, you’ve planned to kill me Woohyun,” she said. “a-nnd I thought, when I saw you tonight, I told myself to forgive you, perhaps to talk to you like we used too,” she stopped and held her breath. Tears started to glimmer in her eyes but she held in at looked at his eyes. “But just like Minah said, you’re just using me, I’m a tool, a toy for you to play around,” she exclaimed.

 

Woohyun sighed and placed his forehead on hers. “What am I going to do with you,” he said.

 

“You could do me something by letting me go,” she said.

 

“I’m sorry Raeyeon ah,” he said. “I was wrong.”

 

They stood in each other’s arms for a while before the door swung open again and Eli frowned at the scene in front of him. “Woohyun?”

 

Woohyun looked up and saw Eli snickering at him. Hyejin came into the picture a few seconds later. “Ah, I get it now,” she said.

 

Raeyeon pushed Woohyun away from her. “It’s not like what you think,” she said and was about to walk out from the room when Hyejin’s words stop her step. She turned to look at Hyejin. “What did you say?” she frowned.

 

“I need you Raeyeon,” Hyejin said.

 

She scoffed. “For what Hyejin? Revenge? Using him was not enough for you?” Raeyeon fumed.

 

“This time, I really need you. I can’t solve this by myself,” she claimed.

 

“I-“

 

“We need to avenge our fathers Raeyeon,” Hyejin blurted out.

 

Raeyeon stared her for a while. “What do you mean?”

 

“ake is our enemy now.”

 

Raeyeon frowned and looked at Woohyun for answers. This time, he nodded lightly; giving her a sign that she should hear what Hyejin has to say.

 

“I think we need to talk some other time, ladies,” Eli quickly said. “The guards are coming this way,” he said.  

 

Hyejin cursed. “Woohyun, do you think you could slip inside ake’s room and get the diary for me?” she asked.

 

Woohyun nodded, he grabbed hold of Raeyeon’s cold hands. She looked at him. He smirked. “Let’s go,” he said.

 

“I’m still mad at you,” she said but eventually followed him.

 

Hyejin watched the two love birds made their way to the stairs.

 

“I bet they had fun just now,” Eli joked and Hyejin elbowed him. “Okay, I was joking,” he said.

 

“Did you get your hands on his desktop yet?”

 

Eli snickered and showed her the USB drive he has in his hands. “It’s my specialty.”

 

“I thought you said it will be hard this time,” Hyejin said as both of them made their way to the ballroom.

 

“I didn’t say I can’t do it,” he said.

 

“You just wanted me to accompany you tonight, eh?”

 

“You could put it that way. It sounds nicer,” he smiled and held his hands.

 

“What? You want me to dance?” he shrugged. “I’m incredibly nervous now, and you want me to dance?”

 

“Let’s just trust them with this, I’m sure they’ll be no problem,” he said and his eyes were on Hoya, whom now rushed towards the door they came in.

Hyejin followed his eyes. “Hoya shii?”

 

Eli smirked. “He sense trouble.”

 

“Well, well, well, what do we have here? Raeyeon shii? I rarely see you these days,” ake said as he entered his room.

 

Raeyeon smiled at him. “I was curious uncle ake. This room looks so nice and I thought I wanted to come in and have a look,” she said.

 

He smiled back and chuckled a little. “Do you really think I would believe that?”

 

She shrugged. “Depends on you but I’m telling you the truth,” she said as she ran her fingers through the oak table.

 

“You resemble him quite a lot,” ake said.

 

Before she could do anything, ake was already pulling her hair, yanking her back. She led out a small cry. “and let me tell you that I dislike him as much as I dislike you now,” he said.

 

Raeyeon snickered. “I’m not afraid of you,” she said.

 

“Oh you should Raeyeon shi,” he paused and run his finger to her face. “I could crack you head and you’ll be dead in seconds,” he said.

 

They heard a click. “Let me see you try,” Sungyeol said as he pointed the revolver to ake’s head.

 

 ake let go Raeyeon and face his son. “I see Sungyeol, you’ve been hanging out a lot with her?” he asked.

 

“Get behind me Raeyeon,” he said, still pointing his gun to his father. Raeyeon did as she was told.

 

“Now, we don’t want this to happen between us, son.”

 

“Stop calling me that.”

 

“However you deny it, I’m still your father Sungyeol now drop that gun or you’ll regret it.”

 

Sungyeol scoffed. “I don’t care.”

 

“If you decide to be on her side, you’re claiming a war against me, Sungyeol-ah,” ake’s expression darkened.

 

“I never was on your side dad. Ever since mom died, I hated you,” Sungyeol said and lowered his gun. “Come one Raeyeon shii, let’s get out of here,” he said and led her outside, leaving his dad with the angry expression on his face.

 

ake fumed with the misbehavior of his son. He scoffed. The little kids are stabbing his back. ‘Those darn kids,’ he cursed.


 

Raeyeon bit her lips and stared at the ceiling, trying to grasp all the conversation she had with Hyejin.

 

“I’ve been tracking down the wrong person.”

 

Raeyeon could still see Hyejin’s face. It was full of sorrow and disappointment. Maybe she would never understand Hyejin’s feelings but what she was kind of upset that her dad didn’t tell her any of it. If she had, she wouldn’t have this hatred feeling towards Hyejin.

 

While she was in deep in her thoughts, she heard a knock on her balcony’s sliding door. She swung it open and Woohyun rushed in. He kept running his fingers through her face; checking for any wounds.

 

“Did he hurt you?” he asked worriedly.

 

She shook her head weakly and he sighed. Before they went into ake’s room, Raeyeon agreed to be the distraction while Woohyun got his hands on the diary. They didn’t guess ake would notice they broke into his room, but that man surprised them.

 

“I got lucky. Sungyeol came in right after,” Raeyeon said and went back to her bed. She lay down and peered at the ceiling once again.

 

Woohyun rubbed his chin and wondered if she’s still mad at him. He bit his lips. “A-are you still mad at me?” he asked.

 

“Depends,” she answered bluntly and Woohyun remained silent. He examined her expression and for as long as he knew her, the face that she’s making didn’t seem like she’s mad at him, instead, she’s pre-occupied with something else.

 

“Did Hyejin told you everything yet?” he asked and she nodded then frowned in frustration.

 

She sat up. “The thing is-“ she was about to say something when she realize her dad came inside her room.

 

His eyes went to her and then to Woohyun. “I thought he’s not supposed to be here,” Shinman said.

 

“Appa,” Raeyeon sighed in frustration. “Let him be,” she said.

 

“Sunggyu told me everything and I don’t think I can have him near you,” Shinman said.

 

“But I need him,” Raeyeon exclaimed which makes Woohyun to turn his head to look her heart and there goes her blushing face.

 

Shinman rubbed his chin. “You two have something going on with each other?” he asked with a frown.

 

“Nothing,” Raeyeon said and Woohyun nodded.

 

“I was saying my thanks,” Woohyun cleared his throat. “I’ll be going,” he said and bowed to Shinman. He looked at Raeyeon and bowed too before making his way out of the room.

 

Shinman came and sat beside her daughter. “I heard you went to ake’s party with Sungyeol tonight,” he said.

 

Raeyeon nodded in hesitation, it was a rare thing to see her dad being so nice to her. Something’s going on.

 

“Did you have fun?” he asked.

 

“Appa-“

 

“I know Raeyeon. I feel awkward too,” he said and rubbed the back of his neck. “Sunggyu said this would be a great chance to talk to you,” he coughed.

 

Unknowingly, Raeyeon smiled. “It was fun,” she replied and Shinman smiled by her reply. He placed his hand on her head.

 

“Mianhe Raeyeon ah,” he said and stood up.

 

“Sorry? What for?”

 

Shinman had twisted the knob, before closing the door behind him, he replied her, “For everything.”

 

Raeyeon sat there, confuse and relief at the same time. Although her appa seemed to open up his heart, she didn’t know his reasons and she tried hard to throw away the negative thoughts she had in mind.

 

‘Everything’s fine,’ she said.

 

‘It will be.’