005 Lee Howon

Perish in your arms

 

005 Lee Howon

It was a tough job and Hoya was aware of it. Days before, he heard the news about a sudden attack at the café and Nam Woohyun got shot. He wasn’t sure why but that incident kind of bothered him. He felt like he missed one or two information he’s collecting.

 

Park Shinman was on his list, of course. He heard his name whenever Lee ake was spoken of. Shinman seemed to be the closest to ake. Other than that, he doesn’t seem to appeal, not as much as Lee ake himself. But the sniper event made Hoya changed his mind about everything. Little things would consequence something big. He needs to keep that in mind.

 

This morning, Hoya got a call from Kim Sunggyu and he was called to the Park Residence. Park Raeyeon needed another bodyguard, according to Sunggyu, Park Shinman wanted a tight safety for his daughter. But it was mere coincidence that Hoya was picked out among the other underlings. Mere luck.

 

Hoya arrived at the mansion right after he got the call. As he switched off his motorbike engine, a Mercedes parked in front of the mansion seconds later.

 

The first person to come on sight was the brunette hair guy, coming out from the passenger seat and moves behind to open the rear door. He had a smirk on his face when the other guy came out from the car with annoyance written all over his face.

 

It was Lee Sungyeol. Hoya can’t help but to grin. “This could be interesting,” he muttered under his breath and made his way inside the big manor.

 

Woohyun woke up early thanks to Sunggyu who came to his room and explained about a new bodyguard being hired. Woohyun was kind of sleepy when Sunggyu said it to him so he didn’t really get the name of the new bodyguard.

 

He scratched his head as he looked at his reflection in the mirror. “Do I have to share rooms too?” It might inconvenient if he had too. Besides, he really does have a big secret he didn’t wish to share with others.  

 

A knock was heard.

 

“Yes?” Woohyun called out and the door swung open. An awkward man stood there and Woohyun smiled. He saw him before. Twice. In Dongwoo’s bar and that morning when Sunggyu introduced the new underlings to Raeyeon.  “Hoya right?” he asked and the man nodded. “You’re the new bodyguard?” he asked again.

 

“Yes it’s me,” Hoya answered shortly. “Park Raeyeon has visitors and she needs to be inform..”

 

Woohyun creased his eyebrow. “Who?” he asked in curiosity.

 

“Lee Sungyeol.”

 

“Ah, that tall guy,” Woohyun said and buttoned his blazer. “Come on, we need to check on our princess,” he grinned and walked to Raeyeon’s room. Hoya followed him from behind.

 

Woohyun knocked. “Raeyeon shii?”

 

No response.

 

He knocked louder. “Raeyeon shii???”

 

Still no response.

 

Woohyun and Hoya exchange glances. Worried of something bad might happen, both Woohyun and Hoya barged in the unlock door.

 

“Raeyeon shii!” Woohyun called out her name.

 

Stood there, was a dumbfounded Raeyeon, wet hair, wearing towels and eyes widen.

 

Hoya blushed and Woohyun grinned.

 

 “I thought something bad happen..” Woohyun said. “Someone is here to see you..” he continued. Before walking out, he whistled as he eyed her from head to toe. He gave her a wink and dragged the blushing Hoya with him.

 

A few steps and he heard it.

 

“NAM WOOHYUNNNN!!!!!” Raeyeon screamed and Woohyun smiled in satisfactory. Bullying that ice princess is so much fun. Made his day.

 

Lee Sungyeol waited impatiently. He never wanted to be there. Never ever in his life he wanted to ask someone he didn’t really know to his reunion party. It’ll be awkward and Sungyeol hated awkward moments. He gritted his teeth as he could imagine what would happen that day.

 

“Be nice now,” the brunette guy said to him as he stood near the sitting Sungyeol.

 

“Shut up.” Sungyeol barked while rubbing his temples.

 

Raeyeon marched downstairs to find Woohyun, Hoya and Sunggyu waited for her. She glared at Woohyun while making her way to Sunggyu.

 

“Raeyeon shii~ this is your new bodyguard, Lee Howon..or Hoya..” Sunggyu introduced him and he bowed.

 

Raeyeon leaned closer to him and he blinked. “Pretend you didn’t see anything, araso?” she growled with a low tone. Hoya nodded. “dae.”

 

Then her eyes shifted on the smiling Woohyun.

 

“Yes Raeyeon shii?” Woohyun said but all Raeyeon could hear was mocking.

 

Her eyes narrowed. “You’re having fun, aren’t you?”

 

“I’m sure am..”

 

“Pfft..” Raeyeon snorted and made her way towards the living room. If she stayed there, who knows how long they’ll bicker.

 

When she entered the living room, she was surprised to see someone else other than Sungyeol. She thought he came alone. Sungyeol stood up and bowed a little. “Hi..” he started and she smiled to him. “Hi..” she replied.

 

“What brings you here?” she asked as both of them sat.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Happy?” Sungyeol asked as they stepped out the front door. He did as he was told. Again.

 

“Your father will be most grateful,” the brunette guy replied with a mocking smile.  

 

“Grateful my foot,” Sungyeol snarled. He then swung the driver’s door open. “Get out.” But the driver was hesitant to move. Sungyeol seemed to lose his patience because after that, he took him by the collar and drag him out of the car. Leaving his father’s men there, he sped up.

 

“Cranky kid,” the brunette men cursed under his breath.

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A meeting among the mafia boss is held in order to update on the territories and boundaries among all. Hyejin was one of them. Although she might be young but she did keep up with the mafia world. She eventually got interest. A lot of tales she heard here and there. Some mafias, do dirty jobs to even kill others. Some just want money and some sell drugs to live.

 

“We shouldn’t be here..” Myungsoo said with a low voice that almost a whispers but only Hyejin could hear him.

 

“Don’t worry oppa. I’ve got things under control..” she replied but to only hear Myungsoo cursing.

 

Sungjong came afterwards with someone on his side. “Hyejin shii-“ before Sungjong could introduced him, he came forward and took Hyejin’s hand.

 

“Kang Hyejin..you’ve grown a lot..” Lee ake beamed.

 

Hyejin was caught off guard. “Who-“

 

“Ah~ Pardon my rudeness. I’m Lee ake..”

 

By the heard of the name, Myungsoo tensed. Lee ake. He had heard about him. A dangerous man to get yourself involve with. He eyed Sungjong for explanations but Sungjong give him an assuring look as if everything’s okay. 

 

“Lee ake..” Hyejin repeated.

 

“Your father is Kang Pyojin..”

 

Hyejin stiffed. “You know my father?” she muttered. Weird. She thought.

 

“Yes, yes.. oh a great man he was,” Lee ake paused. “He used to work with me, once. Well, before he..died..”

 

For first impression, this man infront of Hyejin didn’t really win a good ahjushi on her list. She hates when people talk about her father.

 

“You look just like him..” ake continued but Hyejin remained silent. He carried on and talked some more about her father and this time, Hyejin got more uncomfortable.

 

Myungsoo knew it was time to stop the old man from continuing, he was about to make a move when Park Shinman came with Sunggyu by his side.  

 

“Let’s not ruin the moment ake..” He said as he approached them.

 

Hyejin gave him a weak smile before excusing herself. If ake weren’t the mafia boss, Myungsoo was sure he was going to give him a piece of his mind. With one last look at ake, he strode off to where Hyejin went too.

 

Lee ake smiled. “What a big girl she had grown too.. Pyojin must be proud..”

 

“You have no rights to say that..” Shinman grunted.

 

“Now now Shinman. There’s no worth on getting mad..” he leaned and patted Shinman’s shoulder. “It was you who had no rights. You killed him remember..” with that, he smirked and walk away.

 

Shinman clenched his fist. He has to fight his urge to kill ake at that moment. Every word he said was true and that makes Shinman more frustrated. Why wouldn’t he? He was really the one who had the gun in his hand. The gun that pointed towards his bestfriend. Following the sick man’s order on killing Pyojin. “Let’s go..” he said and Sunggyu bowed to his orders.

 

t~*~*~*~**~*~*~

If she could, she would run away bluntly to the streets. She thought she was stronger than that but all of the sudden talk about her dad made her tears flow endlessly. She halted as she was out of the tall building.

 

“Stupid tears..” She muttered and roughly rubbed her tears away.

 

Myungsoo came afterwards and saw how that conversation had made her miserable. “Gwenchana?” he asked as his eyes fixed to the street in front of him.

 

“Hmm..” Hyejin nodded with a sob. But then she laughed. “I look so stupid right now..” she held up her face.

 

“I’m used to it..” Myungsoo joked and glanced to meet her watery eyes that were staring at his. The face that makes him vulnerable than ever. “You want me to kill him for you?” he joked again, this time, with a sweet smile on his face.

 

She chuckled and punched his arm lightly. “I wish..” she mumbled.

 

Silence.

 

“Oppa?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Will dad be proud of me for who I am now?” she paused. “Proud that her daughter wants a revenge for him..?” she stammered.

 

Myungsoo froze by the questions. This Hyejin, she’s too fragile to live in such tragedy. Instead of answering, he placed his hand on her head and lowered his height to her level. “I’ll get the car..” he gave her a small smile before walking away.

 

She knew she just asked him a difficult question. Although he didn’t give her any answer. She could guess what he would say if he really were to say it to her face. Saying that all her doings were wrong. He said it before but she ignored every word. Her revenge is too strong for her to back away now. Plans were put in action and all she need to do now is wait some more until Woohyun accomplish his job.  That’s all. 

-----------------------

A/N: please pardon my grammar and spelling. =.=" Trying my best to make this story interesting. A  lot of things coming soon. Anyone got confuse..? haha XD

-vipboss : Kim Minah is the girl that Woohyun killed before. It was mentioned in the early chapters. =) Thanks for reading this fic~!! Appriciate it a lot. XD