009 Truth

Perish in your arms

 

009 Truth

There was a commotion. The streets were filled with people, rummaging towards the middle of the street. An accident happened and Myungsoo was involved in it. He was driving his car and out of nowhere, a car came opposite his and slammed into him hard. Myungsoo tried his best to evade it but he was too late for that.

 

Myungsoo tried to stretch his arms and he could feel his muscle tightening causing him to groan in pain. He could even taste blood in his mouth. Myungsoo glanced up to the car in front of him and he could see the driver inside. But there was no sign of movement. He cursed and slowly, he tried to get out of the car.

 

“Chogiyo~” Myungsoo called out to the driver. His eyes wondered in flash towards the street and he could see everyone’s attention was clearly to the accident. Myungsoo hated attention and he knew this would cause trouble.

 

He limply walked towards the car and opened the crashed door. “Chogiyo~” he tried to nudge the man. But his eyes caught something on the passenger seat. Documents and he saw his picture in between the files.

 

“Damn..” Myungsoo cursed and reached for the document. Flipping every page, he got irritated as things got jumbled up. It would be too bothersome for him to think about the infinite problems around.

 

Another clue appeared as he caught Hyejin’s number on a piece of paper. He frowned. Did Hyejin have anything to do with all this? Myungsoo went through all the papers and found nothing. All were his somewhat biography, places he hangs out and stuff. Nothing to see there. But Hyejin’s phone number bothered him.

 

There are two assumptions he could make.

 

One.

 

Someone wants to kill him and is going to after Hyejin next.

 

Two.

 

Hyejin wants to get rid of him.

 

Myungsoo stared hard. Whenever Hyejin is on a move without telling him, she used to distract him by all means. Anything in that matter, she even sent him overseas once.

 

“What are you up to Hyejin,” Myungsoo blurted out.

 

Dongwoo’s words kept haunting Hoya. The whole situation only come out with one conclusion, ake is on action. It also means that Raeyeon is in danger.

 

Anytime, they will come and search for her. They will come and take her away. She is, after all, the key to ake’s fortune. Why would ake leave his precious treasure alone? By all means, he’ll do anything; even it means to kill anyone that gets on his way.

 

ake is on the wanted list. He killed several people, his one of the famous drug dealer around, a threat to the society and Hoya was enacted to the case. Hoya has to take actions now or he’ll lose ake.

 

While he was busy thinking, he was startled by Raeyeon’s sudden hello to him. She looked at him hard but he quickly put on an awkward smile. “Ah. Raeyeon shi.. hi..” he cleared his throat.

 

“Something’s bothering you?” she asked as she passed, making her way towards the huge kitchen.

 

Hoya followed suit. “Not much.” He replied and sat down on one of the chairs. He watched as she poured two glasses of apple juice. “Say Raeyeon shii?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“I’m just curious..”

 

She handed him the apple juice and stood by him, waiting for him to continue as she took a sip of her drink. But Hoya seems to hesitate. “What is it?”

 

He glanced up to her. “Well, just curious though. Does your father work under ake?” he blurted out. That question, he already knows the answer to that. Why can’t he just ask the question he need to?

 

Raeyeon nodded. “As far as I know. Why?”

 

“For how long?” again, not the question he was aiming for.

 

She bit her lips. “As long as I live.” She sipped her juice again. “What’s with the question?”

 

Hoya smiled. “Nothing. Curiosity..”

 

“Curiosity kills a cat, Hoya shii.” There’s sadness in her voice as she said those words but she quickly hides it and give him an assuring smile. “I feel like going to shopping today. Wanna come?”

 

“Sure.” He answered her without thinking too much. Perhaps. Just perhaps she knew something and Hoya was keen to know it. “Is Woohyun around?” he stood up.

 

She shook her head lightly. “Appa sent him away for work. He left early this morning.”

 

“I see..” ‘yes Hoya, curiosity kills a cat, so let’s just stick with Raeyeon for now,’ he said to himself as he followed her along the stairs.

 

Earlier that day, Woohyun come around a note on his desk. He read aloud what’s on the paper and frowned.

 

“Raeyeon ah~” he called her as she opened her door. “Are you planning on going anywhere today?” he asked and she shook her head.

 

“For now.. I don’t think so.”

 

“Well, I’m going out for work today. Call me if you need anything though.” He said and patted her head. “I’ll be off so don’t miss me..”

 

Raeyeon snorted. “Here we go again.”

 

Woohyun winked and walked back to his room. Although he hated extra work but he still need to attend it. Once again he stared at the written paper. He wondered why Shinman needed him to go there. He could have sent Sunggyu instead. Besides, Woohyun is Raeyeon’s bodyguard. He just didn’t get the reason why.

 

Dark alleys are always the option for mafias around the world. A peachy place for hideouts. But what Woohyun dislike about this place is it’s full of danger and unwanted business. People might ambush you without realizing.

 

Woohyun scanned every door along the alley but he can’t seem to find the ones written. His eyes narrowed as he walked along the path. He could see from the stares he gets that he’s unwanted here.

 

Without warning, a kick flung towards Woohyun but he managed to avoid it. Standing there was no other than Jinyoung. The one who is working for Kim Minah.

 

“Nam Woohyun.” A chuckled was heard.

 

“Jinyoung,” Woohyun started. “I didn’t expect to see you here..”

 

Jinyoung smiled. “Well, expect the unexpected Woohyun. Cause I won’t go easy on you.”

 

“That goes for you too..” Woohyun smirked and waited for Jinyoung to take his first move. Instead of doing anything, Jinyoung just stood there with a smile on him face. Woohyun frowned but seconds later, something hard hit on the back of his neck, his world becomes pitch black.

 

Panic overwhelmed Raeyeon as she woke up chained in a dark room. The loud sound of the ventilation fan filled the room. Her hands were tied up above her. Her eyes flickered everywhere. Searching for at least a clue where she’s at.  She tried to unchain herself although she knew her effort will be hopeless.

 

Faintly, she could hear punches and groans but she couldn’t see anything, the room was dark. Then it strikes her.

 

“Hoya..” she mumbled.

 

Earlier, she went shopping with Hoya. They were walking towards the car in the parking lot when someone cupped , making her drowsy and she could remember Hoya’s voice calling her.

 

“Hoya shii!” she screamed.

 

The lights flickered open and Raeyeon flinched. It stung her to face bright lights all of a sudden inside a dim room. But now she could see clearly. Three men stood there with a limp person. They shove him to floor and now Raeyeon could see clearly the bruises on Hoya’s face.

 

“Hoya-shi!” she called him while trying to free herself from the tight chains. “Gwenchana?” she asked in concerned.

 

Hoya coughed and curled up, placing his hands on his aching tummy. “You damn bastards beat me for fun,” his husky voice let out a groan.

 

“Tie him up,” the tall guy with a large scar on his face ordered the other two.

 

The bulky one followed his order and grab hold of Hoya’s arm, yanking him to stand up. Hoya, with all his might, sprung his fist to his jaw. Due to lack of energy, Hoya staggered and fell back to the ground. The bulky guy hissed in annoyance.

 

“This bastard didn’t learn his lesson,” he said and reached the half-broken wood on the floor.

 

“No..” Raeyeon shook her head. “No.. Stop it!!!”

 

Any second now, the hard wood would hit Hoya. Raeyeon’s eyes widen. “Stop!! I’ll do anything! Just stop!” she yelled but it was too late, the wood broke into pieces as the bulky guy swung it to Hoya. Grunting in pain, Hoya tried to stand up but his legs fail him and he knew he ran out of energy to fight back.

 

“Now now now boys. I told you to be less mean in front of our guest.”

 

Raeyeon glanced up and saw a tall slender young lady with long brunette hair walking towards them. Her steps echoed the whole room and she stopped once she reached in front of her. “So this is the girl,” she harshly grab hold of her chin and examine Raeyeon’s face. “Not bad..” she scoffed and looked down to see the wounded Hoya. “tsk. Tsk. Tsk. I just don’t get it. Why would you hurt yourself because of her?” She said and ordered her underlings to tie Hoya on the chair.

 

“Who are you?” Raeyeon started.

 

She turned her attention to Raeyeon, glancing at her with those cunning eyes. “Woohyun didn’t tell you?”

 

Hearing Woohyun’s name came out from made Raeyeon edgy. There must be something going on with this two and Raeyeon could bet that relationship was one of it.

 

Minah, on the other hand, enjoyed her company very well. She knew Raeyeon must have created some bonding with Nam Woohyun and to toy around with Raeyeon’s feelings would be fun. “You know, Woohyun used to be a lot colder than he is now,” she started. “He didn’t talk much. But he showed his affection pretty clear,” Minah said with a pleasure smile.

 

“You’re disgusting,” Raeyeon added with a glare. This talk about woohyun’s past didn’t amaze her any bit.

 

Minah stood and walked towards her. She smiled and tapped her small nose. “You are no worse than I am, my dear Raeyeon shii,” she sneered. “You know, I’m curious what will happen after this, after the truth is out, I wonder who will be more disgusting. You. Or. Me.”

 

“What are you-“

 

“Save the questioning later, Raeyeon shii. Cause you might need it.” Minah said with shut Raeyeon up. She then turned her attention to Hoya. The injured bodyguard. She examined him for a while. “Not bad..” she said as she got a closer look of how he looks like. Hoya snorted but she smiled. “Witty too.” She bent down to meet his eyes. “After all of this is over, how about a date? You and me?”

 

“Not interested.”

 

She pouted. “You’re no fun.”

 

“So be it.”

 

“Woohyun used to be like you. Witty and handsome.” She smiled. Raeyeon felt like vomiting. She didn’t like the way Minah talked about Woohyun. It has so many affections in it, making her jealous, unknowingly.

 

Minah glanced at her delicate silver watch and bit her lips. “He was supposed to be here by now.” She said and looked around.

 

Metal scraping on the floor was heard as Jinyoung appeared. “Sorry I’m late, baby.” Jinyoung said and gave Minah a peck.

 

“You know I don’t adore tardiness,” she joked.

 

“Well, had some trouble with our guest. Can’t help it,” he said and ducked his right hand in his pocket. “I see you’re enjoying yourself..”

 

“More than ever.” She paused. “Now where is our guest?”

 

Jinyoung called his underlings out and five of them came out while dragging the half-conscious Woohyun along.

 

“Woohyun!!” Raeyeon called out his name. Worried washed over her as she saw his conditions, bruises all over his face.

 

Hearing her voice, Woohyun tried to glance over. He cursed under his breath as he saw Raeyeon and Hoya being tied up.  With all his might, he kicked the first guy who held him by the arms, punch the next one on the nose and kicked the person behind him. Two others become alarmed and was about to attacked him when Jinyoung raised his hand to stop them and they did as they were told.

 

“What.. is.. this?” Woohyun started and spit some of the blood he could taste in his mouth.

 

“You’re here.” Minah spoke.

 

“What is this Kim Minah?” He raised his voice in anger.

 

“Why are you so worked up now? That’s not the best way to say hello, isn’t it?”

 

“Stop playing around and let them go.”

 

“Not until she knows the truth.” Minah stated and that made Woohyun uneasy.

 

She smirked.

 

 “Tell her Woohyun. Tell her your real motive..” she said. Raeyeon frowned and shifted her gaze to Woohyun. But his face darkened as those words came from Minah’s mouth. He wasn’t prepared for that.

 

“Woohyun?” Raeyeon’s voice cracked as she called his name.

 

“Tell her the real reason on why did you become her bodyguard in the first place…” Minah stated. This time, she’s provoking both of them.

 

“What is she saying?” Fear is what Raeyeon felt. There’s something going on and she knew where this is going.

 

“Don’t listen to her Raeyeon..” he said but his eyes fixed to the girl in front of him.

 

“Tell her everything. From the part where you received the money until what should you do to her..”

 

“What is she saying, woohyun?!”

 

With a quick flash, Woohyun pulled out the gun he had all along with him. But, Minah wasn’t staggered a bit by it.

 

“Tell her that you were paid..” she continued.

 

“Shut up Minah or I’ll pull the trigger..”

 

“He was paid Raeyeon shii~”

 

“Kim Minah!”

 

“He was paid to kill you….”

 

With those last words came out from , a gunshot was heard.

 

*~*~**~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~

author's note: Sorry for the late update everyone. =) subscribe and comments are love <3 <3