004 She

Perish in your arms

 

004 She

 

[Flashback]

 

Park Shinman gazed at his leader for more convincing words. He just can’t swallow what he just heard. “You want me to what?” he asked again for confirmation.

 

“Kill Kang Pyojin, I don’t want to repeat myself,” Lee ake ordered his underling, Park Shinman.

 

This time, it was no joke. Lee ake DID ordered him to kill his bestfriend, Kang Pyojin. He wanted to know the reasons. He wanted to know what Pyojin had done until Wong ake wanted him dead. Worst, in his hands. His leader knew that Shinman and Pyojin are besties. Wherever they go, they always stuck together.

 

“There is no forgiveness in betraying me,” Lee stated.

 

‘Pyojin betrayed him? But-why…?’ Shinman thought.

 

[End of Flashback]

 

“Father, you called for me?” Sungyeol asked as he entered his father’s office room. The room was very neat. The huge vase that his father bought from Japan stood in the middle of the room. The book shelves crafted from the best craftsmanship in Czech; were filled with all types of books. From politics to story books. Sometimes, Sungyeol wondered whether his dad have read them all.

 

“I heard there’s a party coming up,” he paused with a grinned. Sungyeol and his friends had always made parties every now and then, just to catch up with each other after a long time and there’s one coming up. “Have you found yourself a date?”

 

“Dad, that’s none of your concern. Just concentrate on your work and don’t bug me,” Sungyeol said sternly. ake was his dad alright. But everything, he had to follow his orders. Like the other day, he went and introduced him to Park Raeyeon. Match-making them. In return, his dad promised not to take his precious motorbike.

 

Lee ake wondered around the room. “Why don’t you ask Raeyeon? Maybe she’ll be glad to have you as her date,” he smiled to his son. To his son’s assumption, his dad’s smile has a lot of meanings.

 

“I’ve done you enough favors.”

 

“Then add more of it.”

 

“You’re sick.”

 

“And you’re the sick man’s son.”

 

Sungyeol shut his mouth. The more he tried to be rebellious, the more he’s in trouble. He should have known. Everytime he was called out to his father’s office, there’s things he was ordered to do. More like, forced to do. His father will do anything to get things he wanted even if he had to drag his own son to hell. “What do I get in exchange?”

 

“That’s my boy..” ake smirked. “You get her, that’s the exchange. You’ll thank me later, kid.”

 

Sungyeol scoffed. “I don’t see that as an advantage to me,” he said and strode out of the room.

 

The smile ake had turned wryly. So much for a son like him.

 

“You son doesn’t seem to admire you, I presume?” a brunette haired guy came into sight.

 

ake glanced at him calmly before smiling and welcoming the man in front of him. “Any son would hate having a father like me,” he joked.

 

“Absolutely can’t object to that,” he said and sat on the couch with his legs crossed. “I’ve done my job. Where’s the money?”

 

ake scoffed. “I told you not to shot anyone, yet. But you took too much pleasure holding that sniper..”

 

“It was very much pleasure. But trust me; we won’t lose anything on shooting him. Besides, my boss seemed to have a bit of vengeance with that bodyguard.”

 

“I thought you work alone..” curious, ake came closer and handed him a glass of wine.

 

He reached it and took a sip. “Before. I came to have someone above me now. A she..”

 

ake chuckled. “A she?”

 

The brunette man nodded and smirked. “Kim Minah..”

 

“Kim Minah?” ake narrowed his eyes. He heard that name before. Kim Minah. It does seem familiar.

 

~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~

 

Raeyeon bit her lips as she stood in front of Woohyun’s room. Her eyes stared at the wooden door; wondering whether she should knock or walk back to her room.

 

The incident that happened makes her feel guilty and disturb at the same time. No one said someone is aiming on killing her. Well, maybe Hyejin would be the one who would. But, Raeyeon didn’t think she would go that far. Worst come to worst, Hyejin would mess up her already-mess-up life.

 

Sadly, due to Woohyun’s injury, she can’t help but to feel like she’s the target. Myungsoo was with Woohyun at that time but how come Woohyun was shot instead of Myungsoo?

 

While her head was busy wondering in the sea of thoughts, Woohyun opened the door before she could knock.

 

He stared at her in surprise.

 

She blushed as she saw him sleeveless.

 

“I was.. urmm.. wondering..” she stuttered. “Wondering..if you’re okay…” she muttered, hoping it won’t be an embarrassing moment. 

 

He grinned and leaned closer to her face. “Dae.. gwenchana..” he said and walk in his room; leaving the door open for her to come in.

 

Raeyeon was embarrassed. She knew this is not the time to look at his well build body but she can’t help but to feel distracted.

 

She strolled her way in and found him sitting at the edge of the bed. Her eyes attached to the bandage on his arm. “Does it hurt?” she asked with a low voice.

 

“Yes, it does..” he said but to find guilt written all over her face. “But I’m used to it,” he added. “It’s my job..” trying to comfort her back.

 

“I’m sorry..”

 

He looked at her in disbelief. “What for?” he pointed to his arm and asked, “this?” and she nodded. He frowned. “It’s not your fault..” he assumed her.

 

“Feels like it..”

 

“I don’t think you have any enemies that would do something like this..” Woohyun said but she flinched.

 

“You wouldn’t know..” she smiled a bitter smile.

 

He sighed. ‘Aish, this girl..’ “Look Raeyeon shi~ You don’t have to worry,” he said and stood up, walking towards her.

 

“Don’t have to worry?! You’re kidding me,” she barked.

 

Woohyun rested both of his hands on her shoulder. “I’m here aren’t I?” he whispered.

 

She stared at him. “You better stop doing that..” she said while narrowing her eyes at him.  

 

“Do what?”

 

“Seducing..”

 

Woohyun broke into a laugh and walk back to his bed while shaking his head. “You’re attracted?” he asked with a sweet smile on his face.

 

She blushed and looked away. Scratching her head. “No..”

 

“I just want to assure you not to worry Raeyeon shii, since I’m here as your bodyguard. I’ll try my best to live up to that title,” he said, still have the smile on his face.

 

“The problem is.. can I trust you?” she said. That’s what she had to do isn’t it? As his boss or master or whatever they call it, she needed to trust him. It’s like her life is in his hands.

 

Woohyun went silent. Trust. The only word he’s afraid of and the only word an assassin won’t abide too. “That’s for you to decide..” he answered. “Come on, it’s time for bed..” he turned her around and walk her towards the door.

 

“But-“

 

He placed his finger on her lips. “Good night, princess.” He winked and closed the door.

 

She stood there. Dumbfounded and.. and..astonish.. She shook her head. “Must be the biceps.. yeah.. the biceps..” she muttered and walk back to her room.

 

Woohyun heard it; he couldn’t help but to let out a soft chuckle.

 

His phone rang. He walked to reach it and his smile died.

 

It was Hyejin.

 

“Don’t try anything stupid. This is my game,” he said as he answered the phone.

 

“If you’re so into it, why don’t you do your work properly instead of getting hurt,” Hyejin replied.

 

Woohyun scoffed. “Tell me it wasn’t you.”

 

“It wasn’t me.” She paused. “I won’t hire you if this is what I get.”  she hung up.

 

Woohyun bit his lips. If Hyejin wasn’t the culprit then who might be? The shot was either aim to Raeyeon or…

 

Him.

 

Hyejin stared at the phone in suspicious. Someone is messing with her game. “Sungjong, have you checked?” she asked Sungjong as he entered the room.

 

“Dae..” he paused. “But this time, it’s kind of hard to obtain those information. The only thing I got is that someone is aiming for Woohyun. As for the reason, I don’t know any further,” he explained.

 

“Woohyun?” well, doubtly someone might hate Woohyun because he’s an assassin. But to interfere at her precious moments is a total annoyance. She hated people meddling around her plans. She glanced at to Myungsoo beside her. “Find out who they are and send them some warning..” she said.

 

Myungsoo bowed and both him and Sungjong walked out of the room.

Sunggyu almost choked the person in front of him with his arm. Sometimes, when you’re searching for information, a little bit of violence wouldn’t hurt. “I hate to repeat myself but I’ll ask you one last time. Is your boss behind all of this?”

 

The man in front of him was frightened. He shook his head vigorously, “I swear! I don’t know anything!” he yelled out.

 

Sunggyu got annoyed, he cursed under his breath. “You swear even in front of this?” he asked while pointing the gun to the man’s forehead.

 

“I swear!!!” he yelled out. More terrified than ever.

 

Looking from the eyes, Sunggyu knew this man is not lying. He let him go and the man escaped his way from the dark alley, leaving Sunggyu in his frustration.

 

Sunggyu began to dial Shinman’s number. “Anything?” he heard Shinman’s voice at the other line.

“Nothing, sir. It’s harder than we thought..It seems that he’s moving on his own. Not letting his underlings know anything about his plan..” Sunggyu reported.

Shinman went quiet for a while. He was deep in his thoughts.

“Sir?”

“Come back to the house now and be sure to watch your way home. They might be some unwelcome men..”

“Yes, sir” with that, Shinman hung up.

Following orders, Sunggyu made his way back to the mansion and everything was safe.

Well.

For now, that is.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next morning came very brightly and Sungyeol was in a good mood. He wore his casual cloths and went for his motorbike keys. On this beautiful morning, he wanted to have breakfast at the café. His tummy is hungry for breads and coffee. He didn’t bother having breakfast with his dad because he knew he wouldn’t be at home either.

 

Sungyeol whistled as he made his way out of the mansion. “Americano~ Chuwa chuwa chuwa~” But he stopped his steps as he saw his dad’s people stood in front of him. Blocking his way to the garage. “Get out of my way,” he growled but they didn’t seem to move.

 

He blew his bangs upwards. “I said get out of my way..”

 

“Young master, your father-“

 

“I don’t care what that old man wants. Get out of way,” he pushed his way towards the two men but it was a wrong decision. Both of them grab hold of his arms. “Yah!!” Sungyeol yelled, trying to struggle out from the grip. “Let me go!” he yelled again.

 

He then was shoved into the car and he knew he had to get out fast. If he didn’t, who knows where they are taking him to. With a quick move, he punched the man on his right and elbowed the other on his left. Both of them groaned in pain.

 

Sungyeol was about to open the door when he heard a clicked.

 

“You move one more inch and I’ll pull the trigger..” the brunette man muttered.

 

Sungyeol face him. “You wouldn’t dare..”

 

“Oh I’ll dare. I don’t give a damn if you’re ake’s son. To be given such work on babysit you is not really necessary of you would just follow your father’s order nicely,” he smirked. “and I don’t  have to use this gun in my hand..”

 

Sungyeol stared at him hard.

 

“Go..” the brunette hair ordered the driver, his gun still pointing on Sungyeol.

 

A few minutes later, they arrived in front of a big mansion. Sungyeol frowned. “Where is this?” he asked.

 

“Park’s residence..” the brunette hair guy smirked.

 

Sungyeol sighed. He should have known. Park’s residence.

 

Park Raeyeon. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Love and support are welcome.

Hope you guys enjoyed this. XD