Chapter 5

In which the starting is the Summer holidays

 

Chapter 5

Soo Jin’s P.O.V

Key was looking at me in amazement. Wow, what I just said must have been that cheesy for him to be amazed that I’m that much of a retard. I got nervous and started to fidget with the edge of my white blouse.

He suddenly stood up and started walking away. My eyes widened, was he just going to just leave me like this? Without saying a word? What is he? A jerk? Maybe that’s it, a jerk, gosh how stupid was I to think that idols are actually nice?

Then doubt took over. Did he want me to follow him? No, that’s not it, he would have said something. But he didn’t did he?

I continued to stare at his back as he walked away. He glanced back and saw me still sitting there and suddenly came over to me again.

“Why are you still sitting there? You were supposed to follow me.” He said grabbing my thin wrist in one hand and my black suitcase in the other.

 His touch tingled my skin and I was glad he was facing the other way so he didn’t she me blush.

“But you didn’t say anything, you just walked off. For a moment I thought you were a complete jerk for just leaving.” I said pouting.

He stopped and looked at me then pinched my cheek.

“Aigoo, I’m sorry. I’m just used to have fans follow me where ever I go.”

I sighed “Yeah, I guess”

“Oh my gosh!” Key suddenly yelled in English “I am so sorry”

I looked at him in confusion.His English is cute

“I forgot to ask your name! I’m such a babo!”

“Oh!” I smacked my fore head with my free hand “It’s Soo Jin, I’m sorry, I forgot as well. Guess we kind of got caught up with the whole umm… idol thing.”

“Yeah, well Soo Jin. Let’s go” Key said pulling me along again.

“Wait, where are we going?!” I yelped, trying to pull away but his grip only tightens “Don’t you have a schedule? If you do why are you with me? Plus if someone recognizes you won’t there be rumors and gossip or something?” I started to panic. It’s not right for an idol to drag a normal girl along on the crowded street of Seoul .

“Shh, trust me, it will all be figured out.” He assured me.

I kept quiet after that because believe it or not, I trust him, a lot. Not because he’s famous but more like my gut instinct.

I was fully aware that his hand was still on my wrist even though I was now walking beside him. I stared at where our skin meet, his skin had a slightly lighter shade than mine.  

 I never really took interest in boys before at least not in a romantic way. But now with Key’s hand on my wrist I felt as though my heart was jumping around in my chest.

Is this the start of love? No, can’t be. I only just met him a bit more than an hour ago. Feelings like that can’t develop that quickly.

Then I noticed something, this whole time Key was not someone I have seen on TV. Instead of the nagging diva he is known to be he seemed to be perfectly normal. Not a nag has left his lip.

“Come on, pay attention to the path you’re walking on. I had to drag you out of the way of someone else twice now” Key urged.

Or at least until now I thought. Even his pose is not that of a diva in real life. I looked at him, not in a way a diva, even with the wig. Then I found my gaze landing on his lips. To me his lip was the most attractive and paired with those feline eyes made him as striking as he was. I felt like reaching out my hand and tracing those lips with my fingertips.

“Like what you see?”

I looked away quickly, my long hair covering my blush from him and pretended to be concentrating on the gray footpath.

“I...it’s not that” I stuttered “I just thought that you don’t act or looked like a diva they all portray you to be.”

It was a few seconds later before he said

“I’ll tell you a secret if you promise not to tell others.”

“Isn’t that the point of a secret? But I promise.” I said genuinely curious.

“I am motherly to an extent with Taemin. But I’m not a diva. The company set up that character for me because it apparently goes with my look. It’s true that I can dance all girls’ group dances and my character loves to do them but I find the dances just as another routine to improve my dancing skills.”

I contemplated his words as the two of us kept walking. There’s another thing that I don’t like about the entertainment industry, they make the star be something they are not for the sake of popularity.

“We’re here.” Key announced

I was so deep in thought that I didn’t notice that we have stopped walking. I turned my gaze up and I find myself standing in front of… THE SM ENTERTAINTMENT HEADQUARTERS?!          

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea how accepting to go to a café across the road lead me to be standing in front of SM Entertainment. Sure, I would have gone here to look from the outside and hope to catch a glimpse of SHINee. But I never thought I’d be here with the one and only Key, who was now starting to drag me towards the entrance.

“Wait, what you doing?” I asked my eyes so wide that it hurts. I tried to stop but my flats only skid on the ground as Key continued to drag me.

“You’re right, what am I doing?” He said

I signed in relief, a normal girl walking into SM with an idol would not be right. Plus, I’m not going to go in without knowing why.

“I can’t just take you in in plain sight. So if that doesn’t work I’ll have to sneak you in.” He declared as he took out his phone, which was pink.

“Wait, what?! No! That’s not what I meant. Are you going to make me go in? And from the sound of the ‘sneaking’ I’d say you are breaking a rule where ever you are trying to get me to.” I jumped and tried to get the phone from his hand. He only thing he did was shushing me by covering my mouth and squeezing so it was too tight for me to or bite his hand.

“Hey hyung, yeah it’s me, Key. Who’s with you right now?... Well grab them and bring a jacket with you. Don’t ask why, this could count as repaying me for buying you chicken last night, and the night before and the night be… Ok, you better hurry then.”

He snapped his phone closed as he released his arm. I rubbed my sore cheeks as I glared at him. He only smiled. Seeing as my ‘death glare’ didn’t work on him I stopped.

“That was Onew-ssi wasn’t it? You know, with the chicken and all.” I said using my hands to imitate a chicken, somehow…

“Yeah, that was, the chicken loving thing is real you know. Fans think it’s cute but it blows the heck out of our wallets. I’m sick of cooking chicken for him too.”

Before I could talk to sort out the whole sneaking me in and why we need to do it in the first place business Key cut me off.

“Here they come.”

He gestured impatiently for whoever it was to hurry up. I turned around and once again went into shock. Walking towards us was Onew, Jonghyun and Minho.

____________________________________________________

Well, that’s it for this chapter. Things sure are getting interesting aren’t they?

School is starting again here where I am so now I will not have as much time to update. I’ll try my best to update every two or so days. Please say if there is anything I can improve on in my story I’ll appreciate it. I hope you will keep reading.

Subscribe and comment!

Shinning_Star