Tae-baby...

In which the starting is the Summer holidays

OMG!!!! I'm so sorry everyone I feel as though I'm neglecting AFF. I said that I'd update often but I was in Adelaid over Easter and somethings happened and I had to stay there longer thn expected. I only got back yesterday after midnight (no idea when for you since we may be in different time zones) so please forgive me!!!

Yes, the photo above is our Taemin....

--------------------------------

Key’s P.O.V

The sunlight hit my closed eyelids, making it uncomfortable. I opened my eyes and blinked as they adjusted to the light. Soo Jin stirred and I held her closer to me, feeling her warmth. I looked at her face, her eyes were red from the crying last night but it didn’t hide the beauty she held. Her eye lashes so long that I wondered why it doesn’t get tangled in each other. Her fair skin was with a healthy glow, unlike those girls these days whose skin is as pale a piece of paper. And those plump lips that were abused, I just wanted to kiss them, to take away all of the unpleasantness from Taemin’s kiss.

I let my head go closer to her face and my lips closer to hers. I wanted to even though I know it’s wrong I wanted to. My heart pumped harder in anticipation as I leant closer and closer. Then, like all cliché movies, her breathing started to change their pattern and her eyes began to flutter as she woke up. Hurriedly I drew my head away, face hot.

“Good morning,” I said as I her soft hair.

“Good morning,” she said sleepily but with a cheerfulness that made my heart skip a bit.

“Wait, good morning?” She seemed confused then her eyes widened when they came in focus with my face.

“Oh my gosh! I’m sorry” She sprung up to a sitting position “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have kept you here!” She panicked

I sat up and pulled her into a hug

“What are you talking about? Why are you even saying sorry? I wanted to be here, you wouldn’t be able to get rid of me if you wanted to.” I convinced her as I breathe in her flowery scent.

“Kansamida, Key oppa.” and she hugged me back. I smiled, savoring this moment and never wanting it to end. Then her stomach made a rumbling noise. I chuckled and drew back.

“How 'bout I get out of here and let you change so we can have breakfast?”

“Ne,” She made her amazing eye smile and I ruffled her hair before I left the room. Shutting the door behind me I wondered how she could act so normal after last night.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soo Jin’s P.O.V

What do all girls and noonas around the world wish to do right now? That’s right, to meet, touch, talk and pretty much be with SHINee. I pretty much got all of that for an indefinite amount of time and I didn’t even ask for it. Perhaps I got too much. Despite this I didn’t feel too good. I mean who would be in this situation?

Oh come on! You nearly had it with Taemin of SHINee! Yeah well was not what I had in mind no matter who it was with. I slowly made my way to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I sighed, I looked like a mess, my eyes were puffy from crying, and my hair was like a bird nest. How could Key look at me like this?

I quickly made myself presentable and rubbed my empty stomach. Taemin wasn’t in the other bed so I guess he slept on the couch last night.

Entering the kitchen, I could smell pancakes with raspberry and cream. My mouth gaped, Jonghyun, Onew and Minho were seated with a plate of pancakes in front of them. Key had just came back from putting the pan in the sink and smiled at me, gesturing for me to sit next to him.

“So Key, you really can cook.” I picked up my fork, eyes not leaving the stack of golden circles on the plate. He chuckled.

“Stop staring and eat.” Key nudged me lightly.

That was all I needed. I took a huge bite and let out a squeal. It was like eating clouds. The others laugh inwardly and started to eat, though at a much slower pace. A few minutes passed by, all were enjoying their breakfast. I was half way done and just popped another piece of pancake in my mouth when I saw Taemin entering the kitchen. I blinked twice, fork still in my mouth and a rush of thoughts from last night came crashing down. Slowly I put my fork down and swallowed.

The others caught sight of him too and could feel the scared/awkward vibe from me.

Taemin yawned and rubbed his eyes like a kitten in the morning. Too bad, my image of the innocent maknae has already shattered.

“Good morning hyung. Umma, why didn’t you wake me up? You made pancakes!” Taemin pouted then his eyes landed on me.

He cocked his head to the side, eyes sparkled with curiosity. Practically pouncing little kitten steps to me he crouched down and looked up to me.

“Eh? Who’s this? No one told me we had a guest. Are you a noona? Even if you aren’t we could still play right?” His eyes were wide and pleading.

I looked at the others in confusion. They didn’t seem to know why either

“Taemin, don’t you remembered what happened last night?” Minho asked

Once again Taemin cocked his head to the side

“Not really,”

“Are you sure? What can you remember Taeminie?” Minho asked again

“Well, I remember going for karaoke, then a Japanese tabanyaki restaurant. After that we went to a club. Then everything got a bit blurry and I can’t remember anything else, I think one of my friends drove me home. Wae-yo?” Taemin cocked his head to the other side looking up at all of us.

“Are sure Taemin? Nothing… particular, jumps up in your mind?” Minho insisted the question

“Yes hyung! I’m sure! Now why is everyone looking at me like that? I want some pancakes umma!” Taemin puffed up his cheeks and pouted.

“Don’t worry, Tae. We’ll talk about it after breakfast.” Key said, returning to his pancakes.

I looked at mine, appetite now gone.

“Noona, are you not eating that anymore?” I slowly shook my head “Then can I have it?” I sent a small smile towards him and silently nodded.

Taemin gave off a cheer and started eating. Key held my hand under the table and gave it a small squeeze. I looked at him, a questioningly. He only gave me a reassuring smile, after which I smiled as well.

-----------------------------------------------

After the tense breakfast, except Temin who seems oblivious to the atmosphere, we all made our way into the lounge room. Taemin sat cross legged on the beige carpet, Key, Onew and I sat on the couch in front of him with me in the middle and Jonghyun and Minho sat on the other sofa on the side. I felt as though we were the parents looking down on the child and about to talk about something important, which this was. 

“Ok, Taemin, we are going to have to talk to you about something very important. Something that got to do with last night.” Onew started seeing as he was the leader.

“OK, but after this can we have ice-cream?” Taemin really reminded me of a cat now.

“We’ll see,” Onew said then looked at Minho for him to continue

Minho cleared his throat and put his hands together

“First off you should know the situation. This is Soo Jin, she is not your noona. She’s staying with us because she doesn’t have a place to go. It is essential that you understand that you do not talk to anyone about her stay with us. We do not want anything to happen to her.”

“Oh, is that all? Well that’s easy, I thought it was something serious. Of course I won’t tell anyone, the more the merrier.” Taemin made his adorable eye smile.

“No, that’s not all.” Minho’s eyes fleetingly went to Key, who then held my hand tightly. I smiled at him gratefully to tell him that its fine.

“Taemin,” Mino took a breath “You nearly her.”

All of us looked at him. Taemin still got his happy face on but held no sign of moving. For a moment, I thought he didn’t hear Minho.

Then his eyes dilated, and his back feel back with a thump. I let out a squeak as all of us rushed to Taemin to see if he was alright. He was unconscious.

Minho effortlessly hosted him up. I sat on the couch and he laid Taemin down, letting me caressing his head.

“Taemin oppa, oppa wake up.” I called to him, patting his cheeks lightly “Oppa!”

 He didn’t make any sign of waking up and I looked to the other members only to see expressions that mirrored mine. I looked down again.

“Oppa!” I tried again, desperate

Slowly, those delicate eyelids lifted and Taemin’s black eyes came to focus on mine.

Yet another moment of silence

I let out a small gasp when his eyes started to water and pretty soon tears began to leak and run down the sides of his face.

“Noona!” He croaked as he covered his face with his hands

“Ommo! Oppa, please stop crying”

He sat up and hugged me, on instinct I held him back, trying to calm to sobs

“Noona, noona, I’m sorry”

I rubbed his back but the sobs just kept on coming. Seeing his like this was like seeing a child in agony and it really hurt. I might have been terrified and lost all of my trust in him but when I see him like this, I know that he really means it, that he is sorry.

Frantic to make him feel better I did what I always do when children cries. I sang.

Haneure bitnadeon byeori
Jeo meolli bitnadeon byeori
Nae mame naeryeowannabwa

Gaseume saegyeojin byeori
Gaseume bitnadeon byeori
Ama neoingeot gata

It seemed as though that did the trick, as I sang Taemin slowly stopped crying aloud and reduced to a whimper.

Tteollineun soriga deullini
Oh star
Tteugeoun simjangeul neukkini
You’re my star

Taemin held me closer and I didn’t mind


Aju oraen meon yetnalbuteo na kkumkkwowatdeon sarangi
Neoingeol ara
Eonjena hamkke haejwo

Aju oraen siganeul neodo
Neul gateun jarieseo bitnajugil
Naemam neoegeman billyeojulge

 

I only sang the first verse, after all, who would want to listen to more now that Taemin have finally calmed down.

Slowly, he drew away from me, eyes still red and a bit glossy. I gave him a small smile

“It’s alright Taemin-oppa, I forgive you, everyone makes that mistake”

“Ani, that’s not good enough. I swear never to drink alcohol again. Just to make sure I’ll never do something like this again” He sniffed

I chuckled “As if oppa, there comes a time when it is called to drink. This is just a silly thing that happened ok? You don’t need to promise me not to drink, only to stop calling me noona because I’m not your noona, you make me feel old.”

“Ani-yo! I won’t drink again!” He crossed his arm and pouted, seemingly determined. “But I’ll you Soo Jin if you insist, but it’s the first time I’m calling a girl by name so you better call me Tae-baby, I don’t let girls call me that, only hyungs, so consider it as a first for both of us.”

Aish this kid like guy, oh well I’ll tell him to forget about not drink ever again later.

“Good enough, for now” I said and couldn’t help but frown at how skinny, as in near anorexic, he is, unlike in posters. I seriously think SM is trying to starve these guys.

“But, noon… I mean Soo Jin, your voice was really nice” Taemin said “When you sang I felt all calm and stuff, you’re really gifted”

Blush and half rolled my eyes “Yeah right, this isn’t going to turn out like one of those dramas when the girl gets the job even though she wasn’t trying to and turn out to be a great success is it?”

“But it’s true… You’ve got potential” Onew whispered, I jumped. I nearly forgot that everyone else was there, they were so quite.

“No, I don’t. I wanted to have potential but I don’t, people say that I don’t have that kind of potential. I only sang because it’s what I usually do with crying children at the kinder garden at my part time job.” I was so confused, why are they saying this. I wanted to work for SM but, really, you need real talent and I don’t have that.

“Well then people who said you don’t have talent is lying, cause you do.” Key said

“Just stop it, I don’t! I want ice-cream, let’s leave it at that” And so we did.

_____________________________

WHY SOO JIN!!! Have more confidence!!!! So nearly everything is solved about Tae’s incident. Most of the time I call Taemin Tae-baby, doesn’t everyone??

Anyways its good to be writing again and I’ll try and update soon!

Comment and subscibe!

P.S The song She was singing is called Stars by cnblue's minhyuk. It's from Heartsting (amazing btw) so please lisent to it.