Change

Life goes on [One-shot collection]

"Why? Why~ me?!"
"Taengoo, it's not a drama." Tiffany soothed her friend, very gently rubbing over her back.
"Last year after the accident all of you did the promotional work while I was stuck at the hospital or at home and now look where we are." Taeyeon pouted. She really felt guilty for holding her members back once again for the accident that had happend almost a year ago now. It wasn't the first time her shoulder had bothered her but today, after a dance-move for the new album that was comming out in only a month, it had bothered her badly. Why? Because there where too many twists, swirls and swings that had to be made with their arms.
"Unnie. I brought the ice pack." Seohyun announced as she reentered the practice room, after her search for the item in question.
"Thank you." Taeyeon sighed.
Tiffany took the pack from the maknae and then placed it over the area where she thought Taeng was hurting the most. She got comfirmation when Taeyeon let out a grunt.
"Maybe we should ask for an other choreography?" Jessica sugested.
"But it's perfect for the song." Hyo whined.
"We all know that but if we keep this one then Taengoo's shoulder problem would get worse." Sica said in sergeant-Sica mode.
Taeyeon let out an other grunt as she changed her position on the floor from sitting to lying down, holding the icepack on spot with her own body-presure.
"Sorry." She mumbled.
"You girls are allready taking a break?" Their manager asked when he came in to take a look.
"Taeyeon unnie's shoulder hurts, oppa." Seohyun said.
"We can't use this dance or else she will make it worse." Tiffany added.
The manager walked towards Taeyeon and kneeled next to her.
"You okay?" He asked and got a raised thumbs up with her good arm as a reply.
"Do you need a doctor?" He then asked, this time receiving a thumbs down. The manager gave her comforting tap on the hand before getting up again to adress the girls.
"Okay. For now you can all go eat. I'm going to give a call to the choreographer." He said, finalising it with a clap from his hands before leaving the girls on their own.
"Let's get some take-out. Anybody else in for chicken?" Jessica suggested. All the girls in the room agread with a simple 'okay' so Sica started dialing the number.
"Taeng, maybe you should go home and rest?" Hyoyeon sudenly sugested.
"I'll only get bored. I'd rather stay here where I have company."
"You and Teuk really need a pet in the house for when the other is overseas." Sica joked after finishing the call with the chicken delivery.
"And where will said pet stay when where both overseas?" Taeyeon quipped.
"With the family?
"We'll just get astranged with the pet then."
"Then take it with you when we go overseas. If it's well behaved and small enough then manager oppa wont mind."
"Your hanging around with Heechul to much. You both don't know when to give up." Taeyeon said, pointing an accusing finger at Jessica.
"I'm Heesica for a reason." She grinned in reply.
The girls fell to silence while they waited for the food to arrive, everyone of them keeping themselves busy. Taeyeon couldn't help but start thinking about the consequences. She was allready told that the use of her shoulder would be limited even after the physical-therapy, but she had only kept it in the back of her mind... until now. So she descided, after everyones sugestion, to go to the doctor anyway. But it hadn't made her any happyer when she left. The manager, who had gone with her to drive, dropped her off at home.
"I know it's a hard descission to make, Taengoo. But you have to descide whats best for you." He said once they arrived, breaking the silence that had hung in the air durring the ride.
"I know." She mumbled in reply.
"For now you should rest. I allready contacted Sooman and he rescheduled the comeback to happen in two months. That way you can rest, the choreographer can come up with a new dance and..."
"The album has allready been postponed for a whole month and now again?"
"It was because all those technic difficulties durring the song recording. You know that." The manager tried to reasure her. But she only sighed in reply before getting out of the car.
"Rest, okay. I'll give you a call as soon as I hear something from the choreographer. Good night Taeyeon."
"Good night oppa." Taeyeon mumbled her reply. She barely slept that evening, thinking about everything that was going on.

The next morning, as she stood in the kitchen to prepare breakfast, Taeyeon put up a small smile while taking extra ingredients to make more as she heard the front door open.
"What's this about a visit to the doctor? Is it your shoulder?" Teuks voice shouted.
"Yea~" Taeyeon simply replied.
"Then why arrent you lying down?" He asked, head appearing around the corner while he replaced his shoes with slippers.
"Because one: I was hungry. Two: you where comming home early. three: I was bored." Taeng explained without looking up from the pan she was using to fry egg's.
"So... your fine?" Teuk asked to make sure.
"Offcourse I am."
"Are you at least going to tell me how you ended up there?" He then asked as he stood next to her.
"Is this a first degree?" Taeyeon asked back.
"Can you blame me. You send me a text at midnight saying 'The album got canceled again' with a pouting face followed by 'If you arrive home sooner then let me know because I don't know when I get back from the doctor. X'."
"You should be worried if you don't get an 'X'."
Leeteuk, after heaving a big sigh, wrapped his arms around her while standing behind her.
"What's wrong?" He asked.
"I don't want to talk about it... not now at least." Taeyeon said, mumbling the last part.
"Taeng... there isn't anything wrong with you, is there?"
"No. Not really."
"Then..."
"The doctor said I can't keep doing fysical activities like these or else I would ruine my shoulder completely." Taeyeon gave in to Teuks persitance.
"Can't it be fixed?" Leeteuk then asked as he took a seat at the kitchen table.
"He told me I could get surgery again to take out the pins but he also said that it would still give me problems anyway because it wont take away the damage the ligaments have sustained."
"Then... are you saying what I'm thinking your saying?" Taeng could only nod to that question as she finaly felt the meaning of everything hit her.
Teuk got up immediatly when he saw his wife tear up and hugged her tightly.
"I'm sorry Taeng." He whispered.
"I..." Taeyeon let out a snif and rubbed away some tears before she could continue. "Will you come with me when I go too the SM office tomorow?"
"Offcourse I will." He reasured and pressed a kiss against her temple.

~To be continued

Dum dum dum. Update, kekeke. I was thinking about this update the whole night and well... because of the accident Taeng had in 'The "What if's" of Taeteuk' something like this was bound to happen.  Be anticipating for the conclusion of this in the next chapter!!!