Love Reality

Love Reality

Taemin was still trying to stop the bruises from bleeding.

The handkerchief was soaking wet and blood trickled down on his lap. Onew and he were in the car by now, driving home.

 

Who were these guys?” Onew asked after a few minutes they had spent in silence.

They are … bullies.” Taemin mumbled as answer and kept his gaze on his feet. He seemed uncomfortable – which was quite understandable. “I don't even know their names.”

Why are they bullying you?”

I don't know.”

Onew turned the car around a corner and sighed deeply. “For how long has this been going on, Taemin-ah?” he asked and felt himself getting mad and sad when the maknae didn't answer.

Don't ignore me, Taemin-ah.” he repeated, trying not to raise his voice against the boy next to him. He was mad at him and didn't even know why. Of course Taemin wouldn't tell him if he was bullied, he wouldn't have done it when he was at Taemins age either. Still he felt hurt.

It's been going on for a while ...” Taemin mumbled and flinched a bit when he pressed the handkerchief too tightly on his bruise. Though he had finally managed to stop the bleeding his sleeve and lap were sprinkled with blood-drops.

 

Did you tell your teachers?”

No.”

Well then you'll tell them tomorrow. If you won't, I will. Got it?”

But hyung-”

No buts! You will tell Key about this, too.”

Yes, hyung ...”

 

They spent the rest of their way in silence. Onew was calming down again, realizing that he shouldn't have raised his voice like that. He usually didn't give lectures and would never talk to the maknae like that … he didn't even know why he was mad at him.

After all, it wasn't his fault that he was bullied. Or at least, it didn't seem like it was.

 

Still the feeling that Taemin didn't trust him occurred to him because he hadn't even mentioned something bad going on.

 

Onew tried to focus on the last night, when Taemin had shown him his birthday present … he thought about the way he had moved, about the way he had smiled when the music went off … and about the kiss he had given the leader.

A comfortable feeling spread inside of him, making the anger disappear.

Why couldn't he stay mad at Taemin for long …?


When they reached their parking spot in front of their dorm Onew sighed again, smiled faintly and said: “Sorry for before, Taemin-ah. I shouldn't have gotten mad like that. Guess I was a bit … overreacting.”

It's fine, hyung.” Taemin answered and smiled back softly. “I understand why you got mad … I'm really sorry.”

Onew reached out with his hand and ruffled his blonde hair once again before saying: “Let's talk to Key tomorrow. I'll pick you up and make sure that this doesn't happen again.”

Taemin giggled and nodded.

Tzz, postponing Keys lecture is always good, isn't it?”

The maknae smiled and nodded all over again. “Neh. It's your birthday after all … Let's have a good time, okay?”

Onew agreed with a smile and was about to step out of the car when Taemin grabbed his wrist gently, holding him back. “Wait, hyung.” he said. “Do you think we could go to the library first? One of my books is kind of … ruined now … I have to get another one.”

The leader actually thought about saying no for a second but agreed in the end.

 

The evening was approaching when they finally got back. The sun had already started to set and it was getting quite dark. Taemin was in quite a good mood again. Apart from the school book he had also bought a new CD – he had borrowed the money from Onew though. Still Onew didn't want the money back. He kind of enjoyed giving Taemin presents – it made him happy seeing Taemin with the things he cherished.

The mall hadn't been very crowded and they had luck with the weather because it was chilly but not raining and the sun was shining as well. They even bought Coffee and Taemin had been quite excited about it. Though as soon as the liquid touched his tongue he had spit it out, saying “This is disgusting! How can you drink this so easily, it tastes like oil!”

In the end it had turned out to be a nice afternoon.

 

Though Onew was happy to be at home again. He was still tired as hell and just wanted to sleep.

When he and Taemin entered the elevator though Taemin suddenly covered his eyes and started giggling all over again.

Don't look, hyung!” he said and Onew knew that the maknae had to get on his tiptoes to cover his eyes. “It's a surprise.”

Okay ...” Onew said and chuckled. “Don't tell me you're doing a party for me …?”

It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you now.” there was a bit of despite in the maknaes voice and Onew knew he had guessed right – he didn't say any more though.

Don't worry though, I know you're going to like it!”

 

The elevator door opened and Onew felt two other pair of hands grabbing his wrists.

Yah, what're you up to …? “he said and laughed loudly when he accidentally stepped on someones foot. He heard Jonghyun cursing silently. “Jonghyun hyung, what're you doing?”

I'm not-” the voice started to say but there was a slap, a low cry and Onew knew that Key was there as well. Only he could get that sound out of Jonghyun.

 

He heard the door to their dorm open and was guided inside. Suddenly music started playing, it was their newest album playing. Kicking his shoes off he felt everyone letting go of him, Taemin last.

In front of him was the hallway, but the light was dimmed and there were bright colorful balloons on the floor.

 

Go on ahead.” Taemin said from behind and put his head on his shoulder. “There's more.”

Onew turned his head to look at the maknae and ruffled his hair again before bowing his head to Key and Jonghyun. He went on to the living room and smiled brightly when he was greeted by a rather small crowd who started singing “Happy Birthday” for him.

Familiar faces popped out everywhere, all of his closest friends were there. They hugged him, patted his back and head and congratulated him happily. He kept on laughing all the time, thanking all of them and having a chat with most of them as well.


After a while Minho had turned the music on quite loudly and everyone was dancing and celebrating. Though a whole bunch of them was standing at the side, eating.

 

Hey.” Onew felt someone grabbing his shoulder from behind and turned around just to see Minho in front of him. The rapper tilted his head and smiled at him brightly. “Happy birthday, hyung.” he said and pulled him into a hug. “Sorry for not calling but I couldn't get through to you.”

Yeah, I know.” Onew said and smiled back at him. “Taemin and the others called and I was on TV after that.” he took a look around the guests and started wondering where the maknae had run off. Before Minho had appeared he had been looking for him anyway.

He hated to admit it but he already missed the cute and upbeat boy next to him.

Looking for Taemin?” Minho chuckled when he noticed the way Onew scanned the crowd.

The leader turned to him, his cheeks flushed and nodded.

I saw him in there a few minutes ago.” the rapper said and pointed at the kitchen. “I think he wants to get himself something to drink.”

Onew smirked at him and headed over to the kitchen.

 

The flat was barely big enough for all five of the SHINee-members, he was a bit afraid it might burst with so many other people in it. Not to mention the loud music.

Onew sighed and laughed at himself – if he'd think about it now he'd get distracted and would probably start causing some Onew condition.
'Better stop thinking now.' he told himself and pushed the kitchen door open. Taemin was actually there, standing at the kitchen counter.

He didn't seem to have heard Onew entering the kitchen because he didn't even turn around once and Onew decided to take advantage of that situation.

Quietly he snuck up behind the maknae and put his hands on his eyes within a mere second, causing him to yelp out – he almost dropped the cup he was holding.

 

Yah, Onew hyung!” Taemin said and giggled. “You scared me!”
“Tzz, you fun killer.” Onew chuckled and let go of him. “How did you know it was me?”
Taemin raised his shoulders and blinked at him, saying: “I know your habits. You're the type of person who'd do this.”

 

He raised his cup and took a little sip of it. As soon as he had swallowed it he started shaking his head wildly, making his hair bounce. Onew knew immediately what he had drunk, Minho was right.

 

Taemin-ah ...” he said a little bit teasing. “Does Key know you're drinking Alcohol?”

He shook his head a bit too fast, making his hair bounce even more. “Umma doesn't know.” he mumbled and took another sip. “He shouldn't know either.”
“You get drunk so easily, Taemin-ah.” Onew laughed and patted the boys shoulder. “I can tell you drank something already.”
“It's not that obvious.”

Yes it is. Your cheeks are flushed and your pupil is a bit widened already.”

Oh, I don't care ...” he slurred a bit and emptied the cup in one shot, shaking a bit afterwards.

 

Onew held his stomach while he laughed loudly – it hurt somehow.

But not in a bad way, it felt quite nice actually.

 

Taemin giggled in a silly way and a goofy smile curled around his lips – he was slightly drunk already. When a certain song started playing in the living room, the maknae looked up happily and grinned at the leader. “Hyung~” he said and grabbed Onews hands. “Let's dance!”

 

Onew didn't like music by Rihanna, but he felt okay with it when he saw Taemin dancing to it, the maknaes smile was getting brighter and brighter by every second. He didn't feel uncomfortable with dancing around the others like Onew did. The leader felt quite relieved when the light was dimmed even more, he'd stop being so shy now, too.

There was only one light source in the room now – it were the fairy lights Key had bought a while ago, they were switching colors every few seconds, turning SHINee's dorm into some kind of wannabe disco.

He laughed out loud when Taemin started dancing close to him – it still looked so professional.

When the bridge came on Onew finally recognized the song for good and could stop moving like a complete idiot. If he wasn't mistaking it was a song called “Don't Stop The Music” or something like that. Though she was singing it continuously, so it had to be that name.

 

The cute smile on Taemins face turned into a seductive grin and he started moving even faster and smoother. Onew tried to follow his moves but failed badly in the end. The maknae was just too good. He didn't even notice that they ended up dancing together real close.

Their hands were intertwined, their faces were almost nose to nose and Onew could feel his knees hitting Taemins quite often.

He really enjoyed this. His fingertips were burning from Taemins touch, his face was bound to be flushed from the heat in this room and from his fast heartbeat which wouldn't slow down any time soon. Taemins grin right in front of him wasn't very helpful either.

 

They both started laughing when the Chorus came on for the last time.

Yah, I don't want it to stop!” Taemin moaned loudly, pouting cutely. “Please don't stop the music~” he sang along and closed his eyes.

For a second Onew was worried that there was something wrong, but he relaxed when Taemin giggled quietly.

Hyung, your hands are hot.” he said and looked at the leader again. “You nervous 'bout something?”

Onew chuckled and grinned at their hands. “Not nervous.” he then said and leaned forward so his forehead hit the maknaes gently. “Just enjoying this.”

Taemin laughed and pushed his head against his a bit, his grip on Onews hands tightened a bit.

 

Much to the leaders liking the next song was a song he knew very well – it was a song by Britney Spears called “Toxic”. It was also a song Taemin really liked … looked like Minho had marauded the maknaes CD's a bit.

 

Taemin grinned again and pulled his forehead back. “Watch me again, hyung.” he said and started dancing in front of him – without even letting go of the leaders hands.

Onew watched in anticipation as Taemin danced to this rather y song and couldn't deny that there was only one thing crossing his mind right now.

 

When the song ended and Taemin stopped dancing there were a couple of people who applauded but they turned away again quickly – and that was good.

Onew wanted Taemin all to himself right now.

 

The next song was a one he didn't know, but that didn't matter anymore. He could dance shamelessly and didn't care about the others anymore.

Though he could guess that Taemin knew the song since he was moving so perfectly again. The maknae lip-synched the song and suddenly put his hands on Onews shoulder, pulling him closer. He pressed his lips on his cheek and wrapped his slender arms around his shoulders and neck.

Onew embraced Taemin tightly and was finally sure what he should do – he'd take the next step soon. If he didn't do something about the way he felt soon he'd completely forget himself.

And if Taemin kept on giving him these little kisses … maybe it meant that he actually did feel the same. Even if they didn't mean much to the maknae, they meant a lot to Onew and always made his heart stop beating out of excitement.

 

They kept on dancing for a while and were sad when Minho announced that he'd play the last song for now – it was already past one a.m. and their neighbor had threatened them with calling the police if they'd be noisy for too long.

Even through his disappointment Onew felt okay with that. When he thought of going to bed he could feel his tiredness again. He had a slight headache from the Alcohol he had drunk and his ears were starting to ache badly from the loud music.


The only thing he was sad about was that he'd probably not get this close with Taemin for a while anymore … the thought made his chest ache and he decided to forget about that for this last song.

 

When the last song started he felt his face lit up and his feelings tingled a little. He heard Taemin giggle once again.

I told Minho hyung to play this one.” the maknae whispered and tilted his head slightly. “Since you like it so much.”

Onew smiled brightly at him and pulled him into another tight hug. The maknae caressed him again and chuckled silently.

Hearing “Stand By Me” on a party was unusual, but oh well – this would be a dance Onew would definitely remember.

 

Taemin and he danced to this rather slowly, cuddled up into each others arms.

And there they were again, the sparks between them.

 

But this time they wouldn't be disturbed.

No-one would come and rip them apart.

 

And that was when Onew realized that his feelings for this boy weren't just puppy love.

They were real.

 

And he somehow knew that Taemin was feeling the same when he looked into his eyes again. There was kindness in them – and it made him happy when Taemin leaned in to kiss him on the cheek again.

 

Onew chuckled and kissed him back, causing the maknae to giggle under his breath.

 

When the song was about to end, Taemin put his hands on Onews shoulders and leaned onto him.

Onew did the same with him and they moved slowly to the ending music.

The leaders heart sped up when he decided to ask what he had meant to ask for a while now.

 

Turning his head to the maknaes ear he whispered:

 

Will you go out with me?”

 

His heart literally stopped beating when Taemin nodded and answered:

 

Neh, I thought you'd never ask.”