Love Reality

Love Reality

Onew arrived a bit too early at the Studio. Still he was taken in immediately and was guided to the make-up section where the styling noonas started covering him with make-up and the usual stuff

It took them a bit longer than an hour to get the SHINee-leader ready for the stage and camera.

He was done about ten minutes before the recording would start.

 

Leaning against the wall he watched them prepare everything.

This was going to be quite boring – just another interview about their newest Album “The First” which they had released about two weeks ago. Ever since that release they had been touring through Japan, advertising for it and, of course, giving Interviews. They had come back home on last Friday.


When he was about to think of what to answer to the upcoming questions he heard his cellphone ring. He smiled brightly when he saw a picture of Taemin on the screen.

Hi there, Taemin-ah.” he said when he picked up. “What's up?”

 

The maknae giggled and said loudly:

Happy official birthday, hyung!” he took a deep breath and started singing “Happy Birthday” in Korean. It caused the leader to laugh out loudly – he dragged a couple of weird looks from the staff around him but he didn't care.

Happy Birthday to you~” Taemin ended and chuckled. “I hope you're gonna have lots of good luck today!”

Onew laughed again and smiled at the ground. “Thanks, Taemin-ah.” he then said. “I'm bound to have good luck now.”

I hope so!” Taemin said cheerfully. “I was afraid you might have bad luck because I congratulated you too early yesterday night ...”

 

Don't worry, I didn't.”

 

Good! Where are you right now? Are you at the dorm?”

“Yah, I'm in a studio right now. Gotta give an Interview in a few minutes.”

 

I see … Hey, do you think you can pick me up after school?”


“Uh … I'd love to but … I don't know if I can make it … Can I call you back when I'm done?”

“Neh, sure. Ah, I gotta go now! I wanted to call you on your birth-time so I snuck out of classes for a second … I should head back.” Onew could literally see the maknae pouting.

 

Okay, see you later then, Taemin-ah. And thanks again.”

“You're welcome, hyung!” he laughed. “Bye.” and they hung up. Onew chuckled and was about to put his phone away when it rang again. Without checking who it was he picked up.

He started to laugh when he heard Key and Jonghyun discussing.

 

Hey there.” he said and smiled brightly when they started singing “Happy Birthday” as soon as they had heard his voice.

Happy birthday, Onew hyung!” Key said loudly. “Stay healthy!”

And stop causing so much Onew condition next year!” Jonghyun added and laughed.
“Make sure your voice doesn't crack as often anymore!!” when Key said that Onew could hear Jonghyun cracking up. “You're 22 now, you can't keep on voice-cracking!”

Thank you.” Onew chuckled and nodded at the ground again. “And I'll try.”
“Yah, you're so old now ...” Jonghyun said. “I'll turn 22 soon, too though ...” Key bursted out laughing. “You should see your face!”

You're old, too!”

Yah, shut up! I'm young!”

Onew giggled badly, he didn't wanna burst out laughing at the set. Jonghyun and Key together could be some real killers sometimes …


“Onew hyung, I know it's your special day but can you do me a favor?” Key asked and caused Onew to listen up more carefully. He pretended he didn't see the staff who were gesturing him that he had to be on stage in less than a minute.

Sure, what is it?”


“Can you pick Taemin up from school?”

 

Uh … Taemin just asked and I said I didn't know if I could make it in time.”

 

Please, I'd pick him up but I still have something important to do.”


“But I don't know if I can-”


“Okay, thank you!”


“See you later, hyung!” Jonghyun added and they hung up on him. He stared at his phone, wondering what this was all about but then a couple of other noonas came and dragged him to the stage. Shaking his head he started smiling for the camera and prepared for his Interview.

 

It was just like he had predicted it to be – boring as hell.

Instead of asking some new questions about their album they kept on repeating things he had been asked a dozen times before. “How do you feel about your debut in Japan”, “What kind of songs are on your album”, “Explain what kind of song 'Lucifer' is” and so on …

 

Onew set off for Taemins school a couple of hours later. He sighed in relief when he realized that he had actually made it in time – he was a couple of minutes too early though.

He parked on one of the empty parking places right at the entrance and waited in front of the car, waiting for the maknae to come out.

 

Taemin really was lucky to be at such a nice school, it was very pretty and quite modern as well. Of course he didn't know about the other students, but the teachers had assured him that they were all very nice and that Taemin was bound to get along with them well. It's been quite a while ever since they signed the maknae up in this school … and Onew would still prefer him to go to a mixed school instead of a pure boys school.

A while ago they had had a shooting for some Chinese clothes-factory – and they had to take pictures with a quite pretty noona. When she and Taemin were supposed to pose together the maknae didn't seem to want to get close to her, he even avoided her. Onew assumed that Taemin was just not used to girls …

 

He took a look at his watch and was relieved when he saw that it would ring within the next two minutes. Getting back to the dorm was the only thing he actually wanted right now. His bed would be waiting for him, warm and comfortable … he could still celebrate his birthday tomorrow, there was no party planned anyway.

Onew looked up when the bell finally rang and saw a lot of students leaving the building already. They all looked the same. All the same height, same black hair, same brown eyes and same blue uniform. It wasn't hard to find Taemin in this, he really did shine with his blonde hair. Plus, he was taller than most of them, too.

 

The leader noticed that Taemin was with four other guys and smiled at the sight. Those must have been his friends.

He smiled brightly and waited for him, feeling relieved that he might have misunderstood the maknae this morning. Maybe he wasn't bullied after all …

 

Though … after a few seconds he noticed something weird about them.

Taemin didn't look okay. He even seemed to be scared. One of them grabbed him the shoulder, but the maknae shook him off, pressing the books he carried against his chest. Onew quickly started to make his way over when one of these guys grabbed the books and threw them on the floor.

His heart sank – what was going on?

 

Fighting his way through the crowd of students he could hear parts of what Taemin said and, of course, what they answered.

Leave me alone already.” the maknae said and Onew spotted him backing off against a wall. “I didn't do anything.”

Onew pushed two boys aside and got a bit closer to them.

Why, you so feisty today, Taeminnie.” one of them said and grabbed him by the hair. “Did you drink some potion or what happened? You usually don't talk back like that.”

Don't touch me!” he slapped the guys wrist and caused him to let go off him. The guy cursed and Taemin flinched badly, his eyes widening in fear.

 

Suddenly two rather fat students blocked Onews sight and it took him a few seconds to get around them – but then, he finally reached them. But it seemed he was too late.

The guy he had just seen had pushed Taemin against the brick-wall of the school, holding him there with his left arm. His right arm was in midair, only centimeters away from the maknaes face.

 

Knock it off!” Onew yelled and hit the guys shoulder. “Let go of him now!”

The guy twitched in surprise and actually let go of Taemin who dropped to the floor, covering his face with his hands.

 

Just who do you think you are!?” he stepped in front of Taemin, shielding him from the other guys.

None of your business, wannabe hero.” the guy snapped and glared at him. “Who are you.”

I'm SHINee's leader.” Onew snapped, glaring back.
“Oh. So you're the leader of that -band?” he sighed and a devilish smiled curled around his ugly lips – he seemed to enjoy the fact that he just insulted SHINee.

Shut the hell up.” Onew said calmly – he wasn't going to play that guys game.

I'm sorry you have to put up with this.” and he pointed at Taemin – he had started shaking badly and was still covering his face. “He's pathetic, isn't he. Some pseudo dancer even though he can't move properly.”
“Listen up, you ,” Onew said and looked into his eyes, “if you keep on with this ridiculous bullying I'll make sure that the police hears about this. Not to mention your teachers and, of course, your parents. And if they won't do anything … I'll personally come and get you to jail, is that clear.”

 

The guy grinned again and nodded obediently. “Sure, sure. If that's what the great leader says then I'll leave. I've got better things to do than wasting my time with this piece of junk. Let's go guys.”

And they took off, chuckling and praising the guy Onew had talked to. One of them kicked Taemins books once again, breaking one of them.

 

Taemin-ah.” Onew said quietly and bowed down next to him, putting an arm around the maknaes shaking shoulders. “They're gone, Taemin-ah, it's fine. Don't cry.”

The maknae sobbed and looked up, his right hand still on his mouth and nose. Blood was trickling out of the spaces between his fingers. Tears were running down his cheeks.

Wait a second.” Onew mumbled and looked through his pockets – he found a handkerchief and gave it to the maknae, trying to stay calm.
So that guy had actually hit him when the two fat guys had covered his sight …

 

Thanks, hyung.” Taemin mumbled and pressed it on his mouth and nose. It didn't take long until it was soaked with blood.

Onew wanted nothing more than to go and beat the crap out of this guy, but he knew it wouldn't be a good idea. It would increase the bullying on Taemin. Still, this had to stop.

 

And one thing was for sure, Taemin, Key and he would have the talk about that bullying today, not tomorrow.