Love Reality

Love Reality

In the end Onew was convinced by Key and agreed to take Taemin to the place he had picked out.

They agreed on discussing that bullying thing as soon as they got back, which would be around ten pm.

So he and Taemin had about five hours to spend together.

 

Onew was driving them there, neither he nor Taemin knew where they were going to.

The maknae was sitting on the spot next to him, obviously excited – but also shy and cute at the same time. Taemin had been quite relieved when he heard that he wouldn't have to spend the evening at the dorm – everyone knew how much he loved going out in the evening. Though when the SHINee-members once went to a club Taemin had gotten quite drunk and they ended up dragging him home where he started throwing up all of the alcohol he had drunk.

After that Key had forbidden Taemin to drink alcohol, he was still underage after all.

 

You excited, Taemin-ah?” Onew asked when he looked at the map on his phone again. “Guess we're almost there.”

Taemin nodded wildly and watched Seoul pass them by outside. “Neh, I'm excited!” he breathed on the cold car window, causing it to mist up. He started drawing circles with it. “This is our first date, isn't it?”

Sure is.” Onew replied and nodded while driving their way through the crowded streets. “We went out before though … just not like a couple.”

We're a couple?”

Onew gulped and felt himself blushing when he realized what he had just said. They never said they were a couple … He planned on asking him soon but …

I-I'm sorry.” he quickly said and focused on the street more than ever so he wouldn't have to look at the maknae. “I guess I drifted off a bit ...”

Neh, it's fine.” he muttered with a chuckle and smiled brightly.
Seriously, did that smile ever vanish?

 

I love Key Umma.”

Yeah, me too.”

They didn't believe their eyes when they arrived at the place Key had sent them off to. It was a Planetarium, a completely new-built one.

There was a restaurant at the top, with walls made out of glass.

Underneath seemed to be the section where the shows took place, it was round, just like a big egg.

And at the bottom there seemed to be a tiny museum for modern music.

In front of this monstrous building there was a great fountain where the water was spilling in several directions, guided by multicolored lights.

 

This must be brand new, I haven't heard of it yet ...” Onew mumbled and scanned the crowded place – there must have been hundreds of people here, they were all standing lined up in a cue.

Hyung, it's so crowded.” Taemin mumbled and put on his hood. “How are we going to get in?”

Key gave me something ...” he mumbled in return, also putting on his hood. “He said we'd get in with this.” he showed him a piece of paper, there were two numbers and a barcode printed on it.

Taemin clung to his arm, taking his hand into his own.

Keep your head down, okay?” Onew whispered as they started making their way to the entrance, completely ignoring the cue next to them. “We shouldn't be recognized.” the maknae nodded and looked at the ground.

 

There was this big guy at the entrance, he wore sunglasses and a black suit. He was obviously the one who was guiding the building, like the guys who stay in front of a club, checking the ones who went inside.

Onew handed him the paper. Without saying a word he grabbed it, took out a small portable computer and scanned the barcode with it.

Lee Taemin and Lee Jinki.” he said after a few seconds, not taking his eyes off of the screen. “That correct?”

Yes.” Onew said and twitched slightly when he heard someone behind them repeating their names quickly, sounding quite excited all of a sudden. “I'm Lee Jinki.” he added in a whisper.

Neh, I'm Lee Taemin.” the maknae said, also keeping his voice low.

Your names sound … oddly familiar.” the guy said and actually ripped his eyes off of the computer. “Aren't you from a band … SHINee or something like that?”

The voices behind them rose a bit, making both of them feel quite uncomfortable. They didn't want anyone to recognize them – it would definitely be the end of their first date.

Would you keep it down, please?” he whispered to the guy, leaning forward. “We just wanna spend a nice evening here – without cameras or fans.”

The man shrugged and nodded carelessly. “Sure, sorry. Just curious. Here, you need these if you want to buy something.” he gave both of them a plastic card. “When you leave your cards will be checked and the money will be taken from your bank account. Have a nice evening.”

He stepped aside and let them pass, allowing them to leave the whispering crowd behind.

 

Taemin took a close look around the entrance hall and clung to his plastic card and Onews hand.

The museum wasn't that small after all – it started right in front of them, there was even a coat check.

 

The museum was quite amazing. There were big screens everywhere, showing the newest Music Videos, everything was covered with pictures of the modern stars of Korea, and there was music coming out of every corner of the room.

Onew and Taemin smiled at each other uneasily when they actually found a section about SHINee only.

 

They looked through it closely, reading the profiles of them and looking at the pictures and the TV-screen on the wall. It was playing their Music Video of 'Juliette'.

Hyung, look at this.” Taemin said and pointed at a picture of himself. “I look horrible.” he giggled and turned away from it, covering his face with his hands.

It was a picture from their first Concert in Tokyo, he was wearing that odd, black cloak on it.

No, you don't.” Onew said and tilted his head a bit to examine the picture better. “I think you look just fine.”

Yah, don't lie hyung.” the maknae said and pushed him a bit. “It's horrible.”

That coat is just-”

Ugly.”

-extraordinary. But like I said, the rest of you looks fine.”

 

They didn't spend much time in their section because they still wanted to avoid being recognized.

 

Walking around they found pictures of their colleagues and friends and also of bands they were fans of. Just when it seemed to be the most comfortable they realized they had spent way too much time in there – they would probably not be able to visit a show anymore … Especially not when Taemin stated that he was about to starve.

Yah, you never stop eating, do you?” Onew said as they made their way to the elevator on the other side of the exhibition. “And still you're so skinny … Do you know how many girls would kill to be as thin as you are?”

Taemin stuck his tongue out. “Merong, hyung. I dance a lot. Of course I'm thin.”

You're not thin. You're skinny.” the leader chuckled as they entered the glass elevator.
“Hm.” the maknae pouted and crossed his arms in front of his chest. “Manager-sshi forbade me to eat sweets. He said he didn't want me to get fat.”

Onew smiled at him and stretched his arms out, inviting him to a hug. Taemin giggled and let the leader embrace him – it was just then that the elevator started moving upwards. Looked like it only went up and down all the time, they didn't even have to press a button or something like that.


Watching through the transparent walls they could easily see a lot of Seoul at night.

It looks so pretty.” Taemin said and leaned against Onews chest. Sighing softly he added: “I wish we could stay a bit longer. I wanna see the Planetarium as well ...”

Chuckling Onew kissed the top of his head and said: “We can come back as soon as we get ourselves some free time. How does that sound?”

Taemin nodded and looked up again. His cheeks were bright red and an even brighter smile replaced the one from before. “Promise?” he asked.

Promise.”

Pinky promise?” Taemin pulled his right hand out of the hug, offering him his little finger.

Neh.” Onew said and chuckled, causing the maknaes face to light up even more. “Pinky promise.” they hooked their fingers and looked at each other for what seemed like an eternity.

The maknaes eyes were gleaming brightly, the smile on his lips only lighted everything up even more. And Onew was just watching him, wondering about what the boy was thinking right now.


Without really noticing they got closer and closer, sparks tensing the air around them.

He was quite sure that this would turn out to be their first kiss … but it didn't look like the world wanted it to be like that.

 

When their lips were only centimeters away from each other the elevator stopped and the doors opened, causing Taemin to turn away from the leader and smile brightly when he saw the restaurant in front of them.

Onew was quite disappointed but … maybe it wasn't the right time for them to kiss yet.

 

Greeted by a Butler they were brought to a table right in front of one of the giant glass walls – they had a great view over the city now.

They order something to and to eat and talked while they waited.

 

Neh, you never dated before, hyung?” the maknae asked in disbelief and took a sip of his tea.

I've never been in love with someone so … there was no need for dating.”

...you sure? I don't believe no-one wanted to date you. I bet there were tons of girls who would've loved to go out with you.”

If there were I never noticed … No-one asked me out.”

Taemin put his cup down, reached over the table and grabbed Onews hands. “So this is your first date, huh ...” he mumbled and intertwined his fingers with the leaders.
“Did you date anyone yet, Taemin-ah?” Onew asked, receiving a no as answer.

I auditioned when I was twelve, hyung. And after that I spent all of my time with training … there was no time for dating.”

Onew laughed softly and nodded slightly. “Same here.” he said and watched how Taemin examined their hands. “We sound a bit pathetic though, don't you think?”

Neh, but just a bit.”

The first date with the first person one really adores …”

Aww, I like that thought!” Taemin giggled. “And we're taking each others date-ity just like that ...”


Onew twitched at the word 'ity' and felt his face heat up – he struggled to get a hold of himself immediately though.

What the hell did he just think about …!?

Taemin obviously noticed and chuckled, asking: “Neh, what did you just think about?”

I-I … nothing in particular.” he asked, stuttering a bit. The maknae smirked at him and nodded sarcastically. Onew got the feeling that he knew exactly what had just crossed his mind. He carefully let go of the maknaes hands, pretending that he wanted to pour in some more to drink.

It was an awkward situation now and Onew cursed his brain for thinking about … things that didn't belong here now.

 

We should get something for Key Umma.” Taemin said after a while. “It was a great idea of him.”

Yeah, you're right.” the leader replied, happy that the silence was finally broken. “There's this gift shop down at the entrance. We could get something for him there … He wanted to re-decorate the dorm a bit, didn't he?”

Neh, maybe they have some better fairy lights.” Taemin agreed and nodded wildly. “The ones we have right now are just plain ugly … But he won't remove them.”

They started laughing for no special reason and grabbed each others hands once more. Onew was running his fingertips over Taemins smooth hands and felt quite happy as he did.

Even though he longed for much more than holding hands only he wouldn't rush it. He wanted this relationship to be perfect for the both of them. And as long as Taemin didn't seem to be ready for any more he wouldn't move on.

One thing was for sure – he wouldn't do anything Taemin didn't want.


When he was actually starting to enjoy holding his hands even more they heard someone clearing their throat next to him and they let go of each others hands in an instant.

Turning to the side they realized that it had only been the Butler, bringing their food. Eying them madly the Butler put down their plates and left as soon as possible.

Taemin didn't notice the weird looks he had given them and Onew was relieved he didn't.

Gay people weren't quite welcome in Korea, he was aware of that.
Taking a look around he saw some other people watching them oddly and decided to ignore them as good as possible, hoping that Taemin wouldn't notice them.

 

This wasn't about other peoples opinion after all.

This was only about him and Taemin.

 

Onew chuckled when he realized that he ended up sharing so much of his food with Taemin that there was hardly anything left for himself. And still, Taemin would keep on eating if he could. Though when he realized how much he had eaten he apologized with a flushed face and offered him to take the rest of his own food – but Onew denied him with a smile. He wasn't hungry anyway.


“Taemin-ah,” he said and looked up from his watch, “if you want then we can go and check out the place where the shows are taking place at. We still got some time.”

Taemins eyes widened and a smile cracked on his face. “Really?” he said happily. “Neh, yes please! Let's go!” he put his knife and fork down, obviously not hungry all of a sudden and rose his hand to drag the Butlers attention.

He walked over slowly, putting on a pokerface as he asked Onew how he could help them. Onew handed him their plastic cards and said that they'd like to pay, making Butler wandering off again.

 

He seems to be in a bad mood ...” Taemin whispered. “Do you think he dropped something?”

The leader chuckled badly and face palmed himself gently. Even if Taemin didn't like being called innocent, it fitted him in so many ways.

Who knows.” he replied and watched Taemin examining the Butler thoroughly. It took him only a few moments to come back and return the card to him. He showed them out and they made their way down to the showroom.

 

Looking at his watch again Onew realized that it was already nine pm … they could only spend half an hour on this floor – they had to head back to the car and get back home then.

Taemin was holding his hand tightly again, walking directly next to him and throwing astonished glances around the big floor in front of them.

It was a huge floor which was completely covered in deep blue light. There were star-shaped lights on the wall, models of the different planets and texts about the universe and the solar system.

On the wall right at the entrance to the showroom there was a tiny waterfall, causing the light that was thrown on it to shimmer across the room.

 

At the end of the floor there was this huge door, obviously the entrance, and right next to it there was a schedule. Crossing the room Onew and Taemin took a look at it – a smile curled around the leaders lips when he saw something interesting.

Look, Taemin-ah.” he pointed at the schedule. “There's a show starting in about ten minutes … and it's only taking up twenty minutes … We can watch it, if you want.”

Taemin turned to him and narrowed his eyebrows a bit – he couldn't hold back a smile though. “But Key Umma said we have to be back at ten pm … we'd be running late.”
“Yeah, but only for about ten minutes.”

The blonde boy pouted and actually seemed to think about whether this was a good idea or not.

Onew felt like a bad boy now. When he was Taemins age he would've said 'yes' immediately – but his mother hadn't been as strict as Key.

Well, I guess ten minutes won't harm anyone ...” Taemin mumbled after a few seconds and nodded at Onew. “Let's watch it, hyung.”

To their surprise there weren't any people in the room when the show was about to start. They were all alone in the huge room. It was a wide and very big with a huge screen which covered the whole ceiling.

Spotlights were running light in different colors across the room when slow music started playing all of a sudden.

Taemin and Onew sat down in the middle of the room and looked at the ceiling, waiting for something to happen.

The maknae reached out for Onews hands again and moved in closer when the music got louder and louder.

There was some kind of movie starting on the ceiling, showing different planets and star while the spotlights around them threw shapes of stars on the walls. The main light source was turned off so the only came directly from the ceiling or the spotlights, turning everything into a blue, dark room.

 

We seriously need to get something for Key.” Onew mumbled as he watched the cinematic above him.

Neh.” Taemin whispered and leaned his head on the leaders shoulder. “It's beautiful.”

There was a tiny, blue spot appearing on the outer side of the screen, forming a circle – Onew felt kind of smart when he knew what it was supposed to be. “Do you know which planet that is, Taemin-ah?” he asked and pointed upwards.

Uhm ...” he muttered something and tilted his head a bit while the planet was zoomed in a bit. “I've seen it before in school but … I don't really remember.”

It's Pluto.” he told him. “If I recall it correctly it's not part of our solar system anymore ...”

Why not?”
“It was too small.”

Yah, that's mean!”

Onew laughed out loud and rested his head on Taemins blonde hair, enjoying the warmth he got from the boy next to him. “You're sweet, Taemin-ah.” he said as he watched how Pluto was zoomed out and another one was forming before their eyes.

Oh, I know that one!” Taemin said in excitement and pointed at it. “That's Venus! Isn't it!”

Yeah, I think it is.”

Is it bigger than the earth?”

Uhm …” he thought for a second and watched how the Venus above them was being analyzed. Sadly it didn't say anything about that. “I don't have a clue to be honest. Maybe. Why do you ask?”

Well our planet is so big already. Realizing that there are many other that are so much greater … it's scary somehow, don't you think?”

 

Onew removed his head from Taemins and watched him carefully. Taemin turned his head to him and giggled shyly when he saw the kind of serious look on the leaders face. “What is it?” he asked quietly. “Did I say something wrong?”

He shook his head and said: “I was just wondering about where you got that from all of a sudden. You usually don't talk like that.”

I don't?”

No, you usually don't talk about stuff like that, and you don't talk back if someone proves you're wrong … Usually you're so quiet.”

Please don't say that, Onew hyung.” Taemin whispered and leaned back onto him, crawling a bit closer. “I don't wanna hear that.”

Onew put a hand on his head and ruffled the blonde hair gently – he guessed why Taemin didn't want to hear that one sentence.

 

Why, you so feisty today, Taeminnie. Did you drink some potion or what happened? You usually don't talk back like that.”

 

The words of that guy echoed through his head, making him sigh. He didn't really want to know what that guy had put Taemin through all of this time.

Key once had to pick Taemin up from school, he had tripped and sprained his ankle badly – it suddenly seemed like bullying. What if they had pushed him so he'd fall?

 

Taemin-ah.” he whispered and looked at the ceiling again. “Are you nervous?”

He nodded again. “Neh, but hyung, I don't want to talk about this now.” Onew felt Taemins hand crawling back into his own, and intertwined his fingers with his.

I don't want this mood to be ruined. Let's talk about ...” he stopped for a while and kept on following the move above him. Onew checked his watch without dragging his attention – they still had a few minutes left.


What a shame … if it was up to him this evening could easily last for a few more hours.

 

Talk about what?” he asked when the maknae didn't continue. Taemin waited another few seconds before finally answering: “Let's talk about us.”

Onew smiled slightly and watched how Taemin pulled his thin legs close to his body. The maknae put his free hand on his knee and started drawing little circles on it.

You said something about us being a couple earlier ...”

Onew nodded slightly.

Did you really mean it?”

Well, to be honest … Taemin-ah, I … No, wait. Let me start over again!”

Taemin chuckled. “You almost caused Onew Condition, hyung.” he mumbled.

Almost.” the leader corrected and pushed him gently. “I'm getting better at this. No Onew Condition lately.”

The maknae giggled and answered: “True. But go on ...”

 

Onew took a deep breath before saying: “I love you, Taemin-ah. I really, really do. And believe me, I will ask you to become my partner … I just thought you might not be ready yet.”

 

Taemin smiled against his shoulder and raised his head so he could look him in the eyes. “Hyung, if you want to ask me, then do it. You'll never know whether I was ready if you don't ask.” pushing himself up a bit he leaned in close and kissed Onews cheek, causing him to blush deeply.

 

Both of them seemed to have forgotten about the movie above them. Still the dimmed, blue light made the maknaes eyes sparkle brightly, turning him from cute to some kind of y and beautiful at the same time.

It was hard to explain how Onew felt at the moment.

Taemin watched him with a slight smile on his lips, waiting for him to say something.

You'll never know whether I was ready if you don't ask.”

That sentence repeated itself in his head, making it impossible for him to think properly.

To him it sounded like Taemin wanted to be with him, but what if he misunderstood …?

 

Though then, suddenly, there was hot breath on his face, closer than ever.

Onew pulled himself out of his thoughts, focusing on what was happening in front of him.

Taemin had moved in closer than before, his face only centimeters away from his, the smile had vanished and was replaced by a seductive curl on his lips.

 

Onews mind went blank when his senses finally took over.

He leaned forward and kissed him gently, feeling how Taemin smiled into their kiss.

Numbness spread through his body as his heart sped up badly, leaving him with the greatest of all feelings.

Wasn't this all he had wished for?

 

Without actually noticing he pulled Taemin into his arms, wrapping his strong arms around the slender boy and deepening the kiss a bit.

Taemin put his arms on his shoulders and neck, leaning onto him with all of his weight.

Onew felt himself longing for more again … but it had to wait. He wouldn't let his desire take over him like that.


When they were completely sunken into each other the music suddenly stopped playing and the light was turned back on, the show was over.

They broke their kiss, looking around the lit room. An auto tuned voice was announcing that they were grateful for the audience to watch their show, asked them to pay with their cards and leave as soon as they were done.

 

Taemins cheeks were flushed deeply and he started giggling as soon as the voice had vanished.

I'm happy, hyung.” he whispered and pulled his hands away from the leaders neck. Onews senses tingled at the soft touch.

Yeah, me too.” Onew agreed and loosened his grip on Taemin slightly – he didn't want to let go though.

But … you're forgetting something, hyung ...”

What is it?”

You still didn't ask me yet ...”

He laughed out loud and couldn't resist but to pull him close again and kiss the top of his head again.

Taemin-ah,” he breathed into the good smelling, blonde hair, “do you want to be my boyfriend?”

Taemin literally squealed like a girl and threw himself into Onews arms again, causing both of them to drop down on the floor. He was lying on top of Onews chest now, leaning in to kiss him a second time.

The leader grabbed Taemin by the hair gently and pulled him closer, enjoying the closeness all over again.

 

They parted after what seemed like seconds, both panting and gasping for breath.

Taemin had tears in his eyes, but there was also a gorgeous smile across his face.

It seemed to become even wider when he nodded hastily and said:

“Yes, I do!”