Love Reality

Love Reality

They reached the dorm just in time. Taemin ran off to the bathroom immediately, shutting the door behind him. Key laughed loudly when he saw him running like that.
“Such a big mouth while being drunk ...” he said and grinned at the others. “He's gonna have a terrible headache tomorrow.”
“You guys are mean.” Onew muttered and stuck his tongue out at them. “I'll go and help him out.”
“And I'll go to bed.” Minho mumbled and headed for their bedroom.
“Yah, brush your teeth first!” Key demanded angrily and pouted at him accusingly.
“Bathroom is occupied.” the rapper insisted and shut the bedroom door behind him with a thud.

Onew chuckled at Keys expression and went to the bathroom – he could hear Taemin panting badly and knocked softly before pushing the door open. The maknae was kneeling on the floor, clasping to the sink above of him. Onew avoided looking inside of it and tried to ignore the rather bad smell that was coming from it.

“Better now?” he asked and sat down next to his boyfriend while patting his back gently. Taemin looked up at him and shot him a death glare, sweat pouring down his forehead.
“Don't give me that look!” he said quickly and grinned at the maknae. “You were the one who drank it!”
“You're my boyfriend, you should've stopped me ...” he pouted angrily.
“Sorry, Taemin-ah.” he ruffled his hair and got back to his feet. “At least you're feeling-” he stopped talking when Taemin became paler all of a sudden. “You okay?” but before he could answer the maknae jumped to his feet, pushed him aside and threw up all over again.
Onew grimaced – as much as he loved Taemin, this was just plain awkward. Still, instead of leaving he went next to him and held the hair out of his face so it would not get dirty.
They remained in that position for a few moments, Taemin was still clasping to the sink and spitting from time to time. Onew sighed deeply and kept on holding the blonde hair for him. He waited for Taemin to calm down again.

Then, after a few minutes had passed, he felt Taemin grabbing his hands. He straightened himself and sniffed a bit. “Thanks, hyung.” he said quietly and turned to face him. “For … holding my hair, I mean ...”
Onew smiled at him and shrugged in a friendly way before saying: “You're welcome, Taeminnie.”

________________________________________________________________________________

It was a lucky thing that the shops were open on Sundays, they still had to buy a couple of fitting clothes for their vacation. So in the end they decided on going to one of the biggest malls in Seoul.
Onew had been convinced by Jonghyun that they should go together – he had named a whole lot of reasons but the main reason was definitely because he didn't want to go shopping with Key on his own. Key could be quite a nag when it came to shopping – he never seemed to be satisfied. So they went together to that sports-shop on one of the upper floors. Even though they were recognized by a couple of people they didn't even bother to hide their faces, the fans didn't do anything but staring at them anyway.
Onew and Taemin weren't walking next to each other now – Taemin was with Key and Onew with Minho, trying hard not to look at each other too often. They had to do what the manager had said …
I don't care as long as no-one finds out about it!” these words forced them to pretend they were just friends, at least in public. Though Taemin pulled it off great, he was laughing and smiling continously, like nothing was bothering him. He appeared to be the cute little maknae he had always been.

When they reached their destination they found themselves in front of a two-storey shop, completely filled with sports-clothes.
“I'm sure we'll find something here.” Onew said and threw a quick glance at Taemin, just in order to see his gleaming eyes – he got like that everytime they visited a big shop like this one.
“Yeah … we will. Not sure if Key will, though.” Jonghyun earned himself a slap from Key by saying that.”
“Shut up, you ...” he cursed something and giggled when Jonghyun stared at him in confusion.
“You did not just say that!” he yelled, pointing at him with a sudden and cocky laughter. “Did you hear what he just said!?”
“Yah, no they didn't!” Key yelled back and pushed him into the store, blushing a bit.
“I didn't hear it.” Minho said with a confused look at Taemin who only shook his head as if to say: “You don't wanna hear that.

________________________________________________________________________________

Even though they had decided on going together they ended up splitting up into two teams – Key, Onew and Taemin were together while Jonghyun and Minho were together. Key dragged them to the second floor immediately, not spending any time on the other cool things around them – he wanted to get this over with fast so he'd have enough time to pack his bag at home.
While he was looking through some jackets Taemin and Onew went off to a section close to Key in order to have some time for themselves.

They pretended to look through some coats but where talking to each other quietly.

“This is awkward, hyung.” Taemin whispered and threw a side glance at him. “I don't like pretending we're not together.”

“Believe me, I don't like it either.” Onew whispered back. He pretended to grab the clothes hanger next to Taemin but his hand instead before actually grabbing it. Taemin smiled and pulled their intertwined hands down into the many jackets so it wouldn't be seen by anyone around.
 

“I swear, if I could I'd kiss you right now.” he whispered and earned a bright blush from the slightly embarrassed maknae. “Hyung, don't say that … What if someone hears you?” he said and gave him that gorgeous smile once more.

“I don't really care but … you're right. Sorry.”

“Don't be sorry, I'm fine with what you said.” Taemin squeezed his hand. “Hey, what do you think about this jacket?” he pulled his hand away and grabbed a black and white colored one from the clothes hanger on his right side.
 

“Uhm … depends. You wanna wear it yourself or do you want me to wear it?”

“Silly hyung.” he stuck his tongue out at him. “Merong, I wanna wear it.”

“Well then I don't like it.”

“What? Why not?”

“It doesn't fit you … it'd fit Minho or Jonghyun though.” Taemin put it away and started looking through the clothes again. “Well, what do you think would fit me, then?” Onew narrowed his eyebrows a bit and helped him looking through everything. He stopped at one particular jacket, grinned and took it out, showing it to the maknae.
 

“This one's perfect.” he held it against Taemins chest, obviously satisfied with that.
 

“Neh … are you sure?” Taemin eyed the jacket nervously, not sure whether he should like it or not.
 

“Yes, I'm sure.” it was a perfect one for him. It was mostly white but covered with yellow circles everywhere, a few little pockets on the sides and at the shoulders made it look ten times cuter. It also had a large hood.

“But it's yellow.” Taemin complained quietly, pouting at his boyfriend.
“So what? You like yellow.” the maknae opened his mouth in order to argue to that but closed it when he didn't really know how to answer to that – he liked yellow, Onew was right.
Onew chuckled and was about to lean in on him when he remember that he wasn't allowed to do so.

“So you want it?”

“If you say it fits me …”

“I won't let you buy something you don't like.” it was just then that Key squealed behind them and came rushing over, staring at the jacket Onew was holding in shier enthusiasm.
“That jacket is gorgeous!” he said loudly and put the couple of sweaters he had been holding aside in an instant. “Taemin-ah, this would fit you perfectly!” he looked him up and down, a bright smile spread across his face. “You should definitely buy it!”

“Uhm … I …” Taemin started saying but was cut off by Key who grabbed him and dragged him to the changing cabins.
 

“Try it on!” he demanded laughing and watched happily as the maknae took off his own coat, trying the newer one on. He looked kind of surprised when he said: “I-It really kind of fits me …”

“Well, it's your stage color, after all.” Onew said and couldn't help but adore him – he was so excited about seeing Taemin skiing, but now that he knew which jacket he was apparently going to wear he was even getting more excited because he looked so cute.
 

“Will you buy it?” Key asked, clapping his hands together as Taemin nodded and said: “Neh, it's nice.” he was smiling slightly, but that vanished as soon as he looked at the price-tag. “I can't pay for it … it's way too expensive …”

“Let me see.”Onew said and grabbed the tiny piece of paper at the bottom of the jacket. He chuckled. “Taemin-ah, this isn't expensive. It's a normal prize for clothes – even a bit cheaper.”

“That doesn't change the fact that I can't pay for it.”

“I'll buy it for you then.” Taemins jaw dropped when Onew said that. He stared at him in disbelief and grabbed his underarm and shook him softly, : “Yah, no you won't. You won't buy this for me.”
 

“But I want to.”
 

“Yah, you don't!”

“Onew hyung …” Key said and put a hand on his shoulder, causing the leader to tilt his head and look over at the singer. “I know you want to buy it for Taemin-ah but … it might be better if the two of us shared the prize. Might be better so that definitely no-one will find out about … well …” he glanced at both of them knowingly and Onew sighed when he got what he meant – clothes weren't that cheap, it might look strange to the public if he'd just buy something like that for the maknae of his band. There might not have been many paparazzi around, but he could never know where they were waiting for them – some might even be sitting inside of one of the changing cabins, listening to their conversation.

“But I don't want you to pay for me …” Taemin mumbled and pouted at them.
 

“Yah, you need those clothes, so it's necessary. I'm your Umma, for goodness sake! Let me buy you clothes!”

________________________________________________________________________________


Buying a jacket, trousers, a helmet and a pair of ski glasses along with a pair of gloves for everyone they left the shop, finally fully appareled with the right pair of clothes.
Onew had bought a simple black jacket and fitting trousers while Key had gotten himself a white one with a nice pair of orange glasses – he seemed quite satisfied with his own outfit.
It didn't take Jonghyun and Minho long to join them in front of the shop, also carrying shopping bags.

“Got everything” Key asked and eyed them in disbelief as he watched the plastic bags as they nodded. “You sure?” he nagged an tried to take a peak inside of the bag but both of them hid them behind their backs instinctively.
 

“We're sure.” Jonghyun said and winked at him.
 

“Well if you forgot something then you have to get it there – not my problem and not my money going to waste.”

Key's diva-like side was shining again – brightly and powerful. Despite his mother-like side he was usually just an almighty diva and the key to almost anything they didn't know what to do with.

“Hyung?” Taemin grabbed Onew by the wrist when they were on their way back to the car. “Look.” he made the leader stop and pointed at a building on the opposite of the street. It was a cinema.
“What about it?” Onew asked and removed his arm carefully in order not to drag any attention of the people around them – some were slowing down, staring at them and probably recognizing them as idol-group SHINee.

“It's a cinema.” Taemin replied dryly and his eyes started gleaming once more.

“So?”

“Let's watch a movie.”

“Now?”

“Neh!” suddenly a shining smile appeared on his face and he grabbed his wrist one more time. “Please, hyung! I haven't been to a cinema in ages!”

“B-But Taemin-ah-”

“Hey, why are you so slow!?” Jonghyun yelled from ahead of them, he and the others had already gotten to the escalator and Key and Minho were disappearing from their sight by now. “Come on, we still have some packing to do!” he gestured for them to follow him.
Taemin put on his puppy dog eyes and pouted at Onew – but the leader wouldn't give in to his aegyo this time. Jonghyun was right, there was still a lot they had to prepare because of their departure the next morning.

“I'm sorry, Taemin-ah.” he said and smiled at him softly. “But Jonghyun's right. There's no time.”
 

“Neh, there is!” Taemin insisted. “Admit it, you just don't wanna watch a movie.” he chuckled and closed his eyes for a second, Taemin might be cute but could be like a kid sometimes.

“You're so childish, Taeminnie.” the leader said and patted his boyfriends head. “I promise we'll go to the cinema next time, okay?”
Taemin seemed to think about that for a while but agreed at last, giving him some kind of evil glare. Jonghyun was already getting slightly impatient and sighed in relief when the couple finally ran over and caught up to him.

________________________________________________________________________________


Taemin was crawling on the floor, reaching underneath his bed and pulled out a pair of socks. Without folding them he threw them into his suitcase and kept on crawling around to find some more hidden clothes.

“So untidy.” Onew said as he watched him. He was sitting on the maknaes bed, his legs crossed. “You should start tidying your room, Taemin-ah.”

“Neh, Neh, I know.” he admitted and pulled a sweater from underneath his bed as well. “I'll clean up as soon as we get back.”

“No you won't. You never do.”

“Well this time I will. You'll see.” Onew laughed and shook his head in amusement. He got up to his feet and grabbed some things from the suitcase. “You have to fold these, otherwise you won't be able to shut your suitcase.”

“I can't fold clothes …” Taemin admitted quietly and looked up at him. “Key Umma wanted to teach me but I didn't to so he never did.”

“Let me help you then.” Onew grabbed the case and turned it upside down, causing everything to drop to the floor and started picking and folding them up one by one.
“Thanks, Onew hyung.” Taemin said and got up to him. “Why are you so good at everything?”
Onew chuckled and put down the sweater he had folded. He felt two arms wrap around his stomach and held his breath when he realized that Taemin was back-hugging him and was surprised when Taemin got on his tiptoes in order to put his head on his shoulder.

“I love you, Onew hyung.” he mumbled and kissed the crook of his neck. Onew shivered at the soft touch and dropped the clothes he had been holding. Taemin giggled and he felt how he was breathed on. “Clumsy hyung.” the maknae mumbled and huddled his nose against his neck. “Whatever you do, it's Onew Condition.”

“Taemin-ah.” Onew whispered and reached back to his cheek.

“Neh?”

“You can be so seductive, you know that?”
The maknae grinned at him and Onew literally felt Taemins cheeks heat up against his skin. “That might come in handy some day.”
The leader gasped a bit when he realized that Taemin had just talked in some kind of dirty way and said: “Yah, Taemin-ah! What's that supposed to mean!” he smirked at him brightly nevertheless. “I didn't know your mind worked like that! You're not that innocent after all, huh?”

Taemin kissed him on the cheek this time and let go of him slowly, his shoulder before letting go of him completely. “I never said I was innocent.” he said. “But I swear, you're my first relationship ever.”

“I know.” Onew said, turned around and pulled him into a tight hug. “Are you excited for our vacation?”

“Neh. I wanna learn how to ski. And you'll teach me, right?”

“Sure. Still, Key can't ski as well … But I'm confident that Jonghyun will want to teach him.”

“Hyung.”

“Hm?”

“Do we have to pretend we're not together when we're in Austria?”
Onews grip on Taemins shoulders and waist tightened a bit and he sighed quietly. The maknae seemed to notice and Onew felt him going limb in his arms. Holding him up he said: “We can do all sorts of couple things there, Taemin-ah. I doubt that there will be publicity, we're not that well-known in Europe. We just have to keep it to a minimum when other people are around …”
Taemin didn't do anything to that but only clung to him a bit more.

“Taemin-ah?” Onew whispered and tried to look at his face – but the maknae wouldn't look up at him now. “Hey, are you okay?” he didn't receive an answer, instead, Taemins hands started trembling, followed by his shoulders.
“Taemin-ah … don't cry, it's okay.” but Taemin kept his face pressed against his hyungs chest and Onew felt his shirt getting wet a bit. He pushed the maknae away from him gently, holding him in front of him, hoping that he'd be able to see his face – but he kept his face directed at the floor.

Onew bowed down and tried to look at him from the floor but Taemin wouldn't let him, he tilted his head more and more, making it impossible for him to see his face properly.

“Taemin-ah, what's wrong?” Onew asked quietly and rose again, grabbing his shoulder softy. Of course he knew why Taemin was crying, he wasn't completely stupid. “Don't cry …”

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and Minho walked in, looking through a catalog he was holding. “Key asked me to come and check whether you've finished packing.” he said and leaned against the door-frame, not looking up from his catalog.

“We're almost done.” Onew replied without taking his eyes off of his crying boyfriend – he didn't notice the concern in his voice until Minho looked up and asked: “Hey, what's going on?”
Taemin shivered and took in a sharp breath. Onew narrowed his eyebrows and grabbed the maknaes face, trying to lift it, but Taemin kept on resisting. “Taemin-ah … look at me.” he begged quietly and ignored Minho completely. “Please, look at me.” but Taemin shook his head, tears hit the floor as he did.

“Hyung, what happened?” Minho whispered into the leaders ear quietly so that Taemin wouldn't hear it.
“Don't know.” Onew lied and stared at the maknae – he didn't really know what to do. “Taemin-ah, talk to me.” he mumbled and his neck gently.
Taemin sobbed took another shark breath before actually saying something. “I want us to be official.”
That surprised both of them a bit. Minho raised an eyebrow at Onew who only gave away a confused look.

“But …” Onew whispered and couldn't hold back a slightly confused chuckle. “We are official, Taemin-ah … We are a couple, aren't we?”

“Neh, but … I want others to know, too.” he wiped his tears away with the back of his hand and finally looked up, staring directly at his hyungs in front of him – his gaze was directed to Onew though. “I don't like staying quiet about something important …” his eyes were swollen, his face was flushed and some strains of his hair were wet and stuck to his face – he showed no intention of brushing them aside though.
Onew sighed and felt how uncomfortable he was getting now – what was he supposed to do about this?

________________________________________________________________________________


It was past midnight and he was still up.
Everyone was already asleep, dreaming until the alarm would ring so that they could finally head off to Europe.

Taemin was sleeping in Onews arms, his head rested on his in the crook of his arm and his thin hands and arms were resting on, both, his chest and stomach.
Onew had his arms placed on the maknaes waist and tried to comfort him as good as possible. He had cried so much before finally falling asleep … He understood Taemins desire to make their relationship public, he wanted that to no end as well, but he could also understand why they couldn't afford that at the moment.


No matter how much he hated their manager they had to stick to him because the lead of their label wanted them to. And if they denied that … well, it'd be the end of SHINee.

Onew breathed in deeply and looked to the side, glancing at the sleeping maknae – he looked so carefree when he was so asleep, so peaceful and fragile.
Innocent when he was awake, carefree while sleeping and incredibly unbearable to watch while crying. It was impossible to dislike him. He could so many things at the same time.

Beautiful, pretty, seductive, innocent, irresistible, funny, …

He was everything anyone could ever wish for.

How come some people didn't see that …?

________________________________________________________________________________