Love Reality

Love Reality

“Wake up!” someone was shaking him roughly, yelling directly into his ear.

“Wake the hell up! We're going on vacation!” his eyes fluttered open slowly and the sight of Keys blonde hair blurred into focus above of him.

“Neh, that's better! Now, get up! I already prepared breakfast.” Onew nodded sleepily, turning his head to the right just to see that Taemin was still there, his eyes still closed. The maknae looked very tired and exhausted, there were rings underneath his eyes as he woke up slowly.

“Good morning, Taemin-ah.” Key said quietly, leaning down to peck his forehead. “Did you sleep well?” the maknae blinked at him, nodded and turned to see Onew next to him – without hesitation he turned his back at Key, pressed his face into the leaders side and tried to fall asleep again.
Both, Key and Onew, chuckled and exchanged glances. Key mouthed a 'You got that', winked and left the room again as quietly as he could, doing nothing else but turning the light on.

Onew looked after the singer before turning his attention to the slowly breathing Taemin – he started the blonde hair and whispered to him, also pecking his forehead softly.

“Yah, hyung …” Taemin mumbled and shook his head. “I'm tired.”

“I know, but you can sleep in the plane.” Onew replied.

“Plane?”

“Forgot our vacation already? We're leaving today.” suddenly Taemin seemed wide awake – raising his head he opened his eyes and stared up at him with a faint smile. “You're right.” he said kind of enthusiastically and pushed himself up. “Let's get ready, hyung.”
Onew laughed and also steadied himself into a sitting position. “Did you really forget?”
 

“No, but my brain doesn't work right after I've woken up …”

“How cute.” he cooed and breathed another kiss onto him.

When they entered the kitchen they found the others sitting at the table already.
Minho was resting his head on the tabletop, apparently not in the mood of eating. Key was behind him, getting ready to slap him awake while Jonghyun was stuffing himself with breakfast.
The couple sat down at the rather large breakfast table as Key started slapping the dozing rapper continously, earning many cries and yelps. Key cursed at him, telling him to get it together and stay awake or otherwise he wouldn't allow him to come along to Austria – Minho looked up, glared at everyone and reached over the table after a few seconds in order to get the bread.

“Taemin-ah!” Key said when he noticed that the maknae and leader had joined them. He ran over and back-hugged him happily. “Did Onew hyung wake you nicely?” he then asked and threw a suspicious glance over at him. “Or was he rude?”

“Yah,” Taemin answered with a giggle and innocent expression, “Onew hyung was nice.”

“Of course I was.” Onew said, accusation swinging within his tone. “You're the one who woke us up roughly.”

“Wrong.” the singer insisted and pointed at him accusingly. “I woke you up roughly – I woke Taeminnie nicely.”
Onew and Taemin exchanged somewhat amused glanced and started chuckling when Key told them to eat since they were running late already.

________________________________________________________________________________


They had a couple of problems with getting everything into the car – Key had too many bags and bulging suitcases. The SHINee-members were desperately trying to fit everything into the trunk, but it was no good – or at least, it was going on terribly slowly as they were pressing against the wall of luggage in front of them.

“Yah, god, Key. You're worse than any woman I know.” Jonghyun gasped, pushing one of the bags next to his own suitcase. “What's in these bags anyway? Bricks?”

“Those are my clothes, some medicine in case something happens and some other important things.” when he saw the weird looks he received from the others he quickly added: “Believe me, none of this is unnecessary.”

“That's Umma for you.” Taemin said knowingly and smiled while shrugging a bit. “Always prepared for everything.”

“Yeah, listen to Taeminnie.” Key agreed happily and hugged the maknae tightly, smiling. “I'm prepared for all the stupid things you guys are going to do – so be happy that I'm with you!” they threw an somewhat evil glare at the singer but smiled at their maknae who blinked at them in a cute way.

“Don't up to him, Taemin-ah.” Minho then mumbled after a few seconds of finally squeezing everything into the trunk – it was usually large, but at the time being it seemed like it was made for dwarfs. “ up is only going to bring you enemies.”

“Shut up, Minho.” Key snapped but blushed a slight shade of pink. “Taemin-ah doesn't up to me. He's my son, he doesn't have to anyway.”
Showing them his aegyo Taemin nodded and kissed Key on the cheek. Onew felt a slight stitch of jealousy in his chest – he disliked it a lot when Taemin was showing affection to anyone else, no matter who it was. But he tried to ignore that – it was just Key, after all. Taemins beloved Umma was allowed to be kissed by the maknae – and that tiny bit of jealousy was ridiculous anyway.

“Hey, aren't you done yet!?” their manager called out of the front of the car, obviously impatient and bothered.
Onew saw Taemin flinch and was glad when Key pulled him to his side gently – being around the manager was a pain. “We need to get going, so come on!”

“We're almost done.” Key replied with a somewhat dangerous sounding voice and pure hatred written all over his face. Onew threw a glance at the car and made his way over to Taemin after finally shutting the trunk shut.
There was fear in Taemins eyes when the manager called out to them again, demanding them to hurry up.
 

“You okay?” he whispered into the maknaes ear and took his hand into his own, causing Key to let go of him.

“Neh, I'm fine.” Taemin whispered and gave the leader a sad smile. “Let's go.”

________________________________________________________________________________


Onew was happy that he didn't have to drive this time – their manager was taking care of it this time. Though he felt sorry for Minho who had to sit in the front part of the car, right next to that horrible man. He, Taemin, Key and Jonghyun were all cuddled up in the back, Taemin sitting on his lap.

“By the way.” the manager said after a while they had spent in silence and turned away from the street for a second in order to look at them. “No couple-stuff.” Taemin twitched slightly and Onew felt him tense up. “No-one wants to see two gay teenagers making out or anything like that.” he added before turning back to the street. Not even bothering about lowering his voice he said, more t himself than to them: “Why the hell do I have to take care of a -couple.”
Onew took Taemins hand quickly and squeezed it, trying to calm him in case he was about to start crying again.

“Would you mind talking about something else.” Key snapped and patted Taemins shoulder gently, giving Onew a hateful look as he nodded to the front. “We wanna have fun on this vacation.”

“Whatever.” he replied. “Just don't let anyone see them, got it?”

“I think we can manage that on our own, thank you.” Minho insisted and also shot the man with a death glare. “And don't use the word '' – it's inappropriate.”

“Shut up, I am older than you, I know how to talk properly!” the manager snapped back, this time without taking his eyes off of the street. “For goodness sake, you'd better make sure to impress your European fans.”

“For how long are we going to be on the plane, hyung …?” Taemin whispered as quietly as possible so that the manager wouldn't hear him.

“About thirteen hours, I think.” Onew whispered back and kissed him on the cheek quietly. “Maybe a bit more.”

“Oh, okay …”

“Is anyone in here capable of speaking german or Austrian german?” the older man asked all of a sudden while they were passing a sign that was guiding them to the airport.
“I can't.” Minho said immediately, crossing his arms in front of his chest as he looked outside the window.
“Me neither. But I know what german sounds like.” Jonghyun added and Key nodded in agreement as he said: “Me too. But I can't speak it. It's a pretty hard language, isn't it? It sounds so rough compared to Korean.” both of them burst out laughing while they were trying to imitate the sounds of german but were cut off quickly by the outraged voice of their manager. “You can't speak german, so shut the hell up and answer my question.”

“None of us can speak a European language besides English!” Onew finally snapped angrily pass Taemins head and kicked the seat in front of him gently enough for the man in front of him not to notice it. “Korean, Chinese, Japanese, English … don't you think that's enough?”

“If you wanna get in touch with your European fans you should at least be able to introduce yourselves in their native language.”

“I'm curious about german now, so why not give it a try …” Key agreed half-heartedly and nodded at them slowly. “Nothing bad about learning a new language anyway. I heard it was similar to English …?”

“No it wasn't.” Jonghyun disagreed immediately and stared at Key in disbelief. “German is more complicated. And it doesn't sound like English either.”

“Let's buy a book about german at the airport. Introducing ourselves in that language shouldn't be too complicated.”

________________________________________________________________________________


“What the hell!? What kind of sorcery is this language!? I can only remember one word … the other words sound so … wrong, like- what the hell, I don't know!”

“Yah, let me see, too.” Taemin leaned over Keys shoulder and tried to look at the rather thick book they were holding. They were at the gift-shop of the airport, trying to find a book about the german language. When they finally found one they tried to introduce themselves – and failed badly.

“Well I know one german word now. “Hallo” sounds just like “Hello”.” Taemin giggled and took the book from Key.

“But that's the only easy thing until now.” Key mumbled and pointed at the words. “Look through that sentence there and try reading it aloud.” he grinned when the maknae narrowed his eyebrows in concentration.
Both, Key and Onew, laughed loudly and clapped their hands when Taemin started reading – it sounded stupid, he was enhancing the words so strongly and pronouncing it in a way that even they knew it could only be wrong. They earned themselves an angry pout from him.

“Aww, you're so adorable!” Key yelped and poked his cheek softly, earning another pout.

“Introducing ourselves in german can't be that difficult.” Onew quoted Key and looked at him teasingly as he grabbed the book from Taemin. “Isn't that what you said about … an hour ago?”

“Yah, be quiet.” he slapped the leader on the shoulder gently and put his famous I'm-A-Diva-look on. “We'll master this on the plane.” they turned their heads to see Jonghyun walking up to them, Minho was waiting at the entrance of the shop. “Manager-sshi said we should come and get you. Boarding's just started.”

________________________________________________________________________________


When Onew woke up again he found himself still on the plane and sighed in disappointment when he took a look at his watch – they still had four hours left to go.
Good thing that he had slept for a while though. He had spent the first few hours on the plane with Key and the others, trying to learn some german. Their manager was ignoring them completely and Minho seemed happy that he was – he was sitting next to that after all.

Looking to the side the leader found Taemin awake, listening to his iPod and reading a book at the same time. Though the maknae turned his head and looked up at him after a few seconds, taking one earphone out and smiling brightly. “Good morning, hyung.” he said and huddled himself against the now awake leader. “Did you sleep well?”

“Yeah.” Onew answered and quickly pecked Taemins head – he hoped that no-one on the plane knew who they were. But it seemed like they didn't. They were being ignored, just like every other passenger.

“Don't kiss me, Onew hyung.” Taemin chuckled and blushed deeply. “Remember what Manager-sshi said …”

“Sorry, it's been a while since I last kissed you.”

“About ten hours only.”

“That's long enough.”

“True …” Taemin giggled and smirked at him somewhat seductively, “We'll have lots of time later, hyung. Sounds good, doesn't it?”
“Stop looking so irresistible, goddammit.” Onew muttered and avoided looking at the maknaes face carefully – he was afraid he might just lose it and kiss him anyway – this time more passionately. Love could be so unfair sometimes.

“Didn't know you found me so …” Taemin stopped for a second, apparently trying to find the right word for whatever he wanted to say, “neh. I didn't know you found me so y, hyung.”
Onew gulped instinctively and looked back down at him. His face was bound to be flushed by now. Taemin giggled even more and pinched his cheek softly before offering him the leftover earphone. “Wanna listen?”

The leader nodded and put the earphone into his right ear, returning the shy smile Taemin was giving him now – that boy could be more than one person, it was as though there was a cute- and a y-side living inside of him … how unfair.

He watched as Taemin scrolled though his huge amount of songs and waited until he found something that he wanted to listen to. It actually took him a while to find something but when he turned the song on Onew was surprised when he realized that he actually knew it – or at least he thought he did. “That's BTD, isn't it?” he asked and looked closer at the iPod display. “I think I heard it somewhere before … at least it sounds quite familiar.”

“Neh, it's BTD!” Taemin answered and handed him the iPod. “If you want you can scroll through my Music videos, I think I got the one to this song.”
Onew did as he was told and scrolled through the also huge list of videos until he actually found the right one. Turning it on Taemin cuddled up to him and they started watching it together, even though Onew wasn't giving it all of his attention – the good scent of Taemins hair was actually quite distracting as he put his arm around the maknaes slender shoulders. It was just distracting.

“It's amazing, isn't it?” Taemin said when the video had ended and looked up at him. “Everytime I watch it I feel like watching a pretty cool movie.”

“Neh, it's pretty cool.” Onew agreed without really remembering what had happened.

“It's so … dramatic and … and dark!” Taemin went on, his eyes fixed on his iPod. “I wish we could do something like this someday, too.” the leader chuckled and patted Taemins head gently – from what he could remember the video had been all about fighting and violence. “I don't think we'd look convincing as … killers.” Onew said and tried to suppress his laughter. “Imagine Key being dressed up as some kind of … badass.”
Taemin giggled and covered his mouth with his left hand.

“He'd definitely wear a pink suit, no doubt about that.” the leader went on, causing Taemin to laugh louder and louder. “Key alias Kim Kibum – the knight in shining, pink armor and army of lipsticks will now battle Kim Jonghyun, the small knight who looks like a Dinosaur.”
“Yah, hyung! What would I be?”
“Uhm … Lee Taemin, the knight with the … Goodnight-voice.”
Goodnight-voice?” he repeated and raised an eyebrow.

“Neh … like … if you have children one day they will beg you to sing them a lullaby.”
“Oh my god, hyung.” he covered his mouth with his hand, like he always did when he laughed. “What's that supposed to mean! That sounds like my voice is putting people to sleep!”

That made him laugh now, too and he also felt himself blushing when Taemin leaned against him, giggling madly as he wiped the tears he had got from laughing away. Onew wished that Taemin didn't notice the evil glances they received from their manager – but from the way it looked like the maknae didn't, and that was good so. It would only ruin his mood and might even break him down again.
“Well we can ask the director if we can do a video like that someday.” he mumbled when they both had calmed down again. “Maybe the stylist noonas can make us look evil somehow. It's gonna be tough, turning you into a y gangster though … You're way too adorable for that.”
“Yah!” Taemin moaned when the leader nudged his nose softly. He shoved the hand away gently and pouted up at him. “I can look gangster as well! Remember our “Lucifer”-video, the Korean one. Everyone said I looked y in that one!”
Onew chuckled. “Yeah, but that was just because of the leathern clothes. Leathern clothes could even make Yoogeun look y.”
“Not true.”
“Trust me, leathern clothes can make one look bad- and .” he chuckled at his own – pretty bad joke – and smiled down at Taemin when he noticed the flushed face of the maknae. He laughed once more. “Don't worry. You looked rather bad than dumb.”

________________________________________________________________________________


He was sleepy. They still had an hour left until they'd finally arrive – he was bored as hell. The book he had taken with him was stupid, he didn't feel like reading it any further. The battery of his iPod had run out as well, he couldn't listen to his own music anymore and cursed himself for not recharging the battery thoroughly before they had left.

Onew didn't mind listening to Taemins iPod but still … the maknae didn't have a couple of songs he would have liked to listen to now – even if Taemin usually had every single song Onew knew.

Above of that, Taemin was asleep now. Leaning against his shoulder he was breathing slow and deep, his hands were clinging to Onews arm. He had taken Taemins iPod and was scrolling through his song list – again. There were so many songs … it was unbelievable that Taemin had bought all of them.
At least now he knew exactly why the maknae was constantly complaining about not getting enough pocket money. Those songs must have been worth millions of Won …
Onew decided on watching a couple of Music Videos in order to survive the rest of the flight – he'd die of boredom if he didn't do something soon. Still, one of the videos he watched made him over think Taemins taste in music. It was a video by some teenage star from the USA. His last name sounded like an animals name, his voice was high pitched and stuff … it was unbearable. Of course he had heard that song somewhere before, it had been on the radio all the time but he just couldn't get himself to remember the name of it – but better that way.
While scrolling through the videos he stumbled upon that BTD thing again and decided to re-watch it because he could barely remember anything that had happened.

 

Taemin had been right – the video was just like a movie … a pretty sad, complicated and violent one above of that.
“Earth to Onew hyung, can you hear me?” he yelped in surprise when a hand suddenly started waving in front of him. He looked up quickly and saw Jonghyun there, smiling over at him mischievously. “Sorry.” the singer said. “Did I scare you?”

“Be quiet.” Onew hissed and shot him an evil glare. “Taemin's asleep.”

“Neh, I can see that.” Jonghyun leaned over and Taemins blonde hair, smiling even brighter. He looked like a father who was watching his son sleep – okay, well, practically it was something like that.
“What do you want?” Onew asked and also smiled down at the sleeping maknae.
“Well … we've only got half an hour left until we'll start the landing and I'm kind of –“
“Bored.”
“– can't we say I'm interested in what you're doing? Bored sounds mean.”

The rest of the flight was fun from then on. Onew and Jonghyun spent most of the time with giggling about Taemin who didn't wake up no matter what they did. Though, when the landing was finally starting Jonghyun went back to his seat next to Key who was also deeply asleep and Onew tried to wake the maknae gently by shaking his slim shoulders.
“Taemin-ah.” he cooed into his ear. “Wake up, Taemin-ah.” he received a moan as response and watched as Taemin made a face at him – he obviously didn't want to wake up just yet. “Five more minutes.” he grumbled and pressed his face into the leaders side. “I don't wanna go to school, Key Umma …”
Onew chuckled at that. “I'm not Key Umma. It's me, Onew hyung. We're in Europe now, remember?”

“I don't care … We've been to Japan so many times, let me sleep …” and with that he fell silent again and breathed in deeply.
Onew gave Jonghyun an amused glance, quickly whispering to him what was going on. The singer smirked at him and shook his head in amusement as he replied: “He's always like this when he doesn't get enough sleep. Did you keep him up yesterday night?”
He thought about that for a second but shook his head then. No, he hadn't kept the maknae up. If someone had been kept up, it had been himself.
“Shall we make Key wake him?” Jonghyun asked and pointed at the sleeping Key next to him. “He could wake Taeminnie easily just by using his … Umma voice.”

 

“You wouldn't dare to take away Keys beauty sleep.” Onew replied cheekily. “He'd kill you.”

“You think I wouldn't do it?” the singers grin widened even more and he stretched out his hand. “Wanna bet?” Onew returned the grin and grabbed his hand. “I'll treat you to …” he thought about it for a second. “I'll treat you to chocolate if you actually do it.”

 

And with that it was set. Jonghyun actually woke Key and pranked him a bit and ended up with waking the sleep-drunken maknae in the end as well. Key was now in a bad mood they had taken his – how he said it – goddamned beauty sleep. Onew and Jonghyun high fived each other with a wide smile and listened to Key cursing and muttering all other kinds of insults. In the end he actually slapped Jonghyun on the back of his head and stared outside the window, hissing: “You didn't really wake me up just so that I can watch clouds, did you, Jonghyun?” he grabbed his pillow and hugged it tightly. “Scumbag Jonghyun.”

“I love you, too.” Jonghyun replied and put an arm around his shoulders – Onew frowned a bit at that. They shouldn't show affection to each other like that … if their manager noticed they'd be–
“By the way, Onew hyung – don't forget about my chocolate.”
Onew smiled at him and nodded only. “At the Hotel, okay?”
“Sure.”

 

Taemin furrowed his brow and asked: “What chocolate?”

“Ah, nothing important.” he told him off and patted his head – he figured it might not be a good idea to let anyone besides himself and Jonghyun know that this was just some kind of I Dare You game.
“I wanna know!” Taemin moaned and pouted up at him. “Please, hyung?”

“It's nothing, Taeminnie.”

“But I want chocolate, too …”

“I'll buy you chocolate later, okay?” Taemins face lit up and he clapped his hands in satisfaction. He smiled widely at the leader and Onew had to prevent himself from just leaning down and kissing him. He was kind of relieved when there was an announcement made over the loudspeakers that were spread through the plane.

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

we are now getting ready for landing. Please return your seats to an upright position and put the tables back to their original position. Fasten your seat belts and stay on your seats. Going to the toilet is now prohibited. If you have been using an electronic device we'd like to ask you to switch it off now. You may use it again as soon as our landing's complete.
Thank you for your attention.


With a sigh Taemin shut down his iPod and put it into his pocket before fastening his belt again. “I was listening to such a great song just now …” he complained quietly and put his earphones away.
Onew leaned back in his seat and fastened his belt, too. He looked down at the maknae next to him and carefully grabbed his hand, squeezing it softly. “Really?” he asked quietly. “Which one was that?”
Taemin giggled and blushed as he looked down at their hands. He leaned closer and whispered: “Stand By Me.

________________________________________________________________________________


First AN for this story ... I think ... am I right? //shot- ;A;

Anyway, sorry for being so late with updating this all the time ... It's just that I wrote this whole story per hand .. You know, on paper with a pen etc. I got like 90+ handwritten pages and it's always so boring to just re-type so that I can have it on my com, too ... I'm just lazy like that xD I'll try to update more often from now on, I promise ^_^

Thanks for reading!!~