Love Reality

Love Reality

God dammit. This was not supposed to happen – again.

 

Catching him off-guard like that … Seriously, how did he do it?

Did he do it on purpose? Or maybe it was just a coincidence? - No way. No-one can be like that on purpose. People who fake it are scum, nothing more and nothing less. People who are naturally like that are just admirable – and probably even more.

 

He sighed and leaned back against the roof and remembered the times he had been here.

When he was still a trainee he had come here quite often because he wanted to practice singing. He had felt uncomfortable around the others … they were a lot better than he was and he wanted to avoid them making fun of him.

Though when he and his band-members had debuted everything had changed.

Suddenly they were famous, wanted by thousands of people and – all of a sudden – everyone wanted to sing just as well as he did.

It seemed like all of that had come over night when it actually took him and the others quite some time to get this far.

 

In the beginning he didn't really get along with the other band-members. They were so different from the people he usually hung out with …

 

One of them was a Diva called Kim Kibum. His stage name was Key.

The other one was harsh but friendly at the same time, his name was Kim Jonghyun.

Choi Minho was the one who never talked but he had his own flaming Charisma nevertheless.

Their maknae was called Lee Taemin and he was known for being the cutest out of all of them.

They were part of the newcomer-band “SHINee” with their huge fan club called “The SHINee World” and their great songs.

Though sometimes he felt like he wasn't a part of it, despite the fact that he was the leader.

 

The leader who failed at telling jokes and always ruined the mood in a cute and funny way. His name was Lee Jinki, or, how most people called him, Onew.

 

Silently Onew just started singing one of their songs. He whispered the lyrics into the dark night. “Stand By Me” was one of his favorites.

He enjoyed singing it, it reminded him of a lot of things …

 

When he got to the Chorus he heard someone entering the roof. He immediately stopped singing and pushed himself up in order to see whoever had decided to climb on top of the roof at this hour.

Onews heart sank a bit when he heard the familiar voice of Taemin calling out for him.

 

Hyung?” he asked loudly and took a look around. “Onew hyung?”

Onew raised his hand when Taemin looked in his direction. He wanted to be left alone, but so what.

Being with Taemin was always nice – even though his presence always made Onews heart skip a couple of beats …

 

I knew you'd be here, hyung.” Taemin said a little out of breath. “Just like old times, huh?” the maknae lowered himself next to him, smiling slightly, just like always. But Onew wasn't in the mood of looking at him.

What happened in their training room was still carved into his mind, even though it was nothing too important.

Taemins presence was just uncomfortable right now.

 

Onew hyung, are you okay?”

He only noticed that he had drifted off when he felt Taemins hand shaking his shoulder.

Onew twitched badly and, out of reflex, he grabbed Taemin by the wrist.
The maknae frowned and stared at his leader. When Onew saw the look in Taemins big eyes he shook his head and let go of him in an instant.

 

Sorry, Taemin-ah.” he said and took his hand back. “I dozed off a bit … What did you say?”

 

Uh, it's okay, hyung.” Taemin answered and the smile on his face returned. He chuckled and repeated: “Are you okay?”

 

Yeah, I'm fine.” he answered and kept staring at the sky. “Just feeling a bit off today.”

 

I see ...” the maknae whispered and looked the same way he did. “What are you thinking about, Onew hyung?”

 

Nothing in particular.”

 

The maknae sighed and hugged his knees gently. Onew felt bad for ruining the young boys mood. It would've been the best if he'd just leave. “I'm not in the mood of talking, Taemin-ah.” he said and got himself to look at him. “I'm sorry.” when Taemin noticed that Onew was looking at him he immediately returned the smile to his face.

 

With an aching pain in his chest Onew realized that he was faking the smile.

 

Neh.” Taemin said. “It's fine. I just noticed that you were a bit … different just now. So I was wondering about what happened …?”

 

He was so damn cute. Worrying about his like that … even noticing that he felt off when no-one else noticed.

 

Thanks, Taemin-ah.” Onew said and gave him an honest smile. “It's very nice of you to think of me.”

 

The maknae chuckled and let the normal, adorable grin return to his face. “You're welcome.” he said. “So you're perfectly fine?”

 

Yeah.”

 

Hyung?”

 

What?”

 

I don't believe you.”

 

Sighing, Onew lay down on his back and looked up at the sky again. That maknae sure was something but sometimes he could be a real pain … Not that Onew minded most of the time.

 

Ever since that little accident you've been acting strange.” Taemin continued and out of the corners of his eyes Onew could see him a strain of his blonde hair.

 

I was wondering if I did something wrong?”

 

Yah, Taemin-ah. Shut it.” he simply said and closed his eyes. “It's not your fault.”

 

Whose fault is it then?”

 

Onew felt impatience crawling up inside of him – he had to control it though. He didn't want Taemin to get the true answer to this question. Taemin would probably not understand it …

 

Plus, he didn't allow himself to get mad at the maknae.

 

Taemin was quite a sensitive Teenager … if he'd yell at him or even raise his voice he would start crying – and that was the last thing Onew wanted.

He remembered the times Taemin cried because he had thought he was a bad singer.

 

It's no-ones fault.” he answered after a while and hoped that Taemin wouldn't notice the impatience in his voice. “It's just not my day.”

 

Taemin sighed and got to his feet without any support of his hands.
It scared Onew a bit when the maknae had jumped to his feet like that – but then he remembered that Taemin was a dancer. He had probably done this thousands of times.

 

Fine, hyung.” he said and gave him that fake smile again. It drove Onew crazy seeing him like that. “I'm glad you're fine.”

Onew nodded slowly, unsure what to say next.

 

Will you walk me down?” the maknae asked, pointing towards the exit of the roof.

 

To where?”

 

Dancing lesson. I still have to practice ...”

 

Ugh … fine. I'll walk you down.”

 

Taemin held out a hand to help him up. Onew took it gladly and let him pull him up to his feet.

 

They left the roof without saying another word and entered the training-building of SM-Entertainment.