Love Reality

Love Reality

They arrived at their Hotel about four hours later, it was already past nine pm by now and all of them were dead-tired. They left the buy which had taken them from the airport to their Hotel and found themselves in front of a big five-star Hotel with huge windows and many lights. There were bound to be more than five floors.

“Holy … oh god.” Key gasped when they entered the lobby.
“This is amazing!” Jonghyun blurted out and stared up at the chandelier above of them. “Seriously, what a beautiful Hotel.” they walked over the red carpet and got to the reception where a woman with long, light-brown hair was standing, smiling at them brightly – she looked so European.

Guten Tag.” she greeted them in german when they stopped in front of the desk. “Wie kann ich Ihnen behilflich sein?”

“Uhm …” Jonghyun blushed a bit – of course he had no idea what the woman had just said, he had probably not understood a single word. Not that that made him any difference of Onew though. Though,
as expected, Key pushed him aside and stepped forward, smiling as he answered the slightly confused looking woman: “Guten Tag. I'm sorry, we can't speak german …” he continued in English from then on. “You don't happen to speak Korean, do you?” he chuckled slightly when she blushed and shook her head.
“Uh, I'm sorry.” she said. “I can speak English and German only. How may I help you though?”

“We'd like to check in.”

“May I have your names, please?”
Key answered her by pointing at each of them and saying their names until he got to the point where he had to introduce their manager who was still standing outside, talking to someone on the phone. “He's with us, but I'm sure he can check in on his own later on.” Key said and glared at him. The woman nodded and started typing something into her computer, asking Key to repeat their names more than just once.

“You are saved as
SHINee in here.” she then mumbled after a few moments of silence had passed. “Is that right?”

“Yes.” Key smiled at her and Onew chuckled silently, dragging Taemins attention. He only grinned at the maknae and offered him his hand which he took gladly – Onew liked the feeling of Taemins rather small hand lying in his own and so he continued to watch as Key checked them in. It was a really good thing that he was doing so well with languages … everyone else wasn't that talented when it came to that, thank god they had their
almighty Key with them. Plus, Onew was sure that it'd take Key only a little bit of time to master german as well.

When they had finished they waited for their manager to be done before they could go upstairs and look for their rooms. Minho was walking next to him, Key and Jonghyun right behind them while Onew and Taemin were last, holding hands as they dragged their suitcases with them.
“I repeat myself.” their manager suddenly said and dragged everyones attention. “I don't want any couple stuff. That includes that our
couple is not sharing a room, is that clear?” when he suddenly turned around Taemin flinched a bit and quickly clung to Onews arm – even though he let go hastily again everyone had noticed it and the manager snorted and glared at him. “And that's the reason why not.” he pointed at Taemins and Onews intertwined fingers. “Someone might see them … in bed, if you know what I mean.” Key shot him a death glare and snapped: “Yah! That's ridiculous! Let them share a room!”

“Shut it,
Miss Diva.” he snapped back. “You do what I say, got it? Remember that I own all five of you.”

“You don't–“

“No talking back. It's bad enough that I have to put up with a couple.”
Onew saw what Taemin was up to now and wanted to stop him, but couldn't – Taemin let go of him and walked one step faster so that he'd be closer to their manager as he practically begged: “But we won't do anything, I promise … We won't–“
He was cut off when their manager turned around in a flash, raised his hand and tried to hit him – Taemin shrieked and dropped to the floor just in time, his hand brushed his cheek only lightly. The maknae flung his arms above of his head and curled together in order to protect himself while the manager was standing above of him, raising his hand in order to try and hit him again.

“Stop it!” Key yelled and quickly stepped in front of him. Onew sat down next to Taemin and wrapped his arms around him, trying to calm the fast-breathing and trembling maknae. “Don't you dare hitting him!” he added and glared up at him.
“Did you forget our deal already!?” Key snapped and took one step closer. “Hit him one more time and we'll call the police. Better don't forget it,
.”
The manager lowered his hand, glared down at Taemin, then Onew and last but not least Key who was just glaring back –
seriously, a fight between these two would probably end in one of them being dead.
“Have it your way then.” he hissed and his heel, walking off quickly. None of them moved until he had vanished around the next corner. Key sighed deeply and turned around, kneeling down in front of Taemin who still had his head covered with his arms in an attempt to shield himself from any possible kind of danger.

“Taemin-ah.” Jonghyun stepped forward and also joined them on the floor, just like Minho. All of them touched Taemins shoulder and patted it gently, trying to calm him down. When the maknae looked up again they could see the spot where the managers hand had hit him was reddened and Onew felt madness rising within him –
that prick
Still, Taemin smiled at them and lowered his arms as he leaned against Onew who still had his arms around him. “I'm sorry.” he said and giggled in a kind of sad tone. “You shouldn't have seen that …”

“What're you talking about.” Minho said and narrowed his eyebrows at him. “Of course we shouldn't have, he's not allowed to do that.”

“He's right.” Jonghyun agreed and nodded, causing his hair to bounce a bit. “If that bonehead dares to even touch you again I swear I'll make sure he won't be able to leave the hospital for one whole year.”

“Yah, Appa …” Taemin said but smiled anyway. “That's mean …”

“So what. Anyone who touches my son deserves to die.”

“You sound like me.” Key chuckled and patted his head. “I'm proud of my little dinosaur.”

“I ain't a dinosaur.”

“Yes you are.”

“No I'm–“

Yah! You are!”

Fine!”
All of them burst out laughing and enjoyed the little moment of peace they had. It might not have been all that comfortable down there on the floor, but that didn't really seem to have been important. Onew moved a bit and pulled Taemin onto his lap so that he could wrap his arms around his waist and put his hands on his shoulder.
“So who's gonna share a room with who?” Minho asked as soon as they had stopped laughing after a little while. “We have two double rooms and one single room, right?”

“Neh, so one of us has to be on his own.” Key agreed and looked at the others in anticipation. “Anyone who wants to volunteer?”

“I really don't like this but … I'll be staying alone.” Onew said it quietly and sighed when he felt how Taemin tensed up a bit. He turned his head and the leader could see the deeply sad look in Taemins big eyes.
“But I thought–“

“Trust me, I want to room with you, too, but if our manager finds out … he might get mad and lose it again. And I don't want you to get hit just because we are sharing a room, Taeminnie.” Taemins face flushed and he looked down at where Onews hands were placed around his waist. “The last thing I want is you to be hurt.” he added quietly and kissed the side of Taemins neck softly.

Jonghyun suddenly chuckled and said: “You sound so gay, Onew hyung.” he earned himself a hard slap onto the head by that, getting cursed at by Key.
“Shut up, dinosaur!” he snapped. “This is kind of romantic!”

“Yeah, shut up Jonghyun.” Onew agreed and grinned softly. “I'm being romantic over here.” when Jonghyun stuck his tongue out at him he returned the gesture and turned back to Taemin. “I think it's best if you stayed with Key for the time being, Taemin-ah.” he went on. “At least, if that is okay for him?”

“Of course!” a smile spread across Keys face and he leaned forward in order to kiss Taemins forehead. “I'm always happy when I get to have Taeminnie for a while!”

________________________________________________________________________________


Onew hadn't been in his room for long when there was someone knocking on his door. He figured who it'd be and opened the door with a smile on his face – Taemin was there, bright red cheeks lit his already adorable face a whole lot more up.
“Missed me?” he cooed and stepped inside when Onew made room for him.
“Of course.” Onew replied and closed the door behind him. Taemin went on inside, taking a look at the rather big room. “Hyung …” he moaned and sat down on the bed. “Your room is so much bigger than ours …”

“It is?” he sat down next to the maknae.
“Neh …” Taemin muttered and looked up at the ceiling. “And we don't have those engravings either … How unfair …” Onew looked up, saw the engravings and chuckled softly before returning his gaze to Taemin – his profile was incredibly pretty, he found it funny how he always seemed to notice more and more pretty things about him as time passed by. When Taemin turned his head and looked at him Onew grinned and quickly placed his hands at the maknaes waist before he started tickling him rather roughly, causing him to shriek and cry out of laughter. They were rolling around on the bed until they were both simply gasping for air and giggling faintly.
Onew had his arms wrapped tightly around Taemins slender body and held him as close as possible, breathing onto his skin when he started placing a few soft kisses along his neck and collarbone.
Taemin started giggling softly and struggled gently in order to gesture for Onew to stop – of course he obeyed immediately and went up to kiss the maknaes lips instead … Taemin didn't break away then. Still, after a few more minutes of quiet kissing and hugging they broke away from each other and Onew got to his feet as he headed over to his opened suitcase on the floor.

“Are you and Key done with unpacking already?” he asked as he leaned down and put a few of his jeans and shirts in the closet.
“Yah … Umma's not done yet … It's taking him quite long to get everything into one single closet. He's packed so much!”

“Well … that's just him, right?”

“He told me to dress up for Dinner …”

“Why's that?”

“Because we're in a five-star Hotel. But I think the main reason is because he wants to put me into some cute clothes.”
Onew chuckled at that and continued unpacking his stuff. There were only a few more left, he'd have to take care of his skiing-clothes last though, they were bound to take away a lot of space. When he glanced back at Taemin he found the maknae still lying on the bed, staring up at the ceiling, probably examining the pretty engravings everywhere.
“So why don't you change clothes then?” he asked. “Key would be really happy I guess.”

“Neh, but … I don't like dressing up …”

“I'll do it, too, if you do.” Onew offered and smiled to himself when Taemin quickly sat upright again.
“Really, hyung?” he chirped and got to his feet. “That'd be great!” he got over to him and wrapped his arms around Onews waist, burying his face in his back. They stayed in that hugging position for a while when there was suddenly another knock on the door. If it had been up to him Onew would have probably just let that person stay outside, but he sighed and softly freed himself out of Taemins grip as he walked over and unlocked the door.

“Open up faster next time, will you.”
His heart sank immediately –
why did he have to come over now out of all times …!?

Before he could have rejected their manager he was pushed aside roughly and had to watch him entering the small room before his bedroom. He was carrying two rather big books and a plastic bag. “I got you something to read and something to wear.” he said and turned his head around. Onew hurried after him and was about to stop him from entering the bedroom – but it was too late already. The manager had been right in the middle of saying something when he saw Taemin who had sat down on the bed again – Onew stepped between them immediately, raising his hands in order to keep him at a distance from the maknae. Taemin had paled and tensed a bit.


“This is not what it looks like.” Onew said quickly. The manager crossed his arms in front of his chest and bit his lower lip angrily.
“What does it look like to me?” he asked. “What do you think? You're ignoring my order.”

“No, we aren't.” he talked back. “We are not sharing a room. Taemin-ah just came over.”

“Neh … we didn't–“

“Be quiet, you brat.” he cut Taemin off merciless and threw an evil glance at him. “I'll have a talk with you later.” he pointed at him and was about to push the leader aside when Onew grabbed his wrist and pushed him off.
“Don't call him a brat!” he snapped angrily. “And there's nothing you two can talk about because
we did not ignore your order. Taemin-ah is sharing a room with Key, Minho and Jonghyun share one and I am on my own. The End.”
Both of them were glared at, Taemin probably a bit more than Onew, but that didn't matter – Onew was mad.

“If I see you two,” the manager raised his hand and pointed at both of them, “making out, having
or anything like that then this vacation will be canceled. We'll return home at once and you two will be separated.”

“But that's–“ Onew tried to say but was cut off when the manager called Taemins name loudly. He nodded at the maknae and pointed at the door behind him, hissing a simple
Leave because he wanted to talk to Onew in private. Taemin got up to his feet immediately and was about to hurry pass Onew who grabbed him by the wrist, holding him back.

“Hyung …?” he whispered and stared at him, trying to break free.
“Whatever he wants to say, I'm sure he can do it in front of both of us.” Onew merely said and pulled Taemin closer to himself, tightening his grip a bit.
“Hyung … I-I don't think this is–“

“What's going on in here?”
They looked up, the manager turned around, just to see Minho standing in the door-frame. He looked confused by the scene that was unfolding in front of his eyes. He wore a not-too-formal looking black suite and had his hair all messy.

“Nothing.” their manager said coldly and turned back to Onew. “I wanted to give you something, Onew.” he handed him the two books. “Those are books about german history.” he said. “Read it, learn it,
learn german.” Onew sighed when he took the books from him, knowing exactly that they were gonna put him to sleep. He still had a hold on Taemin and didn't notice how the maknae had started trembling softly. He let the books drop on the bed behind him as he was handed the plastic bag. “These are your clothes for Dinner tonight.” he explained. “Wear it.” and without saying anything else he left the room, passing Minho who just repeated his question from before.

Taemin used this opportunity to shrug Onew off.
“Taemin-ah, wait.” Onew said quickly and tried to hold him back again – this time without success. The maknae gave him a sad look before he rushed out of the room, slamming the door behind him.
“What
the hell is going on?” Minho repeated for the third time and knitted his brow at Onew. “What's up with all of you?”

Onew sighed and dropped onto the bed. He let the plastic bag drop to the floor and started massaging his forehead softly. He could feel how Minho sat down next to him even if he didn't look and relaxed a bit when the rapper put an arm around his shoulders.
“Did you guys get into a fight?” he asked.
“Yah, not really …” the leader replied in a low voice. “He thinks Taemin-ah and I are ignoring his orders and share a room … He got kind of mad at Taemin-ah.”

“Did he try to hit him again!?”

“No.”
Minho nodded slowly and leaned over a bit in order to pull the leader into a soft hug. Onew rested his head on the rappers shoulder – what could he do about all of this …?

Why did he have to be strong all the time …?


What could he do to make Taemin feel better?

________________________________________________________________________________


The dining-hall was huge and incredibly beautiful, just like the rest of the Hotel. There were many plants scattered across the room, many lamps and a little right in the middle of it. The walls were covered in gold – Onew couldn't tell whether it was real or fake until he figured that real gold might've been a bit too expensive …


He and the others were going to share a table, their manager had decided to get one of his own since he seemed to be fed up with all of them.
Onew had actually put on the clothes he had been given and was now wearing a pair of black and skinny jeans together with a white shirt and bracelets – in fact, it looked pretty nice. Above of that, Taemin had changed clothes as well. He wasn't wearing a suite like Minho or Jonghyun, but had a pair of his usual jeans and a shirt with a comic-print on it – Onew could tell that Key must have been nagging about his Outfit since he had so many accessorizes. His hair was messy but looked kind of styled as well,
probably also Keys work.

They made their way through the hall and lowered themselves on the chairs of a six-placed table. Onew sat down next to Jonghyun and Taemin while Key and Minho took the chairs on the opposite.
“Awkward silence.” Key muttered displeased when they didn't manage to build up a conversation. He looked around the hall and saw how the other guests were chatting happily in a language that none of them understood. “Let's talk about something.”

“And what?” Jonghyun asked and raised an eyebrow at him. “Suggest something for us.”

“Who can ski already?”
Onew, Minho and Jonghyun raised their hands but Key quickly waved Minho off and said: “You don't count when it comes to sports.” when Minho grinned he turned back to Taemin and ruffled his hair. “So we're the rookies, huh?” Taemin nodded. “We should get ourselves a teacher, Taeminnie.”

“I'll teach you!” Jonghyun said immediately. “Forgot it already!? You said I could teach you! Don't you dare backing out of it now!”

“I'm not backing out!” Key said loudly. “But what about Taeminnie?”

“Didn't Onew hyung want to teach him?”
Onew gulped quietly at that and looked to his right, seeing how Taemin was avoiding to look at him –
how did they even manage to get this awkward with each other? They hadn't even fought, had they?
Jonghyun seemed to notice the awkwardness and questioned them about it at once. It was just then that Key jumped in as well, narrowing his eyebrows at them. “You look like you two had a … a …” he waved around with his hand, obviously thinking about the word he seemed to have forgotten right now. When he seemed to have found it his face lit up. “You look like you had a fight. Did something happen?”

Onew took a deep breath. “We kind of …
collided with our manager.”

Oh, for goodness sake!” Key said loudly and hit the table with the fists, causing everyone to jump up a bit. “Can't we have at least a little bit of fun without that bonehead ruining everything all the time!? Seriously, we're on vacation! And we're gonna have fun! Have fun or I'll mix something into your food! Got it!?”

That was the thing that caused everything to brighten up again and everyone turned back to the way they were before. The ice between Onew and Taemin melted again quickly and they turned back to the lovey-dovey couple they had been just a few hours ago. They were lost in a conversation about their upcoming day which was going to be full with skiing.
“So you think I'll do good?”

“You'll be fantastic, Taeminnie.” Onew answered honestly and grabbed the maknaes hand. Taemin blushed slightly and smiled at the glass in front of him – Onew could tell that he'd rather have alcohol –
probably something like wine – but ordering that in front of Key would get him killed before he knew it. He could understand that he felt a bit left out though. He wasn't allowed to drink it since he was the youngest, everyone else had ordered wine or beer and was enjoying it.

“But hyung, what if I fall?” he asked after a few minutes had passed. “Can I still keep going then?”

“Sure. You'll just get up again.”

“What if I break my leg?”

“Then I'll carry you back.” he ruffled Taemins blonde hair with his free hand. Taemin closed his eyes for a second and grimaced a bit, waiting for the ruffling to be done with. “I'll carry you down on my back if I have to.” Onew added and leaned in a bit closer, having their faces rather close to each other. When Taemin opened his eyes again Onew couldn't hide a grin when the maknaes gaze immediately went down to his lips. As soon as he noticed he looked back up again though and tried hard not to break the eye-contact but failed sometimes. He tended to look down to his lips, his neck and collarbone … The leader couldn't deny that it got him quite excited – his brain was imagining all sorts of things again.
Things he really shouldn't think about because they were kind of inappropriate …

It was Keys voice that made him look up from Taemins pretty face in front of him. Tilting his head to the side he grinned at the singer on the opposite of the table and asked, sounding as innocent as possible: “What is it?”
Key chuckled and shook his head in amusement. “I told you to stop staring at my baby like that.” he said. “You look like you're about to eat him.”

“Well, maybe I am.”
Keys jaw dropped, Taemin gulped and blushed even deeper, but both, Minho and Jonghyun, yelled out in laughter, patting his shoulder and back strongly. But he blushed as well – he hadn't actually meant to make some kind of ambiguous remark.

“H-Hyung.” Taemin mumbled and looked at him with bright red cheeks.
“Sorry Taeminnie.” he chuckled and put an arm around his shoulders. “I didn't mean it like that.”

“Sure you didn't?” Minho insisted and winked at him when they exchanged amused glances.

The rest of the evening turned out to be quite nice and relaxed. Their manager didn't come over, not even when Taemin and Onew gave each other a soft and small kiss without even bothering to hide themselves. They went on like this when Jonghyun suddenly sighed deeply and complained: “If you two should ever get married, then remind me not to come. Your cuteness would probably kill me.” he grinned at Onew who had started feeding Taemin Ice-cream with his spoon. Both, Taemin and Onew, looked up at the singer and returned his grin gladly.

“I'm sure Taemin wouldn't want his Appa to be missing on his wedding.” Minho said.
“Neh.” Taemin agreed. “Umma and Appa both have to be there. But
flaming charisma can't be missing either.”

“You're talking about flaming charisma that's been sitting on an ice-box.” Key then said and earned a loud laughter from everyone when they remembered that time at their
Yunhaman-recording.
“Don't tell me you still remember that …?” Minho muttered and buried his face in his hands. “That was embarrassing.”

“Yah, it was funny as hell!” Key said with a wide grin. “Don't forget that Key Umma
never ever forgets anything.” when he was about to say something else his smile suddenly faded a bit and a weird expression spread on his face – he looked as if his brain was doing overtime. “Wait a minute … did Taeminnie just say that he wants to marry …?”
Onew gulped a bit and laughed loudly along with the others, even Taemin laughed though he seemed quite embarrassed about that as well.
“Yah! Stop laughing!” Key snapped and his his fist on the table again – he was smiling as well though. “You can't marry my baby until he isn't fully aged!”
Onew only smirked at him and turned to the maknae again, continuing to feed him with the spoon. Taemin giggled and ate it gladly, dragging everyones attention unwillingly once more.

When they finished having Dinner they decided to split up for a while. Key and Minho went down to the gambling room while Jonghyun had told them that he just wanted to sleep – he had a huge jet lag, even worse than the others had. Of course all of them were tired, but they tried to push that aside for the time being. Onew and Taemin were left to their own that way and agreed on going outside for a bit. They left the Hotel, hand in hand, and headed for the snowy park in front of the Hotel.

Onew found Taemin very cute at the moment, he was wearing a black bobble cap and a red and white striped scarf, fitting to the fact that Christmas was coming up slowly.
“Hyung?” Taemin asked and squeezed the leaders hand to get his attention. “What do you want for Christmas?”

“You mean me?” Onew blinked at him in confusion – he hadn't expected that question just now.
“No, hyung, I mean Minho hyung.” the maknae chuckled and pushed him gently. “Of course I mean you.” Onew nudged him and rolled his eyes in amusement.
“Why do you ask?” he raised an eyebrow at Taemin. “You wanna get me something?”

“No, I wanna tell Santa Clause what you wish for.” Taemin giggled loudly, let go off his hand and ran up ahead, swinging his arms through the cold air. “I'll go to the North Pole and tell him all about you!” he yelled and started spinning around. “And then Santa Clause will be so pleased with you and give you tons of great presents!”
Onew smiled at the cute sight in front of him and sped his pace up when Taemin kept on running. They kept on going for a few more moments until they reached a playground which was completely covered in snow. Taemins face lit up at that when he saw the slide and the swing and he stormed off towards it, grabbing the chain of the swing and sitting down. He started swinging joyfully and smiled brightly when Onew stepped next to him, watching the maknae having fun like a little child.
Of course it was covered with snow as well, Taemins must have been soaked by now but apparently he didn't really care.

“So hyung?” he said loudly as he flew by every few seconds. “What do you wish for?”

“I really don't need anything, Taeminnie.” Onew replied with a smile. The maknae pouted.
“I didn't ask for what you
need.” he complained. “I asked for what you wished for.”

“I don't wish for anything.”

“Yah, hyung, don't lie.” he rammed his feet into the icy ground and stopped right on the spot. His expression had changed from an angry pout to a somewhat serious but still cute aegyo one. “Everyone wishes for something.” he said. “I wish for something, Key Umma wishes for something, Jonghyun Appa and Minho hyung do so, too. So don't pretend like you don't.”
Onew smiled brightly and stepped in front of him, gesturing for him to stand up. Taemin did so and watched as the leader sat down on the swing himself.
“Come.” he said and spread his arms a bit, inviting Taemin to sit down on his lap. Giggling softly he did as he was told and had his feet lifted off of the ground as Onew started swinging slowly as soon as he had wrapped an arm around Taemins waist.

Both of them were laughing and it took them a while to get adjusted to the way the swing was kind of out of balance but in the end they managed to get a good pace and a good way of sitting there together. Onew pushed his head up a bit more until he could meet the one spot of Taemins neck that was not covered with his scarf. He placed a kiss there, causing Taemin to yelp out of surprise and smiled against the soft skin there.


Taemin's been all Onew has wished for lately … why should he wish for anything else?

________________________________________________________________________________