Love Reality

Love Reality

“But Umma … I really wanna stay …”

“I know, but you can't.”

“But I–“

“Key's right, Taemin-ah. You can't stay …”

“Wah, but I really want to!”
Taemin crossed the room within one step only and threw himself into Onews arms, clinging to him strongly. Huddling his face against the leaders chest he mumbled something about
really not wanting to leave. Key and Onew exchanged glances with each other – Taemin was just like a little child, and even though it was pretty cute Onew found it hard to reject him. Yet, he didn't hug him back even though he wanted to. He knew if he returned the hug Taemin would interpret it as an invitation to stay.
“Taemin-ah, bed time.” Onew said and tried to sound a bit like Key whenever he was telling Taemin what to do. “Go with Key, okay? I'll see you at breakfast tomorrow.”

The maknae shook his head against his chest but looked up after a few seconds, staring at him with his bright brown eyes.

Damn, they could see right through you.

“Hyung, you're a meanie.” Taemin said and pouted as cutely as he could, causing Onew to chuckle silently before pecking his lips softly. He could see Key grinning behind Taemin.
“Yah, hyung.” Taemin moaned and narrowed his eyebrows at him, trying to get all of his attention. “Kiss me more.” he hadn't expected such a request from Taemin, but couldn't deny that he liked it. He looked over his shoulder and mouthed a
Can I? to Key and felt his heart beat up a bit when Key nodded only and turned his back to them.

Onew smiled down at Taemin and leaned in on him to meet his lips in a kiss. He twitched a bit when he felt his mind drifting away again, thinking about those
inappropriate things once more – his hands itched a bit, they wanted to touch Taemin so badly that he just had the feeling he might not be able to control them. In order to keep them busy he put one of them onto Taemins neck and the other one on his head so that he could his hair. Onew opened his eyes for a second, seeing Taemins angelic face right in front of him. He seemed completely relaxed and Onew was glad to see that he seemed to enjoy it as much as he did.
As soon as they broke away from each other Onew could the deep blush on the maknaes face and tried to ignore Key who had turned around again and was grinning at them in a pretty goofy way.

“Good night, Taeminnie.” the leader said. “Sleep tight.”

“You got your
Goodnight kiss now,” Key said teasingly, “time to go now.”

“Neh …” Taemin moaned and let go of his boyfriend slowly, tripping accidentally when he re-joined Key at the door.
“Goodnight, Onew hyung.” Key said and put an arm around Taemins shoulders. “We'll see you at breakfast tomorrow.”

“Yeah.” he replied and smiled brightly when he saw Taemin yawning. “I think Taeminnie's got a little jet lag.”

“Well, no surprise about that though, right?” Key teased. “It's been a pretty long trip, hasn't it?”

“Sure has.” Onew agreed. “The timezones are just very different.”

“I'm not tired …” Taemin insisted and suppressed a second yawn. He hesitated before admitting: “Okay, maybe a little …”

“Let's go to bed now.” Key said and shook his shoulders a bit. “We've got a long day of falling down mountains ahead of us, right?”

________________________________________________________________________________


“Yah! Those shoes hurt!
Get them off of me!”

“Will you
never stop complaining?” Jonghyun rolled his eyes and didn't even flinch when Key seemed to tighten his grip on him. “Just put up with it, you'll get used to it soon enough.”

“But it hurts …”
Onew grinned to himself after taking that close look at Jonghyun and Key on their opposite. It was obvious that Key hate the skiing-shoes,
but that was understandable. They were a real pain at the beginning but once one got used to it they were alright. He was supporting Taemin to get into his own shoes together with Minho. They were both holding one of Taemins hands while he was fighting to get inside his shoes. Taemin was shrieking and squealing continously, complaining about his feet hurting all the time.
“My feet are gonna break …” he moaned and squeezed his eyes shut as he finally managed to get his left foot into the shoe. “Ow!”

“You're doing well, don't worry.” Onew said and squeezed his hand softly. “It'll be over soon.”
Taemin nodded and started squirming his right foot in order to make it fit as well.
Onew could easily remember the first time he had worn those shoes – his feet had hurt a lot, too. That's why he was not judging Key or Taemin for complaining like that.

Though in the end they managed to get ready and as soon as all of them wore their skiing clothes and shoes they went off in order to get skies for everyone. They didn't have to wait long since they were only five people, but still, it took a while until Jonghyun had found fitting skies – the man who gave them said it was difficult to find fitting ones for him because he was so small but weighted as much as any normal guy. Jonghyun obviously disliked being called
so small and seemed more than happy when he finally had everything he needed and when he could follow Minho outside to the bus that would take them to their slope.

When it was Keys, Taemins and Onews turn the man started talking to them in german first, obviously too stupid to figure that they weren't capable of speaking it just like the other two. It was a good thing that they had Key who talked to the man in English and translated it for them, too.
The man was rather tall, thin and muscular and Onew could tell that Key felt small and tiny in front of him.
“I don't speak german.” Key said and raised his hands in defense. “Sorry.”

“Oh, that's okay.” the man said with a smile and waved him off. “May I ask how much you weigh?”
Key waved him over and leaned closer to him, whispering into his ear. “Alright then.” the man replied, raised his thumb at him and went to the back of the place in order to get skies for him.
Taemin and Onew exchanged amused glances and chuckled at Key who only raised an eyebrow.

“Why are you keeping your weight a secret?” Onew asked. “You don't weigh much, I can tell.”

“Yah, I weigh more than him.” Key replied dryly and pointed at Taemin. “And because of that my weight is
none of your business.” Key was handed a pair of skiers and stepped aside, making room for Taemin.
“What about you?” he asked the maknae and smiled friendly. “How much do you weigh?”

“Uh …” Taemin though for a second. “About forty seven kilogram … I think …”

“You're
that light!?” the man asked with his mouth dangling open. He swore in german and examined Taemin from his head to his feet. He seemed to feel uncomfortable with that and quickly covered his body with his hands and arms, earning a soft chuckle from Onew behind him.
“You should eat more.” the man then said and shook his head as he headed back into the back part, returning with a pair of red skiers just a few moments later. “These should be good.” handing him the skies Onew narrowed his eyes in confusion as he took a closer look at them.
“Are you sure these are good?” he asked and stepped forward. “They seem a bit
long …”

“Nah, it will be fine. He'll handle it.” he smiled and pointed at Onew with his index finger. “What about your weight?”

________________________________________________________________________________


They were sitting on a cold and somewhat wet bench, waiting for the bus to depart already. Taemin was rubbing his hands together, trying to warm himself some more even though he was wearing thick gloves and a thick jacket.
“It's cold, hyung.” he complained and breathed out through his mouth, causing a little cloud to appear. “I don't think I can handle it.”

“Don't worry, I'm sure you'll handle it well, Taeminnie.” Onew said and put an arm around his shoulders – he could show that they were together now, there were hardly any people besides themselves and their manager wasn't coming with them because he disliked skiing.
“It'll take some time to get used to it, but you'll handle it well.” he added and kissed Taemins rather cold cheek.

“Neh, maybe …” Taemin whispered and shivered a bit, huddling himself closer into his boyfriends arms.
“Are you sure it'll be fine?” Minho asked all of a sudden and leaned over from the seat row next to Onew and Taemin. “He looks a bit sick …”

“He does?” Onew looked at him a bit closer and actually noticed how pale he had become ever since they had left the house. “Taemin-ah, are you okay?” he asked and took off one of his gloves.
“I'm okay.” Taemin replied and cracked a smile at him. “Just cold …”

“You're quite hot.” Onew said when he put a hand onto his forehead. “Do you have a fever?”

“No …” he moaned in response. “I'm okay. Just a bit cold, that's all … I'm fine.”

“I don't want you to ski if you don't feel well, Taeminnie.” Key suddenly appeared in front of their seats, leaning over his own one so that he could look at them. His brow was furrowed deeply. “That could become dangerous. Plus, I don't want you to get sick.”

“Key Umma …” Taemin said and smiled at him. “Don't worry about me. Like I said – I'm fine.”

________________________________________________________________________________


“You are really planning to push me down that …
that monster of a mountain?”

“Not pushing. Rather making you go down on your own.”
Onew chuckled at the sight of Jonghyun and Key who were standing right next to him – Key looked like he was about to faint when he looked down the mountain they were standing on. Of course they hadn't forgotten about Keys fear of heights, but still they hadn't told him that the mountain they had climbed was actually
really high. It was a good thing that it was so high though. They had an incredible view over the little town back behind the woods ahead of them, they could even see their Hotel on the outer side of it. Apart from that there were mountains in the background, sometimes there were even little black spots on them, making it obvious that there were more slopes they could go to during the next two weeks.


“Don't you dare pushing me, Jonghyun!” he cursed when Jonghyun stepped behind him, grabbing the singer by his waist.
“I'm not gonna push you, calm down.” he chuckled in amusement as he winked at Onew knowingly. The leader returned the wink and turned back to the left, seeing how Taemin was struggling to put on his gloves again. It was really cute to see how the maknae didn't seem to manage to get them on without dropping the skiing-sticks or using his teeth in order to pull them up to his wrists. Onew chuckled and waddled over quickly, grabbing Taemins hands and pulling the fabric up softly.

“There.” he said as Taemin was ready to go. “All done now.”

“Neh.” Taemin replied, his cheeks were all red because of the coldness and yet he still managed to look very beautiful and pretty. “Thanks, Onew hyung.” giving Onew his typical Aegyo-smile the leader found himself smiling at him as well and pulled him into a hug despite their skiers and thick skiing clothes. When he was close to kissing his precious boyfriend he suddenly heard a loud scream next to him and twitched, turning around quickly just like Taemin did.

Onew had been a bit shocked when he had suddenly heard that but as soon as he saw the cause of it he found it rather amusing and started laughing loudly. He saw the shaky figure of Key sliding down the mountain – Jonghyun was still standing next to them, literally laughing his off.

“Did you push him?” Taemin asked while he was trying hard to hide his laughter behind his hand. Jonghyun only managed a nod and kept on laughing and giggling like he was mental. “Mean Appa.” yet, not even when Taemin could hold in his laughter anymore when Key suddenly fell and crashed into a big pile of snow. When Key started screaming and cursing Jonghyun loudly a lot of people turned to stare at him in disbelief and confusion.
Onew figured it must have looked weird – a blonde, Korean guy being stuck in a big pile of snow and cursing in a language that no-one around here could speak.

“You should go and help him out, Jonghyun.” Onew said with another suppressed laughter and picked up the stick Taemin had dropped earlier. “Otherwise you'll be in a lot of trouble later on.”
Jonghyun nodded and kept on grinning brightly as he took off, following Key down the mountain.
Taemin smiled at the sight of his Appa and Umma but turned to Onew again quickly. “Hyung?” he then asked. “Where did Minho hyung go to?”

He was just about to answer when he realized that he actually didn't know. Even though he was a bit worried now he simply told Taemin that Minho was gonna re-join them later on. And then, after a few more moments, he even remembered that the rapper had told him about where he wanted to go to but for some reason his brain just didn't seem to have saved that information.
“I'm sure we'll find him soon, though, don't worry.” he replied and patted Taemins helmet. “Let's go after your Umma and Appa now, okay?”

In the end Onew was quite amazed when he saw how well Taemin was doing. He had expected the maknae to fall, to slide down the mountain without control – but instead Taemin rarely fell, rarely lost control and, most of all, he was rarely in real need of help. Onew couldn't deny that that pissed him off a bit. He had been looking forward to catching him, helping him out and – most of all – to laugh at his clumsiness. So basically, he was only driving after Taemin, watching his back and only having to help him out from time to time. It was because of that that Onew was more than happy – even though he knew he shouldn't have been – when Taemin finally fell, losing one of his skies and crashing down on the snowy ground with his face first.
The leader bit down a grin and quickly headed over to him, stopping right next to him and kneeling down as deeply as his boots would allow it.

“Are you okay?” he asked and watched how Taemin to his side so that his ski was pointing at Onew. He was groaning quietly and raised his hand, rubbing his red nose roughly.
“Ow.” he moaned. Onew figured the fall must have hurt, but still, he could see that it was no big deal since Taemin was not crying – not to mention that a fall like that couldn't do much to you.
“Taemin-ah, are you hurt?” he asked still, quickly taking off his skies and dropping down in the snow next to him. Taemin grimaced slightly and made a face.
“That hurt.” he muttered and curled his nose. “Damn, and I was doing so well … Now I can start again …”

Start again?” he repeated and narrowed his eyebrows in slight amusement. Taemin sat up straight again and shook his head, causing the few strains of hair that were sticking out underneath of the helmet to fly around the cold air.
“Neh.” he said. “I was counting how many turns I could make without falling … Now I have to start again …” without waiting for Onew to say something he pushed himself up and put on the ski he had lost. Getting his hands on his sticks he told Onew that he wasn't gonna wait for him and drove off, grinning at the leader as he did so and sticking his tongue out.

When Onew followed him, having a wide smile spread on his face, he accidentally literally crashed into Minho who was coming down some other mountain. He yelped when he dropped over the rapper, meeting the snowy ground with his back and seeing how Minho landed directly next to him. He had lost both of his skies suddenly as he felt his legs tangled up with Minhos and moaned when he felt a slight pain stinging at the lower part of his back. When he pushed himself into a sitting position he met Minhos gaze and they carefully started entangling their legs.

“Where were you?” Onew asked. “Taemin-ah's asked where you were.”

“I told you.” Minho replied. “I went to a higher mountain than you guys.” he pouted a bit when he saw how two strings of their clothes had become knotted because of the fall. “Those little ones here are not enough, you know.” he gave the leader the usual grin – the one he always got when he wanted to win at sports.
“Yeah, yeah …” Onew said and returned it, helping him to finally get the strings out of each other. “We should go and catch up to Taemin-ah though. He's doing well, Minho … way too well … It's like he went skiing before.”

“Are you mad because of that?”

“O-Of course not …”

“But you seem a bit upset.” Minho chuckled when Onew felt himself blushing and leaned over, pinching his cheeks softly. “Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. Though, you're right. Let's catch up to him and get ourselves something to eat, okay?” Onew nodded and got up to his feet, closing his boot before putting on his skies again. The rapper needed less time than him and he was happy that Minho waited for him so that they could take off together. When they set off and headed down towards the ground again Onew wasn't surprised when Minho turned their skiing into a race, challenging him to get down there before he did. Of course Onew didn't let that chance pass and he tried to get faster but was disappointed deeply when Minho got a huge advance and managed to vanish from his sight rather quickly.
Still, he wasn't mad or anything like that. Instead he only laughed about himself and continued to make his way through the snow, enjoying the feeling of the snowflakes hitting his face and the wind that was blowing around him – how come he hadn't missed skiing before?
When he had been young he went skiing so many times, why didn't he miss it?

Being an Idol had probably caused him to forget about it, right?

Turning around a rather big tree Onew stopped for a second and took of his glasses, looking down at the ground and to the ski hut. He had to narrow his eyebrows and lean forward a bit in order to make out the four figures in front of it – one of them was jumping up and down continously, having two long somethings – probably the skies – in its hand and was waving up at him. He figured it must have been Taemin, especially when the others joined the waving. So Onew got back onto track and tried to get down as quickly as possible.

“Hyung! You're so slow!” Taemin greeted him and let his skies drop into the snow as he hurried towards him, wrapping his arms around Onews neck as soon as the leader had taken of his one skies. “I was faster than you!” he added happily. “Minho hyung was, too! Why are you so slow?”
Onew chuckled only and returned the hug he was receiving, seeing the other three standing right behind the maknae. “I'm not slow.” he said when they broke away. “You guys just got lucky.”

“Neh, right …” Taemin mocked and grinned up at him. “Let's have a race on our last day here, hyung. I bet I can beat you!”

“You wish you could.” Onew replied simply. “You'd stand no chance.”

“Don't get so cocky now, hyung.” Jonghyun was suddenly behind Taemin, putting an arm around the maknaes shoulders. “Taeminnie is doing pretty well for a rookie. If he skies daily he'll probably be better than Minho in the end.”

Hey!” Minho joined him as well, having an offended facial expression. “No-one,” he started, “can be as good as me. Or, let's say it in a better way, no-one will beat me. I hate losing.”
Behind them Onew could see Key rolling his eyes and chuckled, putting his skies onto the stand on his right side. Taemin quickly did the same, followed by the others and together they went inside the ski hut, taking off their gloves, helmets and the other skiing clothes.
The hut was very pretty on the inside. It seemed to be made out of wood completely and there were many old-looking pictures scattered throughout the whole room while there were fake heads of deers and other animals hanging at the walls. Benches had been scattered throughout the room, just like tables, and those were used for the guests to sit and eat at. Apart from that there was a chimney in the back part of it, having a bright fire burning inside of it and giving away a very cozy feeling.

Taemin shivered a bit when they sat down at a table in the back of the restaurant and huddled himself closer to Onew, wrapping his arms around the leaders waist. “I'm cold.” he muttered. “Warm me up, please?”
Grinning Onew put an arm around him and used his free hand in order to take the menu over to them so that they could check it out.

“All of this sounds … weird …” Key said after a few moments. “I can't even pronounce the names.”

“Just take this here.” Jonghyun said and leaned over to him, pointing at something. “This sounds somewhat normal.”

“Do you even know what it is?”

“No, but it sounds okay.”
Key rolled his eyes one more time and shook his head, waving over a waiter and asking – in English of course – what the thing was that Jonghyun had pointed out for him. Onew looked up from the menu he and Taemin were looking at and heard how the man that had come over was telling him that it was some sort of normal german food … potatoes with some sort of salad to it, he couldn't even remember the name of it because it sounded so weird. And yet, in the end, Key decided to order it while Jonghyun ordered something with noodles, Minho ordered a whole Pizza for himself and Onew and Taemin agreed on sharing one.
The SHINee-members kept on talking about all sorts of things while waiting for their food and earned a couple of weird looks from people around them – they were probably not used to hear people speak Korean … though, Onew eyed some of them weirdly, too, when he heard them speak German – compared to Korean it sounded so weird.

While they were talking Taemin continously kept on leaning against his boyfriend, obviously enjoying the feeling of being able to show affection to him like that. Not that Onew didn't enjoy it, in fact he really, really did, but he was always kind of scared of their manager popping out all of a sudden and scolding them for being together like this. That's why he was constantly glancing around the room, making sure that they were still alone … well, alone despite the other guests around them. But when their food came all of those fears vanished completely and he focused on eating and being with s instead of being worried anymore.
Onew watched as Key only eyed his food worriedly, picking at it only instead of eating it. Jonghyun was already stuffing himself with the noodles he had ordered while Minho was quickly eating his Pizza.

“Hyung.” Taemin suddenly cooed and pulled him back out of his thoughts. “Say Ah.”
Onew obeyed without even checking to see what the maknae was up to but was relieved to see that he only intended to feed him a piece of their Pizza. So he ate it – and completely embarrassed himself once again.
He didn't know why but as soon as the hot dough touched his tongue he suddenly had to sneeze badly and accidentally hit the Pizza out of Taemins hand as he quickly had to cover his nose with his hand. The maknae shrieked and twitched, backing off out of surprise – the others stopped in their movements and looked over as well, staring at him in slight shock. Shaking his head and rubbing his nose he looked up again, chuckling softly as he blushed deeply.

“Sorry …” he mumbled and picked up the torn piece of Pizza from the table. “Uhm … Shall I still eat this?”
When he heard Taemin bursting out laughing he couldn't stop himself and laughed, too, hearing how the others joined them rather quickly.

________________________________________________________________________________


When he opened his eyes again he was still in the bus, still being brought back to their Hotel. Onew yawned widely and moved a bit, trying to get himself more comfortable as he felt how Taemins head was still resting on his shoulder. The maknae was still asleep, he had drifted off as soon as they had sat down and Onew had done the same, he didn't know why he woke up again.

Inhaling deeply he took a look around the small bus, seeing that Jonghyun and Minho were also asleep while Key was reading a book. Since he wasn't in the mood of having a conversation he rested his head against Taemins and closed his eyes again, breathing in slow and deeply. He was wondering a bit though – through the hair that was covering Taemins forehead he could feel his head being quite hot and he checked it with his palm he was a bit worried when he realized that it was hotter than this morning. But since he didn't want to wake him now he took a mental note to check up on him as soon as they were back or maybe just tomorrow.

If he was honest with himself, he was a bit too tired to do anything at all now, anyway.

Though, their first day of vacation had been perfect in every single, possible way … after having such a rough start with their manager Onew wouldn't have thought that he'd enjoy it this much.
He couldn't wait for the next day to come.

________________________________________________________________________________