Chapter 9

Precious Love (SaiDa au)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana's POV

SHE'S SO FREAKING ADORABLE! I CAN'T EVEN!

"Dahyunnie loves oreos! Sana gave Dahyunnie oreos! Dahyunnie loves Sana!" Dahyun was squealing while eating her favorite cookies. I was just her head while she was busy eating. I guess this isn't so bad. Dahyun must get the munchies for oreos whenever she's drunk. 

"Are you finished white stuff? Here drink water so you don't get a sore throat after." I try handing her the glass of water when she shyed away from it. She was shaking her head violently while pouting.

"No! Dahyunnie no like water. No water please Sana?" She looked at me with puppy dog eyes and I swear nobody with a heart could say no to dubu right now. I put the glass down and wiped the crumbs of cookies on the edge of . She needs to drink water. She's gonna get dehydrated if she doesn't.

I watch her as she looks intently on the roll of oreos in my jacket pocket. Like a lightbulb going off in my head, I got an idea how to deal with Dahyun. I remembered Chaeyoung asking me if I was good with kids, so if Dahyun's acting like a kid then I guess treating her like a kid might work.

"Do you want more oreos baby?" I talk to her in a voice that I use when talking to my baby nephews. Dahyun jumped up and down the couch while clapping her hands. "Yes pwease! Dahyunnie loves oreos!" I take out one oreo and hand it to her. When she reaches out to take it, I pull my hand back causing her to pout and cross her arms.

"I'll only give the oreo to you if you promise to finish this glass of water, okay Dahyunnie?" She hesitates at first but gives in. "Okay I pwomise. Can Dahyunnie have oreos now?" I hand her the cookie and her eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. Who knew that a simple cookie could make someone so happy?

After finishing the cookie, I hand her the water. She pouts while looking at the glass, obviously upset that she has to drink the whole glass. I scoot near her and look into her eyes, "If you finish the glass, Sana-chan will give you a big hug right after, would you like that my cute little Dahyunnie?" I speak to her in a baby voice. She takes the glass from my hand and slowly drinks it down. When she finished she flipped the glass down, proudly showing she finished it.

"Sana finished! Hug Dahyun now please!" Dahyun was grinning widely with her arms stretched out. I move into her arms and we embrace each other tightly. I was taken aback when she suddenly let go and stood up. She was looking at the dance floor. I realized that she was looking at Jeongyeon and Nayeon dancing. She sprinted towards Jeongyeon and knocked her down on the floor. I rush over to make sure she didn't hurt herself. Ghad she's so hyper. Am I going to keep running after her like this?

"YAH DUBU! WE PLAY BASKETBALL NOT FOOTBALL! WHY'RE YOU TACKLING ME?!?" Jeongyeon was struggling to get up after Dahyun pinned her on the ground. Dahyun was just giggling at Jeongyeon causing the latter to remember that Dahyun was not really Dahyun right now.

"Daddy Jeong Jeong Jeong! Play with Dahyunnie too!" Jeongyeon let out a sigh and carefully pushed Dahyun off her with all her might. She stood up with the help of Nayeon who had a "What the hell is going on?" look plastered on her face. 

"Dahyun this is mommy Nayeon, she's daddy Jeong's girlfriend. You're gonna be nice to her like you're nice to mommy Sana right?" Dahyun nodded up and down and looked at Nayeon like she was memorizing her face.

"Hi baby! I guess I'm your mommy Nayeon then. I'm too pretty to be a mom though but I'll make an exception for you cutiepie!" Nayeon tickled Dahyun on her sides and she just let out the most precious laugh I've ever heard in my life.

Dahyun then gave Nayeon a sweet bear hug. Nayeon returns the hug albeit the confusion of what's happening. "Mommy Nayeon smells like flowers! I like mommy Nayeon!" I have to admit I felt a little jealous hearing that. Looking at Jeong I can see her jealous side coming out although she's controlling it well. She was gritting her teeth and biting her lower lip. Typical jealous Jeongyeon.

"Dahyunnie, go get daddy Jeong and mommy Sana and Nayeon some chips from the kitchen over there please, daddy'll play with you when you come back." Jeongyeon smiles at Dahyun and the latter was off skipping to the kitchen.

Me and Nayeon look at Jeongyeon with smirks on faces. "What the heck was that Jeong? Or should I say Daddy Jeong." Nayeon teasingly asked her partner while trying to hold back her laugh.

"You're one to talk, you're gonna be mommy Nayeon now and I assume you've already met Dahyunnie Sana-chan." Nayeon looks at the both of us still clueless about what's going on.

"Jeong what's wrong with Dahyun? Is she always like this when she's drunk?" I asked Jeongyeon. She just looked down and scratched her head. Silence coming from Jeongyeon was never a good sign. It's either gonna be bad news or something that she doesn't want others to know. She lets out a sigh and starts explaining.

"Dahyunnie comes out when Dubu's usually super drunk but sometimes also when she's stressed or wakes up abruptly.She doesn't like to talk about it. Only her family, me and Chaeng knows about this. It's her mental disorder. She's taken therapy for it and she's improved greatly, but she just has episodes every now and then. This is one of the better episodes."

I zone out at the mention of "mental disorder". I didn't know that Dahyun was suffering from something like this. Then again you could never really say who's suffering from a mental illness. People could look totally fine outside but have a storm brewing on the inside. I then felt the pit of my stomach churn. Dahyun I'll protect you. I'll take care of you. I promise.

"So why are we mommy Nayeon and mommy Sana again?" Nayeon's shrill voice disengaged me from my thoughts. The mention of my name caused me to turn my attention now to the couple. Jeongyeon chuckled at her girlfriend's question.

"You guys are the mommies because that's what Dahyun pictures you to be. She calls me daddy because of my short hair I guess. I'm fine with that since I don't really fit the mom role well. I just want to protect her. We all need to protect her." Jeongyeon said seriously. She can't get hurt again. Never again. I failed once but I swear I won't let that happen again.

"And why is that Jeong?" Nayeon asked.

"Well Dahyun sometimes becomes a handful and gets into trouble easi-"

*CRASH* "UWAAAAAH! DADDY JEONG! MOMMY NAYEON! MOMMY SANA! UWAAAH!" 

"ly" Jeongyeon let out a sigh and we all head to the kitchen. There were broken plates everywhere and in the middle of the mess was a crying Dahyun sitting on the floor. "Thank she didn't break mom's China." said Jeongyeon while checking the plates.

"Are you seriously more worried about the plates than our baby? You're an awful dad Jeongie. I don't think we should have kids anymore." Nayeon huffed away from Jeongyeon and went to get the vacuum to take care of the mess. 

"Aww c'mon babe! I just didn't want to get in trouble! Nayeon I'm sorry!" Jeongyeon chased after Nayeon while apologizing. I was left to take care and calm Dahyun down. 

"Baby what happened? Are you okay?" I asked her while carefully making my way through the shards of glass and ceramics. I held her up and she clung to me like a baby koala. She was bawling her eyes out and was shaking.

"i-I didn't mean to b-break the plates *sniff* Is daddy Jeong m-mad at me?" Her tears fell non-stop and my arms just automatically wrap around Dahyun. 

"Shhh. Don't cry Dahyunnie, Jeongyeon's not mad at you, she was just worried because you might've hurt yourself." With that said I checked her hands and feet for any cuts. Thank heavens I didn't find any. 

I her face slowly while hugging her. I could feel her finally calming down. I push her chin up to talk to her and her eyes are just bloodshot now. Whatever they made her drink, it's definitely strong and her body's not adjusting well to it. She suddenly burrowed her face into my chest and started bawling again.

I hear the muffled voices of Nayeon and Jeongyeon getting louder. "I still can't believe you chose these damned plates over baby Dahyun." Nayeon said while carrying the nozzle of a vacuum cleaner. "Aww she still hasn't calmed down yet Sana-chan?" Nayeon then vacuumed up the broken shards around us. 

"She did for a sec but then she saw Jeong and started crying again. She thinks Jeongyeon's mad at her for breaking the plates." I told Nayeon, who then sent a death glare to Jeongyeon.

"How am I the bad guy here? She was the one who broke my plates!" Upon hearing that Dahyun then let out a loud bawl that just shattered my heart. I genuinely don't know anymore how to calm Dahyunnie down.

 "You better fix this Yoo Jeongyeon! Or I swear you are definitely not ending up with me in the future." Nayeon then pushed the vacuum violently to Jeongyeon's chest and went to coddle Dahyun. Jeongyeon bent down and started talking or more like begging to Dahyun.

"Dubu, I'm not mad at you okay? Stop crying now please? Mommy Nayeon's getting mad at me and I don't want you both upset with me. Please stop crying Dahyunnie." Jeongyeon pleaded to Dahyun but still she wouldn't stop crying.

I felt someone leaning over us. I looked up and tried to stand up, only to be pulled down into place by the baby koala hugging me. I let out a gasp and giddily tapped Jeongyeon and Nayeon with my free hand. They both turned around and gave the person a big hug.

"JIHYO UNNIE! YOU'RE BACK! WE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" Nayeon unnie squealed while caging Jihyo in her arms. Jihyo was finally back from a leadership summit she attended overseas. She was our student body president so she was delegated to go to Thailand for 1 week together with her boyfriend and our vice-president Jin.

"You didn't bring anything back from Thailand? How about Jin? does he have something for me?" Jeongyeon gave Jihyo a body check looking for gifts. Three of us scoffed at Jeongyeon.

"Great to see that you missed me too Jeongyeon." said Jihyo with a sarcastic tone. She then noticed Dahyun still crying on my shoulders. She bent down and started combing her fingers through Dahyun's baby hairs on the tip of her forehead.

"And hello who's this little cutie patootie and who made her cry?" We all then gave menacing looks at Jeongyeon and she just put her hands up in defeat. We looked at Dahyun and then we looked at Jihyo and we all had one thought going through our head.

"JIHYO!" We all said in unison. 

"Wae? wae? What's wrong?" Jihyo asked widening her already wide brown eyes in shock.

"Jihyo unnie please make her calm down. If anyone can calm her down it's you!" I pleaded, Jihyo was looking at us with utter confusion. Although she didn't know what was happening, her motherly instinct kicked in and she gently removed Dahyun from my arm, transferring her onto hers.

"Hi! My name's Jihyo, I'm Sana-chan's friend. What about you? What's your name?" Jihyo was softly speaking  to Dahyun. She was gently rocking Dahyun back and forth while humming a sweet melody, as if she was lulling her to calm down. After a few sniffles

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter