Chapter 3

Precious Love (SaiDa au)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana's POV

"Woah. I thought this was just a tryout Nayeon unnie? Why are there so many people?" Sana, Mina and Momo looked around the gym. The three were amazed that the bleachers were packed with people ready to watch the game.

"You know how the team's players are the hottest girls on campus. Of course everyone's gonna wanna watch Sana." said Nayeon unnie while eyeing out the players stretching in the other side of the court.

"Yah where are you looking at? Are those girls giving you sticky stares? Or the boys over there who look like they wanna take you from me?" Jeongyeon started questioning Nayeon. I swear Jeongyeon unnie is the epitome of a jealous girlfriend.

"Awww. Is my baby Jeongie jealous? You know I only have eyes for you baby." Nayeon cupped Jeongyeon's face and looked into the latter's eyes. She knew how to control Jeongyeon unnie's jealous outbursts. I just hope Jeongyeon unnie can control her bunny from flirting with others.

"You guys sit here by the benches so you can see me shoot 3-pointers. Also so I can keep an eye on my bunny princess." Jeongyeon guided us to our courtside seats. While we were making our way to the seats, I was searching through the crowd and the players for Dahyun. Will she come?

We finally got to our spot and there was no sign of white stuff. I guess she's not coming. I was disappointed that she didn't come but she looked like she was really unsure of coming anyways.

Just as everyone was settling down, the gym doors swung open and 2 silhouettes appeared. They walked into the gym and everyone turned their attentions to the duo.

"Yah isn't that Kim Dahyun? She was the best pointguard during her days in high school."

"Yeah. I heard she led her team to the nationals and won."

"Wah I didn't know that Dahyun and Son Chaeyoung went to our school. Looks like our team has a chance of beating YG Uni now that they're gonna be on the team"

"Son Chaeyoung once played out a game even though she was injured. She managed to drop 32 points before she finally got benched. They gave her the nickname "Tiger" because she was so aggressive and was basically roaring through the pain." 

"She and Dahyun would surely make it in the team, they might even be better than the current members!"

The other students seem to be amazed at Dahyun and her friend Chaeyong. I wonder why you said you weren't good anymore. People continued to talk about the two. Everyone was excited to see them play together against the school team.

"Assa! You guys came!" We turned our attention to Jeongyeon unnie who was stretching her neck out like an ostrich. She jogged towards Dahyun and her friend. She took the duo by the hands and were coming our way. Wait they're coming here? Do I look fine? Is my hair messy? Why am I nervous? I looked at Momo and Nayeon who were walking to meet Jeongyeon. I turned to Mina and saw her stuck in place. Is Mina okay?

"Guys this is Dahyun and Chaeyoung. We used to be teammates in high school. Nayeonie, these were the girls I was telling you about." Jeongyeon introduced them to us and I locked eyes with Dahyun. I swear your chocolate brown eyes will be the death of me.

"Sana? Mina? Stop staring at them and shake their hands." Momo nudged me and Mina out of our daze.

"Uhh oh hi Dahyun and Chaeyoung. My name is Sana. Sana Minatozaki. This is Momo Hirai and Mina Myoui." I introduced us to them.

"Don't worry Sana-ssi. We know who you guys are. Everybody knows the prettiest girls on campus. Right Dahyun?" Chaeyoung bumped Dahyun's shoulder and moved her eyebrows up and down. What was that about?

"Jeongyeon let's get the tryouts over with. I want to get to know your friend there more." Chaeyoung winked at Mina. Mina put her head down. I think I just saw Mina blush for the first time.

"Alright. You guys seem warmed up anyways. I'll tell coach to get things started." Jeongyeon, Dahyun and Chaeyoung bid us goodbye and made their way to the court to join the other players.

"Looks like Minari's gonna have a girlfriend now. She's a girl crush like Jeongyeon with her short hair cut. " Momo teased Mina.

"Shut up Momoring." Mina was now beet red. Chaeyoung's wink definitely got to our penguin friend.

A loud whistle silenced the the gym. "The tryouts will start now. Players please stand in line according to your height. We will start evaluating your basic fundamentals first. That includes dribbling, shooting and passing." said the coach of the team. Jeongyeon as the captain, started showing the newbies what they needed to do.

"Alright so for our first exercise, you guys have to dribble through the players guarding you, shoot from any range and then dribble back here again to the baseline. Chaeyoung? Care to start? You are the smallest one here." Jeongyeon passed Chaeyoung the ball and threw her a teasing look.

"Stop teasing me about my height. I can't do anything about it okay?" Chaeyoung retorted pouting like a child.

Chaeyoung took a deep breath. She started dribbling the ball and then darted through the players with ease. Everyone was gasping, amazed at the girl's agility. When she passed all the people guarding her, she pulled up into a perimeter jumpshot.

Swish. The cub looked at our direction and winked. The girls behind us were swooning at the small flirting action Chaeyoung was doing. Me and the others knew that the wink was for Mina though. Apparently Mina knew this too and couldn't help but put out her gummy smile.

Cheers can be heard for Chaeyoung throughout the gym. The other girls started doing the exercise. Some missed their shots, others lost the ball while dribbling and some couldn't get by their defender.

The screams and cheers suddenly got louder. Louder than when it was Chaeyoung's turn. I looked at the front of the line and saw Dahyun putting her hair in a messy bun.

Alright white stuff, let's see what you got.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dahyun's POV

I missed this. The sound of sneakers screeching against the floor, the sound of the net when it swishes, getting sweaty and pumped up and the crowd cheering. Speaking of cheering, woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter