(Chapter 11)

Precious Love (SaiDa au)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To make amends for the long absence and ty updates recently, I present to you a Michaeng and 2yeon centered chapter. I hope you guys will enjoy it!

 

After the party, Mina stayed behind to coordinate with Nayeon at Jeongyeon's house about helping her with the dance acts for their musical. It was supposed to be a meeting with Momo but since the girl disappeared to god knows where in the middle of the night, Mina offered to help Nayeon choreograph some of the ballet scenes. 

When Chaeyoung learned that Mina was staying behind, the girl immediately decided that she would also not be leaving the Yoo mansion just yet. A wide smile was plastered on the baby beast's face. Mina staying behind meant all the more time Chaeyoung can spend with her, while Chaeyoung staying behind meant more blushing and embarrassment for the penguin. Mina urged Chaeyoung to go home since she was just fed up of Chaeyoung's flirty ways all through the night before.  But of course the stubborn cub refused to go home.

"Oh come on let me stay Minari. This isn't even your house for you to kick me out." Chaeyoung says while pouting. Her round glistening puppy dog eyes forced Mina to turn to Jeongyeon but the latter just puts her hands up. After years of knowing Chaeyoung and her stubbornness, the older no-jam brother already knows that her dongsaeng wasn't leaving anytime soon.

"Nothing I say will get her out of my house Mina. I know. I tried everything." says Jeongyeon while she was backhugging her bunny girlfriend. Nayeon on the other hand was giggling at the events unfolding in front of her. It wasn't everyday that she's able to see Mina get so worked up about another person, well except for Momo's eating habits. Mina just hated that it would take Sana, Nayeon and herself to get Momo cleaned up after every meal. But seeing Mina deal with Chaeyoung was amusing for the oldest because for once, she actually saw that Mina was wavering, not in control of the things around her because of Chaeyoung's spontaneous and charming personality. Looks like our Pengmina's met her kryptonite. 

"I could literally kick her out of here and she'd still pop up miraculously on my couch eating my ice cream." Jeongyeon adds while snuggling more into Nayeon's neck.

Mina just closes her eyes in defeat. She was getting a headache and started massaging her temples. She gives a deep sigh and finally gives up after a barrage of whining and pleading from the younger.

"Fine. You can stay. Just keep quiet okay and please enough with the flirting." Mina says while looking at the ground all embarrassed. She felt like she just admitted like she was being affected by Chaeyoung's cheesy lines. Although she knows that Chaeyoung is making her feel things that she hasn't felt before, she wouldn't dare admit it because that's simply not who Mina Myoui is.

Chaeyoung fists pumps the air and utters a loud "Yes!". Mina looks at her with narrowed eyes and the cub does a zipping motion with her hands over . Just as Mina was about to turn away, Chaeyoung gives her a playful wink. Butterflies invade the ballerina's stomach and her cheeks turn a flushed pink. If you'd just stop flirting and talk to me normally, we'd get along so much better. She didn't want Chaeyoung to know that she wanted to actually spend time with her, to get to know her. She just couldn't help blushing every time the baby tiger complimented her eyes, her smile or basically just anything that she does.

As Nayeon and Mina were busy discussing the details of Nayeon's musical in the living room, Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung were busy staring at the two girls from a distance in the other room. With their heads propped on their hands and their elbows as a stand on the table, the two gazed into the people who are currently lighting up their lives.

"Isn't she just the prettiest?" Jeongyeon asks Chaeyoung while looking rather smitten at her significant other. Meanwhile, Chaeyoung without averting her gaze at Mina's side profile and with thoughts only of her, answered the older, "I know. She just takes my breath away. Like after you make me jog 10 laps whenever I'm late. That kind of breathless."

Jeongyeon smacks Chaeyoung on the back of her head causing the latter to turn wide-eyed. Had the former used more force, Chaeyoung's head would've collided with the table. 

"Yah Nayeon's mine cub! Only mine!" Jeongyeon screams in a jealous rage. Chaeyoung laughs at her very jealous unnie. Whenever Jeongyeon gets jealous, it always brings amusement to Chaeyoung because in a world where nothing seems to bother Jeongyeon, show her a guy just standing anywhere near Nayeon and she will run to her side to secure what's hers. Jeongyeon knows that Nayeon, Tzuyu and the Japanese trio are, if not, the most coveted girls in their university. Although she has made it very, very known to everyone at campus that she and Nayeon are dating, the team captain was just innately the jealous type. It doesn't matter who it be, as long as it's not herself who Nayeon's looking at, Jeongyeon will turn green with envy.

"Relax unnie, I was talking about the perfection beside her." Chaeyoung points towards Mina. The way Mina looks so serious while putting together a concept with Nayeon mesmerizes the baby cub. If that wasn't enough, Mina just had to flash her gummy smile when Nayeon tried to poorly execute a twirl.  

 "But still though, Nayeon is the prettiest." Jeongyeon says to her dongsaeng. Chaeyoung chuckles and turns to her no-jam hyung.

"I'm sorry hyung but it's Mina who's the prettiest." Chaeyoung gives Jeongyeon a menacing look and the latter returns the favor. The tension in the air gets thicker and soon the two lovestruck players are pressing their foreheads against each other in a petty but heated argument.

"No, Nayeon is the prettiest!"

"No. Mina is the prettiest!"

"Nayeon!"

"Mina!"

"NAYEON!"

"MINA!"

The two both grumble in the face of one another. Both are not backing down, exhibiting the same want and need to win the dilemma. Their eyes filled in a competitive rage, somewhat like the competitive rage both showed during the match they had before.

Hearing their names being shouted across the other room, Nayeon and Mina stood up to check why their names were being screamed by Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung. They arrive to find the two locked in a loud match with their names as the medium.

"Yah! Yoo Jeongyeon! I'm sure the neighbors know our names now! Stop letting the whole block know who we are!" Nayeon joins in loudly voicing her own thoughts. Being the calm one in the group, Mina also let's them know a piece of her mind but in a more calm, elegant manner.

"You guys, shouting at the top of your lungs won't solve whatever argument you have." Mina delivers it so calmly that everyone loosens up a little. It wasn't until Nayeon's curiousness which got the two stubborn players riled up again.

"So why were you guys calling us? We were in the middle of something important." Nayeon says with her eyebrows furrowed and her arms crossed on her stomach.

The two were still in an intense staring contest. You could almost see the flickers of static in between them. It was Jeongyeon who broke the silence between them having thought of an idea to settle their debate.

"You know what, Mina's right, shouting won't prove anything. So let's take this to the court beast. 1on1. Winner gets to say who's prettier." Jeongyeon says with a determined face. Nayeon throws her head back and breaks into a hysteric laughter when she finds out what the duo were fighting about. Meanwhile Mina's cheeks and ears were donning a shade of red at the thought that Chaeyoung thinks that she's prettier than her Nayeon unnie.

Nayeon looks into her partner's eyes and cups both her cheeks in her hands. "I love that you think I'm the prettiest babe, but you guys don't need to fight over that." says the bunny-toothed girl to Jeongyeon. 

"But it's true babe you are the prettiest!" For a second, Jeongyeon tunrs soft with her cheeks in Nayeon's hands. Chaeyoung of course had to agitate her again.

"Prettiest next to my Minari."Chaeyoung mumbles under her breath. Jeongyeon manages to hear that and glares towards the younger.

"Argh that's it! Ball and court now cub!" Jeongyeon storms off to the Yoo's personal half-court with a huffing Chaeyoung in tow.

Nayeon just bows her head and releases a deep breath. She knows that she couldn't stop Jeongyeon. If anything would rival with her girlfriend's jealousy, it would be her competitiveness. And with Chaeyoung triggering both, there was no chance that Jeong would look the other way and just let it be. I love you but you're such an idiot sometimes Jeong.

"Come on Mina, let's just keep an eye on them in case they grab each other's throat." Nayeon places her hand on Mina's lower back, slightly pushing her to walk. When they all got to the court, Jeongyeon was putting on her basketball shoes, meanwhile Chaeyoung was making some practice shots. The two forced audience were seated on the side of the court. Just as Jeongyeon was getting up from tying her shoelaces, Chaeyoung passed the ball aiming at her unnie's face. The ball takes Jeongyeon by surprise and she grumbles at the cub for almost hitting her face. If it wasn't for her lightning fast reflexes, she would've gotten a bleeding nose from the strength of Chaeyoung's pass. She looks at the cub and smirks. She sees the intensity in the eyes of the younger. I see you're playing seriously today Chaeng. You must really like Minari huh cub?

"So what're the rules? You came up with this idea so how do you want to do this?" Chaeyoung asked while stretching her arms to the side.

"Typical streetball game. Points in the arc counts as 1, beyond the arc gets 2. First to 11 gets to say who's prettier. Anything to add cub?" Jeongyeon asks Chaeyoung while dribbling the ball. The cub dives in with such speed that she stole the ball from her unnie.

"Yep. That Mina's prettier." Chaeyoung winks at Mina before sinking in a perimeter shot. "SO I guess that's first ball for me?" Jeongyeon just scoffs and shakes her head at her dongsaeng. Showoff like usual. Jeongyeon runs down the hoop to get the ball.

"Alright I see you're warmed up, now let's see you get another on me when I'm actually paying attention." Jeongyeon passes the ball to Chaeyoung and gets ready to defend against the tiger. Chaeyoung meanwhile starts to dribble the ball in between her legs and gets ready to make her move.

Nayeon and Mina look at the two with much anticipation. Nayeon has already seen Jeongyeon's exceptional skills on the court numerous times before because she went to pretty much all of the latter's games. The bunny attended the games to show her support for her girlfriend and also JYPU but sometimes she can't also help but appreciate the other team as well, especially the smoldering players from Bangtan College. Mina on the other hand, only knows of Jeongyeon's amazing skills through her friends' stories and on the school paper whenever the team got featured. She seldom goes to the games because Mina prides herself in her school works so she focuses most of time and energy in earning good grades. Although they have already seen the no-jam brothers go head to head at the tryout game, the atmosphere today was different.

Chaeyoung drove into the paint and was t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter