Chapter 8

Precious Love (SaiDa au)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Freezing. That's all that Dahyun was feeling right now. After walking Sana home to her luxurious mansion, Dahyun found herself walking alone, without her trusty hoodie on her. She doesn't mind though. All that's going through her mind now was that she gonna have another date with Sana in about an hour. It didn't help that Sana's house was on the other side of Seoul, so now Dahyun was trekking the cold night all by herself.

8:24 Holy I actually made it home. It took Dahyun 1 train ride, 3 bus changes and one hell of a marathon to get to her house in more or less an hour. Her dorm was much nearer but since Dahyun didn't want to make Sana walk all the way to Jeongyeon's party. she had to come home to pick up her car. She took a quick shower and went to her bedroom to pick out what she would wear for the night.

Too bright. She referred to the sequin studded shirt she pulled out

Too laid back. She added the beige sweater to the pile on the bed.

Why did I even consider this? She  was about to take off the the skin tight black dress when Dahyun heard knocks on her door.

"Dahyun dear is that you? I heard the shower running, are you home cupcake?"  Dahyun's mother asked from outside the hallway. It had occurred to Dahyun that in her rush to get ready, she forgot to let her parents know she was coming home. The girl opened the door and kissed her mother on the cheek.

"Oh wow cupcake where are you going at this hour? And wearing that? Won't you get cold?" Dahyun's mother asked.

"I'm trying to find clothes to wear to Jeongyeon unnie's party eomma. We're celebrating the school's new girls' basketball team and guess who's their new pointguard mom? Hint it's me! I made the team eomma!" The loving mother smiled tenderly at her daughter and patted her head softly. There was a twinge of worry in the eyes of Dahyun's mother and the girl knew why. Her mother was worried about her condition but nonetheless was happy for her daughter's achievement.  

"Aigoo! Your father would be thrilled to hear that you made the team. He's still on his way home so I'll tell him later. Congratulations dear! Remember to always be careful and don't push yourself too hard." Dahyun was enveloped in a warm hug. She happy that her mother received the news well. Although Dahyun can hear her mother's concern for her, she was elated that she always had the support she needed from her family. Noticing that she was still in the tight black dress, Dahyun parted from the embrace of her mother.

"I have to change now eomma. I can't show up like this or Chaeng will just tease me to death." Dahyun joked to her mother. Mrs. Kim laughed knowing what Chaeyoung was like, she treated the latter like she was her own daughter as well.

"Well since Chaeyoung is coming and Jeongyeon is the host, I trust that you'll be safe in that party. You know your limits Kim Dahyun. No repeats of the last parties okay Dahyunnie?" Dahyun playfully saluted to her mother even though hearing Dahyunnie irked her more than it should. In turn, her mother gave her another kiss on the cheek. Her mother left to set the dinner table for when her father would arrive. The departure of Dahyun's mother put her now back to her clothing dilemma.

Time check 9:03  why do I care so much of what I wear today? It's not like I'm the host or anything. I still have to pick up Sana.

Dahyun then simply grabbed a yellow shirt and tucked it in to her high-waisted white pants and donned a bomber jacket over it. It was a simple style yet expressed everything of who Dahyun was as a person. Simple, beautiful and cool. She looked cute and pretty but the same time had this badass aura around her.

She took a twirl in front of her mirror and after straighntening a few wrinkles out of her shirt and pants, she was off to get the keys to her car.

"Eomma? Have you seen my keys? I can't find them anywhere in the drawer." Dahyun was frantically shoving the keys around. 

"Oh I forgot to tell you your brother used it for the day since the tires to his were flat. He didn't know you'd come home to use it tonight." Dahyun sighed heavily. It was her first time picking Sana up and she was gonna be late. "Okay mom! I'm leaving now! I'll visit again soon! I love you! hug dad and Myungsoo for me!" Dahyun shouted from the garage, still bothered on what she's gonna do to reach Sana in time.

Dahyun's head was hanging low when something shiny caught her eye. At the far corner of their key drawer, Dahyun spotted the answer to her problem.

Oh baby I forgot about you. But you're perfect for tonight. Let's go for a ride.

Dahyun opened the garage door and pulled out the cover for what she referred to as her baby. Wiping away the dust that got under the cover, Dahyun smiled as she marveled over her baby. It was a black and red Ducati 848 Evo. She had gotten it on her 16th birthday after pleading to her father to get her a Ducati when they watched the grand prix then. Deeming it was a time for Dahyun to learn responsibility, the man of the house decided that he would pay for half of the price of her dream bike. After much searching and googling Dahyun had found the second hand but well maintained Evo. The budget seemed doable since her father was going to pay half of it. The girl went through numerous part time jobs, did tutoring, and anything that would help her reach her goal. When they finally wheeled the motorcycle home, the love and care Dahyun put into it made it shine like it was brand new.

Placing her helmet on her head and grabbing another one for her soon-to-be passenger, Dahyun climbed on the Evo and started the engine. Time check 9:15. Dahyun had 15 minutes to get to Sana's place and she didn't want to be late. She wheeled out of the driveway and Dahyun revved the engine a few times getting her fired up along with the motorcycle.

Well. Time to set a new record. Cross the city of Seoul in under... 13 minutes. You got this Dahyun.

 The pointguard pushed down the tinted visor of her helmet and with the flick of her wrist she was off. Dahyun was going at literally 100 km/h if not more. She was swerving and going in between every vehicle he could squeeze through. She was like in a race where everyone on the road was her competition. If Dahyun could pick something she was better at basketball, it would be riding her motorcycle. She was no stranger to the speed and adrenaline her baby had to offer. After all, she almost did get into trouble by getting coaxed into drag racing 4 years ago. It was her "relaxing" hobby as she would describe it but Chaeyoung referred to it as "are you mental? You could get hurt moron!" type of hobby. After barely escaping the cops from a wild goose chase of going through dark alley ways, Dahyun has never ridden her Evo since for the fear that the police might recognize her cycle. But like everything that is cool about the pointguard, racing through the city came naturally to her. The sound of her revving engine echoed through the streets as she passed through numerous cars in a flash. The streams of lights passed through Dahyun's eyes and cars who she barely scrapes by honk furiously at the speeding roadster. She was unfazed though because she only had one goal; Get to Minatozaki manor pronto.

Finally arriving at Sana's subdivision, Dahyun took a sharp left turn at Sana's block and parked her cycle in front of her gate.

9:27. Would you look at that? I still have time to spare and I set a new record. Dahyun leaned on her cycle while waiting for Sana to come down. She took her phone out of her pocket and browsed on her snapchat. Seeing the snaps from Jeongyeon, she saw that the party was in full swing now. It came to her that the party was scheduled to start at 9. So why did she want me to pick her up at 9:30? Then just like that, the person who was just in her mind was now making her way out the gate.

Dahyun's jaw dropped at the sight of the girl. Sana was wearing a white crop top with a short denim jacket over her revealing her glimmering abdomen. She partnered her top with a figure hugging blue checkered skirt. 

If Dahyun had literally sped through time to get infront of Sana, the world made up for it and had now made everything slow down for the pointguard. Like something out of a movie, Sana seemed to be walking in slo-mo while running her fingers through her hair. Dahyun couldn't help but gulp at the Japanese's bright red lips. With every step closer Sana got, the more Dahyun felt like her heart was gonna jump out of her chest. How can she be so y yet frigging adorable at the same time? That's cheating right? She looks so 

"Pretty"Dahyun blurted that last part out softly under her breath. It was loud enough for Sana to hear her though. The latter chuckled at the supposed to be unspoken compliment.

"Thank you white stuff, do you prefer this over our PE uniform?" Sana jokingly asked with reference to the earlier slip the pointguard also made.

"Were you waiting for long Dahyun-ah? I'm sorry if I took a while to get ready... Dahyun? Are you okay?"  Dahyun shook her head to regain composure. She had spaced out in front of Sana and was now blushing intensely.

"I uhh no, I wasn't waiting for long. You look.... amazing Sana-chan"Sana's cheeks were rosy but Dahyun's compliment added another red shade to it. Dahyun took a brief pause because she knew amazing was an understatement, every word she could think of didn't seem fit to perfectly describe the Japanese beauty.

"Uhh thanks Dubu... you don't look bad yourself." Sana thought that Dahyun looked so badass from the moment she saw her from their front door. Unbeknownst to the pointguard, Sana almost tripped while walking because her eyes were nearly fixed on Dahyun. The "big boy bike" as Sana refers to it, only added to the younger's appeal.

After a lingering moment of admiring each other's looks, Dahyun finally snapped out of Sana's entrancing being and gestured to her cycle.

"I'm so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter