Chapter 14

Precious Love (SaiDa au)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Well look who's back from the dead. You have anything to eat? Because Tzuyu won't cook for me. Tall Yoda has been on her phone for weeks now. Apparently she met someone at Jeong's party." Dahyun rolled her eyes at the greeting Chaeyoung gave her. She wasn't expecting anything grand but an 'I miss you' would've been preferable. Tzuyu passed by Dahyun with a wave at her unnie's face but not even lifting her face from her cellphone.

"Even if I wasn't on the phone, I still wouldn't cook for you." said the tall maknae as she goes into her room closes the door behind her. 

"She still keeps that minimum words in a sentence thing huh?" says Dahyun as she throws herself onto their sofa that she missed so so much.

"Oh you should've heard her go at me when I brought Mina here. She went on and on about how she was studying and my flirting being the most annoying thing to hear in the world." Apparently, Chaeyoung was "failing" her Algebra and Mina has been assigned or from her view, sentenced by the student council to tutor the cub as part of a freshman assistance program. Dahyun and Chaeyoung were laughing when Tzuyu went out to get a glass of water, eyes still glued to her phone.

"Any chance you'll introduce your textmate to us Yoda?" Dahyun aks as she stands on her tippy toes to glance at the mystery contact of their maknae. Being the tall person she is, Tzuyu succeeds in keeping her mystery friend a secret. Chaeyoung tries her hand at next by trying to "stealthily" take the Taiwanese's phone away. Tzuyu coolly dodges the attack and makes it to her room. She thinks it was the last of her unnies' attempt but the constant yelling and knocking on her door says otherwise. Tzuyu groans and scratches her head in an annoyed manner. All she wanted was some peace and quiet. Having only Chaeyoung around the past weeks was tolerable to say the least but now with Dahyun's return, the duo's ability to annoy her was multiplied by 100. She was in the midst of acquiring a headache when the notification light to her phone lights up. She smiles, already knowing who it was who texted her. She was about to reply when another series of knocking blares on her ears. Argh okay this needs to stop now.

The door swings open and a visibly annoyed Chou Tzuyu greets them. "Chaeyoung unnie has been taking Mina unnie into your room Dahyun unnie." She gives Chaeyoung an apologizing look and closes the door. She didn't want to sell out Chaeyoung but she knows that it'll probably give her enough time to finish a decent phone call with her secret someone before the duo remembers about it later. It was a cheap shot but she knows it'll definitely keep the two busy for a while.

"And who the hell told you to take a girl into my room?!" Dahyun now had Chaeyoung by the collar and the cub whimpered in front of the angry tofu. Dahyun values privacy a lot, which is why she has her hideout and knowing that Chaeyoung was well aware of that angers the pale girl even more. "Did you do anything nasty in my room? Be honest cub or you're gonna be greeting Mina with a broken arm tomorrow."

"What? No! We just hang there since your room is biggest one here. But..." Chaeyoung looks at the ground and starts to fiddle with her fingers.

"But what beast?" Dahyun thought back to the contents of her room She then remembered that she had forgotten to hide her oreos and chocopies before disappearing. "Please tell me you didn't touch my food Chaeng. I don't wanna be a murderer tonight."

"Did I ever tell you that you're the most generous and loving and kind most merciful best friend in the whole wide world Dubu?" Chaeyoung breaks into aegyo as her last resort to calm her angry roommate. Dahyun locks the cub in a playful headlock and the two childishly play around. It was around midnight when Dahyun does indeed remember Tzuyu's mystery textmate. The two couldn't believe that their maknae was the first one of them to be dating. Dahyun had just started getting to know and be comforatable with Sana after all that has happened between them, while Mina just found Chaeyoung to be an annoying flirt. The latter has yet to realize that all Mina wants is for her to just approach her normally with a hi, not with a blush-inducing compliment everytime they would see each other. 

 Dahyun and Chaeyoung both decide to turn in for the night to get as much rest possible because they have basketball practice with Jeongyeon and the team tomorrow. Dahyun gets up from the couch and heads to her room. "I'm going to bed. Good night overly small person."

"Good night overly white person." replies Chaeyoung who was on the way to her room as well.

"Good night overly tall person." Dahyun and Chaeyoung simutaneously say out of habit although they know that Tzuyu would be asleep.

Dahyun gets into her bed and the relaxing feeling of ending the day with her bestfriends envelop her. It felt warm and loving, it felt like home. She looks up to the white ceiling and the thoughts of a certain Japanese enters her mind. From relaxed and calm, she was suddenly feeling giddy and excited for the next day to come. She would see Sana Minatozaki and this time, there was no need to stay away from her smile, her hazel eyes and her puffy white cheeks. This was the chance Dahyun was waiting for, the chance to finally be with Sana. With the Japanese's smile being the last thing she envisions before letting her mono-lidded eyes surrender to sleep, Dahyun has never been thankful to end a day on such a wonderful note.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day rolls around and Dahyun and Chaeyoung meet up for lunch in the school cafeteria. Tzuyu usually had lunch with them but as Chaeyoung told Dahyun, Tzuyu was now often MIA due to spending time with Tzuyu's textmate who they endearingly refer to as "mystery textmate".

They enter the cafeteria and make their way through the sea of students. A few hi-fives here and there were given to the two star players. They were looking for a vacant table when they both feel an annoying heavy weight on their necks. It was Jeongyeon draping her arms over her two dongsaengs trapping them in a dual headlock.

"Argh unnie! You're a heavy ostrich you know that?" Chaeyoung's remarks earn her a smack to the back of her head and a tightening of the headlock.

"Jeong let go... can't breathe.." Dahyun was tapping out of Jeongyeon's hold since it was getting tighter on her end due to Chaeyoung's squirming. An overprotective Nayeon comes in and saves the suffocating pale girl and barely breathing baby beast.

"Yoo Jeongyeon you let those kids go right now!" Nayeon screams at her and the team captain holds her hands up to the side as if she was caught doing a heinous crime. Dahyun and Chaeyoung fall onto the floor gasping and wheezing.

Sana, Mina, Jihyo and Jin  emerge from the background. The two Japanese immediately darts towards Dahyun and Chaeyoung respectively.

"Are you alright Dahyun-ah?" Sana looks at Dahyun with such concern that Dahyun doesn't know whether she was still breathless because of the headlock or because of the beautiful girl in front of her now. "I'm... okay... Sana...chan." says Dahyun in between her labored breathing.

Chaeyoung was still panting but she could clearly make out that it was Mina who was beside her. "Chaeyoung are you fine?" Mina gently rubs the cub's back, hoping that it'll somehow help. "I'm fine now that you're here Minari." the gentle rubbing was replaced with a playful slap on the back. The ballerina hasn't even been 5 minutes with Chaeyoung and here she was already blushing. "But it's true, I do feel much better now that you're here. I missed you." add another shade to Mina's flushed cheeks.

While Sana and Mina tend to the two wheezing freshmen, Nayeon and Jihyo had Jeongyeon by the ears along with a sermon that made the team captain feel she was sent to the dean's office.

"Is it fun picking on the kids? You told me you'd greet them, not choke them!" Nayeon tugged on Jeongyeon's right ear.

"I could get you suspended for that Yoo, that was considered bullying." Jihyo then pulled down on Jeongyeon's left ear.

"Yah isn't this bullying too? I'm a student here too! VP Jin buddy help me out here!" The two ladies holding Jeongyeon by the ear glared at the boy. Jin knew better than to get in the way of an angry Jihyo. Jeongyeon was right but he didn't need to be the one to say that, especially if he wanted to be on Jihyo's good side the whole day.

"Sorry bro, rules are rules, right bright eyes?" Jihyo tenderly smiled at her boyfriend, proud that her better half said the right words, while Jeongyeon just rolled her eyes before wincing in pain as the ear tugging by the two ladies continued.

Lunch was as chaotic as it could get but the group of friends wouldn't have it any other way. Sana and Dahyun were talking about their schedules for the day, like how Sana had rehearsals for their upcoming musical and Dahyun had basketball practice after class; Chaeyoung was trying to woo Mina over with corny pick-up lines, eliciting both an annoyed and tingling feeling for the latter; Jihyo and Jin were talking about student council issues and last but not least Nayeon was busy staring down Jeongyeon, clearly upset that she made Dahyun and Chaeyoung (both of whom she has grown very fond of in a motherly way) choke in a headlock.

"After basketball practice let's all go to Everland. My treat." All heads turn to Jeongyeon and loud cheers were exchanged by the group. Jeongyeon knew she had to make up big time to please Nayeon and since she kept on asking the team captain to take her there, it seemed like the perfect time to unwind with the group since it was a Friday.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter