Chapter 5

Precious Love (SaiDa au)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5.......Run faster you idiot......

4.... I'm not gonna make it ......

3........ It's still too far........

"GO! DAHYUN GO! YOU GOT THIS WHITE STUFF!"

2........ Should I go for it?.......

1........ Argh it, If this goes in I'll ask you out on a date Minatozaki.......

Dahyun jumped as high as she could, aimed as accurate as she possibly can, and shot the ball with all her might.

*beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

She made the shot a few meters shy of the half court mark. The possibility of her making this shot was 1 in a million. The ball arced up in the air. The whole gymnasium was silent with everyone's attention focused on the ball that would decide if the game would be won by the rookies or go into overtime. The ball began to descend down and Dahyun could just feel her stomach turning into knots. The ball hit the board and bounced the ball into the hoop.

"KIM DAHYUN 3 POINTS! THE ROOKIES WIN THE GAME!" blared the announcer and everyone in the crowd went ballistic.

Dahyun had made the miracle shot and everyone was on their feet screaming and cheering.

The pointguard just stood there standing in awe at her own shot. Everything was still silent for her. She couldn't hear anything aside from her own heartbeat that was going 100 miles and hour. It might've been the fatigue, it might've been the shock that it went in or it might've been the fear that she knows has to ask Sana out for a date, but whatever the reason was, Dahyun just stood there in place.

Chaeyoung came in running towards Dahyun knocking the latter down onto the ground, snapping her back to reality. "DUBU YAH YOU DID IT! YOU MADE THE BUZZER BEATER!" Seulgi, Min-So, Ji-A and So Hyun also piled up on top of each other forming a clump of sweaty but overly happy teammates.

"Hey I can't breathe you guys! Get off of me!" Dahyun said half shouting and half laughing while struggling to push off the 5 girls who were piled on top of her. One by one they got up, leaving Chaeyoung and Dahyun on the floor both laughing and panting. A circle of people came and surrounded the duo. It was Jeongyeon with Nayeon, Sana, Momo and Mina. The two girls looked up at the girls surrounding them, both trying to catch their breath from laughing and playing an intense game.

"Woooow. I think we went to heaven Dubu." Chaeyoung said to Dahyun while locking eyes with Mina. Mina just rolled her eyes, giggling at Chaeyoung's flirting.

"I know but if this is heaven, what is Jeongyeon unnie doing here?" Jeongyeon scoffed at the two who were still on the floor.

"Yah you better watch what you say, I can step on your faces from where I am at." Jeongyeon hovered her foot above the faces of the duo and they immediately stood up at the threat of their unnie.

"You guys were amazing! I didn't think Jeongyeon unnie would lose to her juniors." Said Momo, making Jeongyeon pout while looking at the floor. Momo bit her lip when she saw Jeong hang her head down. Nayeon saw that her partner was sad and tried to cheer her up.

"Hey Jeongie babe, you did your best, I know you did and that's what matters. Win or lose, I'm always here for you. I love you babe. Now cheer up or you won't get kisses or anything later baby." Nayeon whispered the last part in Jeongyeon's ear. The latter's eyes widened and she perked up immediately and was all smiles after.

Dahyun then looked at Sana. She was supposed to thank her for keeping her promise and cheered for her throughout the game. She wanted to say that she appreciated all that she has done for her for today but no words came out of Dahyun. She just stared into Sana's hazel eyes, mesmerized by the perfection that was in front of her. When what feels like an eternity for Dahyun had passed, she shook her head and gulped trying to regain composure. Sana giggled at the cute antics of the nervous girl. Noticing that Dahyun was nervous, she broke the ice first.

"You lied to me white stuff. You said you weren't good but what was that last shot? You were just amazing Dahyun!" said Sana while putting her hands to the side of her hips, acting like she was upset that Dahyun had feigned being good at basketball.

The praise she got from Sana suddenly made Dahyun remember that she was finally going to be confident around the her. She looked down, exhaled deeply then looked up at Sana. Okay. No more of this shy . It's time to make her yours Dahyun.

"I really wasn't great. But then you started cheering for me, that's what made me play my hardest." said Dahyun following the sweet line with a cute wink. These words took Sana aback and suddenly she can feel her cheeks turning red. Dahyun was actually straight up flirting with her and....she liked it.

"I'd like to return that favor from the cafeteria the other day Sana-ssi. So what do you say we grab a milkshake after I take a shower and change, yeah? It'll be my treat of course..." Dahyun shot the most charming smile Sana has ever seen in her life. Although Dahyun was projecting her confidence well, her insides were twisted beyond knots and she was breaking into a cold sweat from the fear that Sana might reject her advances.  did I come on too strong? You over did it Dahyun you pabo ya.

"i- I'll wait for you by the lockers d-Dahyun-ssi." Sana shyly agreed to come with Dahyun. The pale girl's lips curved into a smile and simply nodded. She bid Sana goodbye and headed to the showers trailing behind Jeongyeon and the others. Sana suddenly turned around to tell Dahyun that she'd be at the lockers by the gymnasium and not at the main building. There were so may locker areas at their university, she thought that Dahyun might show up at a different one. As she turned she saw the pointguard pumping her fists in the air and was jumping up and down. The Japanese girl found Dahyun's victory dance cute and just smiled tenderly. You're such a cutie white stuff. Sana decided to wait at the lockers by the shower area so that she could easily meet up with Dahyun instead.

After being too excited with the fact that Sana said yes to her, Dahyun forgot to take her shirt from her bag and now had to resort to walking back to the lockers with only her sports bra and trackpants on. Since nobody usually came to the lockers by the showers, the pointguard nonchalantly dried her hair with her towel while walking without a care. She suddenly bumped into someone's back and started apologizing.

"I'm so sorry I didn't think anyone comes he-...." Dahyun's words got stuck in when she saw a tall Japanese brunette turn around. Enveloped by shock, Dahyun's body stiffened up, leading Sana's eyes to the pointguard's toned abs. Wow. She's ripped. I wanna touch it. What? No. Snap out of it Sana. Sana's cheeks and ears were now a bright red, embarrassed from seeing a shirtless Dahyun and even more embarrassed from having thoughts about touching the girl's washboard abs.

"I uhh was waiting f-for you here. This was the nearest locker area so I decided to wait here." Sana tried to explain her reason for being at what seems to be the only place Dahyun least expected her to be, eyes still magnetized at the pale girl's stunning abs.

"I-it's okay. It's my fault for not looking at where I was going Sana-ssi." Dahyun nervously replied. She tried to meet Sana's e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter