Chapter 15

Precious Love (SaiDa au)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Knew you weren't straight Yoda. You own too many polos for comfort clothes. That and well you turned down almost every guy who asked you out." Chaeyoung drapes her arm around the flustered Taiwanese who wasn't used to handling situations like these but since she was around her bestfriends and girlfriend, Tzuyu manages to force a smile and introduces herself. "Hello I'm Chou Tzuyu, it's a pleasure to meet you all." Chaeyoung was about to bombard her with questions when a cute voice comes from the girl in Sana's arms.

"Chewy and Momoring bought me this Mommy Sana." said Dahyunnie who was waving her giant stick of pink and blue cotton candy. The two were informed about Dahyun's mental illness and they in turn told them how they spotted Dahyun crying by the roller coaster saying that she wanted her Mommy Sana. Apparently, a cotton candy vendor caught the pale girl's eye and she followed it until she was far away from the company of Jeongyeon, causing her outburst. It was a shock to see Dahyun act like a kid at first but the two foreigners just kept an eye on the little tofu after melting by her cuteness. Dahyunnie soon grew hungry hence why they were headed to the food stalls where they were all reunited.

All of them finally get a decent meal (with Jeongyeon footing the bill again due to Chaeyoung's incessant nagging about her quarter pounder and Nayeon's death glare.) and enjoy the view of the now lit up amusement park. It was while Sana was opening up another chocopie for Dahyun when the latter clutched her head, wincing in pain. Argh me. What the hell happened?

"Dahyunnie baby? Is there something wrong?" Sana asks the pale girl and as she cups her face with her palm. Dahyun instantly buries her face into the crook of Sana's neck, seemingly finding comfort in the embrace of the Japanese.

"Let her rest first unnie. She always has a splitting headache after her episodes." says Chaeyoung to Sana. The tall brunette stays behind with Dahyun as she tells the others to go and enjoy the park and that they'll catch up when Dahyun feels better.

Dahyun was having a hard time processing her surroundings. The lights from the rides were too bright, the park's looped theme song was becoming grudgingly annoying and the throbbing of her head topped off Dahyun's post-episode experience. Sana notices the buckling legs of the pale girl and brings her to a bench to sit. Acting out of instinct, she takes Dahyun's hand and rubs circles on the pale knuckles. The pain was fleeting away and the throbbing was getting less and less intense. Slowly Dahyun lifts her head and is greeted by the hazel eyes and warm smile of Sana. Dahyun feels guilty, a common emotion after her episodes but she promised that she'd let Sana be there for her and so she does. She intertwines her hands with the Japanese's and leans her head onto the latter's shoulders.

"How do you feel white stuff?"

"You smell like lavender. I like lavender." the Japanese hits Dahyun's shoulder lightly for disregarding her question. "Yah that's not what I asked."

"I'll be fine if you just stay beside me." says the Korean while nuzzling further into Sana's neck. Sana feels the heat rising up to her cheeks and thanks the heavens that Dahyun wasn't looking up to see it.

The two stay seated talking about what happened since Dahyun had no recollection of what had transpired earlier. They joked about how Dahyun had downed almost a whole plastic bag worth of oreos and chocopies (a problem she will have to deal later on when the sugar rush kicks in.) and how she has managed to get away from Jeongyeon only to be found crying by a dating Momo and Tzuyu.

"Now wait wait back up, Tzuyu is dating Momo? Like my tall roommate and your crazy hot friend Momo?" Sana laughs at Dahyun's shocked reaction. "Pretty sure they're the only Tzuyu and Momo in uni Dubu." Dahyun is wide-eyed at the reveal of Tzuyu's "mystery textmate".  Damn now I owe Chaeng 50 bucks. I thought Yoda was straight.

"I take it that you're feeling better now? You're not gonna leave me hanging again right?" Sana asks while biting her lower lip.There was weight behind her words. The last time Dahyun had an episode, she disappeared for a long time and now that it had happened again, Sana was worried that Dahyun would run away again.

"No." Dahyun says as she tightens her hold onto Sana's hands and captures her hazel brown orbs. "I'm here to stay with you Sana-chan." and there it was. The words that caused Sana's entire being to be engulfed in happiness. Finally recovering from the headache, Dahyun and Sana tour the park, hand in hand with smiles plastered on their faces.

Most people would think that Kim 'Eagle' Dahyun wouldn't be afraid of being put in a high place since she does practically levitate when she jumps, which is why Sana never thought that Dahyun would be fidgeting and breaking into a cold sweat as they queue up for her favorite ride, the Ferris wheel. There was absolutely one thing Dahyun was sure she couldn't do in her life and that was to be in a ride she refers to as a "rotating death trap". Turns out there was also another thing she couldn't do and that was to say no to Sana's puppy dog face, hence why she was anxiously waiting in line to get into said death trap.

Sana enters the ride first and motions for Dahyun to come in. The carriage was moving and it was either Dahyun gets in or she lets Sana ride it alone. Closing her eyes, the pale girl leaps in and Sana is there to catch her. "I thought you weren't coming Dahyun-chan."

"I said I would stay by your side so here I am." Dahyun takes a seat opposite to Sana and the pointguard suddenly became a stiff mess when she felt the ride go higher and higher. While Dahyun was trying to convince herself that she was fine, Sana found it so adorable the way that the tofu had her eyes shut close while muttering a mantra that consisted of the lyrics to "Cheer up".

Sana got up and moved to sit beside the pale girl, shifting the weight inside the carriage causing it to swing a little. Of course, the little swing made Dahyun feel like the whole thing was gonna fall so she squeals and shuts her eyes tighter than before.

"You didn't tell me you're afraid of heights Dahyun-ah"

"And you d-didn't say you like Ferris w-wheels so I g-guess we're even." Sana chuckled at the stuttering girl before her. Dahyun dared open her left eye and saw that they were almost at the top, causing her to shudder closer to Sana. The Japanese held the girl's face and gently patted Dahyun's chubby white cheeks.

"Hey hey look at me." Dahyun slowly opens her mono-lidded chocolate eyes and comes face to face with Sana's hazel eyes. "You're gonna be alright Dahyun. I'm here." Dahyun seems to be frozen in place but she doesn't mind. The view right in front of her was perfect and it helped her calm down. She focused on Sana's clear hazel orbs, on her cute button nose and her soft pink lips. The carriage was suddenly getting hotter for the two as slowly the distance was beginning to diminish between them. Sana meanwhile was getting drowning in Dahyun's gaze. It made her chest feel like like it was going to explode. Her eyes  fell down to the pointguard's lips and suddenly she could feel her breath being taken out of her.

As they were reaching the top, a strong wind blows and rocks the carriage. The swaying causes Dahyun to close her eyes and clutch onto Sana's waist and the latter's arms just naturally fall onto Dahyun's neck. They reach the top and the ride stops momentarily. Dahyun opens her eyes and sees the night sky with the stars shining out bright but it was the bright full moon that captures both of the riders' attention. 

"Tsuki ga kirei desu ne Dahyun-chan" Dahyun scrunches her brows at the foreign words she hears and chuckles. "What does that mean Sana-chan?" 

"In English, the translation is "The moon is beautiful tonight Dahyun."" Dahyun asks Sana to teach her the line and she repeats it slowly to the Japanese. "Tsuki ga kirei desu ne Sana-chan" What Dahyun doesn't know is that the line was used in Japan to confess their love to someone. But Sana didn't need to tell her that right? Sana's cheeks were burning red and the next thing she knows she was leaning into Dahyun's lips, pouring how much her heart wanted to be always near hers.

Dahyun jerks at the foreign contact on her lips but the faint strawberry taste reminds her that she's had this feeling before and she has missed it terribly. The ride started to move again causing Dahyun to unintentionally bite into Sana's lower lips, making the Japanese moan. The ungodly sound pushed Dahyun's brain into overdrive, her hands were clutching Sana's waist tightly, pulling her closer to her. Sana tilts her head and inhales deeply when Dahyun flicks her tongue onto her supple lips. Lips against lips were moving so sensually and slowly against one another. Sana feels like she was melting so her arms enveloped the pointguard's neck to keep her grounded. It was simply magical how Dahyun's fear of heights seems irrelevant now and how Sana was now the one trembling in Dahyun's arms.

They slowly descend and the two slowly break apart, breathless from the passionate kiss that had just happened between them. Dahyun lets out a nervous cough and helps Sana alight from the carriage. They walk away hand in hand but were too shy to look each other in the hand. All that was going through Dahyun's mind was how she didn't hate that rotating death trap anymore and that Sana really did taste like strawberries.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Look it's you! Dubu dubu dubu! Ah neomu kyeowo!" Dahyun pouts as Sana was stretching her pale cheeks. As much as she hated the comparison, she knew how much Sana wanted the giant tofu plushie and decided that she would win it for her.  

"Hold on I'll win it for you so you can hold it up to my face and see."

"See what white stuff?" 

"That I'm cuter than that plushie." Dahyun gives Sana a playful wink and soon finds herself paying the staff to try at the game. Dahyun coolly steps up to the sniper rifle and attempts a shot. Dahyun's first try causes Sana to try and contain her laughter. The pointguard manages to land her shots around the 2 and 3 point area of the target circle, far from the 25 points that she needs to win the prize.

"Aish this gun is rigged." Dahyun grumbles but soon finds herself trying again. It was at Dahyun 7th attempt when she finally feels that she can win the big plushie for Sana. "Dahyun you've spent enough money here. At this rate you could've just bought me 2 of those."

"But it won't be the same. Besides, we've been walking past different games, this is the only stand that has this prize." Sana sighs and concedes defeat.

"7th time's the charm miss" says the personnel as he mockingly smiles at Dahyun. Dahyun takes the rifle from him and positions to fire the shot. "You bet it is. 7 is my lucky number. My jersey number ain't 7 for nothing. This is gonna be my last try Sana-chan."

*Ping* Dahyun scores a 7. Dahyun shakes her head and the rifle and controls her breathing. Jesus I know I like 7 but I need something higher now please.

*Ping* This time Dahyun scores an 8. Now she wasn't good at math but she knew that she had to hit the bullseye to win the plushie. She positions herself once again and Dahyun tries to suppress the shaking in her p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter