Chapter 19

Precious Love (SaiDa au)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana was getting busy in the kitchen preparing some dishes for the picnic she and Dahyun were supposed to go on. It was their 100th day and although Dahyun wanted to go the extra mile for the day, Sana insisted that they just go on a small date and have a nice picnic at the park. She was in the middle of packing some kimchi when someone started pounding on her doorbell. Sana groans internally and rolls her eyes. Momo's gonna make me buy a new doorbell. Again.

  "Sattang! Sattang open up it's Momoring!"   

"Momo I told you not to do that! That's my fifth doorbell this year!" Sana's angry gaze is soon melted when she sees a cute little baby girl in a bright pink stroller.

"Sana I need you to watch over Hana for the day, I forgot that I agreed to babysit her while my parents travel back to Japan for a business deal and I sorta agreed to go on a date with Tzuyu today as well." Momo says while handing her 6 month-old sister to Sana.

"All her things are in this bag. She loves Barney and anything that makes a sound. If she cries, just carry her and if she still won't stop, well good luck!" Sana barely gets a hold of the bag and the baby when Momo waves goodbye and gets in her car.

"Momo wait! Dahyun and I also have a date! Momo!"

"Bye Hana-chan! Sana-unnie will take good care of you! I love you both!" And that was the last words Momo said before speeding away.

Sana is left with agape with Momo's baby sister looking at her with wide blinking eyes. "Well I guess you're stuck with me now aren't you Hana-chan?" Sana says with a sing-song voice. The baby crinkles her nose and lets out a cute grin. I wonder if Dahyun likes kids as well. I guess we'll find out later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry, take care of who?" Dahyun asks wide-eyed. Sana chuckles and leads her in to the living room and finds a baby in the middle of a lot of toys and soft pillows. Sana takes the baby girl in her arms and holds it up to Dahyun.

"Dahyun, this is Hana. Hana this is Dahyun. Say hi baby!" Dahyun tilts her head and the baby does too. Sana giggles at the cute interaction of the two. Hana then breaks into a giggle and puts her two tubby arms out asking to be carried by Dahyun.

"I think Hana-chan likes you Dahyun-ah."

"She's just sensing the chocopies I ate. i-I'm not very good with kids Sana." Hana begins to get upset because of Dahyun's hesitation. The baby's smile begins to turn into a frown and tears start her small round eyes, forcing Dahyun to take her into her arms.

"Okay okay what do I do? What do I do?" Dahyun asks with nervous eyes and panic in her voice.

"Just bounce her up and down gently. Like you're dancing to a beat Dahyun-ah" The pointguard nods and follows Sana's instructions. The Japanese swears she's never seen a cuter sight than Dahyun's awkward shuffling. The latter notices Sana's giggling and shoots her an embarrassed look.

"I don't know how to dance okay? This is the best I can do." Dahyun says with her head down, still awkwardly shifting her body up and down. When Hana calmed down Sana took her back and placed her down in her mat that Momo packed in the bag. The baby began to play with the toys around her and was soon engulfed in her own little world.

"So I guess this means no picnic then?" Dahyun says while waving a rattle in front of Hana.

"We could still go on the picnic babe. It's just that we have to bring Hana with us." Dahyun sighs and nods her head.

"I'll just finish packing the basket. You can handle her for a few minutes right Dahyun-ah?" Sana raises her eyebrows at Dahyun and the pointguard shakily replies with a thumbs up. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dahyun's POV

Sana went back to her kitchen and I'm left here staring at Hana. "Okay as long as you don't cry, mess up your diaper or hurl we're going to be fine Hana-chan." I watch her from a distance because I feel like anything I do might set her off like a time bomb. Hana drops the ball she was playing with and it rolls towards me. . Hana begins to crawl towards me with a cute smile on her face. I'd melt but that means I have to touch her again and Sana's still not back. I hand her the ball and she drops it again this time it rolls to the other side of the room. I picked her up and put her back on the mat. Hana seemed to enjoy making me run after her because I think she's dropping the ball now on purpose. Okay! I got an idea.

I take the ball before she gets near me and I throw it back to her mat. Her little head turns around and starts going back to where the ball is now. Okay Dahyun, time to put your Minecraft and Lego skills to use.

I use the pillows in Sana's living room and make a small fort for Hana. Looking at how the small bolsters are like roman columns and it isn't falling down, I think I did pretty well. I place Hana in the palace of pillows, together with her toys and she twists her tiny head to see everything. I do a fist pump when she starts clapping and giggling. Alright! Now stay there and just do calm baby things.

It was roughly about another 10 minutes when Sana came back in the living room with her hand on trying to control her laughter. I flash a smile at her and gesture with jazz hands to introduce my architecture work. "Ta-da! I made her a pillow fort!"

"I can't believe you made a crib for her with pillows! I was gone for a few minutes Dahyun-ah!" Sana says amazed at my handiwork.

"Hey it's not just some crib, it's a pillow palace okay? She kept roaming so I sort of boxed her in. Pretty cool huh?" 

"We'll leave it like that and Hana can use it later when she falls asleep. Now get Hana's bag, stroller and the basket because I'm pretty sure you don't want to carry the baby anyways." Sana points to wear everything is and I make a mad dash for the things before she changes her mind.

"You already know me so well babe." I give her a small peck onto the cheeks and start loading the things into Sana's car. We were supposed to ride on my Ducati and cruise around the city but with Hana now in the picture, that idea goes straight down the drain. Tzuyu just had to take Momo out today.

"Sana your car doesn't have a baby seat how are we going to take Hana with us?"

"Oh the stroller's seat detaches and turns into a car seat, can you figure it out love?"

"Figure it out? I haven't even touched a stroller before in my life babe. This thing looks as complicated as the toilets in Japan." I take the stroller and see a lot of buttons on the sides. I never thought a baby stroller would make me feel so stupid.

"Also do you smell something Sana-chan?" A weird aroma pierces through my nose and my attention darts to the frowning baby in Sana's arms. In a short while, Hana began to bawl her eyes out.

"Aigoo, does Hana need a change? Yes she does, now does she?" Sana says in baby talk.

"I'd figure it out myself but Hana needs to be changed, unless you want to change her instead white stuff?" My eyes widen at Sana's question and I immediately sit down and begin to press the buttons on Hana's stroller. Sana rolls her eyes and chuckles, "Yeah that's what I thought." Sana takes the baby away to get her changed while I'm left to my own task.

Jesus it's a stroller how complex can this thing be? Turns out, very complex. I pressed one button and the left side and the stroller collapsed on one side. Okay not that button I guess. I press the other button on the right side and the roof of the thing opened out. Cursed rich people stroller.

After a while of poking around and trying to understand the limited Japanese characters on the sticker labels, I figured out that you had to press your foot on a pedal and press two buttons on the side at the same time, finally the carrier detaches from the legs and I do a small victory dab. My happiness is short lived when attaching the car seat to the car itself was another damned puzzle. I let out a frustrated sigh and get to work. Learning this might come in handy one day so might as well learn it now.

Sana walks out with a freshly changed Hana and they make their way towards me.

"Babe we're not taking the Camaro." I hit my head on the roof of the car as I try to get out.

"What? Why not? I already packed the things here Sana-chan." I reason to Sana.

"Well then move them to the minivan. We're not driving Hana in a Camaro. Besides, you can't install the car seat there, the buckles won't fit." I throw my face into my hands and begin taking out the things in the back. I never thought a picnic would be this much work.

"Alright babe everything is set. You can bring Hana here now." I check the buckles and the clasps one last time before Sana puts Hana in the seat and buckles her in. The baby claps her hands and lets out a bubbly laugh. Seeing Sana play with the baby seemed to take out all my frustrations trying to figure out the stroller, I found myself smiling lovingly at them. Sana then closes the car door and turns towards me.

"Aigoo, you've worked hard my Dahyun-chan. Here's a reward for a job well done." Sana plants a soft kiss on my cheek and my lips curl into a smile. "Let's get going now?" I nod and open her side of the passenger seat before getting in the driver's seat. I start the minivan and look back at Hana and then at Sana, it warmed my heart to think that maybe this could be us one day. One day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okie dokie we're here Hana-chan! Babe would you get the things while I get Hana?" After an hour of driving and singing along to Barney tunes all through the trip, we get to the park and finally get our date going. I take the carrier and attach it back to the stroller. I thank the heavens that putting the thing back together was easier than taking it apart. Sana places Hana in her stroller and we push her around the park.

People were starting look at us or Sana mostly. I accepted this as part of the everyday struggle of dating her. I can't help it if my girlfriend is the most beautiful creation God has ever made. Sana was wearing a simple pink shirt and some jeans but she still stands out like the brightest diamond there is. I'm thankful that it was my arm that she was clinging onto.

We were strolling casually trying to find a cool spot to settle down in when we came across an old lady selling bracelets. "Aigoo what a beautiful family! You kids might've started your family too early but I can tell that you are both very happy!" 

"Oh no she's not ou-" I was trying to say the lady was mistaken but Sana cut me midway of my sentence.

"Never too early to have happiness in life right baby?" She looks at me with such happy eyes and I can see the old lady's genuine smile as well. I sigh and ride along with the conversation. She's implying she's my wife, there's really nothing more I want in life later on.

"Right Sana-chan." I reply with a warm smile.

"Oh I see you're Japanese, no wonder your baby looks foreign, what's this precious baby's name?" The old lady leans down and tickles Hana. The baby replies with a heartwarming giggle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter