Chapter-8

Love Like a Dream

Soojung got so popular after her first broadcast. Many people were talking about how pretty she was and she started having more patients too. Many celebrities also started coming to her to get treatment. Seeing how fast things were going, Soojung felt pressured to do better in every episode and always had to find ways to improve herself. 

She was in her room researching and thinking of some more new ideas for her next shoot. The PD of the show decided to let her join in planning the theme or the topic for every episode. 

"Dr.Jung?" A nurse came in interrupting her. 

"Yeah?" She just answered without taking her eyes off hee laptop.

"There's a woman here saying she needs to meet you. I told her you're not taking any patients now...but..."

"Hey! Krys!" 

Soojung looked up from the laptop at the familiar voice. Her eyes became wider when she saw the person standing at the door.

"Oh my god!! Jennieeeee!!" She shrieked as she ran towards her to give her a hug. 

The nurse looked at them confusedly and left the room.

"What are you doing here??" Soojung asked shocked to see her friend all of a sudden.

"I'm staying here too." Jennie said as she went towards the sofa and sat there.

"Are you serious?" Soojung said following her.

"Yeah...don't you see my luggage? I'm here to stay. I got a job here too." 

"That is sooo great." Soojung said happy to have her friend near her again.

"By the way...can I stay with you for sometime?" Jennie asked.

"Oh...that...I have to ask Chaeyoung first..." Soojung said a bit awkward.

"Well then ask." 

Soojung talked to Chaeyoung about it and she agreed to let Jennie stay. They had an empty room anyway. Jennie got the address and went ahead with her luggage to rest a bit and unpack and get settled.

After thinking for days, Jaejoong asked Heechul to let him meet Soojung. And as planned, they were supposed to meet that night. But Soojung didn't know Jaejoong was gonna be there. She thought she was only meeting up with Heechul.  

Soojung went to the restaurant that Heechul texted as soon as she was done with work. Heechul waved his hand towards her as soon as she entered and she went towards him and sat across him. 

"Someone else is coming too." Heechul said as he drank from the glass of water in front of him."Let's order after he comes."

"Who else? I thought it was only us two." She asked confused.

"He's already here." He said as he waved and looked at someone.

Soojung followed his eyes and saw Jaejoong walking towards them.

"This can't be happening..." she mumbled to herself as she just stared blankly at Jaejoong.

"Hi I'm Jaejoong." He introduced himself with the sweetest smile and extending his hand for a handshake

"Oh Hi...I'm Jung Soojung." She said as she reached for his hand with her heart about to rip out of her chest and jump out. 

Jaejoong sat next to Heechul and Soojung could not lift up her face to look at him. Her face was already red from blushing and she was embarrased to let Jaejoong see that. Jaejoong smiled seeing her blush.

"I'm a big fan of your show." Jaejoong said with a smile as he looked at Soojung.

"Thank you." She said politely but her mind was in a mess.

"Tell him I'm a bigger fan of his than he is of the show. Oh my god he watches me on TV. Oh my god Jaejoong oppa knows me!!! Tell him you love him!! Oh my god shut up." Her mind was filled with different thoughts at one time. 

With Heechul joking around and doing most of the talking, the awkwardness went down a little bit. 
When they were done, it was already late and Heechul had to go ahead as he has a schedule. And that left Soojung alone with Jaejoong. Then returns the awkwardness.

"I'll drive you home." Jaejoong said when they came out.

"No it's okay...I can just take a cab." 

"It's late and dangerous. Come I'll drive you. It's fine." Jaejoong said and Soojung finally gave in. 

Soojung's heart started thumping faster and louder as she sat inside Jaejoong's car. Sitting in that small closed space with just them two in the silence, she was scared he could hear her heartbeat.

"How long have you been a fan?" Jaejoong asked her out of nowhere while still driving with his eyes on the road.

"Pardon?" Soojung said as she was caught off guard.

Jaejoong looked at her and smiled as he turned his eyes to the road again.

"You knew?" Soojung asked surprised with her eyes widening.

"Yeah...not long ago, didn't you come to the fan sign event too?" Jaejoong said.

"You remember." Soojung said still shocked.

Jaejoong looked at her and smiled at how her reaction seemed so cute to him.

"How about we meet up often and take down the wall that's between an artist and a fan and just be you know...friends?" Jaejoong suggested what he always wanted to say but his eyes could not look at hers as he said it.

Soojung kept quiet not knowing what to answer. It was too much for her to handle what Jaejoong has been throwing at her in just one day. She sat silently as she tried to let everything set in.

"So?" Jaejoong asked raising his eyebrows when Soojung didn't answer.

"This is like a dream...I never even thought of it in a dream."Soojung mumbled to herself but Jaejoong could hear it all making him laugh.

"Why?" Soojung asked confused when Jaejoong suddenly started laughing.

"No...it's nothing." Jaejoong said finally stopping his laughter. "So are we friends now?"

"It'd be an honor." Soojung said with a smile making Jaejoong smile too.