Chapter-6

Love Like a Dream

"Dr. Jung?" A nurse came inside while Soojung was still busy attending to a patient.

"Dr.Kim wants you in her room." She informed her.

"Yeah I'll be right there after this." Replied Soojung while writing a prescription for her patient.

After she was done, she went ahead to Dr.Kim's room. She knocked on the door first and went inside on hearing Dr.Kim's approval to enter.

She found Dr.Kim sitting and having tea with a middle aged man sitting across her. Awkwardly, Soojung walked towards them. When Dr.Kim signalled her to take a seat, she did as told. 

Not knowing what was going on, she waited for Dr.Kim to tell her. But Dr.Kim was taking her time pouring Soojung a cup of tea from the tea pot on the table. Soojung felt the talk was gonna be long.

"So let me introduce." Dr.Kim finally said pushing up her spectacle witb her index finger and straightening out her white coat.

"This is Jung Soojung or Krystal Jung. She is gonna be the new star in our clinic soon enough." Dr.Kim said with a smile as she looked towards Soojung.

Soojung just awkwardly smiled at her "over praising" her as she thought.

"And this is Choi PD..." Dr.Kim continued as she looked towards the middle aged man. "The producer of Korea's biggest broadcasting company." 

"Nice to finally meet you. Dr.Kim has been praising you a lot." Choi PD said as he handed Soojung his business card.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too." Soojung said as she received the card with a polite smile. She still didn't understand why she had to meet him either.

Choi PD looked over Dr.Kim and when she gave him a signal to go ahead, he said, "I'm actually starting a new TV show and it's gonna be about skin care and beauty. You know how skin care has become a huge trend in Korea nowadays and everybody loves the tips and advices from a Dermatologist who really knows what they are talking about rather than just tips from celebrities. Of course, we'll need celebrities to keep it entertaining too but our main focus will be on the Dermatologist."

Soojung just listened intently trying to let every word sink in.

"Actually, Choi PD wanted me to do it but I think it'll be better if you do it instead." Dr.Kim added.

"But...I don't think I can do it...I'm not really good with speaking and...I might make the show boring and..." Soojung said as she thought of all the things that could go wrong.

"No you can do it. I know it." Dr.Kim tried to reassure her putting her hand on Soojung's with an ecouraging smile. "Besides I'm old and the audience won't want to see some ahjumma giving them advice on TV but you are fresh...people will love you...and this is how you can get your name known too. You're gonna gain a lot from this." 

"Yes Dr.Kim is right." Choi PD chimed in. "She already told me you're beautiful and that would also help my show a little bit but I didn't expect you to be this pretty. You can even pass of as an idol."

"Now that's too much praising." Soojung said with an awkward laugh.

"Just think about it. But know that such opportunities don't come as often." Dr.Kim told her.


Soojung was busy the whole day contemplating whether she should accept the offer or not. If she did accept, and the show failed because of her, she was afraid that she would end up being filled with so much guilt. And if she didn't, would she regret it later? She couldn't make up her mind.

She told Chaeyoung about it when she got home and even talked to Jennie on skype to hear her opinions too.

Both of them were quite encouraging her to do it and she finally gave in. She decided she was gonna do it.