Chapter-7

Love Like a Dream

Before Soojung left for filming, Chaeyoung helped do her make up and choose her dress too. She had subtle pink eyeshadows with very thin eyeliner and her long eyelashes made more defined with mascara. Her lips were painted rosy pink. Her hair was kept wavy and pulled up in a kinda messy ponytail.

She wore a v neck yellow top with flare sleeves and floral prints and beige parallel pants and yellow heels. Her whole look just screams "spring" and it was completed with her white coat with her name "Krystal Jung" written on it. 


In the waiting room, she was alone. Her hands never left the script that was handed over to her beforehand. She diligently went through it again and again so that she wouldn't make any mistakes. She tried to calm her nerves down as she took deep breaths.

A knock was heard on the door of her waiting room.

"Yeah?" She answered meekly. 

Then came in two handsome guys, one she was familiar with and the other one...he just looked like someone she knew. 

"We're here to visit the Doctor." Said the familiar guy.

"Oh my god! Kim Heechul oppa?" She gasped with her hands on and eyes suddenly getting large.

"Oh you know me." Heechul said with a proud smile. "I heard you were born and brought up in the US and that you recently came back here so I thought you wouldn't know me." 

"Oh no...of course I know you." She said slightly blushing seeing a celebrity that she used to see when she was a kid.

"We're gonna be the MCs for the program." Heechul explained. "Let's do our best."

"Oh really? Please take good care of me then." She said as she bowed to them.

"I guess you don't know me." The other guy interrupted a bit disappointed that Soojung's only focus was on Heechul.

"Oh I'm so sorry...I haven't been keeping up with the entertainment world lately." She said feeling sorry.

"But I'm not that new...I have been around for quite sometime." The guy mumbled.

She looked at the guy more closely. She didn't recognise him although she knew he'd be a kpop singer from the way he was dressed but she left the kpop world ever since TVXQ break up and she only listened to TVXQ or JYJ songs thereafter. So she didn't know who he was exactly but she was shocked at how much he resembled Jaejoong in some ways. They weren't exactly alike but he had a similar aura as Jaejoong. It was the first time for Soojung to meet someone who's similar to Jaejoong. 

"Anyway...I'm Lee Taeyong, leader of NCT." He introduced himself with a smile and came forward to Soojung for a handshake catching her offguard.

"I hope you remember me from today onwards...Dr..." He stopped a while looking at Soojung's white coat where her name was written. "Dr. Krystal." 

He winked and left the room with Heechul before she could say anything and left her in a daze.


The day the show gets broadcast.

Jaejoong was at Heechul's place drinking beer and eating dried squid. Even after Jaejoong left SM, Heechul was the only one from SM whom he could meet freely. 

Jaejoong was holding the TV remote control and kept flipping through the channels trying to find something to watch. 

"Can you just pick something already?" Heechul said getting irritated.

"There's nothing good." Jaejoong complained taking a sip of beer from his can and continued flipping through the channels.

"What day is it today?" Heechul asked and took out his phone to see. 

"Oh...it's Saturday! Give me the remote control." He said and grab the remote from Jaejoong in a rush.

"My new show is starting today." Heechul said excitedly as he pressed on the channel that his show was gonna be on.

"Since when did you start watching every show that you're in?" Jaejoong said unable to understand his action.

"Shut up...the doctor in the show. You have to see her." He said with a huge grin on his face as he waited for the show to start.

Jaejoong didn't pay attention as it was not only once in a while that Heechul says a girl is pretty. He always did anyway. 

"It's starting! It's starting!" Heechul shouted slapping Jaejoong on his leg to get him to concentrate.

Jaejoong's eyes grew bigger and bigger as he saw the girl on the TV. He rubbed his eyes wondering if he was seeing things from being tipsy.

"How did she...?" Jaejoong mumbled still shocked to see her on TV.

"Isn't she pretty? Even prettier than some idols, right?" Heechul said still grinning.

"She's a doctor?" Jaejoong continued to mumble.

Heechul kept on telling Jaejoong about Soojung. Like how she knew him and how beautiful she was in person and that he was gonna meet her every week.

That kinda made Jaejoong jealous. 


Jaejoong promised himself he was gonna stop looking for her or be reminded of her after the fan sign event but now he found himself watching her every weekend on TV and getting jealous when she sometimes seemed close to Heechul and Taeyong and when she laughed at their jokes which he thought wasn't funny anyway.