Chapter-18

Love Like a Dream

Soojung woke up with her head throbbing and hair all messy still wearing the clothes from the night before. She looked at herself in the mirror and saw her make up smudged all over. She looked awful. 

"Ahh...what did I do?" She cried as she held her head in her hands.

She remembered drinking at the party but she couldn't recall what happened next. How did she come back home? Did she come by herself or did someone drop her home? Or if she made any mistakes? She tried hard to recall but to no use. 

She then gave up and went to shower instead so she could get ready for work.

"Come have breakfast." Chaeyoung shouted from the kitchen.

They all took turns making breakfast and dinner and it was Chaeyoung's turn that day.

Both Jennie and Soojung came out all dressed up and ready for work. They went towards the kitchen and sat on the dining table where Chaeyoung laid out what she prepared for breakfast.

Soojung expected some hangover soup. But she was just left speechless when she saw what Chaeyoung prepared.

"Is this it?" Soojung asked Chaeyoung dumbfounded.

"Why? What's wrong with bread and omlette and coffee?" Chaeyoung said without a care. "Isn't this what you used to have when you were in the states anyway?" 

"Yeah but I'm more used to Korean food and I drank yesterday so I expected a hangover soup at least." 

"Oops!" Chaeyoung said with her hands on . "I forgot about it...Sorry...and I was kinda lazy today so I just made something simple."

"It's okay." Soojung said softly and continued eating.

"Coffee is good for hangover too. Drink up." Jennie said with a smile raising her cup of coffee towards Soojung and drank from it.

"See? Coffee is good." Chaeyoung chimed in while drinking the coffee.

"Fine." Soojung said as she rolled her eyes and drank the coffee.

"Anyways how did I come home yesterday?" Soojung asked.

"Jaejoong oppa carried you on his back till your room." Chaeyoung said still munching on her bread. "How come you even drank yesterday?" 

"Just happened." Soojung said not wanting to explain.

"But how did he?" Soojung thought. "He wasn't even there in the first place. Maybe Heechul oppa called him?" 

---------------------

Soojung was getting ready in her clinic to see her patients when a nurse came in.

"There's someone here to see you." She informed her.

"Who?" Soojung asked as she tied up her hair and put on her spectacles. "If it's a patient, then tell them to come in order." 

"I'm not a patient." 

Soojung looked up and saw Jaejoong's manager standing behind the nurse.

"Oh!" 

"Hi." The manager greeted her with a slight bow and Soojung did the same.

The nurse finally realising that they both know each other, left the place to themselves.

"What brings you here?" Soojung asked.

"Actually hyung wants me to deliver this to you." He said as he handed Soojung a thermal flask.

"What's this?" Soojung said confusingly as she took the flask from him.

"I don't know. I just needed to deliver this to you. I'll leave now then." The manager said and got up to leave.

"Sorry for the inconvenience." Soojung apologised feeling bad that he had to come all the way there to give her the flask. 

 

After he left, Soojung opened the flask to see what was inside. As soon as she opened, the warm smell coming out from the flask was already making her hangover better. 

She smiled as she poured the soup in the cup that came with the flask and drank from it.

"Refreshing!" She exclaimed finally satisfied. 

                     "Thank you. <3." 

She texted Jaejoong and got back to work.

__________________________________

 

After work, Jaejoong asked her to come to his place and gave her his address, so she went there. It was her first time going there and she was nervous and excited. She could feel the flutters in her heart as the elevator got nearer and nearer to his floor. 

She rang the doorbell and was welcomed by a very "homely" Jaejoong. Jaejoong was just in a white tee shirt and pajama pants, hair all messed up, no make up and just his bare skin. 

Strangely though, she felt more attracted to this Jaejoong than the "extravagant" Jaejoong that she became a fan of. Maybe because she saw a more "human" side of him. 

As soon as she entered, there laid a huge living room with huge white sofas and black curtains hiding the light of the outside world. There was a huge picture of TVXQ from their Mirotic days hanging on the wall along with some other paintings. She smiled to herself when she saw the picture. The room was lit only by a small bulb. 

She knew Jaejoong stayed in a luxury house and she expected it to be this big and everything but seeing it in real life made her even more amazed. 

Jaejoong made her sit on the sofa while he went to the kitchen to make her tea.

Soojung was still looking around, trying to absorb the fact that she was really there, in KIM JAEJOONG'S house. Just a few months ago, this would have been possible only in her dream but now in reality, she was there sitting on the sofa right in the living room.

As she looked around, her eyes fell on the table in the center. There were some papers and folders lying around and she saw something that looked like a drama script. Yes she knew how a drama script looked like cause celebrities sometimes uploads pictures of them with the script book.

Just then Jaejoong came holding two cups of tea and placed it on the table and sat across Soojung.

"Are you gonna be in a new drama?" She asked him.

"Oh? How did you know?" Jaejoong asked looking surprised. 

Soojung just pointed to the script on the table withojt saying anything.

"Ahh.." Jaejoong said nodding his head. "I just met with the director today and I like the script so I think I'll do it." 

"What's it about?" Soojung asked curiously.

"You can read it if you want. It's really good." Jaejoong said and handed over the script to Soojung.

"Are you sure I can read this?" Soojung asked.

"Sure why not? It's only the first episode anyway." Jaejoong said shrugging his shoulders.

Soojung opened the page cautiously. She read the first few lines of the summary and she liked it too. She thought it'd be a hit. But as she went on reading, she became more and more uneasy.

               Both got soaked in the rain but none 

               of them could feel the rain as they 

               passionately share a kiss under the

              umbrella. 

Soojung closed the script after reading the lines and looked at Jaejoong. He was just sitting there sipping on his tea and looking at something on his phone.

"Kissing from the first episode? That's intense." Soojung commented trying to look calm as she also took a sip of tea. 

"Huh?" Jaejoong finally looked away from his phone and to Soojung. He could clearly see her pouting from jealousy even though she was trying her best to hide.

"Are you jealous?" He asked her teasingly.

"No...why would I be?" She replied like it was absurd  for her to be jealous.

Then Jaejoong came nearer and holding up her chin, he leaned in closer and lightly planted a kiss on her lips.

"Is that how you're going to kiss her?" She asked him when his lips broke away from her.

"Who?" Jaejoong asked.

"Whoever the actress is that's acting with you."

"Ah...Yoona?" 

"Yoona? Of all the people, why that girl who's the ideal type of almost every guy." She thought to herself.

"Yoona's pretty." Soojung said trying to compose herself.

"But not as pretty as you." Jaejoong said as he sat close to Soojung and smiled at her lovingly as he looked into her eyes. 

"And you know I might kiss her that way but it won't be this way." He said as he came closer and landed his lips on hers.

This time the kiss lasted longer and deeper. Both of them could feel their bodies heating up in response and they knew they wanted more but Soojung pulled away before she drowned in him even more. Jaejoong just smiled and cupped her face in between his hands as he said, "I promise you...this is a pleasure I'll only share with you and no one else."