Chapter-17

Love Like a Dream

It was the last day of shoot for the TV show. Everyone gave their full effort till the end. Once they were done filming, everyone decided to go out and have a "Wrap up" party. 

Soojung didn't really want to go cause everyone would be obviously drinking except her. But she went out of respect for everyone. 

"Dr. Soojung...here." The PD said as he held the Soju bottle and asking Soojung to give her glass so he could pour her some. 

"Oh...but Soojung doesn't drink." Heechul said interrupting them.

"You don't drink? Why? Just have a little bit. It'll be fine." Everyone was urging her.

"Okay then only one glass." Soojung said giving up.

"Will you be okay?" Heechul whispered next to her.

"Let's see." Soojung whsipered back.

She was fine with the first two glasses but everyone kept offering her to drink and she couldn't even reject them anymore. She was already tipsy by the third glass. 

"I think you should stop now." Heechul told her.

"I'm fine." She told him making Heechul sigh.

On the other side was Taeyong silently watching her. He couldn't even go near her afraid that his feelings for her might grow. He kept drinking as he looked at her but no matter how much he drank, he wasn't getting drunk. 

When one of the staff offered Soojung another glass of soju, Taeyong walked towards them and snatched the glass from Soojung's hand and he gulped it down instead. 

Everyone just stared at him. There was a moment of silence in that once noisy place. It was like someone had pressed the pause button. After gulping down the soju, he realised everyone staring at him.

"Oh...PD nim...I'll pour you a drink." He said as he went towards the PD to pour him a drink to escape the awkwardness and everyone soon returned to talking and drinking. 

"Is something going on between you guys?" One of the staff asked.

"What? No no..." He instantly denied. "I just felt bad that she had to keep drinking when she can't handle her alcohol." 

The staff just nodded her head and went back to drinking.

Once everyone left, Heechul, Taeyong and Soojung were the only ones left.

"Taeyong, can you please take her home?" Heechul asked him. "It's on your way anyway, right?"

"Ah...okay. Sure." He told him reluctantly.

Taeyong got in the car along with Soojung on the backseat with his manager driving the car. Soojung was already asleep. Taeyong stared at her silently watching her sleep.

"She looks like an angel." He thought and felt a pang in his heart like being hit by an arrow.

 

"Hyung are you guys still not done with the party?" Jaejoong asked Heechul as soon as Heechul picked up his call.

When Heechul told him Taeyong was taking Soojung home and that she was kinda drunk, he immediately got out of his house and was on his way to Soojung's place.

He waited in front of her place until they arrived.

After a few minutes, he saw a car park in front of Soojung's apartment and saw two guys helping Soojung out of the car.

He went towards them and saw Soojung already passed out.

"Why did you make her drink so much?" He complained. 

"Let me take her from here. Thanks for bringing her home." Jaejoong said and Taeyong did as he was told.

"Oh and Taeyong, can you just wait for sometime?" He told him and went inside the apartment building carrying Soojung on his back.

 

After taking Soojung to her room, Jaejoong came out and Taeyong was waiting for him as he was told.

"Should we go talk inside my car?" Jaejoong told him.

Taeyong just silently followed him to his car.

"Uh...I don't know if you already know or not but..." Jaejoong started awkwardly. "Actually I..."

"I know..." Taeyong said before Jaejoong could finish. "that you're dating Soojung now." 

"How did you know?" Jaejoong asked surprised.

"Does it even matter?" Taeyong asked expressionless.

"Not really..." Jaejoong said.

"Congratulations, Hyung." Taeyong said finally smiling and looking at Jaejoong. "You won this time but don't let your guard down. I might need time and I mean a lot of time to get over her. So if I find out you can't make her happy, then I'm not gonna just sit and watch too." 

"You're no easy rival huh?" Jaejoong told him with a little laugh.

"Yeah so make her happy." Taeyong told him and got out of the car.