Chapter-5

Love Like a Dream

Days and weeks passed after Jaejoong encountered the one fan who always stayed on his mind. Everytime he saw fans when he was out, he would look intently among them to see if perhaps she was there too. But she never was. She remained a mystery to him.

She became a muse for his music as lyrics and music came flooding to him everytime he was reminded of her. But he didn't like to be reminded of her too. He wanted to get over it and return to how he was before he met her. He was afraid that he might fall deeper into this unknown girl and he was already fed up of being in love that would go no where like his previous relationships were.

So he decided for one last time before he really get her out of his mind he wanted to see her. And to do that, he organized a fan signing event. He wasn't sure if she would come considering she was no where to be seen since the concert. But he was gonna take the chance. If she came, good and if she didn't, it was fine too. 

News of the sudden fan signing event spread and reached Soojung too. She thought she had to go. It was the moment to see her idol closer than ever before.


The day of the event, Soojung took permission from Dr. Kim to take half of the day off. She took a cab directly to the venue from her clinic.

On reaching, the place was already filled up with hundreds of fans already standing in line. She went ahead and joined them too.

After hours of waiting, fans started to cheer energetically. She guessed Jaejoong was out already but couldn't see due to the huge crowd in front of her. So she just waited patiently for her turn to come.

As her line to Jaejoong gets nearer, her heart beat felt faster thumping like it was gonna burst. She could feel her cheeks blushing and eyes tearing up again.

"Damn Krystal! Control yourself! You're gonna ruin yourself in front of him if you don't get a hold of yourself!" She thought to herself patting her face so she would cool down a bit.

After the girl in front of her left, Soojung eyes met Jaejoong's and she lowered down her eyes instantly, blushing a little. Jaejoong smiled finally seeing the girl again.

But he thought she looked different today. On the day of the concert, she looked innocent with just a white tee and denim shorts. But today, she looked mature and even more beautiful. Her wavy brown hair was falling naturally over her shoulder, her eyes were shining more with the subtle eyeshadow she had and mininal eyeliner and her pink lips. She was wearing high waisted trouser with white blouse tucked in and had her heels on. She looked like those smart women you see on movies.

Jaejoong noticed all the details in just few seconds.

"What's your name?" He asked her with the sweetest smile ever.

Soojung became frozen seeing the smile. She still couldn't believe she was this close to Jaejoong and that he freaking smiled at her. 

"Excuse me?" Jaejoong asked again when she didn't respond.

"Oh...yeah...my name...it's Krys...no Soo..." Soojung stuttered.

"I guess you have many names..." Jaejoong smiled again and wrote something on his poster that he was signing.

"Krystal or Soojung...anything's fine." She finally said.

"Thank you for coming." He said as he smiled and gave her the poster.

"I...I love you." Soojung gathered the courage to say what she always wanted to say and got out of the place.

 Jaejoong's heart skipped a beat hearing the words from her.

"No...don't overthink. Every fans say that to me...it's nothing new. She's like any other fans." He told himself in his head trying to control himself.

Once Soojung was further away, she finally let out a deep breath. 

"How long have I been holding my breath? This is insane." She told herself.


When she was home, she bragged to Chaeyoung endlessly about her encounter with Jaejoong. 

"He smiled at meeee!!" Soojung screamed holding a pillow over her face and kicking her legs in the air from excitement.

"He smiles at everyone Soojung...he smiled at me too when I went years ago." Chaeyoung said like it was no big deal.

Soojung pouted not liking how Chaeyoung was not as excited.

"Anyway see this." Soojung said as she took out the poster she got and showed it to Chaeyoung.

"To Krystal or Soojung,
You are beautiful. Stay beautiful as you are." 

"Did you tell him to write this for you?" Chaeyoung asked a little surprised.

"No...he wrote it himself. I only told him my name." Soojung said with a grin.

"This oppa has become quite a player now." Chaeyoung said as she smirked.

"My oppa said I'm beautiful and I finally confessed to him too" Soojung said flipping her hair like she got the world.

"Snap out of your dreamland baby." Chaeyoung said as she snapped her fingers twice in front of Soojung's face.