Chapter-10

Love Like a Dream

Jaejoong came to Soojung's clinic to have lunch with her. He didn't check with her whether she was at the clinic or not. He just assumed she would be there. But when he arrived, he was told by the nurse there that she had gone out for a seminar. He decided to wait since he was told she'd be back before lunch time. 

He was sitting on the waiting chairs outside and flipping through the magazines that were placed there. 

"Is Dr. Soojung here?" 

A guy's voice made Jaejoong look up from the magazine he was reading.
He saw Taeyong asking the nurse about Soojung and the nurse told him the same thing she told Jaejoong.

Taeyong's eyes met with Jaejoong's when he turned around. They just slightly bowed awkwardly and Taeyong went ahead and sat a chair away from Jaejoong and played with his phone while Jaejoong continued reading the magazine. 

"Why is he here now of all the time? This is too awkward." They both thought.

Finally after about 30 mins of waiting, Soojung came.

"Dr...there's people waiting for you." The nurse told her as soon as she stepped in.

"Who?" 

The nurse looked towards where Jaejoong and Taeyong were waiting. Soojung followed her eyes and saw them. 

Both Jaejoong and Taeyong stood up when they saw Soojung walking towards them and they could feel the invisible tension rising between them.

"Why are you guys here?" She asked them kinda shocked to see them both here all at once.

"I came to have lunch with you." Jaejoong said before Taeyong could let out a word. He wasn't gonna let Taeyong win.

"And you?" Soojung asked as she looked at Taeyong.

"I also came to have lunch with you." He told her as he eyed to see Jaejoong's reaction.

Jaejoong just let out a smirk.

Soojung was left speechless. She didn't know what to tell them. They waited for her and it seemed rude to just send them away and it'd be awkward to go have lunch together too. 

"You see...um...I'm kinda...busy..." She stuttered as she tried to give a convincing lie. 

"You know you're really bad at lying." Jaejoong said as he looked into her eyes and smiled.

"Damn that killer smile." Soojung sweared silently.

"Krys!!" 

Jennie came running towards Soojung breaking her from falling deeper into Jaejoong. Chaeyoung followed behind Jennie and she stopped midway when she saw the people in front of Soojung.

"Oh my god!" Chaeyoung shrieked. "Are these people who I think they are?" 

"Jaejoong oppa!" She shrieked again with her hands on still shocked to see Jaejoong up close. 

"Calm down." Soojung whispered to her embarrased in front of Jaejoong. 

"Oh...is he that Jaejoong? That Jajoong that you..." Soojung covered Jennie's mouth before she could blurt out whatever she was gonna say. 

"Hello...I'm Jaejoong." Jaejoong smiled at the reactions and introduced himself in the middle of the chaos.

"Hi...I'm Jennie, Krystal's college friend." She introduced herself with a smile.

"And you are..?" Jennie said as she looked towards Taeyong. "Oh wait...I think I know you...you're that guy...in the same show as her."

"Yeah...I'm glad you know. I'm Taeyong by the way." Taeyong said finally happy to get some attention too.

"And she's Chaeyoung...my cousin." Soojung introduced Chaeyoung in her stead. "I guess she's too shocked to even talk. Sorry for that." 

"But why are you both here?" Jennie asked them.

"I just came to meet her...have fun with your friends. I'll see ya later." Jaejoong said and left. 

"I'm leaving too...see ya." Taeyong also left following Jaejoong.

"But..." Soojung was left without she could even say a word.

"They just do whatever they want." She said to herself.


"Taeyong...right?" Jaejoong approached Taeyong when he came out too.

"How about we go for a drink now?" Jaejoong suggested out of nowhere and Taeyong was caught off guard.

"Oh...it's still pretty early but ok..." He agreed before he could even think.


"So...let's be honest now." Jaejoong told Taeyong as he poured him a drink.

"You like her too, don't you?"

"Uh...well..." Taeyong stuttered.

"I like her and I'm serious about it. I'm seriously planning to ask her out too. So if you're not serious, I wish you'd just step down cause I can see you're also interested in her. But if you're also serious, I suggest we try our best in our own way and see who she chooses and not make things too awkward." Jaejoong told him before he could even answer.

"Actually I'm kinda serious too." Taeyong finally said. "And I don't want to appear disrespectful to you too cause you're a big senior that I really looked up to but since you said it...I'll also do things my way to win her...I hope you won't have any ill feelings." 

"Sure. Let's cheers to that then." Jaejoong said with a smile as they clinked their glasses of beer. 


"What is up with Jajoong and Taeyong? Why were they both there?" Chaeyoung asked Soojung still not eating the lunch in front of her.

"I don't know...they said they wanted to have lunch with me...but they just left like that...I don't understand..." Soojung said as she picked on her salad with her fork. 

"Oh my god! They're interested in you." Chaeyoung gasped with her hands on .

"Chaeyoung, can you calm down and eat now? It's nothing like that." Soojung told her.

"Jennie...you tell me now." Chaeyoung turned to Jennie who was silently eating her food.

"Okay well..." Jennie said as she tried to finish chewing her food and wiped her lips with a napkin as she got ready to finally speak out her mind.
"The fact that they both waited for you to have lunch with you means they're kinda interested in you. I won't know how much interested they would be but they are...to some level."

"See?" Chaeyoung said when Jennie spoke in favour of her opinion. 

"Guys...just stop it. Why would Jaejoong or Taeyong be even interested in me? They're superstars. Their standard would definitely be higher than that." Soojung told them thinking what they were saying was ridiculous.

"Let's see...you never know with life girl." Jennie told her and teasingly winked.