Chapter-14

Love Like a Dream

"Okay, we're starting now." Shouted one of the staff.

"Cue" Said another with a rolled paper pointing towards Soojung.

Heechul and Taeyong were looking to the camera waiting for Soojung to start her opening lines. But Soojung was spaced out looking down on her scripts. 

"Soojung" Taeyong hissed to get her attention.

"Oh...it's starting already?" Soojung said as she finally lifted her head and looked around. She saw the camera already rolling and everyone waiting for her to start. 

"I'm so sorry. Can we start over? I'm sorry." She said as she bowed to everyone apologizing. 

The filming finally began and there were several times they had to do a retake cause Soojung was not much in her attentive state of mind. But they still managed to finish the filming well. 

"I'm so sorry, PD nim."  She told the PD feeling bad.

"Is something wrong? You're never one to go out of focus." The PD asked her.

"Um...yeah...I guess I'm not feeling so well." She told him.

"Well take it easy." The PD told her as he gave a slight pat on her shoulder.

Back in the waiting room, Heechul was also leaving cause he had another shoot to go to.

Taeyong was just sitting there playing with his phone.

"Aren't you leaving yet?" Soojung asked him.

"Did something happen?" Taeyong asked looking at her instead of answering her question.

"Hmm? Like what?" Soojung answered cluelessly.

"Nothing." Taeyong said as he got up.

"Let's go." 

 

Soojung was back in her clinic seeing her patients. At least keeping herself busy kept her mind away from being reminded of what happened the night before. But she knew she couldn't avoid it forever.

After work, Jaejoong was already waiting for her outside. When she saw him, she wanted to run away or hide somewhere but she had no choice. 

"So...ready to have a talk?" Jaejoong asked her smiling a bit.

"Okay." Soojung said with the least bit of excitement. She wasn't sure yet of what she was gonna say but this time she's gonna leave it all to her heart.

They just went to someplace with not much people and parked the car at the side. They just had to talk inside the car. 

"Sorry I couldn't think of any place to go to. I don't wanna risk getting caught now." Jaejoong told her as he rubbed the back of his neck with his hand and feeling a bit bad. 

"It's okay. I understand." Soojung said looking down and playing with her hairtie she had on her wrist. 

"So tell me." Jaejoong said as he turned towards her giving her all his attention.

Soojung could feel her face become hot and couldn't lift up her face knowing her face would be as red as an apple. She didn't want him to see that. 

"Should I go first then?" Jaejoong asked seeing her keeping quiet for so long. 

"Everything I said yesterday...I meant every single word of it." Jaejoong said with his eyes still fixed on her. "I know dating me won't be all flowers and rainbows. There can be times when you get hurt too. But I want to protect you at all costs. I know I'm being selfish too asking you to love me when I know loving me would mean having to put up with so many things. But I still want you by my side...With you, I feel like I can find happiness everyday." 

"Your turn now."  He said and patiently waited for her to say something.

Soojung understood everything he said. He knew how relationship with celebrities are not all flowers and rainbows like he said. She had seen so much even if she never wasn't in a relation with a celebrity. She knew how their fans could turn their back in an instant, how the world would constantly watch every action of them, how she was gonna be judged for every single thing, how everything he did or she did would be linked to one another. She could list down the cons of dating him endlessly. But when she thought of letting him go, she could feel the pain in her heart already. She felt like she would regret it forever in her life if she didn't hold onto him.

"There was a time when I used to dream of being your girlfriend. But now that you finally ask me to be your girlfriend, I can't believe I'm giving it so much thought. Back then, I thought I'd agree in an instant." Soojung said as she finally lifted her head and chuckle at herself. 

Jaejoong laughed a little too and continued listening.

"Honestly, I'm scared. I'm scared of all the things that would happen eventually. I'm also scared that I might let go if things become too hard. But right now, I'm more scared of my heart being empty forever unable to mend if I let you go."  Soojung confessed her feelings choking up a little.

"Come here." Jaejoong said as he wrapped his arms around her and embraced her.

"If things get too hard that you become unable to breathe and you want to run away, I won't stop you but I wish you'd still stay me through everything." 

"I will." Soojung said looking into Jaejoong's eyes and smiled.

 

Taeyong came to meet Jennie at her clinic. 

"You're coming quite frequently." Jennie said when she saw Taeyong coming inside her office.

"It's only been twice." Taeyong retorted.

"Twice is a lot actually." Jennie said with a concerned look on her face.

"Enough with all that. What's going on with Soojung?" Taeyong said as soon as he sat down across Jennie.

"What do you mean?"

"She was not herself today. She was so out of it. She never loses focus during filming even when she wasn't feeling well. But today she messed up quite a lot and..." 

"Everyone has that kind of day you know, when things don't go as well as any other day." Jennie told him and started to pack her bag to leave.

"Are you gonna stay here forever?" She asked him when he was stilk sitting there even after she got up.

He followed her out and till her car. 

"Ok...listen now." Jennie said after letting out a sigh.

"I'm telling you this cause I feel bad but you just knkw this yourself. Jaejoong confessed his feelings already and I think Soojung's gonna agree too. I mean he loves him too obviously." 

"What? Jaejoong conf....?" Taeyong almost shouted but was stopped by Jennie covering his mouth and looking around to see if anyone else was there. But fortunately, they didn't see anyone.

"But you promised to help me." Taeyong complained like a child as soon as Jennie took her hands off his mouth.

"I wish I could. Really. But when it comes to love, who would listen to anyone else other than their heart. They don't even listen to their own brain let alone a second person." 

"But really I'm sorry, Taeyong." She said touching his arm like comforting him and turned around to get in the car.

"So my love remains hidden this way?" Taeyong said in a soft voice like he was talking to himself.

Jennie stopped and turned around and told him, "That is your choice. If you think you can handle keeping you love hidden, suit yourself and if you think she deserves to know irrespective of the result, that's your call too."