Chapter-2

Love Like a Dream

Years passed after Soojung's last visit in Korea. She also became closer to Chaeyoung as they talked almost everyday and as she promised, she always sent her TVXQ albums from Korea. That was enough for Soojung to get through her loneliness in high school.

Chaeyoung would sometimes send pictures of her going to TVXQ concerts and talked about how amazing it was. That made Soojung kinda jealous. She wished she could go to their concerts too like her cousin but she never got the chance. So she promised to herself that someday she too would go to their concert. 

The year 2009

Soojung finished her high school and got a scholarship to attend a medical college in Canada. Her parents were worried to send her away for the first time considering she was quite an introvert. But Soojung wanted to start a new life. She wanted to grow more and be independent and learn to be more confident. So she convinced her parents to send her to Canada.

First day in college, moving into dorm.

Soojung arrived at dorm with her parents following her with boxes and suitcase containing her belongings. When they reached her room, they kept the things down and started organizing everything.

"Mom, Dad. It's okay..I'll do it. You guys can go." Soojung tried to send her parents away.

"No...we'll do it. It's fine. It's still pretty early anyway." Soojung's dad said after slightly looking on his watch and continued tidying up the room with her mom.

Soojung had no choice but to let them be and started helping them out too.

After they were done tidying up, her parents tried to stay longer as they wait for her roomate to come. They wanted to know what kind of person they were gonna leave their daughter with.

"Mom, Dad. It's really late now. Please go." Soojung begged them.

"Why isn't your roomate still here?" Her mom sighed with a worried look on her face.

"Mom...I'll be okay whoever comes." Soojung tried to convince her mom although she herself wasn't really confident enough.

"But..." 

"Please, mom." Soojung pleaded her with puppy eyes.

Finally she managed to send her parents away and they got pretty emotional as they left making Soojung kinda teary. 

Soojung lied down on her new bed and finally got a good look of the room. She loved how cozy it felt with the sun shining through the window and the wind blowing the white curtains. The walls were painted mint green and she liked how it calmed her down.

"Oh damn it!" 

Soojung got up at the sound of a girl getting irritated over something that dropped.
The girls was petite with face so small and her brown hair being pulled up into a tight ponytail. 

"Let me help." Soojung mustered up her courage to finally go talk to a stranger for the first time.

She helped the girl put the things that fell inside the box that she brought.

"Thanks." The girl said after they were done.

"So I guess you're my roomate?" The girl asked finally facing Soojung.

"Um..yeah." Soojung replied in a small voice.

"Hi. I'm Jennie. Jennie Kim. I'm from New Zealand." The new girl introduced herself with a bright smile and hel out her hand for a handshake.

"I'm Krystal Jung. I came from San Francisco." She said as she shook Jennie's hand.

"Jung? So you're Korean?" 

Soojung just nodded her head in affirmation.

"I'm guessing you're kind of an introvert." Jennie remarked with her arms folded across her chest.

"I guess I am." Soojung replied.

"Let's see if you can still be an introvert around me." Jennie said as she swung her arm around Soojung's neck.

"Ouch!" 

"Was that too much for the first day?" Jennie said finally releasing her arms from Soojung's neck. 

"No..it was quite welcoming." Soojung replied with a small laugh as she finally let herself go making Jennie laugh too.

"She's kinda like Chaeyoung. I feel like 
we're gonna be good friends."
Soojung thought and a smile came across her face.