Chapter-16

Love Like a Dream

Late at night, Jaejoong went near Soojung's place to meet her. The later the time, the lesser the chance for them to be caught. Jaejoong would sometimes intentionally borrow his manager's car since some fans knew his car too. Soojung also started wearing mask and cap or a scarf to cover up her face just for precaution. They didn't want to risk getting caught when they just started dating.

 

Soojung rushed into the car as soon as she came and slightly pulled down the mask that was making her stuffy but still kept the cap on. 

"It's hard, isn't it?" Jaejoong said with a sorry face.

"No it's still ok for now." Soojung said with a smile.

"Sorry...you can't even sleep properly and go out for dates in day time like others."

"That's why it's special. Why do we have to do everything that everyone does? I'm fine this way. And don't worry about my sleep cause if I really wanted to sleep I wouldn't have come out anyway. You know I can't compromise anything with my sleep. And going on dates in day time, I don't like that either...you know I don't like going to places with many people." 

"Well...thank you for giving me priority instead of your sleep. It's an honor." Jaejoong joked . 

"That's why you should stop feeling bad too." Soojung told him.

Jaejoong took her small hand in his and smiled as he looked into her eyes. 

The moment Soojung saw his beautiful eyes staring at her, she started blushing and avoided his gaze. 

"Did you drink a lot yesterday?" She asked trying to shift the conversation to something else.

Jaejoong smiled and looked away from her but still holding onto her hand. 

"Yeah to the point I passed out." Jaejoong answered.

"Why did you drink so much?" Soojung said feeling worried. "I know you love drinking but don't drink so much at a time." 

"It feels nice to have someone nagging me." Jaejoong said smiling.

"You didn't have dinner yet, right?" Soojung asked as she rummages her bag. 

Then she brought out a tiffin and gave it to Jaejoong.

"Have this." 

Jaejoong opened it to see nicely put rows of perfectly rolled kimbaps.

"Wow!" Jaejoong exclaimed, impressed. 

"So I guess this is what it feels like to have your girlfriend make lunch box for you. It feels nice." Jaejoong said as he happily ate the kimbaps.

Soojung smiled satisfied seeing him enjoy it.

After they were done eating, they just sat inside the car listening to songs and staring into the night sky while holding their hands.

"I met Yunho and Changmin yesterday. We all met up actually, with Yoochun and Junsu too all thanks to Heechul hyung." Jaejoong said breaking the silence.

"Oh my god! Really?" Soojung suddenly got up from her slightly inclined seat.

"Uh...I mean...really?" She said again this time composing herself when she realised she was too excited before. 

"You like it that much?" Jaejoong asked laughing at her action.

"Am I supposed to react as your girlfriend or a fan?" She said confused. 

"Why not both?" Jaejoong said. 

"As a fan, this would be like the greatest news ever. I mean reunion concert and all is good but just knowing you guys reconciled would be enough to make me happy too.I lived to witness this day so..." 

Jaejoong just listened to her smiling. He found her exceptionally cute seeing her eyes glisten as she talked about them.

"Ah...it was too over wasn't it?" Soojung said embarrased as she finally realised she totally just fangirled over her boyfriend in front of her boyfriend.

"How about as a girlfriend?"  Jaejoong asked.

"Well I'd be more curious about what you feel." She said in a more serious tone. "How did you feel now that you finally met them and talked to them?"

"It feels good...we finally agreed to put everything in the past and just move ahead and support each other." 

"Do you still feel hurt or you're already moving on now?" Soojung asked because she knew Jaejoong always tried to move forward but was always held back by the past.

"Yeah I think I can move on now. Everyone's in a good place now, happy and healthy. What more can I even ask for?" Jaejoong said. "It's crazy that so many times have gone by without us talking that there were so many things to talk about, we didn't even know where to start." 

"Changmin even learned how to cook. I mean I never once thought he'd cook us a meal....he was such a kid and now..."

Jaejoong kept going on and on about their meeting the night before. Soojung just listened without interrupting him. She was happy to see him excitedly talk about the members freely. 

But as he went on talking, Soojung got tired and ended up falling alseep. 

"And then we all fell asleep and..." He stopped midway as he looked to his side to see Soojung asleep.

"I must have gone on for too long." He thought to himself and let out a sigh.

He decided to drive her back home and when they reached, he slightly shook her shoulder to wake her up. 

"We're here. Wake up." He said in the softest deepest voice.

"Where?" Soojung said half conscious as she opened her eyes.

"Your apartment of course." 

"Ah...did I fall asleep? Sorry." she said when she remembered Jaejoong excitedly narrating the stories.

"It's okay." Jaejoong told her smiling.

Soojung unfastened the seat belt and was about to open the door when Jaejoong said, "Feel free to act like a fan too in front of me. You really don't have to worry about that. Your fan side was pretty cute anyway."

"Ah...I don't really feel comfortable doing that so..." Soojung told him as she gave an awkward smile. 

"Well then Goodnight." She said as she went out the car.

"Goodnight." Jaejoong replied back and waited until she went inside.