Warm

Last Light

The coldest hour of the night was coming. Wonsik had spent the entire evening talking about how 'adorable' Taekwoon's confession had been. He kept kissing Taekwoon's cheek- oh it made him so happy, he wanted Wonsik to kiss him even more.

'I'm cold,' he murmured. Wonsik hugged him. 'I'll warm you.' Taekwoon snuggled up against the wolfboy's chest, making a catlike purring sound. Cats and dogs don't get along often, but to Wonsik, Taekwoon's purring was adorable.

Taekwoon, in general, was adorable. At first, he appeared very cold and intimidating- until you noticed his resemblance to a hamster. And heard how soft and sweet his voice was. Then, he became adorable.

That was Wonsik's favorite word to describe Taekwoon, because it fit so well. He was precious and cute, and Wonsik adored him.

Taekwoon sighed and opened his dark eyes to look up at Wonsik. Wonsik kissed Taekwoon's forehead and whispered, 'Go to sleep again.'

The wolfboy had gone soft for Taekwoon.

Morning came, and faint reddish light spread through the dirty prisonlike room. Along with it came bitter cold. Taekwoon, who had nothing but a worn out coat to cover his upper body, remained curled against Wonsik for warmth. Wonsik made a comment he'd been thinking ever since Taekwoon gave his shirt away to the half-frozen Lee Hongbin. 'You're so skinny.'

His voice was full of pain, because Taekwoon was visibly starving. It tore at Wonsik's heart to see the man he loved so fragile- Taekwoon could barely even move. He wanted to protect him; he wanted to bring him a better life.

But there was no way.

Taekwoon flinched at Wonsik's remark. 'I'm fine.'

'You are clearly not fine. You can't even lift your hands.'

'I'll probably survive,' Taekwoon said with absolutely no confidence.

'I HATE that "probably." You will survive. I'll take care of you.'

'Will we ever get put of here?' Taekwoon asked.

'I hope so,' Wonsik replied gloomily.

It started to rain. Water poured down outside, so now they were cold, wet, and in darkness.

'This is sure to brighten the mood a lot,' Hakyeon grumbled. Chanyeol shrugged. 'It's just water.'

'And cold. And darkness.'

'I don't mind.'

Lee Hongbin raised his head and stared at Wonsik and Taekwoon. His face was skeletal, the bones clearly showing through the skin. His eyes were sunken and his lips were pale and chapped.

'Th-thanks hyung- for the shirt,' he managed to say. Hongbin was literally at the gate to heaven, yet he wasn't letting go.

Taekwoon forced a smile. 'You're welcome.' For the first time, Wonsik noticed that Taekwoon's face was also gaunt. His red eyes looked tired, his face was almost as skeletal as Hongbin's. Wonsik wanted to cry. 'I love you,' he said randomly.

Taekwoon looked surprised but happy. 'I love you too.'