(More) Pain

Last Light

'You saw Taekwoon.'

'I did.'

'Park Chanyeol, he disappeared nearly seven years ago. He's probably dead by now.'

'Sure about that?' Chanyeol held out his phone.

Wonsik choked.

On the screen, sure enough, was a photo of Taekwoon. He still wore those ripped black jeans and coat, nothing else. No shoes and no shirt. His hair was cut to jaw-length, very messily- it had probably been done with a knife. He looked perfectly healthy too.

He was staring straight at the camera, his red eyes glowing like they did when he was nervous. He was in a kneeling position on top of a rock, biting his lip and....

Dear, god, he was doing the middle finger.

And he was still beautiful. Six and a half years, scars on his face, but he was still perfect. Wonsik didn't know if he should laugh or cry.

'He really is alive.'

'Well hyung?' Chanyeol smiled. 'Are we going to find him?'

 

(Leo)

Taek had been enjoying himself. 

He knew Wonsik was probably heartbroken, but who cared? He knew Hongbin had died, and that hurt, but he survived. Easy. He knew Jongup was still on the loose, but that kid. He was having fun.

Sometimes he'd come out in the open, and someone would hear him or catch a glimpse of him; oh how he relished their shrieks. He was clearly not entirely happy, as him still missed Wonsik, but hell. This was better than the asylum.

Also, there was the plot to bring Wonsik to tears, crying and screaming and begging on his knees for Taek to come back. Taek still loved him, too.

He had just needed a break.

 

(Extra side of the underrated JENLISA)

 

'I still feel bad for Kong,' Lisa sighed.

'I know. Taek too. But hell, they're in better places now. Hopefully.'

Lisa kissed her. 'Yeah, and I think Wonsik is getting over his heartbreak.'

Appropriately, it was at that instant that Jung Taekwoon strolled casually into the yard.