I Miss You

Last Light

'Taekwoon.'

Ah, how good hearing Wonsik's deep voice after so many years. 'Hello, Kim Wonsik,' Taek said smugly. 'It's been a while. Nice to see you again.'

'Taekwoon,' Wonsik's eyes filled with tears. 'I missed you- oh, Taek-'

'Poor you,' Taekwoon smirked.

'Taekwoon? Are you....- Wonsik blinked in confusion. 'We...'

Taek flipped his dark hair out of his face. 'Still crazy about me? Cute. But I'm sorry. I have a great life already, I don't miss you.'

He lied, but it was strangely easy. The lie slipped out so naturally and easily, it worried him. He couldn't have lost his feelings for Wonsik...

Then the younger man bit his lip and stared at the ground, and Taek felt the familiar rush all over again. Yes, he still loved Wonsik. Yes, he missed him. But it was already said...besides, sad Wonsik was cute!

'You don't love me.' Wonsik looked ready to cry. 'That's why you left. You hate me.'

No, Taekwoon thought. I don't. I love you.

'You're so smart, Wonsik-ah.' He smiled a superior smile. 'You figured it out so fast. It only took you six years.'

'Sarcasm....mocking? You aren't...you.'

'Oh, I'm very much me.' 

'I-'

'Shut up.' Taekwoon slapped him. 'Enough of that stuttering. Say something.'

'You look....beautiful.'

'That,' Taek announced, 'was the corniest thing ever.'

Wonsik did cry. Looking lost, he ran away into the house, away from Taekwoon.

Taek ought to have felt heartbroken, but he just felt slightly disappointed. He watched Wonsik go calmly, his face void of emotion.

Jennie Kim stepped up. Her face was set in a scowl. 'Nice job, Taekwoon. You broke him.'

She raised her club and Lisa screamed.

Taekwoon's eyes glowed so brightly, they looked on fire. He reached for his pocket, and in a flash, he had a revolver out and was pointing it straight at Jennie's head.

'Did-' Jennie gasped. 'Did YOU kill Kong?'

Taekwoon shook his head. 'Nah, Jongup did that. Cute kid with the heart of a criminal. I stole his gun.' He twirled the gun absently. 'Nice toy. Can come in handy sometimes.'

Jennie snarled at him. 'Leave.'

He raised the gun and aimed at a bug on the wall. Jennie laughed scornfully. 'You'll never hit-'

Taekwoon fired.

The two girls stood frozen, staring at the wall, where the squished remains of the bug still clung to the wood.

'I'll never hit what?' Taekwoon asked.

He raced off to the woods. Lisa raised her hand to the wall, but didn't touch it.

'He's not Taekwoon....he's not our Taek anymore,' she said.

From the edge of the woods, a bullet flew. 

It lodged directly in the wood, the exact same spot he had hit before.

'He's not,' Jennie agreed.