chapter fourteen: new feelings

wonderland share house ⇔ chapter fifteen is out!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

• • •

chapter fourteen.

Eunjae sighed as he stared at his drink, resting his cheek on the cold granite of the bar, the bartender shaking his head, as Eunjae pulled his phone scrolling down his messages till he found the housemate group chat. Pressing it he typed out a message before hitting send, looking at his home screen he felt his eyes beginning to water.

A few hours before.

Jangmi yawned as EUnjae stretched waking up from his nap as Hayoung shook her head beside him continuing working on a paper that was due soon, Jinwoo took the seat beside Jangmi passing out their coffees. Opening his laptop again as Eunjae stared at Jangmi whom was looking through her notes.

"Jangmi-ah."

"What?" She asked clearly annoyed to anyone else, but the housemates knew differently.

"How did Hongseok confess his feelings to you?" Eunjae asked, the other two sputtering as Jangmi looked up from her notebook raising an eyebrow at the older.

"Why? Want to confess to Soohyuk-shi?"

"Wh-what?! No!" Eunjae sputtered the three looking at him and sighing.

"Just tell him you want to be more than whatever you guys are, already." Jangmi said sipping her tea, Eunjae shook his head waving off the others statement.

"Go back to whatever you guys were doing. I'm off." He said, noticing the time, heading out the house towards Soohyuk's place.

"Ah, Yanan invited me to hang out with you and the guys tonight." Jinwoo said, Jangmi squinting her eyes at the other.

"It's not just the guys it's Hyunah's house warming." Jangmi said, eyeing Jinwoo as Hayoung bit her lip and continued typing. "Hayoung, she invited you too."

The youngest looked at her in shock before smiling and nodding, Jinwoo scoffing.

"Am I not allowed to hang out with you guys? I thought we became friends once I told you I don't like like you anymore?" Jinwoo whined crossing his arms as Inna entered the house, greeting the three. 

"I never said we were friends. You're friends with Yanan." Jangmi said, taking her materials and going back to her room.

"I'm still going!" Jinwoo yelled at the other that just shrugged as she opened her door.

"Whats going on?" Inna asked looking through the fridge.

"Eunjae oppa, is gonna confess to Soohyuk, Jangmi's cousin is having a house warming that Yanan invited Jinwoo to. Jinwoo oppa thought him and Jangmi unnie were friends, when she never thought of them that way." Hayoung clued the older in whom slowly nodded.

"So who's going drinking with Eunjae?" Inna asked, the two looked at each other before back to the other med student. "I heard one of the med juniors has a major thing for Soohyuk and has been spending a lot of time at his place." Inna said, the other two sighed before going to their rooms, Inna shrugged before responding to a group chat with her friends.

 

Dahyun sighed walking into the club, looking around she spotted Eunjae with his head still on the counter, Walking over to him she sat beside him ordering herself a drink.

"Wanna talk about it?" She said Eunjae sat up, his left cheek red from laying on it, he shook his head resting his head on her shoulder. "Okay. " The two sat in silence, Dahyun patted his shoulder softly comforting him. Jangmi, Jinwoo and Hayoung showed up next, spotting the two they headed to the bar. Jinwoo put a hand on Eunjae's back the other looking behind them and smiling seeing the youngest three standing there. Inna walked through the door still in her home clothes getting eyed strangely by anyone that looked at her as she walked over to them.

"We're here for you." She said as his eyes watered again, a sob raking through his body as the others patted him and comforted him. 

 

The housemates sat in the living room, watching some movie Eunjae wanted to watch, cans of beer and coke sat spread on the table along with snacks on the floor. Dahyun sat on the ground, Eunjae's head resting in her lap as he had fall asleep not too long ago. Hayoung in the arm chair to their left also asleep, Jinwoo and Jangmi sat on the couch both having fallen asleep as well. Inna smiled as she looked at them from the arm chair on the right, Dahyun carding her hand through Eunjae's hair.

"They really are like kids." Inna whispered, Dahyun laughed and nodded looking a the younger housemates.

 

December came quicker then the housemates expected, especially with EUnjae demanding they decorated this year. They all agreed not wanting the other to feel sad again. Jinwoo smiled as he walked out of the cafe with Yanan, the two talking about the movie they were planning to watch togehter at Yanan's place. The two having become closer friends than anyone expected for the last few months. 

"Ah, I'm gonna grab some snacks real quick." Yanan said, pointing at the convience store before Jinwoo could offer, he motioned the other to stay put. Jinwoo put his hands up in surrender with a smile. Jinwoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter