The Last Words

Wake Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Last Words

“Ah, I had to use the Poison S in order to make sure that Master believed that I was dead,” Seungri answered Mark’s question, “You see, as I remember correctly, he likes to give some kind of a present whenever we part. Remember our mission in Switzerland? Despite knowing the risks, he still allowed us to collaborate, even if it was only for less than five minutes. He is extremely sentimental — you see how the headquarters were basically filled with roses. Everything undoubtedly indicates that he doesn’t like goodbyes and enjoys spoiling people, because this is what he wasn’t able to do with his late wife.”

“So basically, he tried to make up for his wife’s difficult life by treating us. Am I thinking correctly?” Mark asked, as he nodded while comprehending all the information. 

“You can say so. In any case, I knew that he was aware of my upcoming attacks and I was also expecting him to do something big. Therefore, I had to fake my death,” the maknae explained as he tried to read his hyungs’ expressions. Some confusion, disbelief, and shock were visible; then again, he hadn’t expected anything else, “There was a slight correlation between the degree of danger of the size of the so called ‘presents’ from him. Therefore, I decided to try my luck and get something that Master would have never disclosed if the circumstances were slightly different.” 

For a few seconds, silence filled the room. A beat later Mark’s eyes sparkled dangerously and the agent narrowed them a little bit. Then he said, in a way too calm voice. “You are so reckless. Be glad that we are in a public place. If it were otherwise, I would have gotten you over my knee and spanked the living out you.”

Everyone in the room shivered and gulped once they heard the threat. Mark had this kind of chilly and distant aura around him. One simply knows that he’s not the kind of guy with whom you would like to screw with. Seungri, on the other hand, just rolled his eyes.

“Yah, roll your eyes again and I will make your stay at this hospital longer,” Mark warned, the corner of his mouth slightly twisting up as he tried to hide his amusement.

“As if you would do that,” the idol cocked his eyebrow questioningly.

“Oh, is it a challenge, Joker?” the older agent asked and tilted his head, smirking in delight.

“My, you want to turn it into a challenge, Batman?” Seungri chuckled at their childish behavior. Even to that day they were fooling around like nine-year-olds.

As Mark was about to reply, Seungri suddenly remembered something and his eyes widened in surprise. Jiyong, who was sitting right next to him, sensed the sudden tension in the maknae and asked in worry, “Are you all right, Seungri-ah?”

“Hyung, what were Masters’ last words?”

“I don’t remember,” the leader replied, meticulously analyzing Seungri’s facial expression.

“‘The oldest will fall last and with them the past’. Why? Was it in relation to that present from Master?” Catwoman replied as she leaned on her hands on the bed’s frame, in front of the patient. “Wait… Yes, I got distracted. Gimme a second,” Seungri replied his eyes set on a point somewhere on his knees. One could see so many things flashing in his eyes. Just a couple of seconds later he looked up at surrounding him people, “I need to leave. Like, right now.”

“What?” nearly everyone shouted in unison. 

“Whoa, Riri, wait, wait, wait,” Mark stopped the maknae who was about to forcibly disconnect his IVs, “Care to explain first? If you think I will let you go in this state, you are so damn wrong.”“It’s Master! He hasn’t deleted everything yet! ‘The oldest will fall last and with them the past’ - it means that those from the Core will be the last ones to die!” Riri turned to confounded Big Bang, “The Core consists of the first members of the Rose Project. Basically: the Master, the original staff, and the prime groups. I mean, the ones with the Greek letters: alpha, beta, etc. Then, if I remember correctly, Master said that he wished to see fireworks with me once again. The very first headquarters will soon explode! And I just have a feeling that all of the files are still there! Seriously, I can just bet my life on it!”

“What do fireworks have to do with the destruction of buildings?” Catwoman asked in awe. 

“I once told Master that I have never seen fireworks in my life. Just a week later, he took me on a mission. I was around ten or so and it was just two months after I have joined Rose Project,” Seungri said in a rather rushed tone, “We arrived at the place where the mission was just about to be finished. We just sat on one of the rooftops, somewhere far away. I don’t remember where it was exactly, but somewhere with forests and some hills. Anyway, at first Master didn’t tell me the reason why we had left headquarters and I never questioned him, thinking that he would tell me sooner or later.

“After sitting down, we just stared at some old buildings in front of us. When I was about to inquire about what was going on, suddenly all constructions have fallen - with the exception of ours, of course. I was completely shocked at what happened and I recall myself gaping stupidly at the view.

“Then Master turned to me and said “I am sorry that I cannot show you true fireworks, because I cannot afford them. Not in the financial sense, but as in: I don’t want to risk being exposed. Therefore, I decided to show you as the base of our enemy exploding colorfully instead.”” Riri shook his head, disbelief visible on his face, “Circa four tall buildings have detonated and some colorful gas and some kind of material (most probably paper) scattered around the blasts. It was a very beautiful yet chaotic performance. Since then, when Master and I talked we used explosions and fireworks interchangeably.”

“Ah, that explains a lot. I heard Master say something about fireworks a few times, but in the end I never asked him why,” the woman nodded, finally understanding the hidden meaning. 

“Mhm. In any case, I just know that I have to get there. The police has to know about the whole RP! We have kept it undercover for so long! We need to disclose the information!” Seungri pleaded, wriggling in his bed. 

“But you are injured! There’s no way you will get there without harming yourself! I am sure that you can’t even stand properly,” TOP surprised everyone with his sudden outburst. The maknae’s recklessness really angered him.

“Please! We don’t know when the building will be destroyed; therefore, we have to get there as soon as possible!” Seungri begged and turned his gaze towards Mark. He clasped his hands together and whispered, “Please...”

Batman sighed and shouted, “Aish, this kid! Fine!”

“What?!” Big Bang couldn’t believe what they heard. 

Mark has already taken out his phone and ordered sternly, “Get my helicopter at Joker’s window as soon as you can. 

“Are you insane?!” Youngbae screeched in panic, grabbing his head with his both hands. 

“Yes, then again, my insanity has saved countless lives, including yours and Riri’s,” Batman muttered under his nose as he helped the younger agent disconnect his IVs.

At first, some of the Big Bang members wanted to stop Mark, but Jiyong raised his hand effectively stopping them. He looked intensely at Batman and one could see them making some kind of a connection. Finally, the lea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter