Memories Of The Past Part 3

Wake Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Memories Of The Past Part 3

A few months later

It was on one of their missions, which were a smaller part of the competition they were participating in. The teams were supposed to gather 5 keys - each team had a set with its own color. The teams were equipped with guns and knives, but they were not supposed to use them. This rule was enforced in order to end their dependence on any weapons. 

In Riri's and Batman’s team was searching for violet keys. They had four - gathered by the rest of the members of the A team - and now they were struggling to get the last one. However, the problem was that the key was hidden in a room which was secured by a ten-letter code and two guards.

"The thing we were talking about before this mission?" Batman started a conversation.

“I'm not revisiting the subject." Seungri responded curtly. "This is forbidden,” he insisted when he saw Batman preparing his gun to destroy the system keeping them from their target.

“You’re my brother in all but blood, really...” the blue eyed boy whispered back.

“Nonetheless...” The boy nervously looked at the window, through which he saw their last missing key. "Both are against the rules - we'll be in trouble if you use this," he gestured to the gun, "and there's absolutely no way you're telling me your name - it's one of the four main rules, for heaven's sake!" Seungri looked around trying to find another way. In their position an inspiration to deal with either problem was desperately needed.

“Anyway, I’m breaking the rules, not you. So if worst comes to worst, I’ll be punished, not you,” the older boy replied and loaded his gun.

“Exactly! That’s the bloody problem, Batman!”

“It’s Mark Smythe.”

“Bloody hell, what have you...? Okay, it’s-” Seungri grabbed Batman’s hand and pulled it down, along with the gun, “I am going to knock those two down and break the code somehow. And my name is-”

“No, don’t do that! You could be punished! According to our task, we are supposed to force the guards to spit out the code! Seriously, this plan of yours is... purely crazy! How do you plan to break the code?! And telling me your name, too? This is suicide!”

“The pot calling the kettle black much? I’ll tell you anyway... Now help me with the guards,” Joker muttered and rolled his eyes.

Five minutes later, the pair was standing in front of the computer, which was merged with the wall.

“Now, genius, show me how do you plan to break this code,” Batman groaned, feeling that this was not going to work, “We have less than two minutes until the rest of the guards will realized that two of them are missing.”

“Just give me thirty seconds,” Riri replied, as he entered various commands to the computer.

The screen flashed in multifarious colors, filled up with abstruse text. Batman frowned as he tried to understand what was going on. He quickly glanced at his phone, on which he could see other’s groups progress. For the time being, no one has collected all the keys, but B and E groups had four in their possessions.

“Joker, hurry up, B and E teams are about to win this competition,” Mark said. 

“Wait and… Done!‘ Seungri exclaimed with a wide grin on his face.

The screen was all green with ‘Entry granted’ written on it. The boys stormed into the room and grabbed the key. Then they pushed it into their mini laptop; thus, announcing the completion of their tasks.

 At the end of the day, there was a small celebration in honor of completing 100% of  missions so far by all six teams. With smiles, they celebrated the half a year of their hard work.

Still wired after a successfully completed mission, Batman silently entered his room. Even before he the light a sigh escaped his lips.

“Riiight...” he said turning on his heel and heading straight towards the bathroom.

“Hi!” a voice sing-songed from the direction of his bed.

A few minutes later Batman emerged already changed for sleep, crawled into the bed and cuddled his best friend close.

Three months later, Switzerland

“Cover me,” Batman ordered and took out a gun and two grenades.

“What? No, that’s insane, don’t do that! Especially not so soon after the keys-exercise fiasco. They already promised you - one more hiccup and you're demoted. So I won't let you compromise the whole mission just because you think I might be in danger!”

“I think you’ll find that it was a non-debatable order, Joker,” Batman insisted.

“But that’s suicide!” Seungri replied, his voice high-pitched, he desperately tried not to panic.

“Calm yourself,” Batman added over his shoulder, already going out of hiding.

‘, it’s a trap!’ Seungri thought as he stood in the middle of the battlefield, which occurred on the seventeenth floor of a skyscraper...

His team was fighting bravely against the enemies, who were obviously outnumbering them. Batman was still in the room that they were protecting so badly.

‘He was wounded and I still let him carry out the original plan! Gosh, I am so damn careless!’ Riri scolded himself in his head, 'Letting him go there was not going to make him any safer as I assumed. Even though there is only one guy in the room with him, he still can actually lose! What should I do, what should I do, what should I do?!'

Then, an idea came to his mind. He knew that both Joker and he will probably regret it, but it just might save his brother's life… 

“Supergirl, can you hear me?” he asked to the microphone on his collar.

“Yes, Joker?” the girl replied.

“There’s a change in the plans. Enter the room and take Batman out, no matter how far he is with the plan. You know their emergency secret passage. I sent you the map already.” 

“But, for one, this missions is not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter