Citrus

You are Beautiful

“Seongwoo hyung~” Daniel calls out the older’s name in his usual childish tone because he’d done that before the past week whenever he misses the older or when he just plain wants to act like one without reasons needed. Not to forget with his killer bright smile. 

Seongwoo was too shocked to even move or respond to Daniel because he’s having difficulties in breathing and his heart, it’s pumping so fast. Damn Daniel with that smiles of his. Snap out of it will ya! He mentally slapped himself to get him out of his shocking stature so that Daniel won’t notice.

”Hey, Daniel. You’re here early.” He try to say it as calm as he could. Honestly he blame his heart right now. Why did it do this to him. Why when he does not have that sorts of feeling for the blonde boy and that is for the ntn time today he have been saying that and it’s true, or was it not? 

ing hell! Just decide which is it right now and stop swaying here and there!!

Daniel tilt his head a little at the question, he glance at the wall clock for the time. Was he that early? Or Seongwoo is just playing him but obviously not since Seongwoo never jokes on anything. They did promised to meet at 2 pm and it’s already 2.13 pm. He’s definitely late and not early.

”I thought we promised to meet at 2?” He replies back after making sure that he didn’t mistaken their promised appointment.

Now Seongwoo was the one who were looking a little puzzled with his head tilted a little. He must have forget then. Seongwoo rubbed his temple at him lost track of time. Of course they did planned on meeting at 2pm and he forgot to tell Daniel that he had to take over Mr. Choi’s infirmary which is really all of a sudden since he actually didn’t have any schedule with Mr. Choi but he had to come because of a sudden urgent matters that Mr. Choi had explained to him.

”Oh, sorry Daniel. I should have told you that I needed to help out with running this place today. It was uncall for and...wait how did you know that I would be here instead at where we should be meeting anyway?” Curiosity suddenly strikes on Seongwoo when he realized that they promised to meet at the campus field where they had met for the first time but not here at the infirmary.

Daniel was smiling at him impishly as he turned his gaze away from the raven haired male. “Ohh, err well I bumped into Jihoon earlier and he told me that you will be here instead so I straight away came here than going to the field. I swear I’m not stalking you.”

”I never said that you were. Don’t think that way.” The older gesture for Daniel to sit at one of the chair around the infirmary. “Sorry again, but if we still going on with the plan then you have to wait for it aftr some more hours though and I think you’re be having your next class within 2 hours?”

The blonde nods his head, amazed that Seongwoo had remembered his schedule for that day when he recalls telling Seongwoo about his schedule for this week just once and he didn’t think that the older were listening.

”Then, let’s meet up after your class then. By then I’ll be off my shift and we should meet hmm...come by my apartment?” Seongwoo suggested cooly without much emotions in it.

Where else Daniel was shocked that for the first time since they met each other and now having to get closer and closer to one another, Seongwoo had invited him to his apartment. For the first time and Daniel was rather excited at the thought of finally able to see the older’s apartment. He had once asked if he could come and visit Seongwoo at home but the older shot him down with a flat no and Daniel had never asked again after that.

”Really? I can come and see...I mean your apartment?” He excitedly asked him just to make sure that he was not dreaming. Seongwoo nods his head confirming it. The blonde smile brightly once again, which again made Seongwoo’s heary flipped for the nth time now. my heart he thought.

~

As promised, Daniel went to his class within 2 hours and met with Seongwoo once again after his class ended. He had received a text message from the older during his class about where is his apartment located and it’s not that hard to recognized it because tne building that Seongwoo is staying is the only building that allows their students to stay out late at night without any curfew needed and is the only building thay allows them to keep pets around which was actually Daniel’s first choice of renting the place because he needed to bring Rooney and Peter with him but his parents didn’t allowed him and he choose the current place he’s staying right now.

Daniel is somewhat jealous of Seongwoo able to rent one of the apartment room. Must be the perks of being in a dean lister and being the best students in the whole campus. Plus one more reason why Daniel wanted to stay in the same building that Seongwoo is currently is, was because they don’t need to share with anyone else and choose to stay by themself instead which Daniel had wanted as well but god forbids him.

He is curious on how Seongwoo’s apartment would look like and how is his roomate will be if he has any. He reached the third floor where Seongwoo's apartment located by the text message he received earlier.

On his way, Daniel dropped by the convenience store to buy some snacks and beer, gummies which is mostly is Daniel's kind of treats. He had forgotten Seongwoo's telling him that eating sugary treats and only drinking the alcohols aren't good for health.

Once Daniel stand infront of Seongwoo's apartment, he nervously press the doorbell. He waited then, biting his lip in the process. Why is he feeling like this? It's not like he's gonna ask Seongwoo out or going on a date with him or whatever sort of romantic things that comes out of his head too. They are not in that level yet and Daniel is shy. Yeah, he just admitted that he's shy to ask someone he likes out or even confess his feelings for them especially to Seongwoo. It was harder than he ever thought it should. Seongwoo was special.

"In a minute!" he heard Seongwoo yells from the other side of the door. Daniel listened to every steps that older is taking, sounded like he was running around the room or maybe he was just imagining things. 

"Citrus! Get down from there!" he heard the older cried in which made his his eyebrow in confusion by the name he heard the older cried to, Citrus?

The door clicked and there he is, the person that had Daniel's heart binded and chained to since the first day they met. He was looking extra soft today with his hair styled in a coconut shape but almost looking like the character from Star Trek, what was his name again? And those usual glasses of his and he sported a pastel green sweater and follow by a grey sweatpants. They fits him perfectly and made him look extra fluffy and soft to the point where Daniel wants to cuddle and hug him in his bear hug, but what really caught his attention was a grey fluffy cat in Seongwoo's hand. Daniel had never seen those sort of breed before but he does know what they are. It was a maine coon cat and to top it all of the cat had a pair of lime green eyes. She was a beauty and Daniel is a er for cats.

(A/N: If you are curios how Citrus looks like, this is how she looks like. The eyes of the cat in the picture is green but imagine it to be that sort of brighter lime green eyes. :D)

Related image

"Oh no.." he mutter, covering his mouth trying to hold back a squeals when he watches how the cat tilted her head to one side, ears perked up as her lime eyes looks at Daniel curiously.

Seongwoo caught the way Daniel looked at his cat and thought that it might not be a good idea of bringing Daniel to his apartment. Maybe he's allergic to cats and hates them. He should have asked before he suggested him coming to his apartment.

"Are you afraid of cats? Allergic to them perhaps? If so, we can leave and just go out to.." Daniel was fast to deny, waving his hands around to stop Seongwoo from talking.

"No no no no! I....I...love them, adores them too much! So much! Ohh gosh, she's really pretty and god look at her fur! So thick and fluffy and her eyes, wow. So mesmerizing! Can I hold her?" Daniel stutter all the way until he stuck out his arm to the cat, while he looked at Seongwoo, asking if he could hold the cat. Seongwoo was a little suprised but he nods his head in the process and carefully pass Citrus to Daniel's arm. 

He watches at how Daniel immediately cooed at Citrus when she was in his arm, at her thick soft fur and even talking sweetly at the cat, like he was talking to a baby. Seongwoo can't help but to find it adorable. He leaned against the door frame at the sight of Daniel cooing Citrus, which to his suprised Citrus mewled and enjoys Daniel's her fur and even his hand when it came in contact with when Daniel scratches under her chin.

"She's really beautiful, hyung~ I never thought that I could see one in real life since I had never seen one before in Seoul or back in my hometown. Gosh, she too damn adorable! Ahh, her fur are so fluffy and soft and thick and so beautiful. You must have taken her to the pet shop to groom her because she is stunningly pretty and clean. Aigoo~ her eyes are the best part. You're so lucky to have one.  I have two cats back in Busan, named Rooney and Peter which is actually females because at first I thought they were males but I mistaken their gender sometimes after that hahahaha..silly me right. Ohh wait, sorry hyung, I'm rambling a lot right now. Talking about cats and all and about my cats and..."

Seongwoo let's out a chuckles which made Daniel stop talking and looked at the older. He freaking just chuckles people! Daniel had never seen him chuckling yet or has he? He forgot but is he did, then god have mercy on him right now because seeing the older chuckling with his noses scrunced up a little was the most cutest thing that he had ever see, minus his cats and Citrus held in his hand right now.

"That's okay, Daniel. I'm glad that you like cats because I thought you were more into dogs or maybe just hate cats so I was scared that you might be allergics to one or so. And thanks, she was gifted to me when I was 15 years old and she had been staying with me since then. We grew up together and she was still a small kitten back when I first had her. My parents bought her specially on my birthday, and she came from a far away actually. That's why that made her special, to me of course. Her name is Citrus, because if you have guessed it, is because of her lime green eyes. She's about 2 years of cats age now and pretty big isn't she." Seongwoo smile warmly as he Citrus's head which earned him a soft mew from the furballs.

"Ohh wow, that's really amazing hyung. Your parents specially bought her when mine is just a stray but well they are family. Ahh, her name really suits her and guess she is younger then my cats then hahaha since Rooney and Peter are about 3 years of cats age or was 4. They have been my babies since I was still in middle school." Daniel said, still the grey cat. He then passed Citrus back to Seongwoo.

"Ahh, well hope that one day Citrus could meet Rooney and Peter. And you're from Busan? Just like Minhyun then."

"Ohh, Minhyun sunbae is from Busan? I never knew that." Daniel stepped in when Seongwoo told him to come in, shutting the door once he's inside.

"Yes, he's from Busan but was in Incheon when he was 4 years old and had gone to the same school with me there and Jonghyun. He later moves back to Busan when he was about 12 years old but we've met again here in Seoul when we both enter the same middle school and until today along with Jonghyun. We've been bestfriends since we were kids." Seongwoo walks to his kitchen, putting Citrus down as the cat trails behind him because it was snack time. Daniel watches how the cat's long tails swing side to side, excitement evidence as she waited for Seongwoo to feed her. She was truly a magestic looking cat. Her fur was thick.

"Ohh no wonder they always sticks around you." the blonde came into the kitchen and sat at one of the stool. 

Seongwoo pours in the crunchies and Citrus immediately gobbled down the yummy treats.

"Yeap. So, where are we going then? Any specific places that you want to go to?" Seongwoo finally asked after he took a seat across Daniel's. Eyes not leaving the cat as she ate the crunchies.

"Hmm, if you don't mind. Can we...um, just....stays in? I mean...at first I wanted to ask you out for a movie...and then maybe grab something to eat but then...." Seongwoo had turned his head whe Daniel spoke but then he follows the blonde eyes when he looked at Citrus, there was lots of adoration and love in his eyes. It made Seongwoo smile at him.

"You want to stay and play with Citrus, is it?" he concluded. Daniel bits his bottom lip, but he nodded in return. He was too in love with the cat and he have been missing Rooney and Peter in the past months that he needed to play with someone and Citrus was the closes being to him right now.

"Can I? I mean, may I? No! I mean, are you okay though, Seongwoo hyung?"

Daniel's heart skipped a beat as the latter smiles ever so soft and lovely for the first time at him. Oh gosh, my heart. I can't breathe.

"Of course we can. Somehow, Citrus has taken a liking to you as well. Funny how she easily grew attached to you maybe because she sense that you love cats so much and have your own set of cats that she immediately grew attached with you. I don't mind though since..." Seongwoo glanced over his shoulde towards the kitchen window, he sees drizzles of rain start to fall down from the sky, as the sky grew darker by every seconds. "It's raining." he concluded.

Daniel hadn't noticed when he walks his way to Seongwoo's place. Thank god he manage to reached the place before it starts to pour down on him because he's not ready to get sick again and his dance competition is gonna start in about two weeks from now.

"Thank you hyung. Ahh, I didn't bring my umbrella with me."

"You can stay here if you want though. I have a spare room and you can use them tonight. Don't try to run for your life under the rain, you'll catch yourself another fever if you do so. Just stay here for tonight. I have some clothes tha could fits you and you can play with Citrus for the whole night and we can enjoy some movies together and eat some snack, judging by the plastic bag you've brought with you are snacks, right?"

The blonde smiles sheepishly as he was caught about bringing snacks over but Seongwoo didn't mind. And it's a plus about having to spent his time tonight here in Seongwoo's apartment and play with the older's cat. He really need to thank the god more since he was blessed with this chance in spending some more quality time with his crush. Damn, he's truly happy. Thankfully that he doesn't have any classes tomorrow and Seongwoo does too so they had the whole night and day if they want to all to themself. Daniel is gonna enjoy this evening so much.

 

____

 

Yollo, here is your second update for today :DDDD

This chapter is way longer and have much more of OngNiel's moment hahahaha xDDDD

And there you have Citrus being a Maine Coon cat, isn't she pretty? I have a Maine Coon cat too and we named him Aaron lol, he's more brownish, black and greyish looking rather than how Citrus are hahaha but he's adorable xDDD

Okay, let's stop talking about cats ey? Hahaha, it looks like their friendship is getting better and better and perhaps there will be a love confession soon, in the future update ^^...God, I almost forgot about Daniel's dance competition hahahaha will write about that in future chapter and will be making Seongwoo cheering for him :DD

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter and your comments are most appreciated :DDDDD

typos alert and I'm out