Kim Jaehwan & Texting

You are Beautiful

When Jihoon came to Daniel four days ago with Seongwoo's phone number, Daniel was literally fangirling right infront of his friends without realizing it. Only about minutes after him breathing heavily, repeating saying 'oh my god' for thousands of times that he realized that he just screamed and acted like a fangirl.

Jaehwan and Hyunbin was looking at him in a judgemental way and a bit of confusion on why their blonde friend would scream his head off when the junior (Jihoon) came to share Seongwoo's number with him.

"Honestly Daniel, you're so whipped over Seongwoo sunbae who seems like he only wants nothing more than just being your friend. Why are you acting like he came and confess his love to you though? Jaehwan said nonchalantly, stuffing his mouth with his ice cream sundae that afternoon.

"Shut up Jaehwan. You know nothing about love. I'm just glad that sunbae finally gave out his number to me which Jihoon clearly says that it was sunbae's who told him to and you know that is the second step on me making him to fall in love with me."

Jaehwan snorted at his answer. "Well, guess you should try your best to win his heart then. Rumors has it that Seongwoo sunbae has a solid iron wall protecting his heart and that he's like a person without showing any emotions when someone confessed to him."

"Don't ever believe in rumors, Hwannie. That's why you never found someone who'll love you like how I love Seongwoo sunbae." Daniel stick his tongue out.

" you Daniel." said Jaehwan after that, annoyed by the blonde.

Daniel and Hyunbin just chuckles at the latter. 

~

Four days after that, Daniel was pacing in his room for 20 minutes since he came home after his classes. He didn't get to see Seongwoo again after that afternoon in the cafeteria because of their exams and after he finally got his hand on the older's number, he never actually texted the older anything because he was nervous.

He didn't know that it was so hard for him to text the older when he already talked to him face to face few times now and even constantly hang out at the library with him and even had lunch once at the infirmary with the older but texting....it was hard. 

"Come on Daniel, it's only texting. You can just text him like 'Hi sunbae, it's me Daniel or Annyeong sunbae, wishing you good luck on your papers or just Hello Seongwoo sunbae, just wanted to say hi.' but , that's not good enough!" he cursed all of sudden. Why is it so hard to start a chat with Seongwoo.

"Jeez Daniel, for a moment there I thought you were practicing some sort of a script for a short drama or something." Daniel were suprised by the sudden voice who he found that it belong to his roommates and bestfriend, Jaehwan who leaned on his doorframe.

"Yeah...well...honestly...." he couldn't properly say what he want to say and only ended up with biting his bottom lip.

Jaehwan gets the signal. He can tell when Daniel is nervous or anxious or scared when Daniel starts to bite his lip or even fidgeting his fingers. That's how bestfriend are. Although Jaehwan and Daniel would always bickers over stupid things either at home or at their campus, they would always help each other out when one of them are in trouble. And today is no execption for Jaehwan will try to help Daniel starts a conversation with his crush.

~

He walks over to the blonde guy and sat close to Daniel who was sitting on his bed. "Daniel, what's wrong? You know, even though I think that it's pretty stupid for you to be this nervous over some guy and not being able to text him since four days ago, you shouldn't though. I mean, obviously Seongwoo sunbae wanted to have a chat with you or maybe call you when he gave away his contact, so why should you be like this."

"I don't know Jaehwannie. Maybe because...because it's sunbae and...for him to take the next step for us to be closer was kind of suprised me. Basically when the first day I talked to him and asked him for his number, he gave me a solid cold NO and honestly, I didn't dare to say anything to him, because I guess he may want some privacy." Daniel shrugs, pursing his lip out.

"Yeah, so? Now he gave you a green light for it right? So why didn't you just call him or texted him four days ago though? Who knows, Seongwoo sunbae could have wanted to talk with you that day and maybe you could help him relax a little from all his studies. Man, for someone with a big broad gangster like shoulder and built, you're a softy though, like a puppy."

Jaehwan snickers and whined when Daniel smacked his arm a bit hard. 

"I mean, come on Daniel. Just text him already and get it done. I can't handle your stupid way of reciting your own drama here and there, like for the last four days."

Daniel widen his eyes at Jaehwan and the brunette just snorted.

"Yeah, didn't think I realized that you keep talking to yourself all four days on way for you to talk with Seongwoo sunbae. It's kind of ridiculous and stupid." 

"Yeah well sorry about that because I was having a mental breakdown about it." Daniel retorts.

"Mental breakdown my . Seongwoo sunbae and the rest of the 3rd year are the ones who are having their mental breakdown. I heard that it's pretty hellish for all of them with their papers and I feel pity for them though." Jaehwan said tapping his finger on Daniel's desk.

"Yeah, I heard about it too. I feel sorry for Seongwoo sunbae." Daniel mutters.

Jaehwan stared at Daniel for a short while. "Call him. Maybe he wanted to hear your voice though. Or just text him. Like...now." Jaehwan demands, shoving Daniel's phone into his hand, pointing at it for Daniel to starts writing some words for Seongwoo.

Daniel pouts, don't know what to write to the older and he tries to throw away his phone only to be blocked by Jaehwan. "Stop being a coward and starts texting."

Jaehwan may be a pain in the and a pscyhopath but Daniel won't deny that Jaehwan is the best of friend he could ever wish for. Jisung and Jaehwan would always help Daniel when he need them even if they both can be an sometime but loves them, dearly. Ohh, he can't forget about Hyunbin too.

~

Jaehwan left seconds later and Daniel starts to open his phone and write something for Seongwoo. It was 10 pm and he prays that he didn't disturb the older with his sleep or going through his book or something when he press 'send'. He squeals after that, throwing his phone on his bed and buried his face into his pillow as he wait for Seongwoo to reply him.

The 'ding' sound came seconds later indicating that he got a new text message. Daniel instantly open it when he sees Seongwoo's name on the screen. It looks like the older haven't slept yet. Daniel text was shown as well.

~

Daniel: Good evening sunbae. I'm sorry if I'm disturbing you with your studies or sleep but I just wanted to wish you good luck on your next paper tomorrow. Sorry again for disturbing. And, this is Daniel if you're wondering who I am. 

Seong sunbae: Hey Daniel. Thanks for the for that and don't worry, I'm not sleeping or reading anything tonight. And I know who you are. Already had your number saved in my contact list four days ago.

Daniel was taken aback and suprised when he read through Seongwoo's text for few more times. 'He had my number all along? He actually saved my number.'

Daniel: Oh! I thought you didn't have my number so thats why I said who I was at the end part. Sorry.

Seong sunbae: It's fine. Why aren't you sleeping yet?

Daniel: Oh uhh, it's because I'm not sleepy yet and I have a 2pm class tomorrow so I kind of like staying up late tonight. What about sunbae, why aren't you sleeping yet.

Seong sunbae: That's because I can't sleep. Had a cup of coffee earlier and it kept me awake for the last 2 hours now. Shouldn't have taken that coffee.

Daniel chuckles at how Seongwoo was grumbling, angry at the effect of caffeine keeping him awake that night. He was cute as what Daniel think.

Daniel: Ahh, no wonder. Well it should go away anytime soon and you'll get to sleep soon later. What time is your exam starts tomorrow, sunbae?

Seong sunbae: 8 am and it's a paper about human physiology and anatomy, that's pretty hard.

Daniel: I'm sure you can score them sunbae. I always pray that you'll pass all the test *smiley emoji*

Seong sunbae: Oh...um thanks. You know, you're pretty friendly around lots of people when you barely even know them, for example, myself.

Daniel: Ohh...a-ahh hahaha, yeah well when I want to be friend with someone I'll go straight without thinking twice about the consequences. Sorry if I make you uncomfortable when I'm around you. I just thought that you're a cool guy even thought sunbae looks ridiculous with that glasses of yours, no offense sunbae. *laughing emojis*

Seong sunbae: None taken and you should be more cautious when you're approaching someone though. I'm not an easy person to talk to and I don't easily trust someone when they wanted to be my friend because...I have trouble in giving away my trust to people which it ended up being bad afterwards. Sorry.

Daniel: That's okay hyu....I mean sunbae. I understand that. I don't mind and I can wait until you'll be able to trust me. Know that I'm not that sort of person like you just said and you shouldn't be scared to give your trust away to me.

Seong sunbae: Thanks, I'll see how it goes. It's nice talking to you Daniel. Sorry again if I don't always show any interest in whatever things you've been doing but I know that I enjoy your dance that day and I'm bad in expressing stuff so I never did show any interest with my face but I did however move my body a little when you were busy dancing. And.....you can call me hyung. Sunbae is too formal.

Daniel: Hahaha ohh thank you for the compliment, really appreciate it and no need to be sorry about it. Ohh, then....guess I'll call you umm with that then. H-hyung *smiley emoji*

Seong sunbae: Yeah you should, just call me hyung the next time we meet. Ohh, looks like I'm getting sleepy now. It's nice chatting with you Danile, let's text some more soon. Good night.

Daniel: Ohh, good night to you too, hyung and it's nice texting with you too.

Seong sunbae: *smiley emoji*

~

Daniel stared down on his phone after his chatting with Seongwoo and it made him smile all the while at all the text he re-read once it all ended. He finds that Seongwoo was much more friendly through text messages rather than face to face, and the way he say he isn't good in expressing things was the cutest. Seongwoo is slowly opening himself to Daniel, he thinks and he really hope the older is.

It might take a while more until Seongwoo will widely open up himself to Daniel and giving in his all when he did so but Daniel won't rush thing and he's happy with taking it slowly.

"At least, this is a good start. I can text Seongwoo hyung whenever I want now and calling him 'hyung' whenever I want too." 

That night, Daniel fell asleep with wide stupid smile plastered across his face. He was truly happy that it feels like he was getting closer to Seongwoo.

That night too, Seongwoo was a little happy at the thought of him and Daniel texted each other. Daniel was a kind boy and somehow it was fun chatting with the younger. Seongwoo think that maybe they are taking it too fast and Seongwoo still not completely trust Daniel yet and he's afraid to trust the boy when he said that he shouldn't. He doesn't want that incident to happen again. And he thinks that he shouldn't be talking so much to the boy when he didn't know anything much about him. But, Daniel might be different from those people back in his past. 

 

______

 

Updated! Come on guys, leave me some comments. I love to read at all your comments though and I enjoy replying to you guys :(((

Typos alert. 

Will update again soon and please wait patiently for the next chapter ^^

Again, your comments are most appreciated and do upvote if you love this fic :DDD

*singing Open Up by Knock PD101* Seongwoo ah, you're getting more and more friendly to Daniel :DD