Giving Up

Silent Of Heart

 

 

 

"I don't think I could do this anymore," Suji sighed. She's spending some of her free times with her best-friend, Euna.

Euna slowly patted the girl's shoulders, "Are you going to give up just like that?" Euna knows that Suji still couldn't move on from Hangyul. Hangyul is still her first love somehow.

First love is not something you could forget just like that. It took time but... Suji felt like that time won't exist for her. She could never get over Hangyul.

"Then what else I should do?" She complained, "It's my fault, afterall. Do you think he will still accept after I'm being honest to him?" She asked the girl whom she has been consider as her real sister.

Euna bit her lower lips as she didn't know how to respond with her question, "It's not your fault that you're sick," She said.

"But now, me being sick is not the main point at the moment. You know what I did to him right?" 

 


 

"Just help me, only for this time, please?" Dongmyung was literally begging Hangyul who was having his eyes locked on the television now. Dongmyung had no idea why Hangyul loves to watch dramas so much. He has been like this ever since he broke up with Suji.

Hangyul swifted his eyes to Dongmyung who was looking at him using his puppy eyes while Hangyul still maintained his cold gaze, "I don't want to. Why should I? How much will you give me?" 

Dongmyung rolled his eyes, "Please," He puts his hand together, "Just this time, eung?"

The boy sighed. He grabbed the remote control and turned off the television, "Okay," He gave up with refusing because he knows Dongmyung won't stop begging him to do it, "Just tell me where should I go," He said and entered his room right away.

Dongmyung smiled and backhugged the boy, "Thank you," Hangyul scoffed asking Dongmyung to let him go, "Okay, sorry," Dongmyung knows he would die if he didn't let him go now or probably Hangyul will change his mind soon, "I need to go first, thank you again!" He shouted to Hangyul who was already entered his room.

 


 

"I want to go out," Suji shouted out loud so that the whole house could hear to it.

Someone appeared from her behind, "Where are you going? Can I follow?" Suji's little brother hugged her legs as if he won't let her go and wanted to follow her everywhere she goes.

Suji chuckled to see her little brother, Lee Suwoong, "Sure," He ruffled the boy's hair and he smiled, "But you need to ask for mum's permission first," She touched his small nose.

The little boy ran to the kitchen to get his mum who was actually baking for some cakes because they will have someone special tonight. He came back after few minutes and having a really bright smile plastered on his face. And that moment, Suji knows, her mother allowed him to go out. This is really a rare thing happen though.

"Let's go," He grabbed Suji's hand and dragged her out from the room. Suji just followed his footsteps as it has been a long time since he's being outside of the house. So she wants her little brother to enjoy the time more.

They're walking heading towards the town since Suwoong said he wants to eat ice-cream. To be honest, her mother forbid the boy to eat cold things but she planned to hide it from her mother, "Where do you want to go?" Suji asked him.

Suwoong pointed out to a really well-known ice cream shop, Baskin Robbins. He let the girl's hand go and entered the shop by himself first. Suji just quietly shook her head as she followed his steps. When she was about to enter the shop, she could see someone familiar was sitting at the corner of the shop.

She squinted her eyes to get a better view, "Hangyul?" She gulped as soon as she recognized the boy. Hangyul has a smile on his face but why that smile brought a lot of pain to her? "Who is that girl?" Suji was sure that she didn't know the girl at all. Maybe she's a new kid in school or anything since she left school for a year.

Suji entered the shop with a heavy step. She really didn't want to see Hangyul and other girl up close but Suwoong was patiently waiting for her at the counter. She should at least buy ice cream for the kid. She pushed the door and went straightly to the counter. She asked the boy to choose his flavour as fast as possible so that she could leave the place soon.

As soon as she was done with the payment, Suji wanted to drag the boy out from the shop but suddenly she could hear someone was calling for her brother's name, "Suwoong-ah," Suji turned around and could see Suwoong was running towards Hangyul.

She sighed, "I am so done," She muttered under her breath.

"Suwoong," Hangyul lifted the boy up and put him on the chair beside him, "How are you?" He asked as he ruffled the boy's hair. We could say that he changed his tone a little bit in talking when he met the boy.

"I'm doing great, hyung!" He said and took a bit of the ice cream he had in his hand, "Hyung, why don't you come to our house anymore?" He pouted, "I miss you," Suwoong suddenly hugged the big boy beside him. Hangyul also replied it with a hug.

Hangyul hesitated for a while to answer his question, "I am so busy with study," He gave an excuse, "I promise I would visit you often after this," He promised him.

"Promise?" He  showed his pinkie finger to Hangyul and Hangyul interlinked it with his pinkie finger as well as if he promised the boy that he would visit him often after this though he wasn't sure if he could keep that promise.

"Suwoong," Suji called out for her little brother, "Let's go home," She said.

Hangyul lifted his head up to see the girl. Suji wasn't even look at him at the moment. He didn't know why but it hurts him, "Hi, Suji," Damn, Hangyul didn't know why the hell he greeted the girl. 

Suji turned her attention to her ex-boyfriend and raised both of her eyebrows, "Do you know this girl?" The girl who was quietly sitting infront of him suddenly opened to say something.

Hangyul nodded his head, "You don't know her? She's the best dancer in our college," He claimed.

The girl shocked to hear the news, "Wait," She looked at Suji, "You're Lee Suji? I mean that Suji? Who won the dance competition for two years in a row?"

"Yes, she is," Hangyul answered the question in Suji's behalf. Suji gave a death glare to the boy but he ignored it.

Suji suddenly grabbed her little brother's hand and leave the shop in instant, "He couldn't be more annoying than that," Suji scoffed.

Both of them walked down the road to get to the bus stop. Suji stayed quiet along the way, unlike before that she has tons of conversation with her little brother, "Noona," The boy grabbed the edge of her shirt, "Are you okay? Did I do something wrong?" There's a scare expression pasted on his face.

Suji smiled right away as she ruffled the boy's hair, "No, you did nothing wrong," She assured the boy with her words, "It's just me," She mumbled.

"Why? Is this because you left Hangyul hyung behind without any notice?" Suji gulped. She looked at her brother with disbelief expression. The boy chuckled, "What? Just because I'm 9 years old, I couldn't know those things?" He asked.

"No," She stuttered, "Just,"

"It's amusing like how I know about it?" Suji nodded her head, "It happens in our family, how can I not know that?" He claimed, "Is this why you acted so differently infront of Hangyul hyung just now?" He asked.

"Well,"

Suwoong shrugged, "Noona, do you know something?" The next words coming out from Suwoong's mouth blown her mind. She never thought about it, not even once so she couldn't believe her ears when she heard the breaking news.

"Are you serious?" She asked for a confirmation from her little brother, "So, is that why," He nodded his head.

The boy held onto the edge of his older sister's shirt again, "But noona, don't tell anyone about this because it was supposed to be a secret. Or else later, I will be getting scolded," He said.

"Sure, don't worry," She promised him.