Painful Memories

Silent Of Heart

 

 

 

"Are you sure you want to end things between you guys?" Dongmyung asked his best friend when Hangyul has been ignoring since the moment he entered the house after he was done with his class today.

Hangyul who loves to be independent, decided to move out from his parents' big house and rent a house near the college. To rent a house with his current life status wasn't that hard, he just needs to choose the one that caught his eyes and settle.

He thought he would be bored if he live alone; well he loves to stay away from his parents but that doesn't mean he didn't need a friend. To be the only child and son in his family, sure make he feel alone as most of the times, he needs to do everything by himself.

He could say that Dongmyung is his only friend; a friend that he really trust. He does have other friends but Dongmyung should be the closest one to him. He knows almost eveything about him and vice versa. Hangyul is really comfortable around Dongmyung till that extent he could tell everything to the boy.

"Lee Hangyul, I'm asking you," He tapped Hangyul's shoulders when he didn't give any respond to his question as he locked his eyes on the drama that has been airing for a while at KBS channel.

Hangyul sighed upon the boy's words. He really wished that Dongmyung will never talk about it eventhough he knows that Dongmyung asked because he cares, "I don't want to talk about it," His eyes still focus on the television.

"And that answer my question," He said and grabbed the remote control on the table infront of Hangyul before switched off the television. He took a sit on the sofa beside his friend, "You're not okay right?" Dongmyung asked.

Hangyul smacked his lips as he closed his eyes, "I broke up with her," He spoke out the painful words.

Dongmyung's eyes widened as he heard the news, "So the rumors were true then?"

"Wow, news sure flies so fast," Hangyul sighed.

Well, it's true that he broke up with Suji in public. He let Suji's tears flowing out from her beautiful eyes in public with many people around them. He knows he shouldn't be like that but he, himself couldn't control his own feelings. He just feel so angry and mad to see Suji's fine face after leaving him for a year.

"You still love her, don't you?" A sudden question from Dongmyung startled him as he suddenly cleared his throat.

"I loved her," 

 


 

"Where is Suji noona?" Hangyul asked Suji's bestfriend, Euna Kim. In fact, Euna is way older than both of Suji and him.

Euna shrugged her shoulders, "She didn't tell me anything," She answered it with her soft voice; more like a sound of chirping bird.

Hangyul sighed. There you go, Suji went missing again for the nth times. He didn't know what is wrong Suji lately that she's always going missing everytime she has the chance. 

But Hangyul never asks her though, because he thought he just needs to trust the girl.

Hangyul slammed his body on the sofa in the living room as soon as he entered his spacious apartment yet empty; according to his vision. There's no trace of Dongmyung showed that he's still not done with his class for today.

He has no idea why Dongmyung took like tons of classes in a day when he is clever enough to survive the college. He didn't really need to be in too much club nor curricular activities as his study would help him a lot already.

He put his hand on his forehead and sighed. He took out his phone in the jeans' pocket and unlocked it. There's no sign that Suji will call him anytime soon, "What the hell is wrong with you, Lee Suji?"

The clock already strikes 12am when Hangyul opened his eyes. He thought about taking a short nap but he took a long one instead. He stared at the phone on the table before he looked around to his dark house.

Maybe Dongmyung was already home a long time ago. He thought.

He could feel that his head was spinning around. He's having a major headache at the moment. He put his on the sofa and brought his legs down as he grabbed his head using both hands.

"," He silently cursed.

Hangyul could hear sound of people walking in the hall. He lifted a bit of his head and could see Dongmyung had his hand on the refrigerator; probably he wants to get some water. Dongmyung's eyes then fell on Hangyul who was staring at him.

"Are you okay, Hangyul?" He asked his bestfriend using his hoarse voice; effect of taking a deep sleep as soon as he reached home.

Hangyul passed a slight smile in the dark. He wasn't sure whether he could see it or not, "Just a headache," He answered.

"Really?" It's so obvious that Dongmyung started to get worried over Hangyul as he bit his lowered lips. He took the panadol they stored for emergency in the drawer beside the refrigerator and poured a glass of water before bringing them to Hangyul.

He took out two tablets of Panadol and put it on Hangyul's left hand, "Wait, did you take your dinner yet?" He asked when he realized that Hangyul has been sleeping since evening.

Hangyul shook his head. He put the Panadol in his mouth and take the glass from Dongmyung before gulped it down.

"Yah, you couldn't take medicine with your empty stomach,"

He ignored Dongmyung's words and closed his eyes.

"Are you like this because of Suji noona?"

The name of his girlfriend attracted his attention to open his eyes back, "What's with her?" He asked.

Dongmyung frowned, "She left, right? To somewhere I don't know and maybe you know,"

Wow, Hangyul never heard of that. But wait, she left? 

"Hangyul?"

He brought his eyes to Dongmyung, "You're kidding right?" He asked in hope that it's just another nightmare to him.

Dongmyung denied it by shaking his head, "No. Euna noona told me so," He told Hangyul.

"Euna noona? But she told me she didn't know anything about Suji when I asked her earlier though?" Hangyul was questioning Dongmyung's statement.

He shrugged, "Maybe you should check your phone," He gave a suggestion to his friend.

Hangyul quickly grabbed the phone on the table and unlocked the password he set on the phone which is the date of their anniversary.

0 missed call.

0 message.

He shove the screen phone to Dongmyung, "Nothing," His voice slowly getting lowered; afraid that his biggest nightmare was about to come true.

"Try to call her then,"

Hangyul clicked the green option in instant and waited till there's a beep sound.

'The number you have dialled is not in service,'

The words came out from the operator shattered his heart into pieces. She's really gone, for real?

There's a bead of tears formed in Hangyul's eyes. He rarely cried but he thought he needs to cry in this kind of situation.

"Yah, Hangyul," Dongmyung grabbed the phone from Hangyul's grip and dialled the same number for the second time for the sake of Hangyul.

The same response came out from the operator.

"You really didn't know about this?"

Hangyul wiped the tears on his cheeks, "But why?" The only words he could say in this very crucial moment.

 


 

And it still hurts him everytime he thought about it.

A painful memory that he needs to remember; maybe for the rest of his life.