Two Faced

Silent Of Heart

 

 

 

It's all started when Suji was suddenly admitted to hospital one fine day and she needs to transfer to hospital in the US to proceed with her operation.

Suji needs to take off some time for university so someone has to do the that for her. And that's when the idea Jisoo has to do it on her behalf. Jisoo agreed to it right away since she has been wanting to go to the college in Korea for a long time. 

At first, Jisoo wanted to just settle with what Suji asked her to do. She came with an identity as Suji's twin but she failed to keep her identity when people started to greet her as Suji. She tried to introduce herself for few times but failed.

Maybe she just looks the same as Suji since they're twins.

That's when she met Hangyul for the first time. Jisoo was sitting alone at the library; reading her favourite book. It has been a long time since she went to a library and especially to see books with Korean language as the title. It was so exciting for her.

A tapped on her shoulders startled the girl. She turned her head around to see a boy was standing behind her with a smile plastered on his face, "Suji," The boy called out for her name and Jisoo just raised both of her eyebrows, "Here," He took out something from his back.

"What is this?" Jisoo took the bouquet of flower from the boy's hand, "Is it for me?" Well, to be honest, Jisoo had no idea who the hell this boy is but she knows that Suji has a boyfriend. Is this her boyfriend? She thought.

He chuckled upon her reaction, "Don't tell me you didn't know what day is today?" Jisoo still maintained her poker face, "Lee Suji, it's our first anniversary today! It has been a year since we're in relationship," The boy mentioned and only by then Jisoo knows that it's Suji's boyfriend, Lee Hangyul.

She was hesitating for a while but managed to handle the situation well, "Of course, I remember it," She put her nose on the flower to smell it, "Thank you," Jisoo smiled to the boy.

Hangyul ruffled her hair, "No problem," He really glad that Suji loves his sudden surprise. He thought Suji didn't love flowers, as she would always refuse when Hangyul wanted to give her flowers eventhough a stalk of flower. Maybe it's their first anniversary that she was tolerate with the boy, "Are you done with study?" Hangyul asked.

Jisoo closed the book behind her, "Yeah, sure," She has no idea on how to handle the situation when Hangyul stands 20cm away from her. It's so close that she almost lost herself as she holds her breath.

"Let's go then," Hangyul took the girl's handbag before he grabbed her wrist and dragged her out from the library, "Where do you want to go?" He asked as soon as they're at the entrance of college.

Jisoo stunned for a while when she being asked by the boy. She knows nothing about him, so how can she answer that question? But wait, she knows where Suji loves to go. Maybe, that could be the answer for his question. 

"Hm," She hummed to the question, "I just want to lazy around at the cafe today," She gave her answer and Hangyul just smiled.

"You're sure a lazy bump," He ruffled the girl's hair before both of them heading to the cafe where she wanted to go.

As soon as they arrived the cafe, Hangyul straightly went to the counter to put the order, "You're fine with Hazelnut Coffee, don't you?" He asked.

Jisoo gulped, "Uh, okay," How can she supposed to tell the boy that she was actually allergic to peanut? "I'll go first and take a sit," She said and leave the counter to find for a seat.

She saw a seat at the corner of the cafe and she knows exactly there's where she supposed to sit. Suji once said to her that she loves sitting at the corner of the cafe because it looks calm.

Jisoo was waiting for Hangyul with the drink but at the same time she was anxious because she knows she couldn't drink the coffee unless she wants to die, then go ahead. But then, what if he will hates Suji after she told that to him?

"What are you thinking about?" Hangyul came with a tray of drinks in his hand. He put the drinks on the table before she took a sit infront of the girl.

She startled by his sudden appearance, "Nothing," She said. She looked at Hangyul with an awe expression. How can a man like him exists? She thought that good guy didn't exist in this world anymore. Without her realize, she just relief a sigh of disappointment infront of the boy.

"Are you okay?" The boy touched her hand that was put on the table. Jisoo just nodded her head, "But you look pale. Are you sick?" He put his hand on the girl's forehead in order to measure her temperature.

Jisoo brought his hand down, "I'm okay," She assured the boy with her words.

"Noona," A voice startled both of them. They turned their attention to the voice and could see a little boy was running towards them. 

Jisoo's eyes widened to a maximum size when she saw the boy, "What are you doing here, Suwoong?" She asked with an awkward smile pasted on her face.

"What are you doing here with Hangyul hyung?" Suwoong asked his sister with a curious look on his face.

She gulped, "Hangyul, I think I need to go now. I will call you later when I reach home okay," She said before dragging the little boy out from the cafe. Suwoong was about to bite his sister's hand because she refused to let his hand go, "I'll tell you later at home," The little boy cancelled his plan to do the silly action.

 


 

"Where are you going?" Suwoong asked as he could see that his sister was about to go out with kind of attire that she wants to go to college. As far as Suwoong knows, Jisoo studied in US and she was having a holiday at the moment. 

Jisoo scratched her hair, "I'm going to college," She answered.

Suwoong frowned, "What college?" He paused, "I thought you studied in US," He raised both of his eyebrows waiting for the next words from Jisoo but she stayed quiet, "Wait," He finally could catch something, "Are you going to Suji's noona college? But for what?"

"I have something to do," She stuttered, "The procedure for taking off some time from university is so complicated," Jisoo claimed, "I never studied here so I was kind of clueless,"

"You like Hangyul hyung don't you?" Suwoong's sudden question make the girl went speechless, "So, I was right about it," He slowly nodded his head, "Well, who will not like him, to be honest?" Suwoong shrugged.

Jisoo frowned to his answer, "What do you mean by that?" She felt awkward to talk about this with her little brother, "Hangyul is Suji's boyfriend, right?"

"Yeah, I know that," He claimed, "But you can't help yourself but end up to like him, right?"

At this point, Jisoo couldn't deny the statement anymore. After a week spending her time around the boy, she could feel that she was really comfortable around him. She felt like finally she has someone that could protect her. Someone that could take care of her. Someone that could love her. Oh wait, he loves Suji. Not you, Jisoo. Please wake up.

"What can I do?" She muttered under one's breath.

Suwoong sighed, "Nothing. Just left the college before it's getting worser. That would be the best for everyone," He gave a suggestion.

 


 

"What's happening to you?" The middle-aged man slammed a piece of paper on the table, "You always ace in your study. Then what happened to your result this semester? Are you really going to ruin your future?" He nagged the girl who was having her eyes looking on the floor at the moment, "Is this because you're in relationship with Hangyul? This is why I told you to never date anyone while you're studying. It will only distract your focus,"

"I'm sorry," The only words that could be said by Jisoo at the moment.

Originally she knows, that she wasn't good in study especially when Suji took psychology as her major which is the biggest weakness for Jisoo. Jisoo preferred something that need practice rather than memorizing things. That's why she applied to be a fashion designer in US.

"You better fixed yourself now or you will regret about it later," The proffessor was totally going overboard with his words. He was well-known to be someone that always said harsh things to his students but no one really believes in that. But Jisoo, who didn't know that fact, experience it by herself.

She took an envelope from her bag, "That's why," She passed it to the man, "I hope you could understand my reason for doing this," She said before leave the proffessor's room in hurry.

 


 

"I should stop doing all of this," Jisoo mumbled as she was mesmerizing by the scenery infront of her.

As she was deep in her own thoughts, someone quietly took a sit beside her, "I heard that Prof. Kim scold you a lot today," He interrupted the girl's leisure moment, "Why? Did you mess up with your result?" 

Jisoo blinked her eyes for few times as she couldn't expect that Hangyul knows she would be here, "Why are you here?" Jisoo asked.

Hangyul chuckled, "Why? Of course it's because I need to comfort my baby girl over here," He pinched the girl's cheeks with a really bright smile plastered on his face in hope that it could lighten up the girl's mood a little bit.

"Oh," She lost words. She could feel that all the butterflies were flapping their wings in her stomach at the moment. Lee Hangyul, why do you need to be so perfect? She was questioning the boy infront of her. 

He frowned, "Are you okay, Suji?" He put his hand on her cheeks before her forehead.

"Can I," She was hesitating for a while, "Can I borrow your shoulders only for today?" She asked for permission.

Hangyul nodded his head, "This shoulder would always be here for you," He pointed out to his shoulder and Jisoo slowly leaned her head down and laid on her shoulder.

"Thank you, Hangyul," She tried to keep the tears away but she couldn't.

I'm sorry Hangyul. I shouldn't be here. I shouldn't replace Suji's position in your heart. But I couldn't help it. Without I realize, I fall for you. I fall for your side that always protecting me, loving me and making me like I'm the most beautiful person in the world. There's nothing much I could say other than thank you. Thank you, Lee Hangyul, for everything. I'll make sure that Suji will come back to you later. Please wait for her until that...