Vague Dream

Silent Of Heart

 

 

 

Hangyul was standing alone at the middle of empty road. There's no one around except for empty cars and empty buildings. He looked around the place for few times but there's no one except for him.

It was the same place he has been dreaming for the past few months. Why it must be the same place and at the same time?

He took a step further from the place he stood, and that moment he did, a girl appeared infront of him. He squinted his eyes to get a better view on the girl. But without his knowing, the tears slowly falling out from his eyes.

"Who is she that I even cried for her?"

The girl turned her body around and smiled while looking at him, "Lee Suji," He talked under one's breath.

He wanted to run towards the girl but his feet just won't lift up. He took a look at his feet and he could see that there were tons of twigs wrapped around his feets. No matter how many times he tried to get his feets out from it, it just won't work.

Hangyul was back and forth looking at both his feets and Suji. Suji was still smiling at her but her face slowly turned to a sad expression. Hangyul could see a bead of tears coming out from her eyes. He wanted to reach it, he really wanted to reach her, but he can't...

The smile Suji bid to her after the tears would be the last one he saw before Suji disappeared in the darkness. It felt like the dream was so real that he wanted to get out from the dream and rushed himself to Suji and tell her everything is going to be okay.

As soon as Suji lost from his vision, the twigs slowly went back into the ground; going missing as if they never exist at the first place. Now, he could run to Suji, he could reach the girl but she was already gone.

Nevertheless, he should give a try eventhough it's just a dream. But, someone grabbed his hand as soon as he wanted to do so, "Hangyul," A soft voice calling for him.

He gulped, "This voice," He had no guts to turn his head around but at the end, he did it anyways, "Suji?" His eyes widened to a maximum size. There's no way Suji could be here when she's gone a few minutes ago.

But this version of Suji... She had the brightest smile she could ever had on her face. It's totally different from the Suji he saw before. 

"Who are you?" He asked when he could feel that the Suji he saw infront of her wasn't the same Suji he saw before.

"I'm," Before she could ever continue her words, Hangyul was already on the other side of the world.

Again, he wiped the tears on his cheeks as he opened his both eyes, "Who is that girl again?" No matter how many times he tried to think about it, he just can't remember the girl's face.

It has been 10 months since he was having the same dream and till now he still got no idea on whom the girl's identity could be.

He took a look at the alarm clock he put on the desk beside his bed, "03:20AM. It has always been the same time," He sighed, "But yesterday," He noticed something odd about the time he woke up yesterday.

Hangyul shrugged as he thought he shouldn't think much about it. It's not even a big deal though, it's just the time... He thought, "But what am I going to do now?" He whined because he knows he couldn't sleep again after he woke up.

He took his phone that he puts beside the alarm clock and stared at the black screen for a long time. He pressed on the lock button and his screenlock appeared, "I should change my lockscreen by now," Hangyul unlocked the phone and opened his gallery. Again, he could see none of decent pictures to replace the lockscreen, "I should've delete all these pictures a year ago," He said when he realized his gallery full with his pictures with Suji.

Hangyul chose the all selection option and clicked on the delete option. He was hesitating for a while when the confirm or cancel option came out, "Should I really delete all of these memories away?" As he was contemplating on what he should do, Hangyul accidentally clicked on the confirm option, "Oh hell no," He tried to cancel the process but obviously he can't.

"But why do I want to keep something that didn't have any meaning to me anymore?"

Hangyul then throw the phone away and slammed his body on the bed, "Why things getting complicated between us?" He unconsciously put his right hand on his forehead and the other one of his chest. Hangyul sighed, "Stop it, Hangyul. You're the only one who was going to get hurt at the end," He told himself before closed his eyes, trying to get more sleep so that he wouldn't feel drowsy in class later.

 


 

"Hangyul, can I see you for a while? I have something to tell you," Euna approached Hangyul who was having his lunch with Dongmyung at that moment.

Hangyul put his chopstick down and lifted his head up as he raised both of his eyebrows, "What?" The tone he used to answer her request was really an unbothered one.

"I just have something to tell you," She paused, hesitating for a second, "About Suji,"

He maintained his cold gaze as he gave his answer, "It's already over between us, you know that right?" At that moment, Suji suddenly appeared from the cafe entrance, "Suji is nothing to me but my past," He said it out loud drawing the attention from the whole cafe. Little thing he didn't realize was he said those words while having his eyes locked on Suji.

And again, he could see Suji's eyes was teary upon listening to his words. Again, he realized that he's not the one who was hurting but the girl. That's because he keeps hurting her and from time to time, the wound the girl left for him a year ago going to be hers.

Suji left the cafe when all the eyes in the cafe fell on her. All of them looked at her as if she killed thousand of people minutes ago. She clenched his fist as she left the cafe, "Lee Hangyul, are you really going to do this to me?" The tears she has been keeping before slowly coming out from her eyes and there's no way to stop it.

"I bet there's no way for me to make things right. At the end," She sighed, "It's all still my fault though I spill out the truth to him,"