I'm Happy

Silent Of Heart

 

 

 

"How nice it would be if I could wake up to amnesia?" The first thing Hangyul said as soon as he opened his eyes.

He wiped the tears on his cheeks. For the nth times in this month, he has been crying in his dream. He thought he could remember the dream but as soon as he opened his eyes, the memories on the dream flies away like a dandelion clock kids leaving their mother.

Bet it's really a sad dream if he even cried in the dream.

"What a long day ahead," Hangyul sighed as he took a look at the alarm clock located beside his bed.

He woke up from his bed and straightly walked to the toilet to take his shower. After he took his shower, he wore a simple black shirt for the class today. Since he only have one class for today so there's no need to wear a fancy outfit.

"," He cursed as he remembered something.

"Cool down, bro," Dongmyung who heard Hangyul cursing tried to calm his down. It's still early in the morning though. There's no need to stress.

Hangyul who was chewing on the bread passed a glare to the boy who greeted him, "I thought you don't have class today," Hangyul frowned when he saw Dongmyung with complete outfit as if he had a plan today.

"Ah," He stuttered, "I have something to do today. You know I'm a president of too many clubs so yeah," He said.

Hangyul shrugged to the answer and continued eating his bread. Sometimes he would touch his bare neck. It sure feel different to not have anything around your neck. He sighed.

"Where's your necklace?" The question startled Hangyul.

He looked at Dongmyung with a blank expression as if he's saying, 'You know where it is,'

"Okay, sorry," Dongmyung said as he noticed the stare given by his friend, "I'll go first," He grabbed the bread that was in Hangyul's hand and rushed out from the house.

"Yah, Son Dongmyung," Hangyul shouted but the sound of door closing could be heard from the place he sit.

 


 

"Good morning everyone," The professor greeted the students as soon as he put the book on the table. He looked around the class and stopped moving his head when he saw someone familiar, "Suji, you're back," He smiled when he saw Suji.

Suji slightly smiled when he did that before she swifted her eyes to Hangyul who sits 4 seats ahead of her. He's staring hardly at the empty whiteboard. Suji sighed.

Hangyul cleaned up his table and put all the stuff inside his bagpack. He was about to leave the class when someone grabbed his wrist, "Hangyul," He knows this voice.

He couldn't help himself but looked at the girl. He tried to look cold as much as he could so that he wouldn't shake even a little bit infront of the girl.

"Mind to go lunch with me?"

Hangyul frowned, "Lunch?" 

Suji kept quiet. She knows. She knows it's already over between them but why is it so hard for her to admit that? As if she felt like there's a strain of hope left for her and she believes she could make things right.

"Nevermind. Just forget about it," Suji took the book she put on Hangyul's table and turned her body around before walked to the door before a voice stopped her from doing so.

"Wait," Hangyul said and Suji turned her head around looking at Hangyul. She thought he would say yes to her invitation, "You took my book with you," There's an obvious disappointment expression on Suji's face and Hangyul noticed that but there's almost nothing he could do.

It's already over between them.

Suji returned the book that was not hers to Hangyul and started walking away from the boy. 

"It's okay. I just need to try it again tomorrow. Soon or later he will soften his heart if I keep doing this," She tried to stay positive though there's no guarantee at the end of it.

 


 

"Lee Suji, till when you're going to hide the things from Hangyul?" Euna sighed, "You know that he deserves to know what the hell happened during one year that you're gone, right? Like at least, he would reconsider his decision to let you go. You know he loves you so much, don't you?"

Suji stared outside of the cafe windows with a blank look. The weather felt especially cold today; just like her heart at the moment. A sudden gesture by Euna startled her. Euna looked at the girl's face with full of love and care. There's nothing she hopes other than for Suji happiness. She deserves to own that.

And Euna also knows, the happiness would only exist with Hangyul besides her. She feels bad towards the girl who was 4 years younger than her because she couldn't do anything to make the things right between Hangyul and Suji.

Euna somehow knows that Hangyul is still mad at her because she lied to him a year ago. She told Hangyul she didn't know where the hell Suji is when obviously she knows about it. Just, she promised to Suji that she will never tell Hangyul about it as she said she will explain to Hangyul by herself.

But she bets Suji has no guts to tell the boy about it.

"He hates me," The only statement Suji could mention at the moment. The only things she sure for now, Hangyul hates her. Suji took out the necklace she kept in her handbag and put it on the table, "He gave this necklace to me although he's the who bought it," Suji remembered it clearly that it's Hangyul who was insisted to buy it.

But at the end, it becomes hers.

Euna grabbed the girl's hand when she noticed that there's tears formed in Suji's eyes, "Suji, you know that I will always be here for you?" Suji nodded her head as she let her tears came out from her eyes.

 


 

"Am I really the one at fault?" Hangyul was on his way to his favourite cafe when he stopped himself from walking as he could see Suji and Euna in the cafe. He watched the scene from the start to the moment Suji burst into tears.

It's a lie if he said he's not affected by the tears because he could feel that his heart break into pieces when he saw Suji was crying because of him. It hurts. But did Suji knows that Hangyul cried for a ing month when she left him?