Prologue

Beat The Odds
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chanyeol jogged alongside the river that ran through the city taking the view for granted since it was something he saw every morning on his jog. He enjoyed the lack of population at 5:30am and felt a sort of freedom at all the space he had to run. This was his way of keeping fit since he couldn't afford a gym membership or a car to drive to a gym since he lived on the edge of the city. Not to mention having a car wouldn't even help since he had no license. He had just come to the bridge he always used to cross over the wide river when he felt a sharp pain in his lower back making him stop in his tracks and clutch the spot tightly. After a few seconds it dulled into a throbbing and he shook it off, continuing on his route until he came to the usual traffic lights.

 

He waited patiently for the green man to appear so he could cross safely despite the lack of cars at this time in the morning. Why he would he risk dying, right? Just as he had that thought, another jogger, a short woman, passed him and ran through the red signal not to cross. He felt his cheeks flush, slightly embarrassed at himself for not just taking this tiny risk especially since there were no cars around. Nevertheless, he waited until he was signalled to cross before continuing his journey and eventually winding up at his small bungalow back in the outskirts of the city.

 

He heard the shower running when he went inside and smiled to himself. Kyungsoo was awake. He munched on some fruit while he waited for the shower to be unoccupied again, missing the chance to say good morning to Kyungsoo as he locked himself in the bedroom to get dressed after his shower.Chanyeol ended up using Kyungsoo's shampoo that he had brought over with him the previous night. The two didn't actually spot each other until Chanyeol was pulling on his shoes and Kyungsoo came out of the bathroom while brushing his teeth.

 

"Good morning, beautiful," he mumbled through the toothpaste.

 

"Hi Kyungsoo," Chanyeol smiled at his boyfriend and finished tying his shoelace as Kyungsoo walked back to the bathroom to spit out the toothpaste and clean his mouth. "What's up?"

 

"Ah... well... I'm nervous about tonight..." he mumbles as he walks back into the bedroom. "I wanted to write two new songs for my show but I didn't have time and some of the songs I've already written aren't that good so I'm not sure how I feel about tonight."

 

Chanyeol loved hearing Kyungsoo talk about his music. He was a very passionate musician and Chanyeol really admired that about him. "Baby, I'm sure you're just overthinking," he smiled and walked over to Kyungsoo, wrapping his arms around his waist. "You're incredibly talented no matter what you think, okay? And I'm sure you'll do amazing tonight."

 

Kyungsoo blushed and leaned up to peck Chanyeol's lips. "You're the best Chan. By the way, where'd you put all my stuff?"

 

"Oh, I put it in your drawer," Chanyeol said nonchalantly as he walked back to check his face in the mirror then his eyes widened when he remembered he hadn't discussed 'the drawer' with Kyungsoo yet.

 

"I have a drawer?" Kyungsoo smirked and folded his arms over his chest.

 

"Well... there was nothing in the drawer before anyway, I mean there were a few things but I moved them somewhere else and I just thought it would be nice for you to have somewhere here you could put your things and stuff since you spend a lot of time here anyway-"

 

He was cut off by Kyungsoo pecking his lips. "You're cute when you get all nervous like that. I like that you wanted me to have a drawer darling. Thank you."

 

Chanyeol could fe

Please log in to read the full chapter