chapter seven

Summer

The day-activities were coming to an end, as the sun was also beginning to set. Cabins 20-25 continued to play more games, make new friends, and share tons of laughs. It reminded you of how much you loved Summer Camp, regardless of the extra chaos Jimin and the bangtan boys added.

 

--

 

After a fresh shower, you headed back to your cabin where the rest of your roommates were settling into beds and sharing gossip like a typical slumber party. Despite how curious you were as a person and how much your curiosity has gotten you into trouble, gossiping wasn’t really your thing. You headed straight to bed.

 

“(Y/n)~ wanna join us?” Nayeon cooed from the huddled group of girls.

 

“No thanks. I don’t have anything exciting to share” you said, closing your eyes.

 

“Why don’t you tell us about Jimin?”

 

Your eyes shot open. “What about him?” you sat up to six pairs of eyes staring at you.

 

“Come on~ I’m sure you have some juicy stories to tell” Nayeon wiggled her eyebrows.

 

Immediately, moments between you and Jimin began flashing through your mind; subconsciously causing your cheeks to turn red. You gulped and hesitated to answer.

 

“Oh my god, she’s blushing!”

 

“Looks like someone’s got a crush!”

 

“She’s so totally into Jimin!”

 

Their assumptions made you feel even more flustered.

 

“Y-yah, how can I like someone I barely know? Jimin’s nothing but a pain in the-” you stopped mid-sentence, suddenly remembering the note Jimin left you this morning.

 

Meet me by the lake tonight at 9pm

 

You looked at the digital clock that read 9:05pm.

 

“S-sorry, I gotta get some fresh air” you hurriedly jumped out of bed, slid some shoes on, and grabbed a jacket on the way out, leaving behind a confused set of girls.

 

--

 

It was a chilly night. You could see the condensation of your breath in the cold air, puffing out with every step you took. The darkness of the night was slowly starting to engulf your vision.

Luckily, you had arrived to an open area by the lake, with logs conveniently placed around an unlit bonfire pit.

 

You’ve stumbled across this area before, during your late night adventures in your previous years of attending summer-camp. It never seemed to be occupied so you believed it was abandoned and/or possibly haunted. Fortunately, you weren’t scared of those type of things.

 

You looked around and yet there was no sign of Jimin. Your watch read 9:15pm. This better not be a set up, you thought to yourself.

 

The sound of a branch snapping caught your attention. “Who’s there?” you spun around.

 

Another sound of crunching leaves came from a different direction. You looked everywhere but there was no one. Then it became dead quiet.

 

. . .

 

“BOO!” someone pops out from behind, attempting to scare you.

 

You rotated your body to the source of ruckus. “Oh, it's you” you stared blankly at Jimin, who had his arms above his head. How cute.

 

“You ” he pouted and dropped his arms to his sides.

 

“Nice try” you chuckled. “Why’d you ask me to meet you here?” you asked as you both plopped onto the log.

 

He shrugged. “Just felt like it”

 

You lifted an eyebrow, unsatisfied with his response.

 

“Since you’re my pet, you have to know where your playpen is” he stated casually.

 

“Aish” you lifted a hand, preparing to smack him.

 

“Kidding” he chuckled. “This is my hideout. Me and the rest of the guys like to go here sometimes when we wanna get away”

 

You slowly lowered your hand.

 

“Jimin…” you mumbled as you sensed something was bothering him. “Yoongi told me that I made you drop your mother’s ring” you held your breath, waiting for his reply.

 

He averted his eyes and looked towards the lake in front of him.

 

You took this moment of silence to stare at his side profile and notice how beautifully the moonlight reflected against his skin.

 

“That’s right” he finally spoke.

 

“My mother was very ill before she passed away… and she gave me her ring, as a physical reminder that she’d always be with me, if she didn’t make it. I guess you can see how things went from there” he fiddled with his fingers, still avoiding eye contact.

 

An instant pang of guilt hit your stomach at the idea that you were the cause of him losing something so important. You had to do something about it.

 

“I’ll help you find your mother’s ring”

 

“I already tried looking. You won’t find it.”

 

His words, however, didn’t hinder your determination. You were at least going to try.

 

“Jimin” you tried to get his attention, but he wouldn’t look at you.

 

You decided to kneel on both knees in the space between his legs, finally catching his attention. You wrapped your arms around him and hugged him tightly, without saying a word.

 

Jimin was surprised by your actions, but eventually reciprocated the embrace and wrapped his arms around your waist. His face snuggled into your shoulder.

 

You both remained in this position for as long as Jimin needed.

 

“Look at you. You’re just like a pet, providing comfort to their owner” Jimin chuckled, slowly letting go of the hug.

 

You scoffed lightly. “Normally, I would smack you. But I’ll let it go this time.”

 

You stood up and read your watch, 10:30pm.

 

“It’s getting late. I should head back” you started to walk off until you felt Jimin grab your wrist.

 

“(Y/n)” he called your name.

 

“Hm?” you looked back at him.

 

Thank you

 

In that moment, Jimin smiled the most angelic smile you had ever seen. And it was that smile on his face that you couldn’t stop thinking about into the night and into your dreams.

 

--

A/N: Wowowow was this too dramatic? I’ve had this chapter planned out even before I wrote the first chapter, hehe. I’m kinda proud of how it turned out so I hope you guys enjoy <3