chapter three

Summer

After a long hour of mopping up maple syrup residue and picking out feathery bits from the wood-floor crevices, quite a bit still had to be cleaned. It was getting late and you wanted to hit the showers before all the hot water ran out.

 

“Are you guys sure?” you asked your roommates as they insisted on taking care of the rest.

 

You were afraid they hated you for triggering this unfortunate event, but they understood it was the mischievous doings of who they call,  “the bangtan boys.” Other than that, they really appreciated your effort in defending them as well.

 

Grabbing a towel and a change of clothes, you bowed and thanked your roommates before heading to the showers.

 

You walked absentmindedly, just wandering into wherever your footsteps took you. Finally, you arrived at the showers where you overheard some voices and subconsciously followed the echoing path; without even realizing you had walked into the men’s showers.

 

The lighting was dim, the room was steamy, and the showers were running. You weren’t sure what you walked in on, yet you stood there like a deer in headlights.

 

“Jin, stop acting like you’re in a music video. You’re in the showers not the pouring rain” the boy with a towel wrapped around his waist laughed as he used a twisted shirt to whip his friend.

 

“Ow! Dammit Taehyung, can’t you just let me have my moment!” Jin whined trying to pinch his side and grab the shirt from him.

 

He swatted Jin’s arm away and continued to . “Who are you trying to impress? It’s just me and Hobi”

 

“I don’t need to impress anyone, I’m already handsome.” Jin stated pridefully and went back to rinsing his body. 

 

The other friend with a towel around his waist, Hobi, wanted to join in on the fun. “Looks like someone’s grumpy” he laughed and twisted another shirt to whip it at him.

 

Jin, who was now fed up, quickly put on a towel and decided to grab his own shirt as a weapon. Taehyung and Hobi screamed as they began pushing each other around the dark steamy room, trying to avoid their hyung’s wrath. Since the showers were no longer running, the steam began to lift, revealing who the three boys were.

 

Wait a second, those are the bagntan boys. You never noticed how good-looking they were until now. Not to mention...they all had abs. And coincidentally enough in that moment, as the boys continued to whip at each other’s waists, Taehyun’s towel fell.

 

You gasped a little too loudly and slapped your hand over your mouth, hoping they didn’t notice you had been watching them this entire time.

 

Their heads turned to your direction. “Did you guys hear that?”

 

But before they could see who it was, you ran to the co-ed locker rooms between the men’s and women’s showers. You leaned against the tile wall and panted, squeezing your eyes tightly just trying to erase the image from your head. You felt yourself getting hot.

 

You got to the shower and opted for cold water now since you couldn’t control how much your body temperature was rising. But with the help of the cool sensation against your skin, you relaxed and finished showering.

 

You wrapped yourself in a towel and tiptoed down the hall, peeking around the corner to make sure the boys wouldn’t be at the locker rooms by the time you walked out. The coast is clear.

 

Pressing against the wall, you ninja'd your way into the locker rooms and opened the locker you kept your clothes in.

 

As you closed it, a boy leaning against the lockers appeared, startling you.

 

“Liked what you saw?” He smiled.

 

You looked away out of embarrassment. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

 

He chuckled. “Sure, you don’t. No worries, I won’t tell anyone.”

 

You stared at him, unsure of what to say. At least he was clothed now, so you could contain yourself.

 

“Anyways, I’m Taehyung.” He reached his hand out.

 

You shook his hand in return and nodded your head a bit. “I’m (Y/n).”

 

“You’re Jimin’s girl, aren’t you?”

 

The thought made you fluster. “I-I guess...I don’t know. I didn’t ask for this.”

 

“Yah, Kim Taehyung! Quit harassing the girl, would you?” A boy appeared with another following behind him.

 

He put an arm around Taehyung. “Don’t mind him, he likes to instigate things.”

 

Taehyung shook his arm off his shoulders.

 

“Tch. This is Jin and that’s Hobi” he gestured towards the other boys. “And this is (Y/n)”

 

You bowed a little. “Nice to meet you” you mumbled awkwardly, realizing you were still wrapped in a towel and hugging your clothes to your chest. You couldn’t help but squirm under their gaze.

 

Luckily, Hobi noticed the situation. “Oh sorry, we should let you get dressed” he tried to exchange glances with the other two for agreement but they were too busy staring at you.

 

“Psst, hey” he snapped his fingers in front of them, getting their attention.

 

“Huh? Oh my bad, yeah. We should go” Taehyung sheepishly scratched the back of his neck before heading out.

 

“Goodnight (Y/n), see you tomorrow!” Jin waved, following after Taehyung.

 

“Before I go, I just wanted to apologize on behalf of my friends for the cabin prank. We didn’t think it would escalate the way it did. But again, we’re sorry and we hope we didn’t completely ruin your Summer” Hobi gave an apologetic smile.

 

Now how could you stay mad at that face? You were touched by his apology so you forgave him and the rest of the bangtan boys. Well, all of them aside from Jimin at least. You knew the blizzard he caused wasn’t over yet.

 

You waved your last goodbye and quickly slipped into undergarments before anyone else could walk in. However, you heard footsteps coming closer causing you to panic. You threw on your oversized sweater but weren’t fast enough to put on your bottoms by the time you saw who came in.

 

It was Jimin. He didn’t notice you at first, but you still froze in your tracks.

 

He was fresh out the shower; a towel wrapped around his waist and another being used to dry his hair. Just when you thought the other three had nice abs...Jimin’s were exceptionally better. You felt yourself getting hot again. He was hot.

 

“(Y/n)?” the sound of his voice briefly shook you out of your trance. He was right in front of you by now.

 

“What’re you looking at?” he asked as his eyes wandered down your body. His gaze made your legs tremble.

 

“N-nothing, I’m going to bed” you tried to push past him but he grabbed your arm, preventing you from moving further.

 

He pulled you closer to him as he slid his other hand under your sweater and up your back. The contact made your skin tingle and your temperature rise.

 

Jimin looked into your eyes and made sure you didn’t look away. “You’re not going anywhere looking like that” he said in a subtle, territorial tone.

 

At this point, you couldn’t find any words to speak. You were too mesmerized to even think of a comeback or push him away. The feeling of his skin against yours, the firm grip he had on your body, the deepness in his eyes that never left yours; you liked it all. You didn’t want it to end and within that split second, you even wished he could just kiss-

 

“Ouch!” you yelped, realizing that he had pulled and released the back-hook of your bra.

 

You smacked him in the chest. “What was that for!?” you yelled while rubbing your back to soothe the pain.

 

“Put some pants on” he laughed, throwing your bottoms at you. Your face turned red.

 

“You’re one to talk. You only have a towel on!”

 

“You seemed to enjoy it” he cocked an eyebrow.

 

“Yeah well- I mean no- but-” you stammered.

 

“Relax, I’m just messing with you” he smiled and ruffled your hair. “For real though, get dressed and go to bed already. I have something for you in the morning” he winked before leaving to change himself.

 

You waited a moment and facepalmed at how ridiculous you were acting earlier. He’s the Ice Prince, remember? You can’t be acting and feeling this way. But you can’t help yourself...

 


A/N: Yayy, we finally met some of the bangtan boys! Who shall we meet next? Hehe, thanks for reading <3